As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Fractal Disparity

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Fractal Disparity

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    This makes me wonder if Gabe has played that KFC Dating Sim.

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    SpinelesSSpinelesS Registered User regular
    Had a quick look at the wiki for Kentucky Route Zero, and I'm not sure I would like it either...

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

Gabe: But it's got "KFC" right there in the name!
    Tycho: Yes, but only if when you go to KFC, you think, "The only thing this is missing is if I could nail the Colonel."

• Options
    FriendFiveFriendFive Registered User regular
    I played this game years ago, and I can see that it definitely is not for everyone. It did have a unique tone and atmosphere to it that felt unique, though--a sort of combination of haunting and whimsical.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular

I did not know this was a real thing

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    KRZ is beautiful and magical but it is very much an "interactive story". If you need mechanics and gameplay in your video games, you will probably not enjoy it. Also depends on your tolerance for narrative which is more symbolic, poetic, and vague than straightforward and coherent. It's artsy-fartsy for sure, but well worth your time if that's not a turn-off for you.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    SpinelesS wrote: »
    Had a quick look at the wiki for Kentucky Route Zero, and I'm not sure I would like it either...

You might like it, if it came with biscuits and some gravy.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I'd ever play KRZ but from hearing people talk about it, the people it is for, it is extremely for.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    KR0 is probably the best video game.