As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Actual dive!

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    And it flipping stomped

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Now to see if Fissure retires mid-match

If LA can last until map 4 they might have a chance to pick up Fissure to finish the match out with!

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm not as much a fan of the new schedule format where for some reason the matches on each day are broken up.
    And the fact that for some reason the stream ends after the match so I have to dig up the channel and start a new one?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    viewership dropped by almost half bc of the separate streams lmao

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    That was great play from glads on those rounds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    viewership dropped by almost half bc of the separate streams lmao

I went to OWL's game page to see what's on and didn't even see the second set of games at first cause of its terrible layout. Then I clicked watch and couldn't figure out how to get that working.

Excellent execution.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Oh my God the mind crunch in the middle of the clip

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    genji's back, baby

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Glads look like they've never played together.

So business as usual.

• Options
    lol Fissure noooo

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    LHCloudy sure loves charging.

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Sadiators ♪

Also, Bren/Sideshow did a great job at casting.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    As expected, Cloudy looking like the weak link. I expected the Glads to lose today so I'm just glad they kept it close, but I sure hope they can get Cloudy to rein (heh) that shit in.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Good day of OWL today. Remember to buy your Cheese Its Grooves (TM) before tomorrow's matches!

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    They'll keep hiding entire team fights until we all buy Cheez-It Grooves.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I must say, Reinforce and Custa are fantastic together on the desk.

Edit: And the end of Watchpoint was absolutely wonderful.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    I'm not as much a fan of the new schedule format where for some reason the matches on each day are broken up.
    And the fact that for some reason the stream ends after the match so I have to dig up the channel and start a new one?

The stream I was watching didn't stop.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »

Were you watching on Gigabrain or the OWL website? I was watching it directly on YouTube and it definitely stopped.

• Options

Were you watching on Gigabrain or the OWL website? I was watching it directly on YouTube and it definitely stopped.

YouTube. What channel? Overwatch League or Play Overwatch? Pretty sure I was on Overwatch League and it was just one continues stream for the whole day.

• Options
    This is how you know I am the best Tracer.

https://youtu.be/7o8NyywuKp8

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    YOU HAD PULSE BOMB!!

• Options
    Don't need it when you're going to one clip the Ana.

Just need more than two bullets to do that.

• Options

YouTube. What channel? Overwatch League or Play Overwatch? Pretty sure I was on Overwatch League and it was just one continues stream for the whole day.

I was watching on the Overwatch League channel, and it definitely stopped for me. I went to the bathroom during the swap over to the Dallas Homestand and when I got back I was like "Oh neat, they're playing part of a KarQ tip video during the break" and then after it was on for suspiciously long I realized I was on KarQ's actual channel because I had forgotten to turn off autoplay.

• Options
    More games today. I'm picking...

London Spitfire vs Paris Eternal - I may regret this, but Paris
    Boston Uprising vs NYXL - NY, easy
    Los Angeles Valiant vs Vancouver Titans - I'm not convinced by the Titans, but... Still Titans
    San Francisco Shock vs Dallas Fuel - easiest pick of the day, SF by a million.

• Options
    Poor Dallas. Two losses in their hometown.

• Options

I was watching on the Overwatch League channel, and it definitely stopped for me. I went to the bathroom during the swap over to the Dallas Homestand and when I got back I was like "Oh neat, they're playing part of a KarQ tip video during the break" and then after it was on for suspiciously long I realized I was on KarQ's actual channel because I had forgotten to turn off autoplay.

I may have had to leave before the swap to the other homestand. I was thinking you meant it was stopping between matches.

• Options
    I like the way Paris uses Sym. It's basically the old double barrier / reaper / mei comp, except D.Va's back in the meta now, and she shuts down reaper pretty hard. So just run Sym instead, she can't escape like Reaper can, but she chews up D.Va, and since the other team only has 1600 barriers they can't last long in a shield war. The Mei means Rein must keep his shield up, which means Sym is more free to push directly into the frontline.

• Options
    The Toes have arrived! First Sigma sighting!

• Options
    FDGod just refuses to die.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So uh I guess fdgod is pretty good at this boop stuff

• Options
    FDGod is an assassin. Bloodthirsty supports live on.

• Options
    So have they decided that the insider role is extraneous? Looks they just have the currently idle caster doing interviews now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "He's like a reddit lucio but good"

That's very hurtful! All reddit lucios are beautiful in their own way.

• Options
    Oooh we got some double dive in Oasis City Center. Boston running Super Monkey Ball with Sombra/Tracer.

• Options
    I don't actually know if this is a thing or not but in a tracer mirror it always looks like there's some mindgames going on as they try and outblink each other

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't actually know if this is a thing or not but in a tracer mirror it always looks like there's some mindgames going on as they try and outblink each other

Oh it's 100% a thing. Tracer duels are crazy deep in cooldown management and positioning.

Edit: Boston's DPS aren't finishing kills. CHex missed so many rockets that would have secured kills. The whole team just crumbles when they have an advantage. There's gotta be some communication problems.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Top tier tracer fights make my brain hurt

• Options
    I feel like Boston almost had something going on Oasis but once they lost that map they're starting to crumble again

Or maybe NYXL is just finding their groove now, it took about 1.5 maps yesterday too for them to really get going it felt like

• Options
    The Titans in this map are just like "this fight haksal will carry by being insane at Genji. Then Fissure will carry the next fight by being insane on Winston. Then we'll get a crazy D.Va bomb. Then repeat the cycle."

It's not like it's crazy teamwork or anything really, but they know they've got crazy good players and they're just fully riding the carries

This discussion has been closed.