As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    hunter sarisse has a very interesting force strike, but it's just piercing shot for all 4 charge levels.
    the wild thing is moving while charging it. it follows her move direction but will snap to her target pretty reliably.
    i feel like if you were good you could have 101% sarisse damage uptime and that's pretty rad, honestly.

only spent 50 pulls for her! thinking about DK Rath and whether he'd be worth. probably?

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    My 4th Berserker from the freebie today. Wanted DK Rath for him and got Leviathan #8 and Sarisse in 5 10pulls.

Definitely should have kept my other 7 pulls worth of stuff :(:( I'm now broke.

And with my luck there will be a new VDay Mym just to taunt (money out of) me

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I spent all my wyrmite for one 10 fold summon and got Sarisse. I am happy :3 I would like the other stuff but I got the two characters I wanted most so I'm glad.

Also rip no free summons on part 2 banner

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Not my day for gachas man... I got all the way up to 8.5% rainbow rate until I finally got a rainbow. At least it was a Rathalos.
    So now I'm only missing the Hunter Sarisse and Berserker. Are they worth chasing or should I run while I still can?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Numbers aren't in for Sarisse yet but Berserker combined with DK Rathalos and the new prints is basically King of Fire Swords

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah I got Dreading Rathalos

Don't have Berserker though because I keep getting fucking Cupids

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm out of wyrmite now. Sadly, no Sarisse (or Vanessa), only Berzerker and one Dreadking. Speaking honestly, that's just fine--he hits like a truck made out of smaller trucks--but my fire team is so stacked already that it's difficult to figure out where to put him. I was kind of hoping to be able to get a bow user back in the gang.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    He goes wherever your existing Fire Sword person is. They're obsolete now.

• Options
    While I assume the DPS Simulator chart is contingent on everything being in a perfect world, looks like Sarisse settled in as the top Water DPS and third overall DPS. No longer AS sad I got her over DK Rath, but still sad I'm wyrmite broke. :(

Anyone have any idea if Berserker is still the best Fire Sword without DK Rath? Marth was my best for the longest time but I'd rather have my lil angry boy.

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Reigner wrote: »
    While I assume the DPS Simulator chart is contingent on everything being in a perfect world, looks like Sarisse settled in as the top Water DPS and third overall DPS. No longer AS sad I got her over DK Rath, but still sad I'm wyrmite broke. :(

Anyone have any idea if Berserker is still the best Fire Sword without DK Rath? Marth was my best for the longest time but I'd rather have my lil angry boy.

If we're just talking DPS, the top fire sword (with or without DK Rath) is actually Karl, of all people. (Granted, Berserker would deplete the overdrive gauge way faster than Karl, so he might well be better in many situaitons.)

Decided to go all-in on the second MH banner and snagged three DK Rath and a Hunter Sarisse. Happy with that!

Billmaan on
  • Options
    Free pull got two rainbow swords and I was mentally preparing myself for eldwater when the first one turned into MH Berserker, but the second became a Wind Elisanne? So that was a nice surprise.

Decided to spend my resources on Banner 2 after that, because if I have Berserker I need DK Rathalos. What followed next can be summed up as follows

https://youtu.be/1QFux6OdbVE

Six. Six Leviathans. Also mixed in were Student Maribelle, Rena, and various dupes. Finally, in the final multi, the rainbow crystal came down and DK Rathalos dropped from the sky.

I'm gonna be a little annoyed if we get free pulls on second banner but whatever I made my choice. And it's not like Leviathans are bad, especially not when there's a shiny new Water Sarisse ready to wield the power of a MUB.

• Options
    So since Sarisse is good and Berserker is good as always.. the question is does Rathanos only really work with Berserker or is any other Fire sword "good enough"?

• Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    So since Sarisse is good and Berserker is good as always.. the question is does Rathanos only really work with Berserker or is any other Fire sword "good enough"?

It's looking like Rathalos is the optimal dragon for most fire swords, with the exception of Naveed (who wants Sakuya), Euden (who wants Apollo), and Marty (who wants Sakuya, but nobody uses Marty so it's moot). As a rule, swords force strike a lot, so Rathalos is quite good.

• Options
    Thank you Dragalia Devs for the free 10 T4 Dark Orbs, they went to Ieyasu's uncap to Level 90. Can't go any further for the moment though.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The free 10 pull got me a Berserker, so I now have both characters and one Fatalis from that banner, which is good enough. On the downside, now I really want to pull DK Rathalos, but that banner has been very stubborn. I've done a bunch of 10 pulls and have only gotten two Leviathans so far.

• Options
    We might be getting free pulls on Banner 2 in another two days so wait and see.

Still missing Vanessa, but today's pull brought Heinwald instead. The only Shadow Healer I had was story Chloe so I'm very happy with this. Even better, he's an offensive healer.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Still missing Vanessa, but today's pull brought Heinwald instead. The only Shadow Healer I had was story Chloe so I'm very happy with this. Even better, he's an offensive healer.

