As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

When you have to stay at home, it's time for [BAD FOOD]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Soft serve ice cream is the superior ice cream variety for mix ins and therfore the clearly superior form of iced cream.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Who the fuck gets a cone?

Just get soft serve in a cup like an adult.

Cones are good because wafflecones are delicious. But they should obviously only be had when the temperature is moderate enough that it doesn't get melted through.

For the hot times you get icecream that has bits of waffle broken into it, like Americone Dream.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Veldrin wrote: »

Can you eat the cup

The cup is made of paper and therfore biodegradable so I throw the cup out.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Just a heads up that 1 is the correct answer

Man, I'm with you. When it's really hot and humid, dairy is the last thing I want. Now a snowcone? FUCK yes.

• Options
    Honestly in summer you just want a shake.

Sometimes you want a unwise amount of shake.

There is a soft serve place that sells 32oz shakes nearby.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

Can you eat the cup

Sounds like a lot of work and a lot less tasty

• Options
    I've also never liked the flavor of ice cream cones and tend to just throw most of it away anyway

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hey folks, how do you feel about ice cream in hot weather?
    1. Ice cream is terrible hot weather food! Sticky melty ice cream sucks butt!
    2. Ice cream is great hot weather food! I love to desperately lap milk from a soggy cone like a starved kitten!
    3. I choose to larlar because I’m afraid of commitment!

it's good in the cold too but it's definitely better when it's a little melty, perfect hot weather treat

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    2. Ice cream is great hot weather food! I love to desperately lap milk from a soggy cone like a starved kitten!

okay you win i don't even know where to start with this

ice cream is all-year all-season food

there is never a bad time for ice cream except if you are already wasted on red wine cause then you gonna throw up and it's gonna be ugly

Oh jeez yeah, I made the mistake of having an ice cream sandwich after a bunch of ciders once and I thought I was going to die

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Can you eat the cup

It is so much less work to eat out of a cup with a spoon than to lick it off a cone!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Can you eat the cup

It is so much less work to eat out of a cup with a spoon than to lick it off a cone!

Not really

• Options
    That reminds me of a place I went to in New Zealand that served it in waffle cups with like a firm cookie spoon, it ruled

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Can you eat the cup

You can eat just about anything, you try hard enough.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I will consume so much milkshake, it's actually a problem.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I am not only a fan of soft serve/frozen custard over ice cream, I am a fan of the cake cone over waffle cones

Which is an even wilder take because I make REALLY good homemade ice cream AND really good homemade waffle cones! But I'd rather have a chocolate-dipped swirl in a cone of what can only be described as "surprisingly edible beige styrofoam" any day.

(Sugar cones are just sad.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    I am not only a fan of soft serve/frozen custard over ice cream, I am a fan of the cake cone over waffle cones

Which is an even wilder take because I make REALLY good homemade ice cream AND really good homemade waffle cones! But I'd rather have a chocolate-dipped swirl in a cone of what can only be described as "surprisingly edible beige styrofoam" any day.

Is it more a texture thing or a flavor thing?

I have a huge sentimentality for cake cups, because they remind me of middle school maccas runs, where I’d buy a soft serve cone, stick a hole in the middle of the ice cream and fill it with raw sugar, then cover it back up and stuff the whole thing in my mouth and somehow not get diabetes

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That's the worstbest thing I've ever heard, my god.

It's the texture for sure, something about that borderline-flavorless airy crunch, I dunno

god dammit now I want a soft serve and instead I've got this beet salad

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

If you allow your ice cream to melt you done fucked up

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That's the worstbest thing I've ever heard, my god.

It's the texture for sure, something about that borderline-flavorless airy crunch, I dunno

god dammit now I want a soft serve and instead I've got this beet salad

The flavorless styrocones are weirdly satisfying.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Honestly in summer you just want a shake.

Sometimes you want a unwise amount of shake.

