As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2019 - Perfect gifting! See you next year!

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Ooh I got a notice that there’s something at the post office and I don’t think I ordered anything so perhaps Satan??

I will try to get there tomorrow but it could be Friday.

Presents have arrived! Hail Satan!
    qSZMmoh.jpg

Yay! Thanks @Tonkka although wait I actually said I don’t like raisins...
    iP3DwkF.jpg

Ahh haha excellent. This is a treasure.
    m7x7htA.jpg

The next two volumes of Dragonball Super that I needed!
    fqZ1b77.jpg

Hell yeah, this shirt rules!
    kRHJMAk.jpg

And finally I got this awesome print. Gonna get this framed for sure.
    9lN7KIw.jpg

Thanks again Tonkka! I love it all! And you also got my cats a nice gift of a big box, paper, and bubble wrap to play with.
    HpLV6x8.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ha ha that owns,

HAI
    LSA
    TAN

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I think... that means.... we're done!

If anyone HASN'T gotten a gift can you please @ me?

But I think everyone got their stuff! That's 100% gifting! Congrats my peeps, y'all are some decent folks!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Hooray! Finally!

Glad you like it all, even though it took me forever to get it out to you.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Presented in no particular order except "the one I'm in is first because we are the best," the final chain situation appears to be:
    ? > Skeith 1 2 > Brolo 1 2 > MulysaSempronius 1 > Cristoval 1 2 > Moriveth 1 2> Bucketman 1 2 3 > Veldrin 1 > Cello 1 2 3 > Lalabox 1 2 3 4 5 > My Satan is better than you, and you know it > Perrsun 1 2 3 > KetBra 1 2
    ? > Lasbrook 1 > Naphtali 1 2 > Pinfeldorf 1 2 > Madican 1 2
    ? > DrZiplock 1 2
    ? > The Hanged Man 1
    ? > Slacker71 1 2 > Rankenphile 1 2 > chrishallett83 1 2 3 4 > Janson 1 2 > iloveslimes 1 > Lost Salient 1 > Tofystedeth 1 2 3 > Tynic 1 > Brovid Hasselsmof 1 2 3
    ? > ceres 1
    ? > JimBobtheMonkey 1 > Centipede Damascus 1 > Noggin 1 > . 1
    ? > N1tSt4lker 1 > Goose! 1? 2 3 > Ladybug2332 1 > #pipe 1 2 > Xaquin 1 2 3 > Tonkka 1 2 > Taya 1 > QuickSnap 1
    ? > Romanian My Escutcheon 1 > Blackhawk1313 1 2 > Fearghaill 1
    ? > Straightzi 1

DrZiplock 2018 > BlakeT (2018+1) 1

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    Great job, everyone!

Also, we use the tiny whisks and wine decanter all the god damn time. Satan, you are truly the best dark one there is.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    164 PMs! Woohoo!

Not all of them are Satan related, but I'd say about 150 are definitely!

A good year for imping!

I love you all!

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Ha ha that owns,

HAI
    LSA
    TAN

I designed that! I need to get another batch of both the buttons and stickers ordered. Possibly shirts as well.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I just realized, there was no Shaq-Fu this year was there?

Also @Taya let me know if the shirt fits. The sizing was a little. . . difficult to discern.

Madican wrote: »

Refer to the first post on page 16. But I think that was the only one.

Tonkka wrote: »
    Also @Taya let me know if the shirt fits. The sizing was a little. . . difficult to discern.

It does fit. It’s not too tight but not too baggy. Perfect for wearing with jeans.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Refer to the first post on page 16. But I think that was the only one.

Oh, must've missed that one while at PAX. Good to see the tradition continues!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    To Whom It May Concern,

It is with great reluctance that I write these words. I will admit that I have delayed for as long as possible, but I don’t believe that I can delay any further. A package arrived, just over a week ago, and has been looming upon the edge of my desk, unopened, ever since.

