As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    I have complaints .

Walker sections in the kotfe expansions killed any fucking fun I had in that expansion , that was miserable.
    Story kinda dragged on forever ,was I really supposed to feel bad for any of the emperor family tree? Or Scorpio for that matter. No everyone is getting murdered.
    Everything sees through stealth now it seems .
    No seriously the vehicle sections was bad .

Also did some research and I guess I’m not crazy , dual wield companions do more dps . Which makes sense I just thought it was supposed to be the same.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, the walker sections could have been done better (I thought they were fine but on repeat playthroughs they drag on), and whoever designed the non-boss fights seems to believe that if a player chooses a stealth class it's because they want to be ambushed by enemies they didn't see who shouldn't have been able to see them every ten feet or so. They got better on the stealth front after...I want to say chapter 13 of Fallen Empire.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Walker sections are the worsssssssst. At the very least if you're in a walker you should feel invincible, not like you're made of paper. They could have be fun godzilla sections if you were nigh-invincible. But as they are they suck.

As far as class balance, they damage is *supposed* to be the same but the balance has never been perfect. At least a Guardian knight can make up for it in durability. For a short period guardian knights were doing killer damage with the end game tactical plus armor set, but they pretty much immediately nerfed that, unfortunately.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I've been doing a bunch of side-quests and bonus series before starting SoR since I kinda want to clear this stuff up and I'm also pugging various ops for the dread masters story. (Just found out what the op GF rotation is so I should have them plus oricon hopefully done in a week or two).

Some of these quests are pretty cool. HK-51 was a little tedious, but not near as bad as I had been reading online. I was really enjoying the macrobinocular and seed quests, some real cool puzzle areas there, but it looks like I 100% need 4 people for the final macrobinocular quest. I was able to solo the final seed quest after a few attempts, but having a solo quest line end in one that requires me to find people to finish is kinda annoying. I figure I'll do other stuff and eventually I'll wind up finding a group for it.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel was also neat, if a lot shorter than I thought it would be for an "expansion".

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Hi quest is just little rng heavy . Also when I was on the ship and entered the trap room my quest light didn’t work so I had to mouse around in the pitch black darkness , not fun. So I’m starting Jedi under siege which I think is one of the “big” expansions after having played through what feels like a bunch of little interlude type stuff. Also just one more room and I have an entire stronghold to try to decorate.

• Options
    That's a shame. The abandoned ship in the HK-51 quest was one of the coolest things I've done in this game. Sucks that it bugged for you.

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    That's a shame. The abandoned ship in the HK-51 quest was one of the coolest things I've done in this game. Sucks that it bugged for you.

Oh it was my second time doing it , the first time everything worked and I had a blast. But that reminds me fighting hk in the foundry empire side was infuriating . Once he hit low hp he would just destroy the tank bot immediately and it was a dps race before he could kill me . Took me a bunch of try’s. When I did it republic side it was much easier lol.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    I have now unlocked all of the MK-1 Industrial Prefab decorations. That's 10 decorations, 999 is the max. 9,999 MK-1 industrial prefabs crafted, traded for a deco, and those decos unlocked.

Now to work on the MK-1 Synthetic prefabs. There are only 9 of those to unlock, and I've already fully unlocked one of them.

Doing the universal prefabs is really going to hurt. Assuming I ever get to them.

Oh, and in the process of doing all that crafting, two of my companions that were in the 40s approval got up to level 50. This was in sending them on missions for materials, of course, crafting by itself doesn't add approval.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Ok, relatively new player here with a question. How do I get the schematics for the Mercenary Elite Armor art? I just recently got the gloves from sending Mako on a mission, but is that the only way to get them? Any help would be welcome.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Those drops are (very, very) random. Your best bet is to check the market, for schematics and/or pieces that others have crafted.

If you happen to be on Darth Malgus, one of my characters has some, and can make them for you.

• Options
    I’m on Star Forge, thanks though. What about deconstructing? That helps you learn new schematics, doesn’t it?

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Matthew wrote: »
    I’m on Star Forge, thanks though. What about deconstructing? That helps you learn new schematics, doesn’t it?

Deconstructing only gets you schematics for improved versions of crafted items - a purple version of a blue armor piece, implant, medpac, blaster pistol or barrel, etc etc. Deconstructing, say, a Mercenary Elite item you buy from someone else will not give you its schematic. The only way to acquire those is by having them drop, or buying them off someone else.

EDIT: I also have characters on Star Forge, but not one with those particular items in their crafting list.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Matthew wrote: »

Deconstructing only gets you schematics for improved versions of crafted items - a purple version of a blue armor piece, implant, medpac, blaster pistol or barrel, etc etc. Deconstructing, say, a Mercenary Elite item you buy from someone else will not give you its schematic. The only way to acquire those is by having them drop, or buying them off someone else.

EDIT: I also have characters on Star Forge, but not one with those particular items in their crafting list.

