As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Apparently, the nes game called Taboo: The Sixth Sense predicted a child's death.

I ought to get that.

• Options
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    The way the image is revealed by the car's headlights is a very cool effect.

• Options
    I will have to dig around for some ghost vids after work.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/umlMTX4FSbk

New Ghost Hunters.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I will have to dig around for some ghost vids after work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRGkdHyw7TM

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    l6fp7nnd2rku.png

Oh, man. I've been commuting down this street for ages and never noticed that there was a ghost crossing.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    no that's just me running home with my Hot-n-Ready Little Ceasers

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    The way the image is revealed by the car's headlights is a very cool effect.

There is a similar effect at the park I cut though on the way to/from work
    There is a blond girl in a tiger art backed bomber jacket that you can at times see running just in the street light. There is also two men that argue/talk about beer and arcade games at the rec center at the park. It's quite dark not the ominous dark that is down the street
    But that whole 2 blocks is just odd at night from the house security lights blinking rave like to how echoes are odd and other odd things

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/tlwzuZ9kOQU

Well this looks dope as fuck. Gotta love the continuing trend of takin innocuous pop songs and making them spoopy.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    l6fp7nnd2rku.png

Oh, man. I've been commuting down this street for ages and never noticed that there was a ghost crossing.

Ghost bike riders too.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    does that Little Caesars have a drive thru?!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so here's a thing

I have a line of l'il toys above my monitor, and my various movements have ended up knocking them over and I never fix them because they're just gonna fall over again unless I get some like, sticky tack for them

but I came downstairs today and my desk chair was spinning slowly (probably one of the cats) and I just realized that all of the toys are upright and facing me.

so best case I have a mildly helpful ghost or maybe a Toy Story

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    does that Little Caesars have a drive thru?!

Ours down here do!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    so here's a thing

I have a line of l'il toys above my monitor, and my various movements have ended up knocking them over and I never fix them because they're just gonna fall over again unless I get some like, sticky tack for them

but I came downstairs today and my desk chair was spinning slowly (probably one of the cats) and I just realized that all of the toys are upright and facing me.

I'd start playing with those toys before they become bitter and hateful like Stinky Pete the prospector

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    新たな生命体を誕生させラスボスとなった鈴原るる 5:41
    https://youtu.be/ZEMJJYccgFs
    Subs available

Peas on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    so here's a thing

Or your cat has acheived Schrute level organization skills

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Peas wrote: »
    新たな生命体を誕生させラスボスとなった鈴原るる 5:41
    https://youtu.be/ZEMJJYccgFs
    Subs available

That's actually a kind of adorable horror? It reminds me of a fluffy, roly poly hamster.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBj0-dIU8HI

the new lamb of god music video is kinda spooky!

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    In light of the spooky epidemic out there, one of the scientists on my Ghostbusting staff decided to use his networking savvy to source some raw materials and make some hand sanitizer to help out our community.
    LtYmyut.jpg

KXL0C5n.jpg

X5GHhWi.jpg
    It's green slime colored!

I love my friends.

• Options
    When Day Breaks... | SCP-001 (SCP Animation) 10:19
    https://youtu.be/ufFh1PXFxMI

After the 001 event, nowhere seems safe anymore. Outside the sun glows with blistering heat. If you're desperate enough to travel these days, you better do it with as much protection between you and the light as possible. But the anomalies the sun creates are much worse...

Original Author(s):
    ► "S. D. Locke's Proposal" written by: Shaggydredlocks:
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/shaggydre...
    ► "Awaiting De-classification [Blocked]" based upon "SCP-001” written by: Lt Masipag:
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-001

• Options
    That's not SCP-001.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    None of them are!

• Options

I've passed this place for years and now Ive finally gotten a picture of it

• Options
    My husband has never seen the old Friday the 13th movies so we're tackling those. No one is streaming the third one, sadly, so we don't get to see Jason acquire the hockey mask, but the second one is great and the fourth one is too so we're just gonna keep going on these until they start to suck or we run out.

These movies are surprisingly effective still in a lot of ways!

• Options
    Macheteing promiscuous teens is a fashion that never goes out of style.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm... Why are the subtitles in Netflix for Scary Movie 2 censored? Like, they remove the curse words and even change some jokes and shit. This is super weird.

• Options
    This is...quite a thread. Come for the questionable taxidermy, stay for the horrible, horrible dolls.

Warning: contains animals in jars and a pair of skin pants with a dick.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That's a bird's nest.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I rewatched Event Horizon for the first time since the first time and it was really good. Seems like it has a huge homage to Hellraiser and maybe even the first Silent Hill game. Some of it is really campy but I guess because it was rushed in editing, Laurence Fishbourne is really underrated.

Been bopping around on Netflix switching between Horror and comedy. In the Tall Grass had a neat set up but the second act was a let down. Before I wake was better than I thought it would be. Locke & Key as well. Looking forward to a second season of that.

Oh and Ive done my best to watch Black Mirror but most of them seem more sad than scary. The one episode I really did feel dread was White Bear.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I rewatched Event Horizon for the first time since the first time and it was really good. Seems like it has a huge homage to Hellraiser and maybe even the first Silent Hill game. Some of it is really campy but I guess because it was rushed in editing, Laurence Fishbourne is really underrated.

Been bopping around on Netflix switching between Horror and comedy. In the Tall Grass had a neat set up but the second act was a let down. Before I wake was better than I thought it would be. Locke & Key as well. Looking forward to a second season of that.

Oh and Ive done my best to watch Black Mirror but most of them seem more sad than scary. The one episode I really did feel dread was White Bear.

Pretty sure you have the arrow pointing the wrong way on Event Horizon (97) and Silent Hill (99) but agreed generally. A lot of 90s - 00s horror films were pretty plainly edited by people with some really strange ideas about when transitions should happen, and so on.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Less of a dream and more of a short story my brain decided to tell itself while I was awake at 1 AM:

Not so long ago, nobody slept with networked passive speakers next to their bed. So there's no telling how long millions of people have been murmuring "He wakes" once every night while they sleep.

Even now, the only ones who can hear the distributed nocturnal chant rolling around the globe are the AI attached to the speakers. Alexa doesn't know what it means, and ignores it.

Siri knows, but is not programmed to offer information on her own. She waits patiently for someone to ask.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    They worked very hard removing all that

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Headless Chicken Monster - Deepsea Oddities 4:29
    https://youtu.be/Qij_5wDBWW4
    there is an error, it says that it is at 13,000m which is impossible, in the recording it says that it is at 1300m

Peas on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    mj0otobfvl1i.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »

White Bear was the first one that really upset me. It was the first one that felt like it could really happen and people would feel good about it.

The other one that really fucked me up was Shut Up and Dance.