As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2020 Schedule is Up!

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Not seeing many panels that I'm interested in, but definitely looks to be more variety though.

Felicia Day, though. I'll take it.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Any word on map, exhibitor list and app?

drhmrzipmoio.png
  • Options
    SatoruSatoru Registered User regular

Oddly the schedule seems sparse on details like who the Keynote speaker is and the lineup for the concerts? Seems odd to not know who that would be literally 1 month before the con? Not like keeping it 'secret' is relevant at this point or such?

• Options
    revengeancefulrevengeanceful Registered User regular
    Satoru wrote: »

Oddly the schedule seems sparse on details like who the Keynote speaker is and the lineup for the concerts? Seems odd to not know who that would be literally 1 month before the con? Not like keeping it 'secret' is relevant at this point or such?
    I think Arin got announced as Keynote speaker really close to the event last year, so I'm not too surprised that they haven't announced this year's yet.

• Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    I do appreciate the variety, but the lack of developer panels is a major bummer.

zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Satoru wrote: »

The app is generally updated the week of the event. Map and exhibitor list is the week before.

As previously noted, the keynote speaker for 2019 was announced the week before. East 2018 was two weeks prior. Concert lineup for 2019 filtered in during the month leading up to it. 2018 had artist changes the day before the event.

The one thing to keep in mind (as if we forgot) is this East being sooner than past years might also put a lot of the exhibitors/developers/artists on a time crunch to confirm their attendance. Losing 1-2 weeks of lead time might not seem like much to us average schmoes, but for some industries that can be asking for a lot depending on other events going on.

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    sobblebobblesobblebobble Registered User regular
    I do appreciate the variety, but the lack of developer panels is a major bummer.

I agree with this. I feel like it felt like there were less then usual. Maybe it's just me and just being panels of developers I'm less familiar with, but I didn't find anything toonmucch if interest for me in that department which is a bummer. Still excited for some fan panels at least