As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm playing my first game of AOS next week and I'm stoked

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

I had so much fun today.

Playing a chaos army that doesn't take 6 books, 14 spells, and 5 combos to do what it does is amazing to me.

Also its all on my phone! All of it!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I had so much fun today.

Playing a chaos army that doesn't take 6 books, 14 spells, and 5 combos to do what it does is amazing to me.

As a guy who primarily plays chaos/daemons in 40k, I feel your pain.

I'm awfully excited to show up with one book plus the core book on my phone.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options

I had so much fun today.

I really want to play a game not verse shooty dwarves. Though I feel right now because my club is so competitive (we had top 3 ITC players and a couple best in faction folks) that it is just going to be tzeentch daemons as far as the eye can see or dwarves.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

I had so much fun today.

I really want to play a game not verse shooty dwarves. Though I feel right now because my club is so competitive (we had top 3 ITC players and a couple best in faction folks) that it is just going to be tzeentch daemons as far as the eye can see or dwarves.

The friend I'm dipping into AoS with is starting with Ironjawz... I own a bunch of tzeentch daemons, but I feel like it wouldn't be a fun way for us to start with me kiting him around the board shooting and casting him to death.

Hence my new ghouls

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Speaking of ghouls... my ur-ghuls showed up in the mail...

I think this guy will make a decent counts-as crypt ghast courtier. I might have to add some fur ridges on his back, but it's a good start.

g6menjz7vcqh.jpg
    p0hfk4pibki8.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I had so much fun today.

tzeentch isn't really the clear best army, though they are likely to be top performers

AOS is in a pretty good place honestly (although shooty boys are likely going to be nerfed shooty boys: part 2 because they are a bad design decision)

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

I had so much fun today.

tzeentch isn't really the clear best army, though they are likely to be top performers

AOS is in a pretty good place honestly (although shooty boys are likely going to be nerfed shooty boys: part 2 because they are a bad design decision)

They feel very much like fighting a 40k army with an AoS army. And I was built to mess with them too.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I played a 500 point 5 player game of triumph and treachery this week at my GW. We modified the old card deck from fantasy and used the rules regarding territory. It was kinda silly but a blast.

The main thing is every phase you have to declare an enemy and then that player is the one you can affect that turn and can interact with you. I.e. in the combat phase even if you're in contact with multiple enemies you can only fight your chosen enemy.

I managed to come second but next time I'll get pictures

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I played a 500 point 5 player game of triumph and treachery this week at my GW. We modified the old card deck from fantasy and used the rules regarding territory. It was kinda silly but a blast.

The main thing is every phase you have to declare an enemy and then that player is the one you can affect that turn and can interact with you. I.e. in the combat phase even if you're in contact with multiple enemies you can only fight your chosen enemy.

I managed to come second but next time I'll get pictures

Oh, we did that once on three players. It really needs 4+ though.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    k2gxlbir51cx.jpeg

Cross posting my stuff from the painting thread

The dead are alive!

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    I am super ready for just my first 10 boners to undergo their shield-granting ceremony so I can just slog through the next 10 and move on to my big, stompy animal dudes

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I keep wanting to expand into Skryre but so much Skryre stuff is pewter or resin and sold in blisters alone and cost kind of a lot for the amount I want.

I am frustrated.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    I keep wanting to expand into Skryre but so much Skryre stuff is pewter or resin and sold in blisters alone and cost kind of a lot for the amount I want.

I am frustrated.

Having recently bought the rattling gun model lemme tell you: it's super old made of metal and it sucks.

Next one is gonna be converted using two of the rats from the WLC and an assault cannon from 40k

• Options

I am frustrated.

Having recently bought the rattling gun model lemme tell you: it's super old made of metal and it sucks.

Next one is gonna be converted using two of the rats from the WLC and an assault cannon from 40k

I was thinking of getting some assault cannons and using either stormvermin or clanrats to make some. I'm already gonna use stormvermin to make jezzails so I figured might as well use them for the gatling gun. I might use 1 stormvermin per base though because I think they are bigger than clanrats.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Everyone suddenly complaining about Flamers of Tzeentch being broken as hell just gave me a flashback to 7th edition when Daemons first became a proper faction.

Flamers *really* were broken back then though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I don't know what the Shiranx does. I don't care what it does. I don't care it in no way shape or form seems to fit with my Nurgle.

Its a good kitty and I love it and need it.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    It's a kitty that does this:

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    A kitty that watches Avatar: The Last Airbender?

• Options

I am frustrated.

I was thinking of getting some assault cannons and using either stormvermin or clanrats to make some. I'm already gonna use stormvermin to make jezzails so I figured might as well use them for the gatling gun. I might use 1 stormvermin per base though because I think they are bigger than clanrats.

They use the smaller oval base so keep that in mind if you're looking to use regulation base sizes.

1 stormvermin could work though.

• Options
    Is it worth getting the warcry stater terrain for $105? I'm having an extremely hard time justifying the purchase and it looks like the warcry starter is out of print.

I am frustrated.

They use the smaller oval base so keep that in mind if you're looking to use regulation base sizes.

1 stormvermin could work though.

They use the same base as the AdMech arquebus, right?

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Is it worth getting the warcry stater terrain for $105? I'm having an extremely hard time justifying the purchase and it looks like the warcry starter is out of print.

The starter is indeed out of print. It's a great set of table filling scenery, providing some decent blocking and verticality to the battlefield. I'm sure it'll be released on its own at some point, but not sure if it'll be as one big set or pieced out with duplicates over a few smaller boxes as they seem to do.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Is it out of print? My GW has a copy sitting on the shelves.

Huh... So it is.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

The starter is indeed out of print. It's a great set of table filling scenery, providing some decent blocking and verticality to the battlefield. I'm sure it'll be released on its own at some point, but not sure if it'll be as one big set or pieced out with duplicates over a few smaller boxes as they seem to do.

They've already put some of it in smaller kits I think, or if not some ruins which share components of the warcry terrain. The big sigmar head has yet to pop up though. It is really cool terrain though, once I'm done with finishing up my Slaanesh army I think I might pick some up.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I haven't actually had time to play the new warcry yet (or read the rules). Can the sphiranx or the fomoroid be part of a regular warband? The community site was lesss than clear on this.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    I haven't actually had time to play the new warcry yet (or read the rules). Can the sphiranx or the fomoroid be part of a regular warband? The community site was lesss than clear on this.

With other big beasties in Warcry you play a special mission first where you beat the thing up with another player controlling it, then if you win you can add it to your band. I presume these will be the same but as the rules for using them are going to be in the box with them rather than in any book it's a bit of a mystery for now.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

With other big beasties in Warcry you play a special mission first where you beat the thing up with another player controlling it, then if you win you can add it to your band. I presume these will be the same but as the rules for using them are going to be in the box with them rather than in any book it's a bit of a mystery for now.

So can you use them in matched play?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

So can you use them in matched play?

Nope. Open and campaign only for the monsters in the Monsters and Mercenaries book. You are allowed one Mercenary in matched play though so where these new guys will sit is again a mystery.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Curious about the new Stormcast Sacrosanct Chamber warband in Warcry. I already have the models, and in more than enough quantities. It might get me to finish painting just enough to start playing.

• Options
    I bought the terrain, I got an offer to buy it for $85 instead so I took it.

I always feel kind of weird buying off of ebay, I worry about fake stuff.

• Options
    I buy tons of stuff on eBay and have never had a problem... Also usually better customer service and shipping times than Amazon

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I have no interest in matched play for Warcry

Bonkers shit happens in campaigns and that’s what fun

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Curious about the new Stormcast Sacrosanct Chamber warband in Warcry. I already have the models, and in more than enough quantities. It might get me to finish painting just enough to start playing.

Can they take gryphhounds? Because as good as the old stormcast warbands archers were they were the real mvp

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    I bought the terrain, I got an offer to buy it for $85 instead so I took it.

I always feel kind of weird buying off of ebay, I worry about fake stuff.

I only had an issue once with like easily copyable mass produced models like clan rats. The rest has always been legit and I feel like you can usually tell from the photos.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

Can they take gryphhounds? Because as good as the old stormcast warbands archers were they were the real mvp

Looks like it's Sequitors, Evocators, and Castigators only.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/warband-focus-the-new-warbandsgw-homepage-post-3/

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Looks like it's Sequitors, Evocators, and Castigators only.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/warband-focus-the-new-warbandsgw-homepage-post-3/

Castigators though. In my experience good ranged attacks are worth a lot in Warcry.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Ranged attacks in Warcry are among the most powerful actions in the game

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I play almost exclusively with the same friend and I think we're just going to be mixing and matching between certain warbands. GW splitting up Blades of Khorne into Mortals and Demons as separate card packs doesn't really make sense (well, it does if you want to sell more packs and nake more money), and if you use them both you can do fluffy stuff like run Magore's Fiends as a Warband.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    I really need to get the warcry rulebook. I have the Corvus Cabal and the Skaven cards and I have no idea what is good.

• Options
    I play almost exclusively with the same friend and I think we're just going to be mixing and matching between certain warbands. GW splitting up Blades of Khorne into Mortals and Demons as separate card packs doesn't really make sense (well, it does if you want to sell more packs and nake more money), and if you use them both you can do fluffy stuff like run Magore's Fiends as a Warband.

They did the same the Tzeentch and Nurgle.

This discussion has been closed.