As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Lunacy Interesting Times!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Virgil

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Think that just tied it between Virgil and JFP

• Options
    JPants wrote: »
    Think that just tied it between Virgil and JFP

Good, lets see how that shakes out

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Virgil then?

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Virgil

For obvious reasons.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    10 Minutes for orders...

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    10 Minutes for orders...

https://youtu.be/W7R_PLeawqo

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    2 minute warning.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    2 minute warning.

https://youtu.be/LqvFZCXPHrU

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Sorry that I haven't been very active this game, I've got a lot going on (again/as usual).
    I've got a few minutes before my lunch break is over, so I'm going to go over my thoughts.

In no particular order:

J4P still tops my suspicious list due to the vote record and getting a general mafia vibe.
    I could see Bedlam being mafia too.
    Discrider reads very village to me this game.
    Arasaki stating they wish we had a network then immediately casting doubt on obi felt weird.
    ObiFett did indeed switch the vote off of mamawolf. But only after putting her into the lead in the first place. Would be an odd play for mafia ObiFett to make. Today's kill claim is also a bold move, again, which would be an odd move for mafia to make.
    I didn't get much of a read on Virgil, and I don't understand why they were deemed more suspicious than j4p today.
    Everyone else I could go either way on. I probably need to read through the thread again.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    spoilers: i did not push the moon away.

• Options
    Day Five: In time you will learn the tragic extent of my failings

The secret order of Moon Mages gathered for the fifth night in a row to discuss the important issues of the day. There was a lot of discussion on finding the last oathbreaker and precious little time devoted to replacing the moon to its normal orbit. Plenty of time to worry about the moon when the final oathbreaker is captured was the prevailing sentiment. At the end of the night Virgil_Leads_You was thrown up against the wall. He sighed wishing that he had spent more time tutoring his students on critical thinking and less time on teaching them how to use moon magic. Alas.

A lone apprentice stood in the observatory. His hands were stretched out towards the heavens. He was unwashed and exhausted as he had been here for days. His mission was too important to abandon.

Phyphor was nearing collapse from the exertion of trying to push the moon backwards. He called for help but no help came.

Premium wandered the halls in search of Lunar Gate Masters. He finally found two of them deep in conference. He strode in boldly and cleared his throat. ObiFett and JPants turned to look at him.

“I was wondering oh mighty gate masters, how might we best use the Lunar Gate to defeat the Oathbreakers?”

“Using Lunar Gates for murder is against our teachings, and therefore the answer to your question is we cannot use the Lunar Gate to defeat the Oathbreakers..” shouted JPants.

Obifett looked mildly embarrassed. “Well desperate times call for desperate measures I think. There are certainly worse things than breaking your oath to stop oathbreakers.”

“Such as?” asked JPants.

“The moon crashing into the planet to kill us all.”

“Yes that would be bad.”

“I’m glad we agree... Deadly force is authorized.”

Premium quickly said, “So can we make a gate to kill the last oathbreaker? I think I know who they are.”

Jpants frowned and said, “I cannot do such a thing. Too many years of following the Oath I think. Perhaps another?”

Obifett said, “It is not my phase”

“That’s really too bad then. I’ll search for another solution.” said premium as he left.

A gate opened up shortly thereafter and killed the two moonmages.

Premium walked into the observatory with Lucedes. They stretched out their hands towards the moon and after a brief struggle wrested control of it away from Phyphor. The only object that could be seen out the window of the observatory was the moon. There was no sky and then there was nothing at all.

The Dead:
    Yes

Everyone voted today though so moral victory?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Dammit people I asked you to push the moon away

I rate this phalla 5 bedlams

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    Huh.

• Options
    Uhhh... Well, at least the village didn't kill me!

• Options
    I'll get Host Notes out hopefully tonight but perhaps tomorrow. I have just not been able to catch a break from sickness this game. I have had terrible sinus headaches the last three days. Last weekend was the stomach bug, week before was kids having flu and week before I had a sinus infection.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I thought the way the power was distributed around the village was very clever. I'm curious to read all the design stuff of this phalla.

• Options
    Unfortunately I was unable to do much this game as my phase was New Moon, so I could only act day one, and even then it was a voteblock and I overslept...

• Options
    I'll get Host Notes out hopefully tonight but perhaps tomorrow. I have just not been able to catch a break from sickness this game. I have had terrible sinus headaches the last three days. Last weekend was the stomach bug, week before was kids having flu and week before I had a sinus infection.

