As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So I finished my set, 2000% extra damage is pretty amazing. Along with half price disintegrate, I'm mowing down guys in T7. Tomorrow I'll bump it to T10 and see how I do.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So I still haven’t been able to get a balance to finish my justice TR build but am running with the fist weapon that boosts sweeping wind and lets it stack to 13 charges. That can give a nice little speed boost.

Also got the dungeon mastery done finally.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    I finally got round to starting a Monk and holy cow I love the playstyle. Once you realise you’re essentially meant to use Dash to make yourself an elite hunting pinball, it’s just insanely fun to rocket around the levels exploding things, punching fast and dropping bells on stuff.

I was quite disappointed that I had to switch out my DONG BELL for the Roundhouse kick once I got a fist weapon with a 600% Kick modifier... but it’s still fun as hell.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    The Rift Guardian has ar-BONG

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I really need to put a WOL bulls together and give ding donging things a try, but the I am the blender style of tempest rush is so much fun.
    Esp when I'm elite hunting and things are just exploding for getting in my way. The monk train stops for nothing! Choo choo!

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Got myself a pretty fresh pair of Shenlong fist weapons, but I’m not sure I’m using them right with my full-Set Raiments. Typically I dash into a crowd, suck everyone in, and start smashing with my generator. All good, everything dies. Occasional dash to reset the 6-piece bonus.

But I feel like my spirit levels should be constantly maxing and draining, instead I hover at around half full, so I’m not taking advantage of the 200% damage bonus very often, nor the bonus damage per point of spirit, which makes me think I might be better off a different set of weapons. Is there a different way to use these things?

Spaffy on
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Make sure you get that breath of heaven rune that increases spirit gained. Pop it near full spirit and/or after it activates, then the bonus will mitigate the drain.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Had some time this weekend, so decided to finish up chapter 4 on my demon hunter and then push to GR70 for the free primal.

Got a Yang’s, and a Ramaladni dropped with it.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I got the bare-minimum core of Whirlwind + Rend going (got a Skull Grasp but haven't equipped it yet, and still need the belt that improves Rend), and I can endless-spin through T10 and it's ridiculous and hilarious. I am, quite frankly, resentful of the fact that I need to stop spinning to open doors, activate shrines, and pick up Death's Breaths. Give me a pet that can do all those things, Blizzard.

• Options
    I can do a level ~40 rift, but I get one shot by any amount of damage. Yesterday the rift boss was a teleporting physical damage guy and it was wrecking me.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I got the bare-minimum core of Whirlwind + Rend going (got a Skull Grasp but haven't equipped it yet, and still need the belt that improves Rend), and I can endless-spin through T10 and it's ridiculous and hilarious. I am, quite frankly, resentful of the fact that I need to stop spinning to open doors, activate shrines, and pick up Death's Breaths. Give me a pet that can do all those things, Blizzard.

This is the same for tempest rush build.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    MarekMarek Lurker Pro A screen door... factoryRegistered User regular
    Woo, first season I've ever completed. Thanks to those who posted at the beginning of the season that swayed me to the Demon Hunter. Mowing down full screens on GR70 is exceedingly enjoyable.

Does this mean I've finished Diablo III and can put it down now? *twitches to thoughts of fast leveling another class up super fast*

XBL: Jason Marek
  • Options
    Anyone have any ideas for how to complete the sorcerer set dungeon? I can't get a sustainable 4 stack of Rasha, let alone avoid the first worm that seems to always sneak up on me.

• Options
    Marek wrote: »
    Woo, first season I've ever completed. Thanks to those who posted at the beginning of the season that swayed me to the Demon Hunter. Mowing down full screens on GR70 is exceedingly enjoyable.

Does this mean I've finished Diablo III and can put it down now? *twitches to thoughts of fast leveling another class up super fast*

Not even death can save you from me
    - Diablo
    - Michael Scott

• Options
    So I ended up not playing this season as much as originally planned, too much other junk to do. Was considering jumping back in but I think at this point I’ll just wait for 20.

On that note, should probably hear about PTR in the next couple weeks? Just guessing based on previous timelines and blue posts.

Further guessing, but it sounded like potentially DH, Necro, and/or Wiz for the next round. Or maybe they’ll just be getting attention like Barb in 19? Uliana monk was hinted at too, which will be a free one.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    So I ended up not playing this season as much as originally planned, too much other junk to do. Was considering jumping back in but I think at this point I’ll just wait for 20.

