As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I’ve used Sinnohs on ‘mons i only evolved while i had a lucky egg going and then immediately crushed into candy

Now i have a bajillion unovas and only shitty pansears

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Now i have a bajillion unovas and only shitty pansears

God that's me. I have like 8 unova stones.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    My alt account hatched a gibble, I am incredibly jealous 😝

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I recently hatched a Gible and an Axew, and I'm pretty stoked about it.

I'm walking my gible, supposedly you can find them in the wild but I have never seen one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I'm walking my gible, supposedly you can find them in the wild but I have never seen one.

I managed to catch one on vacation. High IV, too. Never saw another one. I should have bought a lottery ticket.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    I see Deino pop up in the wild tracker thing around my apartment every now and again but have still never actually ran into one.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I managed to hatch a Deino. Will probably walk it after I get this Chandelure evolved.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Yeah...
    I’ve hatched 1 67% Gible
    I have a 70% litwick and just enough to evolve but not power up
    No Gen V dragons

I just haven’t had great 10km luck

Also like 18 Kyogres and not even a Groudon shadow for my dex

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The PvP thing is live. It's implemented v stupidly and has a couple bugs, but it's live.

For anyone who has done PvP before it's basically slaughtering noobs for a while.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Only went 3/5 in my first set. My favorites apparently have no synergy.

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Only went 3/5 in my first set. My favorites apparently have no synergy.

PvPoke is a good resource for ranking/team building.

For me it really depends on who you match up with. For me most opponents just used whatever was closest to 1500 (mostly Tauros and field research legendaries) so those are really easy. And then once in a while you match up against one who has a real PvP team and it's basically a coin toss of who has the better matchups (since you can't cover the whole range with just 3 mon).

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'd even bother. I can barely limp through the rocket admins

steam_sig.png
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I'm just too stubborn in the early matches to stick to my faves, which resulted in two 'mons having a common weakness and no counter coverage. But I have a stable of guys to choose from for Great League:

- Alolan Marowak - my default shieldbreaker
    - Toxicroak - surprise option
    - Blastoise - Water / Ice set up
    - Skarmory
    - Meganium
    - Sableye
    - Lanturne
    - Ludicolo
    - Alolan Muk
    - Azumarill - Cheese option I haven't resorted to yet
    - Medichamp - see Azumarill
    - Altaria - see Azumarill

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Woo! Thanks for the tip on PVPoke

I have managed to go 50% for my first 10 matches now.

Scyther for shield breaking
    Latios for general damage
    Flygon with CD move for surprisingly effective

Tempted to swap Scyther with Throh to keep breaking shields but also an answer to ice mons

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Giovanni is going to have shadow Raikou, nice.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2020
    I am so lucky to not have run into an Azumarill or Altaria yet as I have no counters for them

Open with Defense Deoxys to survive long enough to burn shields
    Registeel with Lock On and Focus Blast sweeps
    Swampert with light-speed-charged Hydro Cannon has only come out once in my first 10 fights

Captain Inertia on
    If you manage to get Registeel a Flash Cannon as a second charged move, he could serve as anti-Fairy/neutral Altaria. But that's 100 Regi-candies.

I'm currently 4/5 with a team of Probopass, Alolan Sandslash, and Gardevoir. Probopass puts in work, he's so bulky and can burn shields while surviving some charged moves.

I have a good IV'd shiny Azumarill, what's the preferred set for him? I'd love to actually get some use out of him.

Bubble for fast move, then Play Rough / Ice Beam for charge moves.

Ice Beam covers Azumarill's Water weakness, as well as being the fastest charge move it has.
    I'd personally pick Play Rough over its other charge move, Hydro Pump, because Pump takes too long, but Azumarill actually has the bulk needed to be able to charge it up, so YMMV.

My Azumarill had Play Rough already and teaching it a second move got Ice Beam immediately. Now I just need to get a Quick TM to grab bubble (currently has Rock Smash).

Oh hell yeah Shiny Magikarp just appeared for me. Now I just need to farm about 200 more Magikarp candies...

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Really?! 1200+ magikarp candy burning a hole in my PKMN box and I’ve never as much as seen a wild shiny karp… I was beginning to think they were a myth…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Yeah, it was a pretty big surprise. I don't get a lot of Magikarp spawns around here either. I guess I can put him as my Buddy to help farm the candies I need.

Cruor wrote: »
    Yeah, it was a pretty big surprise. I don't get a lot of Magikarp spawns around here either. I guess I can put him as my Buddy to help farm the candies I need.

Yeah magikarp is thankfully a 1km for candy walk so while that's still 200km, that's not nearly as bad as it could be.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Plus, every other magikarp you find is four more towards your goal; only 50 to go!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    As excited as I am for my new red Gyarados in the making, I would have much preferred a shiny Swablu. I have about 1k Swablu candies waiting to make a shiny Altaria - and Swablus are actually relatively common around me.

I have 3 shiny swablu/altaria

I powered them all above 1500CP

So goddamn many events for February. I've got to admit, Niantic's doing a great job keeping things interesting.

At Rank 4 I suck

2-3 in my first 5, although in 2 of those losses my opponent got to the finish line just one more charge move ahead of me

My combo of Defense Deoxys, Bastiodon and Azumarill works pretty well -- I'm averaging a win rate of 60 percent or so.

Bastiodon survives really well against all the Altarias out there, though he was damned expensive to power up.

Got myself a shiny min, and my wife two. Not bad for a research only drop.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Shiny rates felt pretty generous for this event, my friend and I only played for maybe half an hour (8-10 researches completed) and we both got 2 shinies

Shiny rates felt pretty generous for this event, my friend and I only played for maybe half an hour (8-10 researches completed) and we both got 2 shinies

I would hope so considering if you're town doesn't have a lot of stops you'd be kind of fucked on getting research.

This event felt a lot better than that voting research thing yesterday.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I missed both events yesterday and today due to flying across the country for a job interview. Ah well, I don't need a shiny fancy rat anyway.

I'm enjoying PVP so far (because I'm winning). There were several losses that one more fast attack could've net me the win, but I'm not sure if it's just that or due to lag. But there were some losses that were definite curbstomps.

Still going with my current team, Bone Thugs n' Skarmory:

- Point: Alolan Marowak. His Bone Club charges super fast and is primarily used as a shield breaker. It's also a good indicator of whether I'll win or not (if they don't block it, I'm in trouble). I can blindside people with a Shadow Ball as a second charge, they never see it coming.
    - Toxicroak. I'm actually using Mud Bomb/Sludge Bombs instead of Dynamic Punch, they blindside people somehow.
    - Anchor: Skarmory. Sky Attack / Flash Cannon. Can hang against Altaria / Medicham.

A Water starting 'mon is usually what gives me a hard time (no solid counter, AMarow is weak), and flying closers usually mean I'm on the losing end if I'm behind, but I'm generally satisfied with the performance of this trio so far.

+3 Rare Candies just for the name

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I went 5/5 in the first round, but round 2 I'm like 1 and 3 or 4.

Started off using a bunch of random Legendaries in the right power range. Once that fell a bit, I checked the thread, went to PvPoke, grabbed some reasonably high'ish IV teammates, used up some fast/charged TM items, buffed them closer to 1,500, and gave it a whirl, and things went even worse for me.

vOv

They're not complete blowouts, and I find it more fun than some of the other pvp they've tried to do, but I can't say I'm super eager to dive into it. Maybe not being on the forefront will make things a bit easier, as the pool gets bigger?

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!