Take care of yourself 38th, host notes can wait!

• Options
    So premium and Lucedes were more Insane folks or part of the mafia?

• Options
    Super fun game though, not having abilities every night added to it as it made you think more about who was doing what

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I enjoy that my orders for tonight were
    Push the moon away, futilely

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Moon falls, everybody dies

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    So premium and Lucedes were more Insane folks or part of the mafia?

I was mafia, figured the village would push the moon away so I pulled it to keep it close...

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Also turns out the moon could get way closer than I thought

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Fun game!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Fun game indeed! Being a special that never got to use their power was interesting cause i had a bunch of information but nothing I could do with it really. Though it did help sniff out Austin.

For the record I was the 3rd Quarter Vig.

• Options
    Who skipped my phase >:(

Also, I can't find a good clip from Sonic Adventure 2 where you crash the space colony ark into the earth

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Haha! Village didn't win, so I'll take a tie!

Mafia was in a bad state day 1 here. Green and Mama being the leading candidates on Day 1 meant some questionable/visible moves were made (though, not by the other mafia) so I figured both of them were dead Day 2 and 3.

Didn't expect to end up in a Vig crosshairs, to be honest, though I willingly admit I am total shit at being anything other than being a vanillager. I thought I had a shot of helping mafia because I was on Mama's wagon everything other than Day 1, but then it didn't matter and she got shot anyways.

• Options
    Haha! Village didn't win, so I'll take a tie!

Mafia was in a bad state day 1 here. Green and Mama being the leading candidates on Day 1 meant some questionable/visible moves were made (though, not by the other mafia) so I figured both of them were dead Day 2 and 3.

Didn't expect to end up in a Vig crosshairs, to be honest, though I willingly admit I am total shit at being anything other than being a vanillager. I thought I had a shot of helping mafia because I was on Mama's wagon everything other than Day 1, but then it didn't matter and she got shot anyways.

I feel you on being a bad mafia, I always feel like my mafia play is SUPER obvious.

• Options
    Here's the mafia proboard. Was never locked down as far as I know so should be open to everyone.

http://corruptedcore.freeforums.net/

• Options
    This was my first phalla in about 3 years, so I was trying not to be too suspicious to the mafia and was waiting for a new moon so I could use my kill.

• Options
    How much control did the mafia have over the moon? one vote per person each night? I ask cause it seems like there were not very many villagers that could control things. I don't know about the other specials but I could literally do nothing on night where it wasn't the Third Quarter.

I think letting specials have the villager ability on nights they aren't "active" would have been a bit more balanced.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I never touched the moon as trusted no one.

I'll take killing everyone in a tie as a win!

• Options
    How much control did the mafia have over the moon? one vote per person each night? I ask cause it seems like there were not very many villagers that could control things. I don't know about the other specials but I could literally do nothing on night where it wasn't the Third Quarter.

I think letting specials have the villager ability on nights they aren't "active" would have been a bit more balanced.

I like vanillagers having nearly as much (maybe more?) power importance as specials.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I like vanillagers having nearly as much (maybe more?) power importance as specials.

True, but village only had 2 more movers than mafia, wouldn't take much at all for the village to lose control entirely. Especially with even 1 person not using their ability or not being aligned with the rest of the villages actions.

A voting block of 5 vs an unorganized 7 is basically never going to go any way except the way the 5 want. Case in point only one day here didn't move the moon the way the mafia wanted (yes i realize 2 days the village and mafia agreed on movement).

I'm not saying its way out of whack, just slightly. I could also just be reacting to being a special all game and having 0 power all game.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Mafia could each vote on the moon.

That said, we lost Green night two and never had Void the whole game so it was really more 3 of us voting together the whole time.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Honestly, I think the village was underpowered this game.
    With the specials unable to move the moon, and the seers at least not coming fully online until the moon was a bit closer (at which point the Mafia had two kills), as well as not having both a seer and a vig up at once (active alternate nights), it just seemed the mafia could easily overpower the village even if they had to constantly chase a confirmed nethead.

If the mafia had infiltrated more, for instance, they could have figured how vigs and seers were tied to phases, and constantly skip the village powers.

We were just lucky to have good aim, and even then we perhaps had too good of an aim.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Rock falls, everyone dies.