There is a soft serve place that sells 32oz shakes nearby.

I have not had a shake or malt since 2007
    I had one a few days before I was fired and the fun of games of being homeless it was a quick tumble down then as I remember sitting in the parking lot of a Walmart with a strawberry malt as the day slipped into the cool of the night thinking this is nice but I could feel the doom coming on
    The sad thing is sonics are meh and I have a choice of getting a blender and making my own{ we kind of need one for a few things since it would be cheaper than just buying it to make that stuff ]

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I plain old don't like ice cream. Frozen custard is better in every possible way.

They're the same

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

If you allow your ice cream to melt you done fucked up

Yeah, it’s the worst. That’s why a cold environment is best for eating it.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Soft serve ice cream is the superior ice cream variety for mix ins and therfore the clearly superior form of iced cream.

Dole Whip is a superior soft serve. Otherwise I generally find soft serve to be lacking in flavor compared to richer ice creams. And since I'm not that in to mix ins, the consistency is all it has going for it.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Man I miss having a local Coldstone. Those icecream creations were fantastic.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Was browsing beverages at the store the other day for something tasty and saw something called ginger beer, non-alcoholic. Hey, cool, I like ginger ale so this might be pretty close let's give it a shot.

The taste was fine. The way it burned my throat going down definitely wasn't.

Man, I love ginger beer. It is probably my favorite drink. I gotta find a place to get it regularly without paying $3 a bottle

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I don't understand the concept of it being too hot for ice cream.

• Options
    Mainly I just like enjoying my ice cream in the form of ice cream and not a pool of milk, is all

Hot weather makes this difficult

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    You gotta eat that ice cream faster.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Lets get to the bottom of this

Are you buying too much ice cream to finish quickly?

Are you buying it and then just setting it down and walking away?

Do you live on the surface of Mercury?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Look, I'm all for just cramming things wholly into my mouth at once, but having a beard makes that more of a challenge than it's worth sometimes.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    Lets get to the bottom of this

Are you buying too much ice cream to finish quickly?

Are you buying it and then just setting it down and walking away?

Do you live on the surface of Mercury?

nah I live on the equator and don't enjoy melted icecream, that's pretty much all there is to it

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    If you lived on Mercury you could put your ice cream in the shade of a crater and it would stay frozen while you burned in the sunlight.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    If you lived on Mercury you could put your ice cream in the shade of a crater and it would stay frozen while you burned in the sunlight.

I thought Mercury was toxic!

Also, basically every time I have ice cream my reaction is like Diana's in Wonder Woman. We've created the perfect food! Good job, humans! I had some horchata ice cream the other day with little chunks of churros in it that was so good my socks curled off my feet.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

okay you win i don't even know where to start with this

ice cream is all-year all-season food

there is never a bad time for ice cream except if you are already wasted on red wine cause then you gonna throw up and it's gonna be ugly

Oh jeez yeah, I made the mistake of having an ice cream sandwich after a bunch of ciders once and I thought I was going to die

I'm almost certainly wrong, but I believe this is because all the alcohol sloshing around in your stomach makes the cream curdle, which I'm gonna guess is not a pleasant thing.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

aaaaahhhhhh this looks really good I can almost taste it...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

aaaaahhhhhh this looks really good I can almost taste it...

Good stroganoff is life-affirming, like a really nice lasagna or a particularly good slice of chocolate cake.

Just, *chefs kiss*

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

Is it more a texture thing or a flavor thing?

I have a huge sentimentality for cake cups, because they remind me of middle school maccas runs, where I’d buy a soft serve cone, stick a hole in the middle of the ice cream and fill it with raw sugar, then cover it back up and stuff the whole thing in my mouth and somehow not get diabetes
    Ah, were you a sugar sandwich kid?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Hey guess I am going to eat my first ever taco thanks to KFC

51ueqnnpo26q.jpg

First of all how dare you.

This discussion has been closed.