On that note, should probably hear about PTR in the next couple weeks? Just guessing based on previous timelines and blue posts.

Further guessing, but it sounded like potentially DH, Necro, and/or Wiz for the next round. Or maybe they’ll just be getting attention like Barb in 19? Uliana monk was hinted at too, which will be a free one.

Did you finish the journey?

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Angel gob was at the end right? If so yes.

My last couple seasons crashed at the shift from journey into caldessan farming.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I rarely push in seasons, I almost did this season but I logged in and no one was online and that kills my drive to play tremendously.

Yes, the angel gob was the end. Just wanted to make sure you got it.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    HexDex wrote: »
    I rarely push in seasons, I almost did this season but I logged in and no one was online and that kills my drive to play tremendously.

Yes, the angel gob was the end. Just wanted to make sure you got it.

Yeah haven't been in D3, been trying to finish other games and real life.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    They should add a laser space robot class for Diablo 4.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    The last time I played Diablo III was like 3 seasons ago. I got like 3 or 4 full DH and 3 or 4 full Wizard sets and that broke me in a way I haven't been broken in awhile. I don't think I even finished the entire season. I did get the typical rewards, but I didn't get all the additional challenges done.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    These cultist pages can sup from my bunghole.

I never had seen the darkening event though. pretty cool. I particularly like the
    implication that it's entirely your fault that the cows went nuts. There wasn't a cow level. :lol:

Just need page 6 then a couple more of the unique enemies and I'll have done it all.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that happens in January. I can't believe it's already been a year since I plowed through all those achievements.

• Options
    Does anyone know if the frozen orb via a Wizardspike gets the damage buffs from Tal Rasha and other wizard stuff?

• Options
    Diablo wikia is generally pretty good for those sorts of questions, and says the frozen orb is identical to the Wizard skill. So it doesn’t explicitly say yes, but most likely yes.

It won’t be better than using unstable scepter, but if you’ve got a spike and nothing better for your cube then it could be fun.

• Options
    This weeks challenge rift is shitty. horrible laned areas and a DH who seems to have went out of their way to purposefully have no survivability whatsoever.

• Options
    Yeah, I tried it a few times and just gave up. I fall short by like 20 seconds each time and it's very dispiriting.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Hmm, I just did it, and though I died like 8 times beat the timer. Note that the only DR it has is dependent on not having enemies next to you, so you should really always be shooting from a screen away and killing things before you see them (most of my deaths were to the fatties later in the rift as I vaulted into their explosions).

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    Speaking of explosions; I hope D4 dumps one shot explosions like the fatties and molten. And tone the arcane beams way the fuck down.

If a game is entirely online and even a slight hiccup from lag can insta-gib you, that isn't good design.

Even beyond any issues with latency; fatties and molten bring the game to a screeching halt, and that's also counterproductive to the rest of the game design. You shouldn't need to stand around and wait for explosions to go off to be able to grab your orbs for rifts, and skipping the orbs makes killing the champions pointless otherwise, and it is almost never worth risking grabbing them before they explode. Unfortunately it seems like nearly every single boss/champion has molten at high difficulties.

When you're pushing rifts and torment levels, you're already frequently toeing the line of survivability and damage, having things that outright kill you with very few exceptions (I know there are ways around the damage, with certain gear, and specific builds) is unnecessary, imo.

• Options
    I kinda expected PTR by now. Really curious to see the next batch of sets, and starting to get that itch, but man, the rate of blue posts severely crashed with the new year.

I’ve been playing Hades, which is great, but is also making me want the new season even more.

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    I kinda expected PTR by now. Really curious to see the next batch of sets, and starting to get that itch, but man, the rate of blue posts severely crashed with the new year.

I’ve been playing Hades, which is great, but is also making me want the new season even more.

Yeah, this radio silence is a bit odd. Hopefully after Lunar New Year there will be activity again.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Speaking of explosions; I hope D4 dumps one shot explosions like the fatties and molten. And tone the arcane beams way the fuck down.

If a game is entirely online and even a slight hiccup from lag can insta-gib you, that isn't good design.

