As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arrow] Team Arrow Appreciation Thread

1808182838486»

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Arrow will be ending next season with a 10 episode season 8.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arrow-season-8-final-season-cw-1203156254/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Noooooooooooooooo I need my Oliver Queen. :bigfrown:

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So now the odds of his survival in the next crisis are pretty much zero, yes?
    I hope he just dies, and doesn't get retconned out of existence so they can shake up the other shows or anything.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I hope he doesn't die.

I'd prefer retirement. He's earned it.

Any reason they're ending it next season?

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    From the timing it looks like it's going to be wrapping up in the next Crisis, which they started dropping hints for in this Crisis, so it's not spur of the moment.
    I'm not sure what the ratings have been like, but if they're actually ending it because they have an ending in mind rather than certain numbers being lower numbers than an executive wants, I'm all for it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Amell posted a video saying that he made the decision to leave after his contract was up at the end of this season, but they convinced him to stay through a short 10 episode run in season 8. Then the creators made the decision that they would not attempt to continue the series without him.

From what he said it sounds like he wants to spend more time with his family and possibly pursue other things with his career.

• Options
    Amell posted a video saying that he made the decision to leave after his contract was up at the end of this season, but they convinced him to stay through a short 10 episode run in season 8. Then the creators made the decision that they would not attempt to continue the series without him.

From what he said it sounds like he wants to spend more time with his family and possibly pursue other things with his career.

Ah that's a fair point.

He's got a winery as well to run.

I reckon he'll retire and Emikio will become Green Arrow full time for any crossovers

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

A decade is a long time and it still leaves it open for him coming back for cameos in the other shows while giving him a better work/life balance.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    As much as I was hoping that Arrow would continue and shoot for the lauded Season 10 / Episode 200 goal, it's good that they're ending the show on their own terms instead of having to write a way out.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Man, why does Oliver sound so different in the openings?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm actually relieved that the show is ending.

It's had too many seasons of spinning its wheels.

Giving them an actual end to work towards should allow them to avoid some of that through the end.

It's very much time for this show to end.

There's already been a few times I almost dropped it. So thankfully knowing an end is in sight means I can stick it out.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

I think because they recorded them from earlier seasons.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Well they won't be
    killing her off so I wonder what her exit will look like?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular

I think he got sick of lowering his voice an octive for the character. theres a definite switch between seasons 3ish onwards with his characters voice. It went from a lot gruffer to his natural tone. Its much much softer now by comparison.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I think it's more that he doesn't need to hide his voice since everyone knows he's the Green Arrow.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DedmanWalkinDedmanWalkin Registered User regular
    Whenever me and my friends fail to do something, one of us will say "You have failed this city!" The severity of the failure is determined by gruffness of the voice.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    I think it's more that he doesn't need to hide his voice since everyone knows he's the Green Arrow.

Nah, its most clear in the intro, but his regular ollie walking around voice is much deeper in earlier seasons than later on. He also changes his cadence in how the character talks with his inflections.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Well they won't be
    killing her off so I wonder what her exit will look like?
    Actually, they've thought ahead on this one. For once.
    The episode in the future showed that her and Oliver lived in a cabin in the woods so that no one would even know she was pregnant with Mia. The finale will probably be her going there to live out her pregnancy and raising their daughter.

sig.gif
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    I command this thread to live again.......

So season eight premiered. Off to a good start imo.
    It will be interesting how many of the past guest stars will be back over the course of this season. Still hoping for Deathstroke.

Still liked the ending as it came out of the blue, as you thought Oliver had changed this world for the better, the Anti-Matter said fuck that.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Invectivus wrote: »

It will be interesting how many of the past guest stars will be back over the course of this season. Still hoping for Deathstroke.

Still liked the ending as it came out of the blue, as you thought Oliver had changed this world for the better, the Anti-Matter said fuck that.

Also
    They destroyed Earth 2! The first earth the arrowverse crossed over to! Harrison Wells and Jessie QUICK !

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular

I guess it doesn't matter now, but
    that mask arrowed on Lian Yu is a spicy little bit of something, huh?

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular

I guess it doesn't matter now, but
    that mask arrowed on Lian Yu is a spicy little bit of something, huh?

In my head canon:
    Jesse Quick saved Harry and Bruce Wayne by going to Earth One before the anti-matter struck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    Crying? Me? That's ridiculous. What a ludicrous accusation.

Now give me a minute. My eyes are blurry and wet all of a sudden.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    You guys I am super excited about SERIES FINALE SPOILERS
    Diggle Green Lantern!!!! Is this going to be a spinoff? Is he going to start showing up on Supergirl or Legends or something and THEN be a spinoff? Is this just a fun fan service bit at the very end that's never going to come up again?

EXCITE!

• Options
    Xantomas wrote: »
    You guys I am super excited about SERIES FINALE SPOILERS
    Diggle Green Lantern!!!! Is this going to be a spinoff? Is he going to start showing up on Supergirl or Legends or something and THEN be a spinoff? Is this just a fun fan service bit at the very end that's never going to come up again?

EXCITE!

Well...
    He's moving to Metropolis, so he may show up on the Superman and Lois spinoff

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA