As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Also fuck we're gonna have so many genji pubbies in quickplay now

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Good lord, Haksal/Twilight.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Also fuck we're gonna have so many genji pubbies in quickplay now

More Winston time!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    valiant are awake :0

uc3ufTB.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Valiant don't go down quietly.

Also KSP just 360d off the ledge on his way to the point during setup. I'm glad the pros do it too.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I'm sure things will settle soon but it is nice seeing different team comps be used.

omg the rarest of rare DLC heroes has appeared.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Soldier's speed ability helps you run back to spawn to change heroes more efficiently!

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    That was a hell of a map.

Oh my God Oasis

Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm sure things will settle soon but it is nice seeing different team comps be used.

They'll settle in the next few weeks but then hero pools are happening and there's already another balance patch in the pipeline. Based on the games we've seen so far, heros to get banned based purely on play time have to be Rein, Mei, Reaper, Lucio.

Have they said how patches will work this season? There are no stages, so there are also no clear times to move to the latest patch.

edited February 2020
    Have they said how patches will work this season? There are no stages, so there are also no clear times to move to the latest patch.

Two weeks after patches go live, they will be implemented in OWL. That's a pretty standard timeframe for esports.

Edit: I should clarify that this is the official procedure.

SirToasty on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Junkrat is in!

Torb, Ashe, Bastion, Hog remain unplayed.

• Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Went to the Fuel game live with some friends, it was a lot of fun! I'm aware of the game, but my much more knowledgeable friend had to explain some of the plays to me.

SrUxdlb.jpg
    If Mei gets banned out I could see hog getting some playtime maybe.

Kana wrote: »
    If Mei gets banned out I could see hog getting some playtime maybe.

Could be! Pulled Pork's best counter at that level is throwing up a wall to cut off the hook.

1vjqke9yx0g41.png

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Due to people not being able to watch live, please spoiler OWL match specifics.

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just results? or any discussion about what happens in a match?

(just want to make sure so i can be more careful in the future)

edited February 2020
    The person that does the balance patch comparison videos/gifs on Reddit put together a highlight reel of opening day in OWL. It's really, really good. They used composites of POV from the OWL Viewer with broadcast audio overtop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYYvbkPzVV8

Edit: Noooooooo the copyright jerks got em

SirToasty on
    spent some time replicating that GiG charge on lijiang garden, it's actually pretty tricky to pull off because you have to graze the geometry at just the right angle

wild that it happened in game, let alone an owl match

uc3ufTB.png
    spent some time replicating that GiG charge on lijiang garden, it's actually pretty tricky to pull off because you have to graze the geometry at just the right angle

wild that it happened in game, let alone an owl match

Vancouver had no clue what hit them.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Is there a clip yet of the "Reddit Lucio, except good" bit? Because it was super impressive and funny.

steam_sig.png
    Is there a clip yet of the "Reddit Lucio, except good" bit? Because it was super impressive and funny.

If you have the OWL viewer installed (through the battle.net client) you can watch it from FDGod's pov.

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Patch went live -- https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-retail-patch-notes-–-february-12-2020/458690

pretty much exactly the same as PTR from what I can see, interesting note here is that there are console-specific changes

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Just results? or any discussion about what happens in a match?

(just want to make sure so i can be more careful in the future)

Generally results, or anything that would infer knowing who won a given match.

This is my personal request but I think the last two seasons several others agreed since they couldn't watch live either.

This is something we go through every season. The season starts and we're all really excited and forget that not everyone can watch it live. People not being able to watch live is going to be even more of a thing this year with all the homestands. It's easy to add a spoiler tag.

I may try to go to one of the Dallas homestands this year. They're playing Houston in July. Also I think I may not hate Dallas this year? They seem to have gotten rid of most of the jerkfaces, or at least they aren't starting anymore.

steam_sig.png
    yeah, ill spoiler stuff. better to play it safe than accidentally spoil something.

I just bought tickets for the SF shock opening weekend!

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    yeah it's a fair request and i'll do my best to err on the side of caution

edited February 2020
    I'll just type map names in all caps

Edit: Not even when something exciting happens. There's a reset happening and HANAMURA in the thread.

Baidol on
    Sick highlights are back! Jeff personally apologized for the videos getting flagged. What a champ!

https://youtu.be/hFuS-qRG1JM

Is there a new contender for best hair in the league?

steam_sig.png
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    This is without doubt the sickest frag video I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhIjDv0ALeY

ZD98Zka.png
    Is there a new contender for best hair in the league?

gig.

if nothing else, he's got best eyebrows on lock

uc3ufTB.png
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    gig looks like he came from the Mass Effect character creator

This discussion has been closed.