Even beyond any issues with latency; fatties and molten bring the game to a screeching halt, and that's also counterproductive to the rest of the game design. You shouldn't need to stand around and wait for explosions to go off to be able to grab your orbs for rifts, and skipping the orbs makes killing the champions pointless otherwise, and it is almost never worth risking grabbing them before they explode. Unfortunately it seems like nearly every single boss/champion has molten at high difficulties.

When you're pushing rifts and torment levels, you're already frequently toeing the line of survivability and damage, having things that outright kill you with very few exceptions (I know there are ways around the damage, with certain gear, and specific builds) is unnecessary, imo.

I've seen a lot of people asking for them to slow the game down, actually. These mechanics are one of the ways they could try to accomplish that.

I'm not sure it's really achievable though, because the core loot slot machine feedback loop and character customization people want inevitably leads to people building their character and playing the game in the way that allows them to kill the most monsters at the fastest speed.

• Options
    This is the first time I've taken a monk to max level, and man, I am just not enjoying the core loop of the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set. It'd probably get better if I had the Shenlong weapon set and Spirit Guards for damage reduction, but the basic "Dashing Strike => generator => Dashing Strike => generator => ..." just loop doesn't click for me. I was hoping to farm up the items for a Tempest Rush build and switch to that ASAP, but farming that at low Torments will take forever, and getting to higher Torments will require getting more items to complement the Raiment set. Either way, it means playing with the Raiment set for a while, and at this point I just don't feel like it.

I completed the basic 4 chapters of the Season Journey, so I at least got that evil unicorn pet (which I missed previously), but I dunno that I'll be make it far enough to get the angelic treasure goblin, which is a bummer.

• Options
    Starting with a set you don’t like really sucks, but can be mitigated by clan rifts.

I forget if you’re on PC? If so, I wouldn’t mind an excuse to run the monk some more, and could probably funnel you a different set in no time.

• Options
    This is on PC, yeah - I actually zoomed through the entire Season Journey (literally and figuratively) on the Switch with the whirlwind barbarian. It was one of the most relaxed and pleasant Season Journeys I've done, so the contrast with the monk experience is especially stark.

Thank you for the offer, Noggin! If I do get a chance to play, it's usually quite late at night, after 11:30pm EST, and usually after midnight. I don't want to make anyone fit my dumb schedule, but if I see you already on B.net at a time when I'm on, maybe I can give you a ping?

• Options
    Oof ya that’s no go for me, I need to try to sleep by 11 or my kids will destroy me.

Incidentally, I tend to have some time on weekends at like 6am EST...

• Options
    Well, if we intersect some point (most likely on a weekend), then we will know that the stars have aligned, the fates have willed it so, and that any of our endeavors are guaranteed to end with success!

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Well, if we intersect some point (most likely on a weekend), then we will know that the stars have aligned, the fates have willed it so, and that any of our endeavors are guaranteed to end with success!

you can hit me up any time you see me on - i'm usually playing late during the times you indicate. No monk myself, but I can carry 105's or something and get you a ton of gear fast, or we can just play because playing with actual humans is fun.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Main site has a blog update offering some dev insight into balancing and class set design, wherein they refer to paragon level five fucking thousand** as a “middle ground that’s beneficial to most players”. Gave me a good chuckle.

Some of it is interesting though, and they expressed that certain builds (stutter stepping crusaders, bazooka wiz) are going to be addressed, specifically mentioning disabling animation canceling on certain skills.

2.6.8 notes should be interesting.

Edit: it also seems to imply DH and Necro buffs, since they were shown below the target of GR 130

** re-edit: Nev had a good reply about this
    I wouldn't think of it that way. I generally average 600-800 a season before I stop to avoid burnout. But I do think the people who are regularly hitting 5000 paragon tend to forget that your or my accomplishments are more in line with the average player experiences.

It's still important we make our changes based on both types of players. But I do think it's easy for players (like you or me) who average 800-1k per season to believe they can and should be performing the same as someone at 8000 or higher because the build they're referencing was created by someone at that level. That context is insanely important, but really easy to miss or forget.

We do a lot of math to land somewhere in between so we can suit both audiences.

Noggin on
  • Options
    Oooh nice! I'm glad to hear that they are going to address the certain builds and buffing the DH! Oh yeah and Necro too. Poor Necro being left next to the hired help.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.