5bZGsHS.jpg?1

I am scared of it. Once I may have attempted to mask this emotion, hide it under a layer of some bravado, but I after the incident with the book, the years that felt like seconds (or was it seconds that felt like years) that I am reliably told were simply the span of a few days that I spent absent from this world, my taste for such shrouds has declined immeasurably. And so it looms, and so I write.

n8o1J00.jpg?1

However, even unopened I think it may be having a deleterious effect upon my immediate surroundings. The winds rage against the walls of my home, turning what had previously been a mild winter into a chill that slips through the cracks, an icy knife that sinks through skin and muscle, drilling into the very bone. Perhaps it is a trick of the mind, a minor psychological oddity which links the package to these events, but still I must pray for some respite, even despite my better judgment.

0yd3Kza.jpg?1

I’m sorry, I’m stalling, I’m avoiding the matter at hand. My goal here was to tell my story, to shed some light on what has happened to me since the events of a few weeks ago. I received a package, a package not entirely unlike the one that sits in front of me, on a night not entirely unlike this night, full of deep looming shadows that no amount of candles can dispel.

cD6uRxL.jpg?1

I opened the package, as you tend to do when a package is addressed to you. I admit I had no idea what the contents of it were going to be, as I was certain that I had not ordered it myself, but I also had no true cause to be suspicious of a package. The book that called that simple parcel home, when freed from its cage, attempted to infect my language, and in a hasty attempt to fix matters, I fled to parts unknown. Parts still unknown, yes, even after the days (years? (seconds?)) that I spent there - it was a story that I will be happy to tell, but the night grows long and I worry that it must be saved for another day.

KWbjWaI.jpg

That is provided, I suppose, that I survive this night. Even as I write, I can feel the world worsening around me, crushing in on all sides. The words I have written, I am worried that they are not my words at all. The hand this letter is written in, it no longer resembles mine, everything must have shifted once again.

VoXfg6M.jpg

If you find this letter, somehow, some way, if the text remains as I have written it, then know that I am (or at least I was) out there somewhere. I am trying to find my way back. I will see you again soon.

Sincer-

bbDcTco.jpg

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    For those of you not interested in zooming in on my smoky parlor, the lovely scarf and RPG books (and pen!) were sent by @ceres

Thank you!

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Am I the only one that at least partly does Satan’s and enjoys it because of the inevitable @Straightzi gift reception, dramatic thriller, movie post?

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    mbt23cwyldte.jpg

Nice

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Am I the only one that at least partly does Satan’s and enjoys it because of the inevitable Straightzi gift reception, dramatic thriller, movie post?

Dude's posts are hands down the second best I see every year in these threads. First goes to when I see my satanee post their gifts (which I imagine is the case for all of us).

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    mbt23cwyldte.jpg

Nice

truly a Christmas miracle

Skeith wrote: »
    Am I the only one that at least partly does Satan’s and enjoys it because of the inevitable Straightzi gift reception, dramatic thriller, movie post?

Dude's posts are hands down the second best I see every year in these threads. First goes to when I see my satanee post their gifts (which I imagine is the case for all of us).

I'm glad y'all enjoy them. They take... probably more effort than strictly necessary, but at this point I feel like I can't switch back to something more mundane.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

I'm glad y'all enjoy them. They take... probably more effort than strictly necessary, but at this point I feel like I can't switch back to something more mundane.

I think it was perfect. <3 It's a bit high-pressure on this end, too. I hope you didn't have Ten Candles yet, I only got to play it once (when I bought it) but it's a really fascinating game.

Avoid happened because a bit into January I was like "holy shit I have kids my hands are only clean enough to work on this scarf for about ten minutes a day what if I don't finish it till March"

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    I knew of Ten Candles, but I'd never gotten a chance to actually play it. It looks really interesting, I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to get it to the table at some point. I'd somehow never heard of A Thousand and One Nights though, and I'm really excited to start leafing through that one.

Also I should mention, it's funny that you got that yarn from a place in Cape May - I'm actually very familiar with Cape May myself, my partner's family is from New Jersey and I have gone on vacation there a couple of times myself.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

But I think everyone got their stuff! That's 100% gifting! Congrats my peeps, y'all are some decent folks!

