As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I wish my friends had large enough armies to actually play some games. I have no idea what I should build so I never feel like the list is any good.

I have a lot of stuff though so I have no doubt I can make something fun and functional.

I also bought an AdMech sniper rifle and I'm gonna make resin copies of it to turn a box of Stormvermin in Jezzails.
    100 Clanrats
    80 Plague Monks
    3 Verminlord (Corruptor, Deceiver, Warpseer)
    3 Warp Lightning Cannons
    3 Stormfiends
    2 Plague Furnaces
    1 Screaming Bell
    2 Grey Seer
    1 Plague Priest
    1 Doomwheel
    1 Plagueclaw
    1 Clawlord
    1 Deathmaster
    1 Arch Warlock
    1 Warlock Bombardier
    1 Verminus Spiteclaw's Swarm
    1 Endless Spells
    3 Gnawholes

Holy shit. As a skaven player you have like one of everything. Are they all painted?

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I wish my friends had large enough armies to actually play some games. I have no idea what I should build so I never feel like the list is any good.

I have a lot of stuff though so I have no doubt I can make something fun and functional.

I also bought an AdMech sniper rifle and I'm gonna make resin copies of it to turn a box of Stormvermin in Jezzails.
    100 Clanrats
    80 Plague Monks
    3 Verminlord (Corruptor, Deceiver, Warpseer)
    3 Warp Lightning Cannons
    3 Stormfiends
    2 Plague Furnaces
    1 Screaming Bell
    2 Grey Seer
    1 Plague Priest
    1 Doomwheel
    1 Plagueclaw
    1 Clawlord
    1 Deathmaster
    1 Arch Warlock
    1 Warlock Bombardier
    1 Verminus Spiteclaw's Swarm
    1 Endless Spells
    3 Gnawholes

Holy shit. As a skaven player you have like one of everything. Are they all painted?

No paint yet. The plan was to build some stuff and then paint and then build and then paint. The issue is I have 49 plague monks built and then I no longer felt good about my paint scheme to make the robes and armor of all my models fluorescent colors and use colorshift paint for the weapons and metal bits.

So I'm at a dead end build wise.

I did go super overboard with my Skaven though. I got one battleforce for Christmas and I bought two of my own. All 3 were bought at my LGS for 20% off cause they do a stamp card thing.

I managed to get the Skaven half of carrion empire and then the the HQs are from my brother and the extra box of clanrats was from a friend. Gnawholes and endless spells I bought this month.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Well if you're looking to build first do a few things.

What points level you shooting for? This means you'll need at least 40 clan rats for your battle line at 1000 and 60 for 2000 (minimum).

Next to start I'd say focus on one or two skaven clans. You don't have much of moulder but most people don't. Lots of their stuff is very old and finecast these days so it's an easy pass.

You have a lot of pestillens and skryer. You even have a bunch of monks built.

Plague furnace to get with the monks is good. Backing them up with some skryer ranged will go well. Stormfiends are fun, as is the arch warlocks unique spell and warp lightning cannon or two.

• Options
    The list of stuff I put up is how I plan to build everything. I'm definitely focusing Skryre and Pestelins, I like the models both have.

With the larger stuff I definitely want to sub assemble so I can paint them up a bit easier. I just can't figure out what paint scheme to do now so I'm feel pretty stuck.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    One of the complaints I have heard over the years playing 40k and from Warhammer about building armies in that along the era of that set of rules by the time the next one comes out or down the road you army may need to change weapons or overall because of changes {I heard this far more about weapons in the era of true grit and how it was removed a couple of years later}

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    One of the complaints I have heard over the years playing 40k and from Warhammer about building armies in that along the era of that set of rules by the time the next one comes out or down the road you army may need to change weapons or overall because of changes {I heard this far more about weapons in the era of true grit and how it was removed a couple of years later}

Sigmar did change stuff up in 2.0 but generally in the way that only what comes in one kit is legal.

A perfect example is stormfiends. In 1.0 you could triple up on weapons such as rattling guns. In 2.0 for every 3 you take each 1 model has two unique weapon options. Exactly as the kit comes.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    In pestilens, definitely at launch you wanted dual blades, they always eeked out over staves, but right now staves are the hotness(It's really minor difference and blades can be better for certain tasks). Also a bunch of the options available changed instrument wise in a dumb way that kind of messes up my force.