Thanks very much for the info, I'll start farming GTN and hope for the best from my missions. I believe I got the glove schematic from Underworld Trading, so I'll check that. Thanks again.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Finished onslaught and bought the first piece of my endgame set . I guess I’m just spamming dungeons for money and tech fragments till I have all the set piece “shell” gear and then battlegrounds . This was also my endgame when I played wow so I’m pretty happy with it. Unfortunately this means I need to stop spending credits on collecting dualsabers and I won’t be able to get the last room of my stronghold anytime soon. That said even now as poorly geared as I am my maul is sometimes hitting for above 20k 26k being my record .

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Thinking again, tonight, about so-called "purebloods" (not even close), and how, even allowing for Sith alchemy and other "unnatural" experiments, at some point a human looked at a Massassi (or something similar) and thought, "yeah, I wanna fuck that."
    :eek:

• Options
    Which part of the term monsterfucker didn't you get?

• Options
    So reflecting further on the imperial ending of the story (this far) , Malgus is free and obviously super fucking mad , Acina is as trustworthy as a used car salesman aspiring to be a politician but I took her offer to rejoin the empire ( wasn’t a fan of the alliance storyline) . Didn’t get my council seat back but now I’m chief of empire secret police and got my title of Darth imperious back. Honestly hope I can support Malgus , I would have supported him back in Ilum if that had been a choice.

• Options
    Do you (or anyone) still have the email you got from Vowrawn after Mek-Sha? It was bugged for me before, and reported failure despite complete success; I recently re-ran the Imp arc on an alt, but forgot to check if it was fixed before deleting the email. :(

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Is there a good site to catch up on the different character story arcs? I have a few classes I haven't finished that are in their 30s/40s, and I have no recollection of wtf is going on. I've also completed some of the other ones long enough ago I've forgotten them altogether and would love to remember them without another playthrough.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Unless I'm blind I think it's kinda crazy how there isn't any upgrade I can purchase to keep from getting stunned off my mount considering all the other upgrades you can buy. Real tired of random dudes knocking me off my mount when I'm just trying to run though real quick.

• Options
    Got a free mount as a sub gift. How often are those given out? Also getting close to max gear level and . Have a few pieces of my endgame set just grinding out the 1 mil /3k tech fragments price tags in flash points.

• Options
    Got a free mount as a sub gift. How often are those given out? Also getting close to max gear level and . Have a few pieces of my endgame set just grinding out the 1 mil /3k tech fragments price tags in flash points.

Maybe once per quarter? That might be stretching it... at least 2 times per year, sometimes more if they are ramping up for something big.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Current main project: leveling a Nautolan to 75. He's an Imperial Agent named Posh Kraken. This is a very clever Star Wars Legends reference.

I'm taking advantage of every possible XP boost, while doing all quests intended for 1-player (including flashpoints with solo mode), and never doing heroics more than once. This includes the following:

Dark vs. Light set bonus (+50%)
    Guild bonus (+15%)
    Guild flagship bonus (+15%)*
    Major XP boost (+15%)

Plus these from the legacy tab:
    Legacy exploration XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy flashpoint combat XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy space mission XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy class mission XP bonus (+30%)

I also make sure to log out in rest areas, but if I run out of rest XP (+100% XP for defeating enemies) I don't log out to recharge it.

*The guild flagship bonus is a boost that lasts for an hour but has a six-hour cooldown. This means I can only play for about an hour at a time (though conversations of course freeze the buff timer while allowing the cooldown timer to advance). This helps me avoid being bored from doing the same content I've done over a dozen times again.

Once I hit Dromund Kaas, at level 22, I started gaining levels fairly steadily at about 4 per hour, and now I'm at level 58 on Nar Shaddaa.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Current main project: leveling a Nautolan to 75. He's an Imperial Agent named Posh Kraken. This is a very clever Star Wars Legends reference.

I'm taking advantage of every possible XP boost, while doing all quests intended for 1-player (including flashpoints with solo mode), and never doing heroics more than once. This includes the following:

Dark vs. Light set bonus (+50%)
    Guild bonus (+15%)
    Guild flagship bonus (+15%)*
    Major XP boost (+15%)

Plus these from the legacy tab:
    Legacy exploration XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy flashpoint combat XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy space mission XP bonus (+30%)
    Legacy class mission XP bonus (+30%)

I also make sure to log out in rest areas, but if I run out of rest XP (+100% XP for defeating enemies) I don't log out to recharge it.

*The guild flagship bonus is a boost that lasts for an hour but has a six-hour cooldown. This means I can only play for about an hour at a time (though conversations of course freeze the buff timer while allowing the cooldown timer to advance). This helps me avoid being bored from doing the same content I've done over a dozen times again.

Once I hit Dromund Kaas, at level 22, I started gaining levels fairly steadily at about 4 per hour, and now I'm at level 58 on Nar Shaddaa.

