As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I started playing this around Christmas and just this weekend finished all the acts. I have unlocked the epilogue but haven’t finished it.

Is there a good beginners guide for what comes next? I am a necromancer/minion witch but I seem to explode very easily against most bosses.

Are your resists maxed? probably not because beating the boss gives you another permanent -30 resists.

As a minion build...it depends on which one you picked how explody you are but resists are the first step. The 'epilogue' is basically endless. the mapping portion of the game has a storyline with an 'end' (until the sequel at least), but basically as a first time player, you can just put a map in the map device, activate it, and do an area. the 'atlas' of different maps will fill in as you do each one and meet certain requirements (Like making the maps yellow with an alchemy orb, or corrupted, which would be yellow + a vaal orb used on the map).

I believe white maps only need to be transmuted. I really wish they weren't white yellow red, because it gets really confusing with rarity.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    right, the 'white' maps need to be made in to magic maps (blue) to get the bonus. yellow maps need to be made yellow (rare), red need to be yellow + corrupted. (cant just be normal or magic corrupted )

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I started playing this around Christmas and just this weekend finished all the acts. I have unlocked the epilogue but haven’t finished it.

Is there a good beginners guide for what comes next? I am a necromancer/minion witch but I seem to explode very easily against most bosses.

Are your resists maxed? probably not because beating the boss gives you another permanent -30 resists.

As a minion build...it depends on which one you picked how explody you are but resists are the first step. The 'epilogue' is basically endless. the mapping portion of the game has a storyline with an 'end' (until the sequel at least), but basically as a first time player, you can just put a map in the map device, activate it, and do an area. the 'atlas' of different maps will fill in as you do each one and meet certain requirements (Like making the maps yellow with an alchemy orb, or corrupted, which would be yellow + a vaal orb used on the map).

At some point 2 of the 3 were at 75%. I haven’t checked in a few acts, but I’m fairly certain they’re not.

The maps you’re talking about, are those the “pier map” or “beach map” I’ve been picking up for the last 5 levels or so?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options

At some point 2 of the 3 were at 75%. I haven’t checked in a few acts, but I’m fairly certain they’re not.

The maps you’re talking about, are those the “pier map” or “beach map” I’ve been picking up for the last 5 levels or so?

Correct. You'll want to run as many of them as you can. The order than can drop from can be confusing, but its effectively an upside down pyramid, run tier 1 maps until you get a bunch of tier 2's. Run tier 2's until you have a bunch of tier 3's. Each tier gets progressively harder, yellows start at tier 6, iirc red starts at 10? I think with the new setup you need to engage in the new watchstone mechanics to get past yellow, maybe even to really get into yellows. Basically, don't stick more than one watchstone received into a single zone until most of your zones have one stone.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Last night I discovered that I had mistakenly socketed my Minion Life into my Herald of Agony setup instead of Minion Damage. For those that don't know, HoaG is immune to all damage.

*edit* I'm level 97.7 upon discovering this.

Heffling on
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    I had a jewel drop last night that was melee crit multi + global crit multi + %Life (+ knockback but didn't worry about it)

I searched for those three things and everything was a multi Ex purchase.

Did I make it big on this? I'm still unsure of big ticket items

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Koreg wrote: »
    I had a jewel drop last night that was melee crit multi + global crit multi + %Life (+ knockback but didn't worry about it)

List it high, if you get a ton of tells, pull it for the night, list it higher. If you get nothing leave it for a night or two and drop it a little at a time.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »

You 100% hit it big here. Double crit multi plus life is multiple Ex every time.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    After two weeks of being sick with two different cold viruses, we finally got my wife playing again and got her to 68 last night. She's set up as a cyclone summoner with zombies/specters/carrion golem/holy relic for clear and skellies for bosses. She immediately took it down to her deepest delves (around level 75) and was crushing. ~4.5k life and 4.5k es, with constant spirit offering es healing and minion leech from the baron. She's also crushing metamorphs now, which was her complaint on her bow build.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Zizaran and Steelmage are running a QuinZero DPS Private League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTX_pSYg2PQ

