As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    see317 wrote: »
    FCD wrote: »
    Finale Arrow.
    So Oliver managed to bring every main protagonist who’d died on the show back to life and Diggle is maybe a Green Lantern now? Okay sure why not.

I like that
    We got one last "You have failed this city." with the old killer vigilante Arrow. Weirdly nostalgic. Where did all the time go, eh?

It hasn't aired for me yet, but I'm curious if the most iconic of Arrow heroes makes an appearance...
    Salmon ladder?
    Yes

And I cheered

They brought back damn near everyone for this

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I think the only (relevant) character that didn't show up was
    Slade.

I never noticed how damn tall Echo Kellum is compared to everyone else.

sig.gif
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Sorce wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the only (relevant) character that didn't show up was
    Slade.

I never noticed how damn tall Echo Kellum is compared to everyone else.
    He did show up in the flashback to show how Oliver's mother didn't die to Slade as he cut his bonds with a knife to save her.

They had to completely reshoot that scene.

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I was a little confused on the timeline of this and the GA&BC pilot from last week
    Dinah hasn’t mysteriously been transported to 2040 yet, but she will be in the nearish future?

Also yay Green Diggle

Also YAY Ragman

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Oh also
    Roy proposed in front of what I think was a Powerless reference?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I was a little confused on the timeline of this and the GA&BC pilot from last week
    Dinah hasn’t mysteriously been transported to 2040 yet, but she will be in the nearish future?

Also yay Green Diggle

Also YAY Ragman
    Dinah said she was transported the day after Ollie's funeral, so I'm guessing it happens while she's riding to Metropolis

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

Also yay Green Diggle

Also YAY Ragman
    Plus Diggle is moving to Metropolis so he'll probably show up in the new show at some point.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I finished last season of Arrow and jumped head first into the previous season of Legends of Tomorrow.

I love John Constantine. I love him so much and this season has been amazing so far.

Legends of To-Meow-Meow might be my favorite episode of the series to date.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    I was just complaining that these shows need proper intros instead of the dumb narration/title card thing, and the new Legends and Flash both have actually intros! Could be better, but it’s a start

Diggle and Barry are great together

New Zari is incredible, I am agog at her voice

The old-timey gal is from my hometown! So most likely someone on Legends writing staff is also

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hi, Marie Antoinette was Austrian, she wouldn’t have had that incredibly over the top fake French accent, thank you that’s all

sig.gif
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    (Also I know the gag had to be visual, but “let them eat cake” is something of a mistranslation, what she said was “let them eat brioche”, which is a sweet pastry that’s somewhere between bread and a biscuit)

sig.gif
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    (Also I know the gag had to be visual, but “let them eat cake” is something of a mistranslation, what she said was “let them eat brioche”, which is a sweet pastry that’s somewhere between bread and a biscuit)

Ooo brioche. Look at this fancy rich person. To the guillotine with them!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Okay so Batwoman really needs to start having other villains besides Alice. I am getting really tired of her. At the face guy and dad don't count since they are heavily tied into Alice.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Hi, Marie Antoinette was Austrian, she wouldn’t have had that incredibly over the top fake French accent, thank you that’s all

Unless it was an intentionally over the top fake accent affected by a socialite empowered by magical hell perfume intending to host a party to the death.

So now that she’s finally been introduced on Flash, how close is Sue to the source material?

Because I’ve been seeing people anticipating her since Ralph was first introduced and I wasn’t sure why

She definitely feels very specific but I’m not sure how I feel about her just yet

Next week's episode of LoT will be directed by Caity Lotz; which is why she's got minimal on-screen time this week. She had to prep bts in the run up to production.

sig.gif
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    So now that she’s finally been introduced on Flash, how close is Sue to the source material?

Because I’ve been seeing people anticipating her since Ralph was first introduced and I wasn’t sure why

She definitely feels very specific but I’m not sure how I feel about her just yet

They have a lot of leeway because in the comics they were both introduced as a couple, at least she was, but she was always pretty in sync with Ralph regarding mysteries and detective work.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

She probably didn't even say it - it's a quote from a book by Rousseau from thirty years earlier, which is attributed to an unnamed princess (but assuredly not the 9 years old at the time Antoinette)

And I was also grousing about the accent thing

I mean honestly she is just a weird choice overall to be including as one of History's Greatest Villains

Edit: Also they kept referencing Les Miserables which is linked to the Second French Revolution not the first

Straightzi on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Are we gonna get Dangerous Habits, Legends style?

edited February 2020
    Supergirl had an entertaining episode.
    I am totally down for Metallo-Lena and Evil Brainy. Also no Jimmy, because fuck that guy, apparently.

Thomas Lennon, as expected, did a much better job as Myx than the last dude.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Legends

I can't get over how brilliant new Zari is

The reaction to
    Scoots McGoots

was incredible

Batwoman
    Mary figuring it out was pretty great, go Mary

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Now that Legends has started, my wife and I thought we should work on catching up to the crossover and watching that before we start the new Legends season.

We've caught up on Supergirl, and Flash to that point, thought we'd leave Arrow to last so we can sort follow that through to it's end, so we started on Batwoman after only having watched the pilot when that aired. We made it 3 episodes in. I really wanted to like this show, but it's tough. Does it get better? If no: if we skip the rest of Batwoman will we miss anything important to Crisis?

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Batwoman was the least important part of Crisis, and her series has nothing to do with the set-up. Crisis affects BW, but not the other way around.

sig.gif
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Thank you!

I know shows can struggle to find their feet a bit - look at Legends S1 vs S2! - so hopefully it picks up down the track.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Batwoman has really picked up after Crisis

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Great Legends this week

My only regret is that
    Constantine didn't have a fling with Kit Marlowe

But I guess maybe the John/Zari thing they sort of set up is interesting to

Straightzi on
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Great Legends this week

My only regret is that
    Constantine didn't have a fling with Kit Marlowe

But I guess maybe the John/Zari thing they sort of set up is interesting to
    the Constantine/Zari 2.0 thing was a little weird considering Zari 1.0 told Nate to find her

I'm also conflicted because I love Zari 1 and 2 and Behrad

It's kind of amazing that Behrad is a realized character that feels like he's been there the whole time when he didn't even get a real introduction. They just said "yeah he's been on the team for years" and make you believe it

also, it amuses me that Legends has consistently been the best superhero show on TV (post season 1) despite pretty much the entire cast being either a) not from comics at all or 2) completely different from the comic character (aside from Constantine, basically)

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm on early season 7 of Arrow and I am baffled at how long the Ricardo Diaz plot has gone on

It does not work at all

edited April 2020
    Ollie and Talia Al Ghul starting a prison riot and tag-teaming an entire hallway of riot cops works extremely well, however

Grey Ghost on
    Yeah the Diaz stuff goes on way to long and I like the actor usually. Diaz was just boring and highlights how stupid the rest of the people are.

Kirk Acevedo has been doing a great job, I will be clear, but the general direction of his stuff has just been that webcomic panel of the guy with the question marks

Now Ollie and Bronze Tiger are teaming up in prison and this fight rules

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Now Ollie and Bronze Tiger are teaming up in prison and this fight rules

Stephen Amell is no slouch with fight scenes, but Michael Jai White utterly shames him in that scene

I could feel some of those hits

I switched over to Legends season 4 and the fucking predatory unicorn is terrifying

The government official trying to shut down the Time Bureau is Thomas F. Wilson and that's just good fucking casting

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Logan Williams passed away, no cause of death yet.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/logan-williams-dead-flash-actor-was-16-1288519

He played young Barry in the earlier seasons.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

Hell yeah Jeremy Davies in the Elseworlds event

edited April 2020
    The 100th episode of Supergirl aired again this week, so everybody should go and watch it because it's probably definitely the best episode of the season so far.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!