As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    that hawkeye is

very good
    The answer to WHO IS RONIN is really good too
    It actually is Clint.

He is in a bit of a manic spiral and returned to being Ronin after busting The Hood and then watching him immediately make bail and walk free.

He is aggressively taking out safe houses and slicing up (but not killing) goons, stealing Hood's money and then spending it all like crazy trying to help the world.

Like, he busts a safehouse and walks into a medical company and tosses a duffel bag full of cash on the CEO's desk and says HEY LETS OPEN A FREE CLINIC and quotes Luke Cage word for word

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    that hawkeye is

very good
    It actually is Clint.

He is in a bit of a manic spiral and returned to being Ronin after busting The Hood and then watching him immediately make bail and walk free.

He is aggressively taking out safe houses and slicing up (but not killing) goons, stealing Hood's money and then spending it all like crazy trying to help the world.

Like, he busts a safehouse and walks into a medical company and tosses a duffel bag full of cash on the CEO's desk and says HEY LETS OPEN A FREE CLINIC and quotes Luke Cage word for word
    oh no

i am immediately disinterested since you mentioned the hood

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    that hawkeye is

very good
    It actually is Clint.

oh no

Its okay he is portrayed as a spoiled shitbag who is bad at his job

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    that hawkeye is

very good
    It actually is Clint.

oh no

Its okay he is portrayed as a spoiled shitbag who is bad at his job

yeah but
    the hood

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    i have found someone to rival shriek, it appears

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    You mean you don't want to read the Shriek solo ongoing coming out this month?
    This is not a joke.

That exists.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Your dislike of Shriek is your most surprising quality tbh

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Hawkeye: Freefall continues to be wonderful and also really solidifies the street level MU as being where Matt Rosenberg is best suited.

He casts Clint as kind of a Nightwing esque "guy who knows everyone" which leads to little guest spots from Spider-Man, Falcon, Bucky, Tony Stark and this issue's fantastic scene with Luke Cage:
    lwb9h9jxgl4p.jpg
    n70a0p05q66r.jpg
    l6s3eomae3f4.jpg

It might just be me on this screen but the font for the first dialog of Luke Cage saying "CLINT" is super unfortunate.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    You mean you don't want to read the Shriek solo ongoing unannounced miniseries coming out this month?
    This is not a joke.

That exists.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hawkeye: Freefall continues to be wonderful and also really solidifies the street level MU as being where Matt Rosenberg is best suited.

He casts Clint as kind of a Nightwing esque "guy who knows everyone" which leads to little guest spots from Spider-Man, Falcon, Bucky, Tony Stark and this issue's fantastic scene with Luke Cage:
    lwb9h9jxgl4p.jpg
    n70a0p05q66r.jpg
    l6s3eomae3f4.jpg

It might just be me on this screen but the font for the first dialog of Luke Cage saying "CLINT" is super unfortunate.

I think it works, personally

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    You mean you don't want to read the Shriek solo ongoing coming out this month?
    This is not a joke.

That exists.

Do you mean Scream?

• Options
    Jesus christ there are two symbiote named Shriek and Scream????

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Give Screech from Saved by the Bell a symbiote

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Shriek is a lady what adopts Doppelganger, right?

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »

don't worry

venom 2 will make her dope and then the comics will copy the venom 2 version and then there will only be one bad character again

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I was gonna try to name a terrible character you like as the one bad one to really get your goat, but we have very similar 90's tastes, sooooooo.....

Juan Chupacabra?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

don't worry

venom 2 will make her dope and then the comics will copy the venom 2 version and then there will only be one bad character again

Can I also have Cletus Kasady redesigned featuring Woody Harrelson's spectacular wig photoshopped over his hair

• Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    I was gonna try to name a terrible character you like as the one bad one to really get your goat, but we have very similar 90's tastes, sooooooo.....

Juan Chupacabra?