So that stuff happens. reasonable opponents will let you 'count as' if this occurs. But sometimes, major centerpiece models get their multiple configurations changed with the rules and become a lot less usable if you make permanent choices(arachnarok comes to mind, BCR's stonehorn/thundertusk changed by large margins imo)

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    The buddy I'm starting AoS with mentioned a disparity between the point cost in 2019 generals handbook and the AoS army builder. 140pts vs 180pts for his ardboyz.

Which is supposed to be correct?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Orruk Warclans book came out post-ghb19 so the army builder has the right cost

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    To go with that always use the newest source for rules. Again that being the battletome. When GHB 2020 comes out THAT will be the most up to date source

• Options
    Excellent, thanks!

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Damn it, this new book is a half-assed Daemons tome -_-

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Would it be worth buying the poison wind mortar from island if blood for $18 to make copies of the heads and the backpack so I can make some Skaven acolytes out of plague monks?

• Options
    pardzh wrote: »
    Damn it, this new book is a half-assed Daemons tome -_-

Yeah I feel this as a slaves player. One allegiance isn't and it seems varangaurd focused (which I also don't have cause I don't run Archaon).

Might end up being a big ole pass.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Mm, I had heard that the book was going to include battalions for every faction in the game, which I think I might've been more interested in, but I guess that was just rumour. That said some of the Slaanesh (and other god) themed allegiances do look like fun, and I don't think these sorts of campaign books are a bad idea necessarily, good opportunity to do things like add more cities of sigmar from other realms, or some of the other skaven clans, without doing a complete battletome overhaul.

• Options
    Mm, I had heard that the book was going to include battalions for every faction in the game, which I think I might've been more interested in, but I guess that was just rumour. That said some of the Slaanesh (and other god) themed allegiances do look like fun, and I don't think these sorts of campaign books are a bad idea necessarily, good opportunity to do things like add more cities of sigmar from other realms, or some of the other skaven clans, without doing a complete battletome overhaul.

I agree but looking at the similar books in 40k and the mess they caused

• Options
    edited February 2020
    New allegiances is better than the fucking straight up new faction rules like 40k.

If it's like a new subfaction you can take that's okay. That's like an option as opposed to mandatory.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    I had a thought about Shadespire seeing the art for the new warband's cards I am now curious what the DoK warband is since from the art it looks like 2 witch elves 1 sister of slaughter 1 Medusi. I am curious about them as well but that's down the road since it seems they will be one of the last warbands [hopefully I get a job soon}
    But I had a thought in Shadespire it was Magore in nightvault it was the Eyes of Nine in Beastgrave it's The Wurmspat so whatever the next season is will have a Slaanesh warband

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hah, sounds like I've been doing the same card art sleuthing as you, I mostly agree with your assessment, though one of the cards does show one of those 'witch aelves' holding up a goblet of witchbrew, so I think that might be a Hag Queen and the leader of the warband. (So we'd be looking at 1 Hag Queen, 1 Witch Aelf, 1 Sister of Slaughter and 1 Blood Stalker). Though 4 models does seem a little light for what I'm assuming is a low defense, high aggro warband so I suspect there's probably at least one more member.

A Slaaneshi warband would need there to be some Slaanesh mortals, or at least they haven't done any all-daemon warbands as of yet. Though that said a team of 3 Hellstriders with updated sculpts could be fun, or it could be a Kurnothi situation where they're using all new models which don't currently have a proper faction of their own.

• Options
    From the cards you get the names of Kyrssa, Lethyr, Morgwaeth the bloodied so that's three but again I am curious what the warband is

An all demon slaanesh warband would be different

• Options
    Having found that you can only get an Archregent from that carrion empire box, and there being zero available anywhere, I did some kitbashing.

I need to grab some green stuff to smooth out his shoulders where the wings connect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

wug3p33uubp5.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The fact that it’s been what? a year

It still blows me away

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The fact that it’s been what? a year

It still blows me away

One of the rumors is because of the fallout of the china contractor doing poor work or using poor quality plastic Gw ended their contract with them opening up a new plant in the US
    Other than several people talking about it in the trade parts of facebook and the sites I don't like going to I can find nothing else about this
    Because they point to that rumor of why we don't see the reprints or releases of the characters out of the boxed games

• Options
    I don't believe that's the case? To my understanding the only things being produced in China are peripheral stuff like the warscroll cards and dice (which is why we can see them on the various leaked shipping info as recently as last week) as well as the terrain kits and endless spells, the boxed games are all produced in-house in Nottingham as far as I know.
    They were working on getting a second factory operational at HQ, but I don't know if that's up and running yet or not, but that may be the cause of some of the bottleneck in production.

• Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Feast of Bones and Aether War models are confirmed to be coming in blisters.

So there's definitely something... different about Carrion Empire, whatever it is.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    A friend of mine: "So you're starting to play AOS!... Wanna split that soul wars box at Bastion games?"

Me, not wanting to collect too many armies like I have with 40k: "...............yes."

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    pardzh wrote: »
    Feast of Bones and Aether War models are confirmed to be coming in blisters.

So there's definitely something... different about Carrion Empire, whatever it is.

The rumour I heard is that the molds for the new models or carrion empire in general were broken due to some sort of error during production hence the limited run and no archregent or bombardier.

But that is just a rumour.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    That Arch Regent model is going to be available with a subscription to the Mortal Realms weekly magazine so I doubt they can't make any more, maybe it'll go on sale after the magazine comes out

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I don't believe that's the case? To my understanding the only things being produced in China are peripheral stuff like the warscroll cards and dice (which is why we can see them on the various leaked shipping info as recently as last week) as well as the terrain kits and endless spells, the boxed games are all produced in-house in Nottingham as far as I know.
    They were working on getting a second factory operational at HQ, but I don't know if that's up and running yet or not, but that may be the cause of some of the bottleneck in production.

I said it was a rumor. I just don't get why people are spreading it since it doesn't look like it other than the poor plastic pieces {the shadespire terrain}

• Options
    Hermano wrote: »
    That Arch Regent model is going to be available with a subscription to the Mortal Realms weekly magazine so I doubt they can't make any more, maybe it'll go on sale after the magazine comes out

I hadn't heard about that mag, so I took a peek. I would absolutely subscribe to that... if I lived in the UK.

I wish they'd support stuff like that in the US and Canada.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Khraul wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »

I hadn't heard about that mag, so I took a peek. I would absolutely subscribe to that... if I lived in the UK.

I wish they'd support stuff like that in the US and Canada.

For real. Conquest still hasn't hit the US so Mortal Realms feels like a pipe dream.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Got an amazon gift card so decided to figure out the best way to spend it on Warhammer. For my Bonereapers, the 2k point list I am building to includes Arkhan the Black. Didn't realize I could get that model in a start collecting box. I don't play any other death armies, so it looks like I can flip the warriors and black knights/hex wraiths for about $20-$25 each. Basically, after the gift card and what I'll sell those kits for, Arkhan will be somewhere in the $0-15 range, which seems fair for ~25% of my army.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Got an amazon gift card so decided to figure out the best way to spend it on Warhammer. For my Bonereapers, the 2k point list I am building to includes Arkhan the Black. Didn't realize I could get that model in a start collecting box. I don't play any other death armies, so it looks like I can flip the warriors and black knights/hex wraiths for about $20-$25 each. Basically, after the gift card and what I'll sell those kits for, Arkhan will be somewhere in the $0-15 range, which seems fair for ~25% of my army.

Huh, are the infantry skellingtons in that box on 32mm bases?

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »

Huh, are the infantry skellingtons in that box on 32mm bases?

I think they’re in 25mm - that’s what the standalone box comes with according to GWs website

• Options
    So the Skaven warcry cards have an error I think. The leader model for the Clanrats is 45 points instead of 145.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    So the Skaven warcry cards have an error I think. The leader model for the Clanrats is 45 points instead of 145.

Hah, nice. What unit options do skaven have in warcry?

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Hah, nice. What unit options do skaven have in warcry?

All weapon variants for clanrats, plague monks, stormvermin, and stormfeinds. Can also use rat ogres, packmaster, night runner, and the giant rats.

For the plague monks the only special option one it shows is the one with a scroll.

• Options
    So
    2x Clan rat options
    2x Plague monk options
    Clawleader for clan rats?
    Scroll boi for plague monks
    6x stormfiend options
    Clan moulder stuff
    No Clan Eshin though? Man they really seem to be an afterthought.

• Options
    I think all of the warcry options are plastics across the board, so that's probably why.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Yesssssssss
    uc5500y49ddm.png

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
This discussion has been closed.