Thank you for running this again, and thanks lonelyahava for imping! This thread and you guys are the best.

• CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    The real Satan was the friends we made along the way

Thank you for running this again, and thanks lonelyahava for imping! This thread and you guys are the best.

@lonelyahava, @Perrsun and @ceres all did amazing imping duties!

Bonus follow-up: 2 years ago, @Lalabox also had me, and I was sent a Koala-styled Flatout Bear, which my boy approved of very much. Here's a comparison to this year (along with a stuffed bunny that he demanded be in the picture as well).
    C5X5Fvcl.jpg
    WghqKMul.jpg

Bonus Bonus, now kiss!
    1EgfDRol.jpg

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Your small human is very cute, Perrsun. Well done.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I knew of Ten Candles, but I'd never gotten a chance to actually play it. It looks really interesting, I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to get it to the table at some point. I'd somehow never heard of A Thousand and One Nights though, and I'm really excited to start leafing through that one.

Also I should mention, it's funny that you got that yarn from a place in Cape May - I'm actually very familiar with Cape May myself, my partner's family is from New Jersey and I have gone on vacation there a couple of times myself.

That yard was made by the daughter of the one of the women who owns the yarn shop in Cape May where I bought it. It's beautiful stuff. The owners are actually retiring and closing the store forever in a few weeks, they're having massive sales on everything. It'll be sad to go back and not see it there.

Also, I never found out who my satan is, but if they want to remain anonymous that's okay. :) It's also possible that the name was there on the notes somewhere and I missed it, and if that's the case I apologize!

I'm going to unsticky this, feel free to post updates though. :)

See everyone next year!

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Thread necromancy time!
    A mysterious package arrives! The date on the note in my mailbox from the office says 2-24, but that's a fuckin' lie as I've been checking my mail at least every couple of days for the last 3 months. I suspect they found it today on their shelf and put the actual arrival date on the note. That or they socially distanced it for two weeks?
    iam99iyfzim2.jpg

How festive!
    uiiksa2db8m8.jpg

It has a tea towel that's making me hungry for char siu!
    i1uma9o0rcvb.jpg

As well as a mug and keychain!
    pzv3hfah7xq8.jpg

Secret bonus picture of the underside of the mug!
    a8gcaiobxtrj.jpg

Thank you for the local goodies @Lost Salient. No worries about the delay. I know there's been like, stuff going on of some sort.

steam_sig.png
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yaaay! That mug is from a local ceramics shop called Mud Rock, which is a handful of dope ladies and their rad dog Buddy. The name is a pun on 'mat rok', which refers to like a way of dress: "The term Mat Rok is loosely used to refer to young Malay men who sport long hair, leather jackets, torn jeans and love heavy metal."

The little dude on the bottom of the mug is a merlion, Singapore's mascot:
    t6CHh8Il.png

Some other Singlish from your presents:
    makan = eat
    shiok = desirable, appealing

Serangoon is just a northeastern part of town; HDB's are housing development board complexes, which is Singapore's affordable housing solution. They're very unique in appearance:
    6XxuDWol.jpg
    4kkMzDE.png

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    How did you know that a multi lingual pun is the perfect Christmas present for me?

steam_sig.png
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Necro bump to inquire if 2020 is going to consume Secret Satans this year or not.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    something good has to happen this year

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Hey, it's only October. Don't these things (Satans, Saints) start in November?

Children's rights are human rights.
    we are currently having discussions about doing some changes for this year's secret satans

the event will begin somewhere between now and early november, most likely

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    we are currently having discussions about doing some changes for this year's secret satans

Don't tell me you're going to sell-out to Big Santa

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    KetBra wrote: »

Don't tell me you're going to sell-out to Big Santa

U9b2nvq.jpg
    yeah something like that

Elaro wrote: »
    Hey, it's only October. Don't these things (Satans, Saints) start in November?

Yeah, just wanted to bring up the conversation now because I needed something to feel good about for a moment in 2020.