I want Vanessa because she looks kinda fun, but then I'm reminded of how little I enjoy playing lances so I keep pulling for Sarisse and getting disappointed.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Got Fatalis at least today

Really want Berserker though

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Heinwald gets to be really good when you get him up to level 100. I've been having fun with him for this event. With all of the event bonuses, and the mixed element teams providing an interesting mix of buffs, such as both Gala Cleo and Gala Euden's strength boosts at the same time, I've once done 150k damage with Heinwald's "healing" move.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I got a dupe Heinwald on my free 10 pull T_T Just give me Berserker already game :P *sigh*

Side note, I did expert HMC last night for the first time. Yay! I died and had to be carried by the team (stupid explody bubbles.. grr), but whatever, I did it! Now if only I could get a standard HZD clear :/ (or better yet, an expert HJP so I can finally get some fucking light tails)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I just started the game up, its pretty generous to new players. Don't play a lot of phone games but this one seems pretttttty good.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Used the free ticket today Hoping for DK Rath and got two rainbows. A spear and a sword dropped and I got worried I pulled on the wrong banner.

Lathna (boo) and dupe Naveed

Second Fatalis from the freebie so thats good at least

• Options
    Lathna is real good, tho....

• Options
    Better than my team of Heinwald, Ieyasu, Delphi and GCleo?

If so Ill gladly make a swap :)

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Better than my team of Heinwald, Ieyasu, Delphi and GCleo?

If so Ill gladly make a swap :)

Honestly? If you're using Delphi, Lathna is an ideal partner and I would drop Ieyasu. Delphi drops all sorts of poison which makes Lathna hit like a fucking truck.

• Options
    Ieyasu does way more, and also gets bonuses off Poison

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Hmm interesting, now if only this game would give out more Champ Testaments per month

Reigner on
  • Options
    Hah. Free summon brought Fatalis #4, meaning after this event I can just spend a Sunstone and MUB him if I truly wanted.

Also got my 5* Dragon ticket which brought Zephyr #2, so that's a bit of a bummer.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I had a +4 Cupid at the start of this and I was hoping I'd finally get my first random chance MUB dragon but I haven't gotten a single one yet.

• Options
    My dragon ticket was Cupid. :rotate:

• Options
    Free 10 pull got me another Cupid. I just need two more to MUB him. 5* dragon ticket was light Siren #6 :bigfrown:

• Options
    Today was the last free pull right? That sucks, sitting on a 5.5% rainbow rate on that banner now; out of resources and if I had any I'd go for Sarisse over Berserker anyway.

Free dragon was Konohana Sakuya, so that's nice. Only two more of her to rainbow. Once the event is over I have enough sunstones to fully unlock Rathanos OR Fathalis.. don't have a Delphi, but my Fire team is already super stacked because of those dumb chimeratech weapons. But Shadow I have maxed out Shinobi and Marishiten, whereas Fire I only have maxed out Arctos.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I scraped together every bit of wyrmite I had for a final pull on banner 2, and got 3 rainbows.

2 dreadkings (okay) and a cupid. Sarisse isn't coming home.

• Options
    There might be additional free pulls on Banner 2 but definitely not certain

• Options
    Ticket was Light Siren #3 :/

• Options
    edited February 2020
    My ticket was... god I've already forgotten his name and am too lazy to look up.. one of the shadow dragons (the most "normal" lookin' one :P Not Shinobi or Nyalothpe or whatever). I only had him at 3 UB so I'll take that.

Still having absolutely no luck on the MH banner tho. I keep trying to pull for either Berserker or Fatalis and I keep getting nothin' :( I think I'm screwed to not get them. I did get Vanessa and Sarisse so I mean, those were my top wants anyways, so I'm happy about that. But still :(

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i don't fully understand what i'm doing in this game but it feels way more generous to start than any other gatcha combined with this MH event really letting me easily get some strong weapons and complete what i think is the core loop here of hunt rathalos to pay to hunt fatalis to pay for the ex fatalis hunt. and that's gotten me tons of whatever all those tons of upgrade materials go with.

• Options
    i don't fully understand what i'm doing in this game but it feels way more generous to start than any other gatcha combined with this MH event really letting me easily get some strong weapons and complete what i think is the core loop here of hunt rathalos to pay to hunt fatalis to pay for the ex fatalis hunt. and that's gotten me tons of whatever all those tons of upgrade materials go with.

Those fights also reward you with a bunch of elemental orbs and scales, which you will need for upgrading units so farming the bosses is a great way to build up stock.

• Options
    Did a bit more grinding today, finally got Rathalos Berserker to go with my Dreadking Rathalos

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    one of my favorite changes from the revive system being implemented:
    people farming the high dragon trials are becoming less brittle and more adaptable.

mess up and execute a phase wrong? people used to quit out because it was a clear sign nobody knew the meta way to run it,
    and without the rigid meta way to run it in your muscle memory, the run was basically hopeless.

now we run expert high mercury into the SW corner by accident and we ADAPT. we LEARN how to deal with it!
    we let LOWEN into eHMC and we get a mentor bonus and we take SIX MINUTES to clear and it's FINE!
    never been happier with the game.

This discussion has been closed.