As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Drakengard Series Discussion] Death from above, insanity from below.

1789101113»

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Nier was actually never hard. Obtuse, sure, but not really hard per se. I hope Nier 2 is the same way, annoying battles shouldn't get in the way of the obsessively downbeat storytelling.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Sheesh, I'm tolerant and even expectant of Cavia Jank, but Drakengard 2 is on a whole other level. The story is finally getting interesting thanks to Manah's arrival, but that air/ground level halfway through Verse 2. Not fun trying to take out those ogre things without a lock on and while Nowe and Eris drop like flies.

Also finally updated the OP a bit.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Chapter 4...

So that's where that damn Caim art comes from.

Chilling.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Nowe is such a tool, my god. I want to hurt this guy.

"Why are you doing this?!"
    "I have to leave the Knights forever." Mic drop, gone. Just explain, you moron.

I respect him, but either Manah is playing him, or Eris is going to wind up strangling him. Maybe both.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Are you playing along with dark id's lp?

• Options
    I'm reading it as I complete chapters, more or less. I skip over the weapon stories, though. I like to earn those.

I'm tempted to read his LP of the D3 DLC, because I'm still on the fence about spending that much money on it, but I'd like to experience it properly too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    They really outdid themselves with 2's artwork. (Finally hit Chapter 11, aka things finally went to Taro(esque) land.)

46-9dqge.jpg
    49-xc4RE.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Cavia seriously wants me to replay the whole game for ending B?...

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yoko Taro on Success, Drinking and Death
    We're going to get philosophical here. What do you feel is the meaning of life?

So first of all, I have to check whether this interview is going to be written in Japanese, and it's not, so I can tell you. Basically, when I was young and I was in school, I was really, really unpopular with the ladies and it was very hard to get a girl. So I felt at that time that the purpose of my life was to find a girlfriend, and I struggled really hard with that. And when I reached 21 years old, I finally got a girlfriend for the first time, and I thought, "Wow, this is great, I've achieved my life's goal now", so the rest of my life is really just leftover time. I've told this story once before when my wife was around and she got very angry at me and said, "You never tell that to anyone ever again."

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Cavia seriously wants me to replay the whole game for ending B?...

That's true of every Cavia game out there. Drakengard, Nier, Automata, etc. Usually the replay has a twist or two to keep it interesting though. Nier had you skip the front half of the game and learn new story information from every boss.

• Options
    https://four.platinumgames.com/

Drakengard 4 is trending.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    https://four.platinumgames.com/

Drakengard 4 is trending.

Is 2 Infinite Space 2?

• Options
    Decided to replay D3... only this time, I'm doing something I've been putting off.

EVm2GL6WAAI852V?format=jpg

And while that price has never changed...

EVm2EiYXgAA5hBp?format=jpg

What a bargain!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I'm about half way done, going in order from Five to One, which seems to be the intended order.

Five's is exactly what you'd expect("I want thing!" "Now I want new, shinier thing!"), Four is a terrible human being, and Three is batshit insane.

I'm most looking forward to Two's.

Also, Gabriella is the best.
    9-ohmygawd_(16).jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Finished the Prequel DLC.

There's really nothing there in terms of gameplay, it's all story. So looking it through that lens,

Worth playing: Two's > Zero's > Three's > One's > Four's
    Watch a video: Five's

Two's is grade A Taro despair.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    And beat D route again, as well as all of Accord's requests. (Just two away from a platinum, all weapons at L4 and all chests, but they can wait.)

I think I'll go do something relaxing, like Drakengard 1's final boss.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Drakengard 3 came out a decade ago today.

5o521onwv6rt.png

Happy 10th anniversary, you crazy bitch. :)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    That final battle... That final battle... *twitches in remembrance*

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    10 years later... one last button input...

BahamutZERO.gif