I actually tried to level an operative today , fell asleep. So I went back to my juggernaught who was about to finish kotfe. He finished it and I’m glad I skipped techno planet and went to Jedi under siege . Kinda happy I did too I hated that planet .

Also I saw there is a Rakghoul event this month can someone explain to me how I can use it to recruit that one dude ? I want to start recruiting the alert people that need leveling up and I figure I would start with him as he seems the hardest.

• Options
    He's not the hardest, he's just time-sensitive. Once you give him enough bioanalysis materials to get him up to a high enough level, he'll give you a mission that will can only be done in the rakghoul event zone. It's not that hard to do. (Note that the rakghoul event also includes special materials that can be used to boost his influence level before he even gives you this mission, such as Barnacle of the Eyeless, from The Eyeless operation boss. I think you even get an achievement for using that one.)

• Options
    Just started the Shadow of Revan prelude stuff.
    It's kinda neat doing the Korriban FP and recognizing all these guys I'm killing as people I did quests for on my Sith character.

Guess it really doesn't matter if I tampered with your animal brain or not cause you dead now.

• Options
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Just started the Shadow of Revan prelude stuff.
    It's kinda neat doing the Korriban FP and recognizing all these guys I'm killing as people I did quests for on my Sith character.

Guess it really doesn't matter if I tampered with your animal brain or not cause you dead now.

It goes the other way, too.
    There's a lot of characters who are questgivers for Jedi that are enemies in the Imperial version of the Tython flashpoint.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Made level 75 with Posh Kraken, very early on Alderaan. Spent about 1.5m on perk upgrades when I started playing him, ended with about 2 million credits.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Lest you think I didn't notice: I still hate you a little for that name.
    Then again, see my assassin on the previous page. :)

• Options
    Having not discovered how to make money that works for me I am always perplexed at how prices in the auction house is in the double digit millions. Pyrotech is coming along nicely, kinda fun . When I originally played bounty hunter I went merc but found it to be real dull.

• Options
    Double-digit millions really aren't that hard. Heck I could be in the triple-digit millions if I saved my credits instead of spending them on decos.

The slow way is: Do the planetary heroics every day

A faster way is: Do a lot of high-level crafting and sell it on the GTN. You could even do this with just high level crafting mats, and bypass the crafting portion altogether.

Selling decos you get can also be pretty lucrative, but it's kind of spotty.

Of course the fastest way is buy stuff from the Cartel Market with real money and then sell those on the GTN for millions. But you can't always expect stuff to sell out immediately and sometimes you have to just hold to your price for weeks until either the other sellers get tired of waiting or the market itself has reached your price. (Experiencing this one right now where I'm trying to sell Arctic Trooper gear and everyone is underselling ridiculously. But I know that the price will go up eventually).

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I didn’t know they were that profitable , once I finally stop making new characters and settle down and choose one for the long run I will definitely do that.

Edit - loving this character but man fuck Belsavis and Voss.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Just finished up SoR and did a bit on Ziost before finishing up for the night.
    Lana seems way too calm and level headed for a Sith. Though part of that might be that when I play my Sith characters I have them acting as mustache twirling villians.

I do like how her line of "May the force serve you well" demonstrates the big difference between Jedi and Sith in one line. The Jedi's whole "May the force be with you" is because they view the force as an ally and something to be in harmony with where the Sith view it as a tool to be subjugated into doing your will.

Also I guess I'm on first name basis with the Emperor now? Not sure when we learned his name, but I had to check the conversation log cause my character was talking to the possessed Imperials and used a name I didn't recognize at all.

• Options
    I think most Sith knew his name, they just didn't use it, because all you need was the title. But now that he's no longer Emperor, well...

• Options
    I now know why people hate skadge. I would take the obnoxious sith lady in Taris that I kill every run over him.

• Options
    Oh so kotfe is just kotor 3. Not what I expected from a mmo, but it seems cool so far.

Only in the 3rd or so chapter, but it looks like their cutscene budget got a lot more money.

• Options
    Really wish I could use this level boost to level previously made characters , just finished bounty hunter story and don’t want to play through Zakuul arc. That just leaves agent as the one imperial class I’m missing . Pyro is fun ! Feels kinda clunky at times but I’m enjoying it.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Really wish I could use this level boost to level previously made characters , just finished bounty hunter story and don’t want to play through Zakuul arc. That just leaves agent as the one imperial class I’m missing . Pyro is fun ! Feels kinda clunky at times but I’m enjoying it.

You can skip the whole Zakuul arc, if you're sufficient level (EDIT: 70), by getting "Inflection Point" from your ship's mission terminal - that'll move you straight to Ossus, which comes before Onslaught.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Guess I’m just grinding veteran flash points with this guy then . Kind of wish he had a few less spells though , kinda feeling overwhelmed atm.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    For level grinding, I prefer heroics. Though if you wanna grind grind, you could go to Balmorra to see if there's a bug hunt on.

Shadowen on