As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

19495969798100»

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I have reached a level of fatigue this morning that a bag of baked lays, hot pickles, hard boiled eggs, a bottle of kefir and some roasted peanuts from the office snack bar will have to do for breakfast. This is either a great plan or my GI tract will recreate the 1812 overture in our office to disastrous results. T-30 minutes and counting.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    After having to dump 4 chicken breasts that had gone bad, I've now ordered Burger King.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Wendy's last sausage sandwhich was very good so Im looking forwars to their new attempt. Wish it was a kasier bun still but oh well

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Get bent, Wendy's. You've got unusually good burger patties, but nothing in your wheelhouse makes me think that you've got the ingredients to make anything better than an okay fast food breakfast.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm looking at that sandwich, and it looks like it would be really messy to eat while driving.
    And that's really important in my consideration when grabbing a quick breakfast on the way to anywhere.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    wendy's is expensive

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    wendy's is expensive

Wendy's still has the 4 for $4! And you can still get the Double Stack, which is a fairly hefty little sandwich, and they've got spicy nuggets which are just the best.

Burger King has a 5 for $4, but it's a bacon cheeseburger which is just OK, and I think Wendy's nuggets and fries are better, and the cookie isn't doing much for me.

McDonald's is hardly trying anymore, on the value end, but they do have the mix/match 2 McDoubles or McChickens for $3.

Also, their combo prices actually line up with other fast food places anymore, everywhere has gotten more expensive. I got a Texas whopper combo from BK the other day and it was over $9 after tax. A quarter pounder meal is $7.89 at my local McDonald's. A 1/4th lb Dave's combo at Wendy's is $7.79.

• Options
    I always forget they have a decent value menu!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    new thread time!

suggestions:
    [bad food] for breakfast
    Even [bad food] is expensive now

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I always forget they have a decent value menu!

I don't as I had to pay a few times for someone I worked with for lunch because they were too poor though various means to get something to eat
    I did say get whatever you feel like {I usually just got a double combo} and I will pay for it
    I know sadly what it's like as a family to live in each other's pockets and still solider on with what little you have I know it prepared me for life in the corps and as an adult

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    new thread time!

suggestions:
    [bad food] for breakfast

It's not [bad food], the butter's just drawn that way.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Dunkaroos are coming back? Apparently they were discontinued on 2012, thought they were gone like 2003.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Just call it KRANCH FOOD

Gotta keep that kranch

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Dunkaroos are coming back? Apparently they were discontinued on 2012, thought they were gone like 2003.

*peers, googles*
    Huh. I guess it really is a "90s kid" thing. I never heard of 'em.

• Options

*peers, googles*
    Huh. I guess it really is a "90s kid" thing. I never heard of 'em.

*Decays into dust, slowly blows away on the bitter winds of time*

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Jedoc wrote: »
    new thread time!

suggestions:
    [bad food] for breakfast

It's not [bad food], the butter's just drawn that way.

Wake Up Honey, It's Time For [Bad Food]

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You misunderstand. I was post-college in the 90s.
    My childhood was furnished in white, brown, avocado and goldenrod.
    We didn't have any fancy frosted cookies. We had Pop Tarts and Kool-Aid.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    At McD's I either get either get two of the cheap hamburgers and a medium fries or one burg and a large fries plus a drink; both are like ~$5.40. I get the nostalgic "meat" taste of my childhood, since all the new fresh meat offerings and the burgs at BK/Wendy's are in a weird sort of uncanny valley I can't stomach, and the best fries which are the most important part of the meal.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Yeah I vaguely remember the kangaroo ads, but graduated HS mid-90s so slightly out of my range too.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Oh weird. I'm after dunkaroos but my childhood was also pop tarts and kool-aid.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    dunkaroos were good

I never noticed that they stopped selling them though

• Options

Some bad food is truly timeless.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

pop tarts and kool aid are eternal

zoomers still have them

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    [Bad Food]: It's not just for breakfast anymore

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    you know I don't think there is a better fast food breakfast sandwich out there than the sausage mcmuffin with egg

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    you know I don't think there is a better fast food breakfast sandwich out there than the sausage mcmuffin with egg

there is, it's the ham mcmuffin with butter and a hash brown in it

• Options

Breakfast burritos

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    The breakfast burrito is king because I can put hot sauce in it and not feel like some manner of psychopath.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    The breakfast burrito is king because I can put hot sauce in it and not feel like some manner of psychopath.

Don't act like you've never considered replacing the milk in your bowl of cereal with hot sauce...

• Options
    Hot sauce is highly acceptable on most preparations of egg.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

Don't act like you've never considered replacing the milk in your bowl of cereal with hot sauce...

Beer or go home
    I have seen many questionable liquids replacing milk in cereal over the years

This discussion has been closed.