Melee Only, your main skill must be on this list:
    Doryani's Touch (From Doryani's Fist)
    Ancestral Warchief
    Ancestral Protector
    Blade Flurry
    Bladestorm
    Chain Hook
    Charged Dash
    Cleave
    Consecrated Path
    Dominating Blow
    Double Strike
    Dual Strike
    Earthquake
    Flicker Strike
    Frost Blades
    Glacial Hammer
    Ground Slam
    Heavy Strike
    Ice Crash
    Infernal Blow
    Lacerate
    Leap Slam
    Lightning Strike
    Molten Strike
    Perforate
    Pestilent Strike
    Puncture(Melee)
    Reave
    Reckoning
    Riposte
    Shield Charge
    Smite
    Static Strike
    Sunder
    Sweep
    Tectonic Slam
    Vengeance
    Vigilant Strike
    Viper Strike
    Whirling Blades
    Wild Strike
    Elemental Hit (Melee)
    Frenzy (Melee)
    There's more rules here: https://pastebin.com/LRDCbudk
    First Awakening 8 Sirus kill with each skill wins a $60 supporter pack of their choice.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Zizaran and Steelmage are running a QuinZero DPS Private League:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTX_pSYg2PQ

Melee Only, your main skill must be on this list:
    Doryani's Touch (From Doryani's Fist)
    Ancestral Warchief
    Ancestral Protector
    Blade Flurry
    Bladestorm
    Chain Hook
    Charged Dash
    Cleave
    Consecrated Path
    Dominating Blow
    Double Strike
    Dual Strike
    Earthquake
    Flicker Strike
    Frost Blades
    Glacial Hammer
    Ground Slam
    Heavy Strike
    Ice Crash
    Infernal Blow
    Lacerate
    Leap Slam
    Lightning Strike
    Molten Strike
    Perforate
    Pestilent Strike
    Puncture(Melee)
    Reave
    Reckoning
    Riposte
    Shield Charge
    Smite
    Static Strike
    Sunder
    Sweep
    Tectonic Slam
    Vengeance
    Vigilant Strike
    Viper Strike
    Whirling Blades
    Wild Strike
    Elemental Hit (Melee)
    Frenzy (Melee)
    There's more rules here: https://pastebin.com/LRDCbudk
    First Awakening 8 Sirus kill with each skill wins a $60 supporter pack of their choice.

I tossed in 100 points to help fund it. Should be a good time. Now to plan out my league starter...

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I started back up with my bow Scion and it’s going well near the end of act 2. I used the ballista totem support for a bit, but I’m having more fun shooting things myself. Mainly ice shot and toxic rain.

Barrage is fun too, but I’m more interested in barrage support, whenever I can get my hands on that.

Burning arrow is kinda fun, but someone in chat was saying it’s bugged? I dunno; I like ice shot a lot better except that burning is definitely nice on metamorphs. Still waiting for exploding.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    When you ignite with Burning Arrow it places a second, stacking burn as well. The stacking is bugged so you only get the ignite and 1x burn instead of the 5x burn stack you're supposed to. So it's not something noticeable without ignite chance and attack speed.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Ah ok, good to know not to pursue that setup then. Is exploding similarly bugged then?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Explosive Arrow just doesn't explode sometimes, and you can't set up another explosion until the bugged one would have exploded. I don't know why or the frequency of the issue though.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    so we're coming up on the normal (next patch, 3/10) preview schedule, but i suspect itll be pushed back atleast a week due to the late dec start

i barely had time to play this patch but overall it seems mostly positive, if a bit confusing

bossing finally became viable (and difficult)

map sustain is ridiculously easy, which was a common complaint

i do miss jamming my single t16 map but the new awakener bonuses seem too good to pass up on. my usual super budget builds no longer easy mode end game so that takes some getting use to

in the past, the march leagues (beastiary, synthesis) have been rough reception wise

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I started playing this league since I've been looking for another time sink and it seems pretty good so far. The intro to POE video I picked on youtube recommended a loot filter and build guide so I've been running with those for now and the first real pinch of pain is the XP loss when you die now that I'm past the epilogue. Since this league is coming to an end in threeish weeks I'm probably not going to go gung-ho on it and pick something a tad less glass cannonish in the next round.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    So I guess the league is ending on March 9, since I haven't been through this before is there anything a new player should do before it ends? I'm guessing everything just drops into non-league which is empty for me, but should I be, I don't know, selling off specific stuff or not worry about it?

Also ended up abandoning my 1st character in act 7 or so and rolling 2 more, both of which are in the epilogue with one at 90 now. The first one got ditched because the build called for all kinds of expensive stuff that the lower tier gear suggestions didn't quite manage to make work and I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to farm 50 or so exalts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    So I guess the league is ending on March 9, since I haven't been through this before is there anything a new player should do before it ends? I'm guessing everything just drops into non-league which is empty for me, but should I be, I don't know, selling off specific stuff or not worry about it?

Also ended up abandoning my 1st character in act 7 or so and rolling 2 more, both of which are in the epilogue with one at 90 now. The first one got ditched because the build called for all kinds of expensive stuff that the lower tier gear suggestions didn't quite manage to make work and I didn't feel like trying to figure out how to farm 50 or so exalts.

I used to sort out all of my stuff but now if it's not in leagues then I just don't care anymore

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »

You can clean up your stash, otherwise they call get moved into "remove only tabs" and added to your list of standard tabs

otherwise; its a great time to try random new guides, burn currency crafting, or just relax so you dont burn yourself out for 3.10

the market for standard isnt something to really worry about unless you really intend to play alot of standard. most people dont. i have a couple of nice bling collection tabs that i like to keep clean/up to date but thats it

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I took the majority of this league off so I was fresh for 3.10. I played for a week, maybe?

• Options
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »

you know what the most visually cluttered game in existence needs is some fucking FOG

hook me up

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    We heard you like skill trees so,

• Options
    Whats that lightning spell at ~40 seconds? Is that the new skill?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So it's basically "We heard you like Breach so here is a bigger Breach (Mirror) that can have Breaches inside and make the Breaches scarier so you get more Breach rewards when you encounter the Breaches inside the Breaches", but now apply that to ALL existing mechanics like Incursions and Abysses as well. Which sounds pretty perfect. Speedclear is back baby.

Also datgummit the mirror in question looks cool.

Absalon on
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I'm kinda glad i just upgraded my computer. max settings pls.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    heres the source of the leak

https://www.shacknews.com/article/116503/path-of-exile-delirium-preview-mirror-mirror

In terms of character builds, Delirium rewards will also include new items called Cluster Jewels. These are placed along the external sockets of the player's skill tree, opening up all-new passive skill clusters that can in turn create even more sockets. This is the most drastic addition to the character creation system to date, offering the biggest change to character builds since Path of Exile: Ascendancy way back in 2016. Like the game's other items, if a Cluster Jewel isn't to your liking, you're welcome to reroll in hopes of getting one better suited to your character build. Some Cluster Jewels will feed into existing character archetypes, while others create whole new character builds entirely. For example, one Cluster Jewel contains a special passive called the Hollow Palm Technique, which will open the door to an entirely new unarmed monk-style combat build.

Beyond the Delirium encounters and all they have to offer, long-time Path of Exile players can also look forward to four new skills, three new support gems, and 13 unique items. One example of a new skill is Blade Blast, which leaves behind exploding blades created by other skills. That means any blades left behind by attacks can either be detonated or they can be brought to life by the Animated Weapon skill.

Kinetic Bolt is the skill that wand players have been waiting for, starting off as a strong low-level skill that can be scaled for endgame encounters. The Kinetic Bolt will deal damage from the player's wand with a forking bolt, one that deals damage from foe-to-foe. Once players get to higher levels, it can be upgraded with various support gems to make it more powerful and a more potent area-of-effect force. Combined with Delirium's new jewel cluster system, the options for a Kinectic Bolt build are more than anything wand players could have ever hoped for.

The other big change coming with Delirium involves the big league from last expansion. The Metamorph league debuted with Conquerors of the Atlas, allowing players to essentially assemble their own boss encounter. The league proved so popular that Path of Exile will add Metamorph to the core game. Players can also look for various improvements to other Conquerors of the Atlas content, including adjustments to spawn rates, changes to certain recipes, and a better Temple of Atzoatl experience.

HOLLOW

PALM

facebreakers gonna be a meta unique

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    What, that looks amazing. Looks like Fork and Herald of Ice are going to be the go to skills.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    all skills will be op

but the most op skill of all? making out black boss fx on a black boss on a black background obscured by fog

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Legion, Conquerers, and Metamorph COMPLETELY destroy my FPS, it's fucking absurd how bad they are. Now throw mist in there, great, just great

• Options
    Turn your light sources down to Medium (Default) and get about a 30% fps boost.

It looks absolutely no different as well.

• Options
    also turn off your sound via ini for a great performace boost on lower end pcs

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

It lets you turn the audio channels down to 0?

• Options

It lets you turn the audio channels down to 0?

you can pick!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ei3d1u/performance_tip_you_can_actually_reap_the_nosound/

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    hallowed palm

14-20 phys per 10 dex while you have nothing in weapon slots or gloves slot

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    hallowed palm

14-20 phys per 10 dex while you have nothing in weapon slots or gloves slot

Is that going to b enough to counter losing three full items?

• Options
    technically only 1, a shield. since current Facebreaker builds use shield + no weapon and facebreaker doesnt give anything besides reduced stun threshold and crit multi

J3qcnBP.png
This discussion has been closed.