4hc7cnc7gzi8.png

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Hahahahaha holy shit

There's an X-Men/F4 preview out and it shows that a key plot point is being taken straight from the Claremont X-Men vs. F4 80s miniseries
    Kate Pryde is sent to try and recruit Franklin because of their experience together when Kate was incorporeal and Franklin helped cure her in Doom's castle

What a clever goddamn pull

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    you all saw it

i didnt make the goat joke

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Preview for the new Ant-Man (mini?)series

Ant-Man-2020-issue-1-page-5.jpg&q=95&w=588&zc=1&a=t
    Ant-Man-2020-issue-1-page-6.jpg&q=95&w=588&zc=1&a=t

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/ant-man-2020-1/

I'm looking forward to this one

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Dude, they're giant sized, the goons are normal sized, no minis at all

So if anything, it's a maxi-series

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

Hell yes I would like to know Maddy's thoughts on...a lot of developments over the time she has been gone

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Why is she called the Goblin Queen

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Why is she called the Goblin Queen

Her powers were jumpstarted by demonic energies

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    She ever talked with Norman Osborne?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm sorry but who is that

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    that hawkeye is

very good
    It actually is Clint.

Now the question remains:
    How did he do it, because both Ronin and Hawkeye were around at the same time last issue. Clint has enough history and contacts to pull all the comic shenanigans you can think off to be in two places at the same time.

When did Clint and Linda became a thing BTW? I've not seen him since West Coast, but that was not that long ago.

Usual Rosenberg disclaimer remains: hope he sticks the landing cause he tends to mess up there.

Other comics:
    New Mutants: Aw, it's the lesser team again.
    Nope, not talking about the characters. Tabitha is still fun. Herman has really grown as a character. The twins are very creepy. But the writing and art is not really there compared to the other team.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Madelyne Pryor was a Jean Grey clone (?) Scott dated in the 90's

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Okay after Jean Grey died (the first time, I believe, back in the 80s), Scott fell in love with Madelyne Pryor, a normal human who admittedly bore a somewhat strange likeness to his dead ex.

Some comics stuff happens, but eventually they get married and Scott retires from active duty with the X-Men.

She gets pregnant (with a certain Nathan Charles Christopher Summers, better known as Cable), and Scott has a lot of trouble adjusting to not being an active superhero anymore. He gets a call that Jean is alive again, and immediately steps out on them to go form the first incarnation of X-Factor.

When she finds out about this, she is uhh, not happy to say the least. The demon S'ym offers her power, and she takes it, which transforms her into the Goblin Queen, who has powers of telepathy, telekinesis, and eventually low scale reality warping. In her search for more information about what is going on with Scott, she encounters Mr. Sinister, who reveals to her that she is actually a clone of Jean Grey, part of his plan to get a Summers/Grey baby for who knows what reason.

At this point she goes into full supervillain mode and heralds a demonic invasion of New York City, better known as the comics event Inferno. She dies in the resolution of it, although she has been intermittently resurrected for smaller scale stuff since then.

• Options
    Its also worth mentioning that Scott just fucking full on abandons her and their new child

Doesn't even call for MONTHS

And even through that she finds the rest of the X-Men and actively tries to help them in a support role because she doesn't want to feel helpless

Maddy got a raw fucking deal

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Also worth mentioning that she eventually gets into a rather sexually charged relationship with the Age of Apocalypse version of her son.

• Options
    Madelyne was resurrected in Brian Wood's run on X-Men back around 2014 and then nobody acknowledged it at all. I wonder if this will acknowledge that story or just act like it never happened.

It's a pity, Kris Anka designed a real sharp outfit for her in that story.

tumblr_n1me529A1c1re8ijgo1_540.jpg

• Options

Comics are bad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I have to imagine referencing Brian Wood written stuff is

Not something many creators feel like doing right now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Not acknowledging things that Brian Wood has done seems pretty common in the comics community

• Options
    That outfit, though!

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Not acknowledging things that Brian Wood has done seems pretty common in the comics community
    Shit

This is rough chuckles but it is chuckles

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.