As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Even Sicker Tat, Brah

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    It's been almost a year since my last tattoo.

The urge, it is rising.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just got the first designs in my email and sent in my very, very few notes. I'm hoping to see the final draft this weekend and then my appointment is Monday.

Fun stuff.

• Options
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Holy shit! That's amazing!

• Options
    Thank you I had virtually nothing to do with it!

There is just the slightest shade of pink in the flowers that's kind of hard to see right now because of the redness. Once it heals up I think it's really gonna pop.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    that's amazing looking, jugg!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    That's real good, dang

• Options
    Here is the artist who is phenomenal and you should all follow

https://instagram.com/jenntacotattoos?igshid=zrx7wizz46tl

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I just finished a tiny spooky man on my ankle because I needed a tiny ankle tattoo like a white girl

esp3qdxwatf0.jpeg

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    holy shit that's some incredible detail considering the size

goddamn

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Thanks, it was real fuckin’ hard!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah I mean the michael alone is amazing, but that quarter is unbelievably lifelike

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Thread, arise!
    f93rxzuu9r5n.jpg

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Here is one that I got a few weeks ago. I've had the idea and plan since soon after my son was born, but only just got the money.
    he8a7t5k2170.jpg

There's a photo of him as a little baby sleeping on my tummy like this while I'm also sleeping and it always reminded me of that scene in Totoro, and it's on my left forearm where I carry him. That's his name in the little brass plate at the top of the frame, my wife insisted we pick a name that has good kanji - his means "flowing wind". It's on my forearm so the angle is weird, it's actually a nice oval shape, and the colour looks nicer irl. I love it.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Omg I love that so much.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I've decided to bump this because I got 2 tattoos in the last month and the one from monday is itchy.

7jkeeH5l.jpg

i9YYhr7l.jpg

Also I love how contemplative my trash bear came out. Really pondering it all.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Good timing cause I just set the date for my next appointment for April 23rd and I am excite.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I am getting my first tattoo next friday

it will be a finfan9 moogle in my doggos colors by this lady

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I always get new stuff over Christmas break (or any holiday), but due 'the situation' it's been a no go, and I'm super itching to get something done.

And apropos Pip's post, I've been reading through my 'The Sky' Final Fantasy art books, and I do know a guy who wants an excuse to do a Yoshitaka Amano inspired piece, sooo... I guess all the ink and no beach this summer?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Nah fuck that, get some anime on your arm.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

Nah fuck that, get some anime on your arm.

How fucking dare you

• Options
    Grislo wrote: »
    I always get new stuff over Christmas break (or any holiday), but due 'the situation' it's been a no go, and I'm super itching to get something done.

And apropos Pip's post, I've been reading through my 'The Sky' Final Fantasy art books, and I do know a guy who wants an excuse to do a Yoshitaka Amano inspired piece, sooo... I guess all the ink and no beach this summer?

Amano has a lot of fine line work that does not play well with fading

• Options
    64s88vnmc7am.jpeg
    Hi I did a thing

4 1/2 hours for your first tattoo is rough turns out!

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm never doing a marathon like I did last year again if I can help it.

I missed all these new tattoos (except pipe's which I had seen elsewhere) but they are all so good! I got a new tattoo, too!

9IaXrvSh.jpg

Points if you can guess based on that what it's from/inspired by

And the rest behind spoilers because it's an armband so it took several to capture all the bits
    lWjERkSh.jpg

91bteVmh.jpg

kQOjtKeh.jpg

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Is it
    the very hungry caterpillar
    ?

Edit because I botched the name of the book, ten points from Gryffindor.

Peen on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Indeed!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    that is in fact a very sick tattoo!

i'm hankering for another one myself (especially now that i live ~20 minutes away from my favorite artist, rather than a 20-hour plane ride) but between trying to save money and general pandemic stuff it probably won't happen till spring at the earliest

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Framds,

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Wow those are cool

I still want to get my first tattoo, I guess I should probably get something simple and affordable for the first one.

A coupe years ago, I went to a well regarded shop and asked for an estimate on the idea i had at the time and it was going to be a few hundred, which I guess is reasonable

But my partner has gotten a couple small tattoos which didn't require too much ink for under $200

I'm now leaning towards a simple minimalist arrow idea, but other than "one of my arms" I don't know where or how large

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Yes that's an artist that I wish was closer to me than Brazil.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Those tattoos are fucking amazing, I love em

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

Amano has a lot of fine line work that does not play well with fading

No one involved has any plans to just whack an image on some skin with no care or planning.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021
    What is that style called? It is very much like what id like but it's hard to figure out who does what around here.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    Phasen wrote: »
    What is that style called? It is very much like what id like but it's hard to figure out who does what around here.

I found similar tattoos by googling circuit tattoos

• Options
    PhasenPhasen Hell WorldRegistered User regular
    edited February 2021

The rub for me is figuring out who does that kinda work and how to get an original design.

Original is the wrong word... but not rip off someone elses work.

Phasen on
    psn: PhasenWeeple
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Wow those are cool

I still want to get my first tattoo, I guess I should probably get something simple and affordable for the first one.

A coupe years ago, I went to a well regarded shop and asked for an estimate on the idea i had at the time and it was going to be a few hundred, which I guess is reasonable

But my partner has gotten a couple small tattoos which didn't require too much ink for under $200

I'm now leaning towards a simple minimalist arrow idea, but other than "one of my arms" I don't know where or how large

Buddy of mine who is a serious olympic style archer got himself an olympic target on his shoulder for his first archery tattoo. Its supper cool. Just the colored rings, about 2 inches across.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options

The rub for me is figuring out who does that kinda work and how to get an original design.

Original is the wrong word... but not rip off someone elses work.

you can ask in your regional specific reddit

it's how I found my artist

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    My wife is getting her first tattoo this week for her birthday! It's a simple one - her family name in her (recently passed) grandmother's handwriting. She's very excited.

It's giving me the itch to get my second one; i've been meaning to finalize the design but haven't bothered to put the work in yet.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    You'll get hits with searching cyberpunk, blackwork, geometric, linework, futuristic, but there's not really a defined style name as of yet (that I know of.)

You can check out Stanislaw Wilczynski's concept / alias, "Digimatism (digital suprematism) — is a term to describe pure, non-evocative, abstract shapes created by means of digital technologies.

It's a fusion of suprematism, minimalism and futuristic ambience. A visual language of the future."

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I've been trying to think of a larger scale tattoo using the circuit board style. Have the center be something from star wars, as that starts me being into science fiction, and the rays ending in different book/movie/game I'm a fan of. I don't know how it would look though.