As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hamilton] is now on Disney+

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    On loop all morning I love it.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I’m really glad he broke his “no more polka medleys” rule

less a rule and more the fact that getting permission for a bunch of songs by a variety of artists without the aid of a record label would be a nightmare

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Cross post from the Al thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaB4o8xMvg

BLM - ACAB
    I'm really glad I got to actually attend a performance before this dropped.

BLM - ACAB
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Cross post from the Al thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaB4o8xMvg

Watching Lin-Manuel during this, it looks to me like he's basically on the verge of tears the whole time. Which like, I can't even imagine how incredible and emotional something like this must be for him, silly as it might seem on the surface.

And then Jimmy Fallon is there for no reason, but whatevs.

• BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    Won't someone please put Jimmy Fallon out of my misery!

BLM - ACAB
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I just...man.
    Weird Al singing those Daveed bits...
    MAN

Been practicing Washington on your Side in the car lately so I can do it next time I go to karaoke.

BLM - ACAB
  • RobonunRobonun It's all fun and games until someone pisses off China Registered User regular
    What a time to be alive.

• WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Robonun wrote: »
    How lucky we are to be alive right now.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    I just...man.
    MAN

There are reasons the dude is one of those rare legends to have #1s spanning four decades on the music charts.

But the first is that he's amazing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    I just...man.
    MAN

There are reasons the dude is one of those rare legends to have #1s spanning four decades on the music charts.

But the first is that he's amazing.

Yeah, I think a lot of people think of Weird Al as "oh, that guy that does the silly parody bullshit", but that drastically undersells his level of talent. Dude's a beast.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I don't doubt Weird Al's talent. I think his popularity and staying power speaks volumes. And he seems like a super cool guy! I'm just unable to listen to his stuff. I've tried.

Makes me sad, since I've liked all the Hamildrops so far.

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    My son(14 yrs)'s theater group did a cover of Battle of Yorktown on film last fall. They have progressed to covering pretty much all the songs now but I think the video for Yorktown they did is their best work. (He's the dufus waving the flag at 2:17, among other scenes) And good grief, it was 95+ on the days they filmed the battle scene but they still held it together even in full costume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcsexrh8OCU&t=19s

Chiselphane on
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Lin's comittment to doing the Great Job! air honk in every single public appearance he can just...astounds me.

akajaybay on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm sure most folks have heard it this morning, but March's Hamildrop is out:
    https://youtu.be/2aQykuIaJVI

It's on the various music services to purchase as well.

edited March 2018
    It's so fucking good.

edit: I had to bury my inner theatre kid for a long time and this latest song has me just singing this shit everywhere.

Elbasunu on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Given what For Forever did to me I literally haven't been able to listen to the rest of the Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack.

WELP

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    The west coast touring production of Hamilton loaded out of Seattle last night after a full month run. Yours truly got to be on the crew that put it into the theater and took it out. I even got a friendly fist bump from the guy who played Lafayette/Jefferson as he was exiting the theater and I was entering by telling him that he was the bomb in Les Mis (also the dude is like 6'6 oh my gosh he's so tall).

For reference, he sings the part of Enjolras in this past production of Les Mis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42IQ29b8YIU

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Hell yes because the tour is rolling down the road to Portland and I finally get see this on Thursday.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    As expected, that ruled.

Outside of seeing Les Mis for the first time as a kid, never have I ever been more impressed with a show. The production is just staggeringly good.

And I know it's heresy to say it . . . but yeah, I'd trade Odom's version of Burr for Nik Walker's.

3llyhmxcc3o2.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited April 2018
    Great video from the easter bonnet show: Cast of Hamilton and Dear Evan Hanson singing the "Found/Tonight" arrangement.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxvOMJSogMQ

Elbasunu on
    Also the new Burn hamildrop track is up on Spotify and other streaming services (not youtube yet). It features pretty much all the eliza's and is dope as hell.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Saw the Salt Lake City show on Saturday, and it was flawless. Having listened to the original cast recording a couple hundred times, I was worried that the touring cast wouldn't live up to my expectations, but instead they pushed my expectations down a flight of stairs and lay indisputable claim to the play as their own. The visual performance aspects were every bit as amazing as the music, choreography, lighting, all incredible. I especially enjoyed the way the ensemble would dance sets in and out of existence. I thought I had my emotional state under control for all the big danger songs, knew where and when I needed to have some tissues on hand, got through Dear Theodosia OK... and then got ambushed by One Last Time, of all things. Specifically the bit where they quote out of Washington's actual farewell address. I was a mess from that point on, just building in intensity until the end.

After I left I started hunting down all the touring cast members on twitter, and found out that one of them (I think he was our Laurens/Phillip? Don't have the playbook handy, and my seats weren't close enough to be sure if that's the same face) had at some point mentioned that he was seeing a ton of cell phones in the audience and it would sure be great if people would stop that, and then got himself dogpiled by a bunch of local shitheads who claimed that it was a life or death matter that they have live updates on basketball scores at all times. So now I'm going to be ready to brawl with any motherfucker I see wearing Jazz merch for the rest of my life.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ys-AimNbE

Just got around to listening to the new hamildrop and man, this version of Burn is even more savage than the actual one.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The Regrettes version of helpless is really cool and also introduced me to to the band in general and man I am so jelly of these kids massive talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK_9hkWigYs

Posting their song Seashore because if you haven't heard it you should

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iiqf2R462lo

Quire.jpg
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    My wife and I are in the theater for this right now! Pretty excited!

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    We're at the intermission now!

Watching "Dear Theodosia" live is a weaponized attack on my feelings!

edited December 2018
    It's cool just Barack Obama speaking washington's parts NO BIG DEAL.
    https://youtu.be/wFEL_0UFgIs

Elbasunu on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I love Barack

He reads it like such a dork

In a good way

The remix is incredible after his part ends too

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular

Disney to release Hamilton Musical with the Original Broadway Cast.
    Filmed on stage at the Richard Rodgers Theatre.
    In a theater near you.
    October 15, 2021.
    #Hamilfilm

steam_sig.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that's cool but also kind of weird that it's so far off, considering its scope vs a regular movie?

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It might be a rights situation

Usually broadway shows will have a HEY YOU CAN'T FILM THIS SHIT period for several years after they debut

CYpGAPn.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    *squees excitedly in antipodean*

yuussssssssss

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Scheduling a time when the original cast is all available, at their post-Hamilton level of fame and demand, can't be easy either.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i thought this was all footage done while they were still on the show.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I do remember back during the original cast a story going around about them doing a few filmed tapings but not being sure if that would ever be available - at the time I think it was probably meant for a showing on PBS or something and then *gestures vaguely to everything*

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    i thought this was all footage done while they were still on the show.

I’m pretty sure you’re right.
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I do remember back during the original cast a story going around about them doing a few filmed tapings but not being sure if that would ever be available - at the time I think it was probably meant for a showing on PBS or something and then *gestures vaguely to everything*

There was a special on PBS with clips from the show. I think some quotes from LMM gave people the impression the whole thing would go on PBS but it ended up being incorrect. This has to be those recordings. They for sure recorded the whole show and it would be silly to get a bunch of out of practice and much more expensive people together to recreate the thing they already have.

Quire.jpg
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    The show was filmed back in 2016, yeah: