As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Acheron wrote: »
    Rudolf is like a little Blue Surtr. Somehow has even more attack though. Had to change to Nino getting buffs from Silque to blow him away.

Yeah, I swear it's almost like he has Vengeful Fighter or something... he takes a hit and then just murders in the counter attack. But I will take him over fucking TT Flora... jesus that was the worst.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I haven't found Rudolf too bad, mostly because he has neither armor march nor distant counter. Bonus unit Celica has been killing him, triangle disadvantage be damned, though she needs a dance to finish him unless Blazing Light is ready, in which case her ~110 attack wipes out most of his bulk before her strike.

Also, Reinhardt as always gives no fucks about PvE content.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got a 5* Chrom from his banner. I've had dozens of 3/4* Chroms and despite liking him in Awakening, I've never bothered to 5* him because infantry swords are so jam-packed with better units.

Actually, that might not be true. I might have needed some Aether fodder at some point. But I still don't have his confession, so at least that's one more on the books.

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    What a power jump from last Hall of Forms to this next. Merric and Draug vs. Llewyn and Sigurd. Hmm...

Was hoping for some other changes to the event, like the ability to repeat it. For some reason they seem fine with it how it is though. Kind of surprising.

• Options
    What a power jump from last Hall of Forms to this next. Merric and Draug vs. Llewyn and Sigurd. Hmm...

Was hoping for some other changes to the event, like the ability to repeat it. For some reason they seem fine with it how it is though. Kind of surprising.

lol I thought the same thing. It's going to be weird having units that can actually kill things. It was getting a little frustrating trying to make Boey and Merric not suck horribly :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I really hope they add a repeat feature, too. After completing it, it would be fun to redo it as a solo-character challenge.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I really hope they add a repeat feature, too. After completing it, it would be fun to redo it as a solo-character challenge.

Yeah it's kind of weird. Hall of Forms is a fun mode but it feels like it comes around so rarely, not to mention once you get to the top there's literally no reason to keep playing. And I've never been a fan of the stamina structure for it (basically front-load a ton of it, then you are starved for it for the rest of the event). I'd honestly much rather see it maybe function more like Rival Domains where it's just up forever and maybe the thing rotates every month or something. And then give some sort of incidental reward for continuing to play, like how Rival Domains lets you feather farm if you want but it's not a required thing.

It would also be cool if you got to keep the heroes in some capacity (albeit probably not with the skills you gave them since it allows for some nuts impossible combos), though I imagine maybe that would be too strong (they can't really go about giving away free Brave Alms or Lewyns). Even if it was like, "Here's the combat manuals of the heroes you used" (with their default skills) that would be neat.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I think they main joykill for the mode is that once you go through it, you don't get rewards. I think if they kept up rewards for completing things in a pattern or something, more people would do it. That said you would need to have some sort of scoring system

I personally like the idea of making it more or less like a rogue like where you keep going until you get a team wipe or something. then you can have rewards based on some assigned score/floor

And also, it took 3 years but I finally got a regular Lyn and a young Tiki. Hurrah for relevancy.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Was not expecting that voice from Fiora's artwork.

Leila's weapon seems kinda awesome, but I'm not clear on what "support partner" means. Ally support is the obvious first thought, but there's a conditional for what happens if within range of multiple partners, and you can't ally support multiples...

• Options
    Awesome banner. And Rath being the 4 star focus means I have a good chance of getting him with only a few orbs, nice .

• Options
    RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    Was not expecting that voice from Fiora's artwork.

Leila's weapon seems kinda awesome, but I'm not clear on what "support partner" means. Ally support is the obvious first thought, but there's a conditional for what happens if within range of multiple partners, and you can't ally support multiples...

It includes a clause for being in range of multiple partners in case you are running multiple copies of that partner on your team, not because you can have more than one person as a support.

• Options
    Oh right. That must be it. This is the first time support has been used as a mechanic condition, right?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    No, there's been support mechanics for awhile, just not that common. Corrin's refine buffs supports and Velouria's weapon special charges supports, for example. Having more than one copy of a support unit didn't matter for those effects, though.

Pegasus Flight and Leila are the only things that I might toss a few orbs after on this one. Leila with attack smoke striking and then hiding behind a tank who got buffed by enemy debuffs could be pretty strong.

'Course half of my aether wins are just "Altina vantage-kills your entire team" so I don't feel that much of a draw to try it.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Wonder if IS will go for the Awkward Moment between
    Leila and Jaffar
    in the Forging Bonds event.

• Options
    Kinda hilarious how much stronger than Jaffar Leila is as a unit. Compared to the base game, not exactly canon. Just wait long enough in a gacha and Merlinus may be stronger than Hector.

• Options
    Does anyone know what piece of music it is that plays on this TT map? I'm pretty sure it's from Three Houses.

zcsz0e4b9nrv.png

• Options
    I never play with the music on :3

Also:

• Options
    When does Resplendent Cordelia drop? I assumed it would be today...

• Options
    The first month dates are all janky. 2/24 for Cordelia. Wonder when they will announce March's.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know what piece of music it is that plays on this TT map? I'm pretty sure it's from Three Houses.

It's the Book III map theme:

https://youtu.be/Qs9mqhYXWjU

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Snagged two consecutive brave Ike merges with free summon + ticket. Would have been insane luck/value if I hadn't decided it was a sign and dumped 50 more orbs to get nothing. Just "really good" now.

Brave Ike at +7! Tempted to go for the finish because he is such a beast and could join my arena core.

• Options
    Just ran into a team with 3 +10 legendary Alms.

It didn't go well.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Leila's PRF is a lot of fun to play with, but it's absolutely integral to her kit, because once you put L&D3 on her, she has no defensive bulk whatsoever.

But it's pretty nice to bomb someone and then dump an enemy phase monster like Idunn or Caineghis into the danger zone.

• Options
    4 star focus seems nuts. My first circle had 4 greens, which contained 2 four star Raths and a Nagi. (Lol)

Glad he is going to 3-4 star afterwards and not 4-5. 4-5 shouldn't exist.

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    HAhahhahAHAHAHAHA I managed to get two Myrrhs (tumors?) in under 30 orbs and now my Myrrh is PLUS TEN! FINALLY COMPLETE! AFTER ALL THIS TIME!

• Options
    HAhahhahAHAHAHAHA I managed to get two Myrrhs (tumors?) in under 30 orbs and now my Myrrh is PLUS TEN! FINALLY COMPLETE! AFTER ALL THIS TIME!

Congratulations! Though there's more than there used to be, there's still very little in this game that I've found +10 Myrrh can't simply ignore.

I also had some good luck today—about 30 orbs as well netted a random Maribelle and a +ATK/-DEF Leila, so I'm oooouuut on this banner.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    This Hall of Forms has not been kind. Lewyn is 5 levels higher than everyone else and they're all weak as piss with no good skills. Nothing like putting Eldigan up vs Henry with 5 hp and seeing him do 4 damage.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    This Hall of Forms has not been kind. Lewyn is 5 levels higher than everyone else and they're all weak as piss with no good skills. Nothing like putting Eldigan up vs Henry with 5 hp and seeing him do 4 damage.

My advice is to run lower maps to get them levels. It happens to me every time

Side note, about this forging bonds story... So, did I miss something or is there a mistake in here? They said "Lord Hector mentioned meeting an Anna who had a boyfriend named Jake" - am I forgetting something here? I didn't think Blazing Blade Anna *also* had a boyfriend... Or did Hector somehow meet Shadow Dragon Anna?

Edit: Oh nope, looks like I'm the one who forgot.. Apparently Jake is also reoccurring? I didn't realize this was the case.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    I got a +spd -hp Fiora. Interested to test her out. Nowhere near favorite enough to be a merge project, and that voice... Pretty rough.

But I'm interested to see how powerful she is. Hard to parse that B skill.

My hall of forms Llewyn is a monster. Life and death 4, null follow up, Forseti, ruptured sky, speed seal. He has 57/52 offenses and doubles everyone before they can hit back.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I got a +spd -hp Fiora. Interested to test her out. Nowhere near favorite enough to be a merge project, and that voice... Pretty rough.

But I'm interested to see how powerful she is. Hard to parse that B skill.

My hall of forms Llewyn is a monster. Life and death 4, null follow up, Forseti, ruptured sky, speed seal. He has 57/52 offenses and doubles everyone before they can hit back.

Yeah, mine has Forseti, Glimmer, Death Blow 4 and Special Spiral 3 :3 Also I just put Threaten Atk/Res 4 on him, even though I'm done with the Hall of Forms already :P

Also, waiting for Friday to level up all the new guys (double sp ftw!). Curious to see how good they are.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Eldigan taking 3 turns to kill an equal level healer is Peak HoF

and even then it's because he finally charged Wo Dao+ Blue Flame

Edit: For all my complaining, I actually still really like it. Trying to win against uneven odds and make the most of things like Rally/Smoke/Spur skills instead of just ORKOing everything is probably the most effort I've had to put into victories outside of Abyssal legendaries.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    Man arena assault is just not fun at all these days. More and more ridiculous whale teams, way too many matches, exhausting. How about we shorten this thing up already, eh?

• Options
    Man arena assault is just not fun at all these days. More and more ridiculous whale teams, way too many matches, exhausting. How about we shorten this thing up already, eh?

God yes please. I dread doing it each week. It's literally the mode in this game I hate the most.

• Options
    Next Resplendent Hero is Muspell Ike.

My +10 +ATK Cordelia now has the same base ATK as my +10 Cherche. In fact, she's summoner supported and A rank, so once that hits S, she'll be even higher. But I have to say, with her attack is so high, there aren't many enemies she can quad - most don't survive initiation. And those that do, like tanky greens, usually do pretty severe counter damage. I'm thinking of swapping L&D3 for something else, but I'm not sure what.

• Options
  • Options
    Well he's broken.. Jesus that assist skill

• Options
    The pivot version of future vision that compromises by not being able to be danced. Still, that is a possible threat range of 7, which is... Across the entire map. Fun!

• Options
    The pivot version of future vision that compromises by not being able to be danced. Still, that is a possible threat range of 7, which is... Across the entire map. Fun!

Across the map with no way to back out of the danger zone. You can't be danced or repositioned or swapped, either.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    slap some gale force on him. attack, get danced move pivot someone attack gale force... something else.

camo_sig.png