As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can’t Report Posts?

ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster ApocalypseThe Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
We got our regular keto spam this morning but all I can do is open the report window. there is no report button that I can see.

Firefox in iOS
23xvb76ejtdt.png

spoilering for possible huge if this new iOS image resizing thing doesn’t work

Allegedly a voice of reason.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Yep - getting hit by this, too, in Safari on iOS.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I find I can usually drag the page up, and the rest of the report field and submit button show up.

On a related note, should we... not... be reporting spam?

Just saw three in a row, and as I went to report the second, I got this:

eov596s8bg6r.png

While rare (it didn't happen on the third), this isn't the first time it's happened, and I'm a little concerned. I hope my account isn't being marked as some sort of spammer or troublemaker or something. I'm just trying to help out.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    that's the generic "you're posting too fast" message and doesn't mean anything other than you've posted too many times in a given period but it has been buggy before with PMs triggering it much more quickly than intended. i wonder if that's what's going on here or if it's just set higher for reporting to prevent people harassing mods with the report button

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I think spam reporting is a post in the admin forum or something so it triggers that

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    we 100% want you reporting spam. It definitely helps. Many reports in quick succession though does trigger the post timer.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Okay, cool. I just don't usually see it when reporting multiple spam posts except on rare occasion. Kind of ironic, really.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah you can only make 1 report per 60 seconds, roughly, or you get that message

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2020
    it sounds like this is working as expected then? We definitely appreciate the reports, but I can confirm that it's essentially creating a new post and is therefore beholden to the flood timer.

Tube on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Should we report multiples just with a delay in how frequently we do it or just do the one and y'all will take care of the rest?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    For spammers, if it's the same username we'll take out all their spam with one click so no need for multiple reports.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I don't know if this was solved, but it's happening to me now

fully updated Samsung a50 with most recent chrome

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it is working for me in firefox on iphone

i do still sometimes have to scroll the screen to be able to see the buttons like there's an overlapping panel at the bottom of the screen

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    it is working for me in firefox on iphone

i do still sometimes have to scroll the screen to be able to see the buttons like there's an overlapping panel at the bottom of the screen

Yeah, I'm getting that in Chrome on Android too. It works, it just needs scrolling a bit.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Would it perhaps be prudent to auto filter thread titles including http or www.?

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    That isn't a feature that's available to us.