As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's MARVEL, baybee. X-Men on fire! Black Widow in May! Sam and Bucky in August!

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    The Cosmic cube and infinity gauntlet are pretty iconic but you don’t really swing em around at mooks.

I probably should have specified ones associated with heroes.
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Nega Bands aren't probably known well enough to be iconic, right?

As much as Iike Mar-Vell and Phyla-Vell, yeah, barely anyone remembers them. I did like the intepretation of them that Yon-Rogg had in the film though.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    The Nova Bucket is pretty iconic

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I guess the general design of Spider-Man's webshooters is sort of iconic? But there's so many variations that that hardly counts

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    So few heroes are actually iconic. Maybe Strange's Eye of Agamotto because it was in a movie.

Illyana's Soulsword was pretty powerful even if no two artists could agree on what it looks like.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like the constant shifting appearance of the soulsword. It feel correct, in a way.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh that must be the third project Busiek mentioned in that podcast

Its an Avengers Forever style story with heroes being pulled from all different eras to save the universe

CYpGAPn.png
    Anyways that is a real dumb way to hype it but I am super fuckin down for Busiek getting a big Marvel story

CYpGAPn.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Sorry if I'm super-behind, did they already bring back Wolverine from the dead

Platy wrote: »
    Yeah he came back like a couple years ago

Now both he and Laura are Wolverine

CYpGAPn.png

They brought him back so long ago that Laura is now Wolverine AGAIN after going back to X-23 when Logan came back.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Also the current X status quo means pretty much any mutant character ever is back.
    Have they brought up Cassandra Nova at all? Where did she leave off?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Cassandra Nova was last seen I believe in Tom Taylor's X-Men Red a couple of years ago, Jean Grey beat her down.

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Good thing the punisher is there to save the universe with his power to shoot people and inspire others to also shoot people.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Badablack wrote: »
    Good thing the punisher is there to save the universe with his power to shoot people and inspire others to also shoot people.

The Marvel Universe is under attack by a strange new enemy, a mass of dark creatures deemed "Not Economically Viable"! Only the Punisher can set right what once went wrong!

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Have they ever done a "Big picture" Punisher, where instead of murdering assholes on the street, and the occasional mob boss, he tries to set his targets a bit higher and go after, like, the CEO of Roxxon or whatever?

Well Punisher once turned into an Angel that murdered people for God

..so no, I don't think so

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Yeah he came back like a couple years ago

Now both he and Laura are Wolverine

That issue was so good!

...and such a tease. I want more of that story arc right now.
    That whole arc stuff is super cool.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Have they ever done a "Big picture" Punisher, where instead of murdering assholes on the street, and the occasional mob boss, he tries to set his targets a bit higher and go after, like, the CEO of Roxxon or whatever?

one time he blew up a boat full of ceos, yeah

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Folks, I'm watching last year's Eurovision.

Do you think Doom would have Latveria participate in Eurovision?

What do you think that performance would look like?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Folks, I'm watching last year's Eurovision.

Do you think Doom would have Latveria participate in Eurovision?

What do you think that performance would look like?

ggcwfbjkqkwo.png

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Doom would spend months (genetically?) engineering the perfect Eurovision entry. Winning Eurovision would mean that he gets to host Eurovision, which would be both a tremendous honor and the perfect opportunity.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Doom would spend months (genetically?) engineering the perfect Eurovision entry. Winning Eurovision would mean that he gets to host Eurovision, which would be both a tremendous honor and the perfect opportunity.

He would have the perfect entry but would still come second to some Scandinavian country due to a combination of block voting and that song being all over the radio about 6 months before.

He would of course blame RICHARDS

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The Corridor Crew run a production VFX studio, and have recently started a series on Youtube called "VFX artists react..." where they mostly show, react to, and discuss, various CG/VFX shots from movies and TV shows, as well as techniques.

They just did an episode on Avengers: Endgame

SPOILERS ABOUND (obviously)
    Also there was a cameo during the final fight / portal shot that I'd not even heard anybody talk about (skip to 8:00 in the video)
    gkr2gaefd9ku.jpg
    It's Howard the Duck!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac

The Busiek/Cinar/Ross book is The Marvels, which is AN ONGOING

It also appears different than early descriptions. Instead of a central story bringing heroes together it is just

Stories

In the Marvel Universe. No set time period, no set cast. No set genre.

Which

are they letting Busiek just do fucking Astro City in the Marvel Universe????

CYpGAPn.png
    it definitely kind of sounds that way!
    This is a huge series with seemingly endless possibilities. What was your pitch for this book?

I think I started with “Anyone. Anywhere. Any time.”

The whole idea of THE MARVELS is to be able to use the whole Marvel Universe—not just all the characters in it, but all the history of it. The sweeping scope of the whole thing. I think I described it to Tom Brevoort as something like a Tom Clancy thriller, in that there would be multiple threads of story going on, and those threads could come together and split apart again, or maybe never even meet—there could be characters involved in a story that do something important but never meet the other characters in the story, which will very much be the case in the opening storyline, at least.

Big stuff can happen in the Marvel Universe, but we usually see it confined largely to the Avengers in AVENGERS, to the FF in FANTASTIC FOUR, and so on. THE MARVELS is intended as a freewheeling book that can go anywhere, do anything, use anyone. It’s a smorgasbord of Marvel heroes and history.

Being most of the way through an Astro City read and just straight up openly crying because of an issue yesterday

oh my god, it's perfect

CYpGAPn.png
    9elzMw4h.jpg

This page is very good stuff. I will read all of this.

2 2-issue Empyre tie in minis got announced:

Thor by Ram V and Pasqual Ferry and Squadron Supreme by Mark Waid and Dio Neves

The Squadron is currently the clone/cyborg version being unwittingly controlled by Mephisto so that one sounds fun

CYpGAPn.png
    Read that as Mysterio for a second and made me think
    He was in the ulitimate universe when everything exploded; did he ever manage to find his way back to 616?

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    9elzMw4h.jpg

I assume this takes place before they were both fascists? :P

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Read that as Mysterio for a second and made me think
    He was in the ulitimate universe when everything exploded; did he ever manage to find his way back to 616?

Well at least one of them is appearing in the Mary Jane series but I can never keep track of which.
    Also he's pretending to be a movie director making a movie about his own life and MJ is helping him

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    9elzMw4h.jpg

New Yorkers would be angrier about the Red Sox hat than the fascism.

9elzMw4h.jpg

We were having a good time here.

I mean you put the two blonde, flag waving super soldiers in a park what else are ya gonna think they have in common? Cap doesn't watch NASCAR

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    9elzMw4h.jpg

New Yorkers would be angrier about the Red Sox hat than the fascism.

IME New Yorkers generally wouldn’t care; they’re barely bat an eyelash and keep on walking. If it were the other way around, though, Bostonians would go *berserk*.

I walked by Fenway Park on a cold February night about 20 years ago, and there was a guy outside the Cask & Flagon selling ‘Yankees Suck’ t-shirts, and at least two people bought one in the time it took me to walk past.

...so of course I moved here a year or so later.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    I mean you put the two blonde, flag waving super soldiers in a park what else are ya gonna think they have in common? Cap doesn't watch NASCAR

Are you sure about that?

92bYGN1.jpg

fLSx0Qvl.png

dun dun dunnnn

It is absolutely a fake out and Kate and Emma are up to shit and messing with Shaw

CYpGAPn.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It is absolutely a fake out and Kate and Emma are up to shit and messing with Shaw

Or they are finally on the "Kate literally gets to the bottom of what's actually going on on Krakoa" plot.

Fencingsax on
This discussion has been closed.