As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Trailers: A Brief History

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    There was some F9 world premiere something or other on TV tonight with the cast, and after they played the trailer the cast came out on stage and were asked their opinions, and Michelle Rodriguez said something to the effect of "It's so crazy, the only way to go further for the next one would be to go sci-fi."

Do it

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    maybe its not han
    its a clone

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Remember when the movies were about street racing.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Remember when the movies were about street racing.

Just like the Phantom Menace

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I don't care what anyone says about Fast 9.

Yes, it's dumb that John Cena is apparently Dom's brother.

A brother who is not only a master thief, but also an assassin, high performance driver, and works at Nintendo.

And Charlize Theron is cosplaying as Simple Jack.

And Dom is doing a Tazan swing using a car and old bridge rope.

But I am just so damn happy that Han is back!

I hope in Fast 10 the team steals the Back to the Future Delorean for Endgame-esque time travel hijinks

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I still cannot believe that 5,6, and 6 technically take place before 3.
    Also, this is like the third character to come back from the dead.

It just occurred to me we are just openly talking about a massive spoiler.

Fencingsax on
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I still cannot believe that 5,6, and 6 technically take place before 3.
    Also, this is like the third character to come back from the dead.

It just occurred to me we are just openly talking about a massive spoiler.

To be fair , we’re talking about what’s shown in the trailer. In a trailer thread. This isn’t leaked spoilers , it’s something that’s going to be showing in front of a lot of movie sessions

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I wish they'd go back to the basics, have a film that's more about honest-to-god racing, less Fast Five and more Tokyo Drift, which was basically an Initial D film right down to having an Impact Blue cameo.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    That car rope bridge scene... if the ending isn't Dom waking up from a coma I don't know what to think. It looks so dumb it's good though

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm so ready for a "Fast and Furious"/"Chronicle of Riddick" crossover.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Is this how Rock turns into the doom guy

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I guess Karl Urban isn't a car nerd, but now I am realising this is like the one major franchise he hasn't been in in the last 20 years. I'll put money down that hes in the new matrix movies.

steam_sig.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I guess Karl Urban isn't a car nerd, but now I am realising this is like the one major franchise he hasn't been in in the last 20 years. I'll put money down that hes in the new matrix movies.

I just want him in a new Judge Dredd movie

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

I just want him in a new Judge Dredd movie

I at least like that he finally got season 2 of a show with the Boys.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

A brother who is not only a master thief, but also an assassin, high performance driver, and works at Nintendo.

I hope in Fast 10 the team steals the Back to the Future Delorean for Endgame-esque time travel hijinks

"Whatever you do.. don't take it over 88 mph"

Record scratch, entire team double takes

Dom: "I'm sorry... what?!"

wbBv3fj.png
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

This was pitched a few years ago as a joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLazRt8s8Wc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

This was pitched a few years ago as a joke!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLazRt8s8Wc

What makes this video work so well now is the it uses footage from Tokyo drift. The film where Han was killed.

The implication that Dom went back in time to save Han is awesome

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, when they first took the tarp off the Fiero I thought it was the Delorean and they were going BTTF with this movie.

Like, I may have peed a little.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The Plot Against America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Xu6FuP-IM&feature=emb_logo

This looks great, but also makes me super uncomfortable.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Well that's a fuckin' trailer.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well that's a fuckin' trailer.

Inject WandaVision into my veins.

What is Baron Zemo up to?

And Loki! Why are you in what looks like prison garb!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    theyre doing the batshit vision comic which is a good choice i guess

they just need to pitch that streaming service at doing the weird comic shit and it should be ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    And Loki! Why are you in what looks like prison garb!

I dunno, but I'm sure it ends up with a greeeeaaat punchline.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgNlWypWmtw

Again, because it bears repeating, Chris Rock and Samuel L Jackson in the new Saw sequel.

Absalon on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    They're playing up the Saw stuff in that trailer, eh? Up til now, that movie was called The Organ Donor, I was under the impression it was gonna be a clean break with little continuity to the other movies.

Oh brilliant
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Honestly, that's a good way to put butts in seats. I'm more inclined to see this movie than any of the previous SAWs since 3.

I really like how Chris Rock is making that Robin Williams jump to more serious roles between this and fargo season 4.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Seems like they're going with a SE7EN angle which is cool.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Still I won't see it, I don't like the Saw movies, and this will just be more of the same self mutilation and impossibley dumb murder devices.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Still I won't see it, I don't like the Saw movies, and this will just be more of the same self mutilation and impossibley dumb murder devices.

More of the same is exactly what I want. Apart from the very uneven acting skills and characters together with the garbage script, the Saw movies are fantastic cinema fun and have provided me with far more satisfaction, interest and tension than all the horror movies that critics adored. Also, every twist was good which is pretty damn amazing given every movie had to have one.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Spiral's got a cool poster too.
    960x0.jpg?fit=scale

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    "put an APB out for all Naruto fans"

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I'm so ready for a "Fast and Furious"/"Chronicle of Riddick" crossover.

"They say the brain shuts down during nitro boost"

DanHibiki wrote: »
    "put an APB out for all Naruto fans"

When the light turns green then the Gurren Lagann fans rush in

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

More of the same is exactly what I want. Apart from the very uneven acting skills and characters together with the garbage script, the Saw movies are fantastic cinema fun and have provided me with far more satisfaction, interest and tension than all the horror movies that critics adored. Also, every twist was good which is pretty damn amazing given every movie had to have one.

Saw fans looking forward to new Saw movie.
    People who don't care for the Saw franchise are less excited.

Also in the news: Water still wet.

see317 wrote: »

I'm not a Saw fan, but I'm in for "Oh, you want to play a game, motherfucker?!?"

Zavian wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »

I'm not a Saw fan, but I'm in for "Oh, you want to play a game, motherfucker?!?"

The most guaranteed of lines.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Minions 2: The Rise of Gru, with new minion to exploit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54yAKyNkK7w

Used to be driving under rolling semi trucks was cool, now it's just a go to chase thing.

This discussion has been closed.