As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South 2020 is over, Can we skip to PAX South 2021?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I would love to come just hang out with a bunch of folks without a convention also going on to split my attention, but I've been having a real hard time this last couple years scraping together the PTO to take vacations, instead of blowing it all on sick days. Hoping for a healthier 2020, but we'll see how it actually goes.

Wait there's a convention at PAX South?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Wait, forget everything I said about convenience and get 16 people to rent this castle with a small observatory and a private lake in the middle of nowhere: https://www.vrbo.com/346556

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    That's a house shaped like a castle.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Okay yes now I'm in
    3XWvOSI.jpg

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Hmm, think someone has turned the Ken & Roberta Williams house into a rental yet?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Okay yes now I'm in
    3XWvOSI.jpg

I was sold at No Frowns Just Clowns.

• Options
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So...what about 16+ folks in an AirBNB in Charleston over Memorial Day weekend?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7420508?adults=8&check_in=2020-05-21&check_out=2020-05-26&source_impression_id=p3_1580055474_DjzZ/AQ6/aJXCZL8

I did Thursday to Tuesday May 21 - 26 and it came back as a sub $2,000 stay with 5 bedrooms

Seems kinda neat

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7420508?adults=8&check_in=2020-05-21&check_out=2020-05-26&source_impression_id=p3_1580055474_DjzZ/AQ6/aJXCZL8

I did Thursday to Tuesday May 21 - 26 and it came back as a sub $2,000 stay with 5 bedrooms

Seems kinda neat

Always look at number of beds, rather than the number of guests listed

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    True, and fair. But there's still 7 beds and at least 2 couches.

EDIT: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/32416069?adults=8&check_in=2020-05-21&check_out=2020-05-26&source_impression_id=p3_1580057616_8GXUISxBsD6NHgJk

This one also has a bunch of beds/couches

Goose! on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Is there like an ex-commune we can rent?

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    You know, just wait until a cult gets SWAT called on them, and then swoop in when the facility is freshly emptied out.

• Options
    Anyway yeah I figure we should probably gauge interest and then we can figure out which is the easiest between one large Airbnb, multiple places, or hell even a big ass campground or something

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Seems kinda neat

I am for sure down

That's my birthday and also I live her
    For reference: that house is like a 6 minute walk from the beach, 15 minute uber downtown

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Anyway yeah I figure we should probably gauge interest and then we can figure out which is the easiest between one large Airbnb, multiple places, or hell even a big ass campground or something

It might be good to start with a doodle poll or similar to get a better idea about dates that would work for the most people, and then do a poll for location. Or vice-versa, but dates seem like more of a sticking point.

Memorial Day is cool for requiring less vacation time for some, but is also potentially bad for people who are in school or taking classes at all, and anybody who teaches. Maybe check on that vs some dates in June vs some dates in July?

• Options
    I was really just looking for something to lift my spirits because this weekend has been a massive come down after how awesome last weekend was and also I am without my antidepressants for over a week and still have to wait till my job sorts out their dumb health insurance shit before I can get back on them.

So I decided to go searching for AirBNB/VRBOs by the beach and Charleston felt like a closer place. Although I hear Virginia Beach is also a good time?

• Options
    I was really just looking for something to lift my spirits because this weekend has been a massive come down after how awesome last weekend was and also I am without my antidepressants for over a week and still have to wait till my job sorts out their dumb health insurance shit before I can get back on them.

So I decided to go searching for AirBNB/VRBOs by the beach and Charleston felt like a closer place. Although I hear Virginia Beach is also a good time?

Virginia beach isnt terrible!

Myrtle sucks

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also I'm sorry Goose. Big hugs

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Virginia Beach Pros:
    - It looks nice, mostly
    - There's pretty good food
    - I grew up there, know everything nearby, can go visit my family and friends and they won't feel neglected like they do when I go to PAX
    - Top Golf
    - Busch Gardens

Virginia Beach Cons:
    - Shitty traffic
    - Not, like, a ton of stuff to do
    - Lots of boomers and tough, gung-ho military boys
    - I grew up there, and I moved away for a reason

godmode on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I was planning to put a rough survey/poll together for locations/dates, guess I should do that soon!

• Options
    I would wager that "what dates can you not do this" is, depending on how many people we get interested, going to be the deciding factor moreso than "when would you like to do this"

• Options
    I would wager that "what dates can you not do this" is, depending on how many people we get interested, going to be the deciding factor moreso than "when would you like to do this"

Yeah, so go with a doodle poll or similar that will let people vote for multiple options and have everyone check off every set of dates they can do, not just their favorites, and go with whatever gets the most votes.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »

Yeah, so go with a doodle poll or similar that will let people vote for multiple options and have everyone check off every set of dates they can do, not just their favorites, and go with whatever gets the most votes.

I think what Maddoc meant was to do a poll like that but only check off dates that are hard "No"s, as there are fewer of those than there are acceptable enough weekends

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Both solutions essentially reach the same conclusion

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah my plan is to do like a 0-2 system - what's impossible, what's possible, and what's preferred - with a few different options

anyway i'm eating an entire bag of chips right now but i'll probably put it together later tonight

• Options
    https://youtu.be/zoZjZNwYojw

The panel is now available for people who wanna watch

• Options
    So you like, ever learn a new word or a new concept and then you just see it more than you feel like it ever came up before? That’s just my roundabout explanation for this coming up in my twitter feed.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    the Algorithm at work

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Watching that after watching the Kid's Version as a child was WILD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Tammy and the T Rex just got added to Shudder, if you're looking to watch it again

• Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Watching that after watching the Kid's Version as a child was WILD

I'm so sad I missed your reaction to this

Imagine if every movie from your childhood had a sleazy horror movie version you just weren't aware of

• Options
    31xw1elefu23.png
    My karaoke aesthetic

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I can hear the Weird Al accordion solo

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    you're all welcome

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    @godmode
    @Kristmas Kthulhu
    @Maddoc
    @Straightzi
    @Cello
    @Rorshach Kringle
    @Tonkka
    @milski
    @Goose!
    @Blameless Cleric
    @Ketar
    @Lasbrook
    @The Hanged Man

okay all you butts! i've been dragging my heels but I finally put together a quick survey to get some hard info for Beach PAX. for dates assume it's your preferred location, and vice versa for location. we can work out the details once i've got an idea of how many people are actually able to commit to something. i'm tagging everyone who expressed interest, along with a few people I know probably can't come but want them to come anyway (looking at you in particular @Mysst and @crwth). if i missed anyone or you know someone else who might wanna join, feel free to link em the survey!

let's go to the beeeaach! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XFF336W

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Filled it out, although I'll admit that my schedule is already looking fairly busy and I know other people have been trying to nail me down for other things as well.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Filled it out, although I'll admit that my schedule is already looking fairly busy and I know other people have been trying to nail me down for other things as well.

:winky:

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I filled it out with the opposite problem of "sure basically whenever"

I ate an engineer
  • Options
  • Options
    Okay I'll finally play Betrayal I guess