As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm gonna have to swap up my team a little bit for Demon Wall trial, as there's no easy way to fit death immunity onto Kryla and maintain passive evade/provoke, unless I want to use Rivera as my healer to grant provoke to Kryla...

I'll probably throw Moogle Charm and Safety Bit on CGCharlotte and see how she does solo tanking. If Siegnacio is good and I go for him I'll try him out for damage on the trial, since the Demon Axe has stone killer attached. Otherwise I'll use Levinson because, well, Levinson's awesome.

You can do it; you just need Kaito, MM Xon, or Adventurer Locke's STMR. And the Dodge Roll materia from whatever event that was.
    https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#7322e380-4c37-11ea-8d7e-9562e4f1ec34

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, I know it can be done, I just don't have any of those STMR evade pieces. I am closest to Locke's, since I don't have a single MMXon or Kaito. Guess I should have said there's no easy way for me personally to get Kryla to that level.

Cruor on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    My 30K MK ticket was Onion Knight #5. Yay...

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'm well over the 30k mark, but I can't pull it until I have the 60k one because kids and being fair and all of that. Since the new event is a proper raid, I don't have to worry about burning NRG pots to get the 60k by Thursday since there really isn't a ton to burn NRG on next week anyway (after the two trials and weekly star quartz challenge).

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    My 30K ticket was... Vincent #4. Pity that my only gun user is physalis, who dual wields.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Vincent is supposed to be quite good when he gets his enhancements. Just something to consider if you like him.

edited February 2020
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Vincent is supposed to be quite good when he gets his enhancements. Just something to consider if you like him.

I mean, not really. He's basically Shadow the Hedgehog as a FF character, except the writers for Shadow quickly realized Shadow was fucking hilarious and started playing into it. So he's worse than Shadow, really :P.

Drascin on
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    I would guess they're limited, since we've had other V-Day units be limited, like Cupid Artemios and Cupid Luna. They could not be, but I'd lean towards limited.

IW being a lot kinder to me than usual. I don't remember getting any rares last time, but I've gotten two so far. Both on swords, coincidentally enough. Zantetsuken (XIII) and Sagasinger. Sagasinger only got an extra 3% ATK on top of the rare, but did get 15% HP to go along with it. And it has innate HP, too, so it's not a bad survivability stat stick for a DW attacker.

Same here. For once IW is cooperating haha. Which is good since i had little to no pots left. Got rare on both Staff of Ripples and Jade Bracer (good for HP at least). Have 22% mag and 15% hp on daybreak, which isn’t bad but I’ll probably focus on that the rest of the way.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Got VotF #5 from the MK 5*. Booooooo

edited February 2020
    News is out, new duo units are indeed limited.

Edit: woah they're giving out 1 each of the rare crafting materials for the Ring of Dominion. That's pretty cool!

Cruor on
    And FFBE has decided to lock up at the "call up google play" stage of the title screens again. I am getting REALLY sick of reinstalling this game every fucking month.

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    You know, Palom and Porom should have been the mediocre free unit. Rosa got shafted

edited February 2020
    Cruor wrote: »
    News is out, new duo units are indeed limited.

Edit: woah they're giving out 1 each of the rare crafting materials for the Ring of Dominion. That's pretty cool!
    That's kind of cool. I have one of the gems from crafting rings. I've run out of Silver Ore so I can't craft anymore. I have like 600+ of every megacryst too. Maybe I'll use some NRG to farm for more ore next week instead of ES farming. Now I need to find the best place to farm it. I have a ton of Mog material maps. I wonder if they can drop in there or if it's all crysts.

Tiphares on
    Hmmm some nice TMR’s.

...item world taunts me. I've been running Awakened Hornman's sword to get some decent defensive stats with little success, so seeing how I had severall times ignored +12 mag drops while running this, I decided to switch it up with going with Fina's Bow for a run.

I never saw a mag boost, but I did get +20% defense and +15% HP. Hngrrrrrrggh.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Threw 25 tickets at the banner today. Not a single gold. Not one. Just blues in a row. That's 75 tickets with 3 off-banner rainbows.

[Edit] Another 30 tickets. Got 4 rainbows clustered together. 3 off-banner, 1 p. Cecil. That's more than 100 tickets with 6 off-banner rainbows.

TeaSpoon on
    edited February 2020
    At least you pulled P. Cecil instead of P&P for your on-banner. Grats! Hopefully the off-banners were useful as 7* units or TMRs/STMRs.

Tiphares on
    At least you pulled P. Cecil instead of P&P for your on-banner. Grats! Hopefully the off-banners were useful as 7* units or TMRs/STMRs.

2 of those off-banners were CG Lightning #1 and #2. That keeps happening. Like it got a rate-up. I also seem to be encountering the same 3*s.

Finally beat The Lightning Tyrant. I used a couple items and forgot to summon Carbuncle, but I will NOT be repeating that. What a pain in the ass.

TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Threw 25 tickets at the banner today. Not a single gold. Not one. Just blues in a row. That's 75 tickets with 3 off-banner rainbows.

[Edit] Another 30 tickets. Got 4 rainbows clustered together. 3 off-banner, 1 p. Cecil. That's more than 100 tickets with 6 off-banner rainbows.

What is the on-banner rate now-a-days anyway.. I've totally forgotten. Is it 2% out of the 5% rainbow rate?
    Either way, 7 rainbows out of 100 tickets is 7%, so you're above expected on actual rainbows.

Lorek wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

What is the on-banner rate now-a-days anyway.. I've totally forgotten. Is it 2% out of the 5% rainbow rate?
    Either way, 7 rainbows out of 100 tickets is 7%, so you're above expected on actual rainbows.

Sure, but you're not pulling for off-banner rainbows.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    On banner rainbows are a myth 8-)

Current on-banner rate is 1.5% and off-banner is 3.5%.

5* MK ticket was Trance Terra #7.

Not sure why they are just giving us material for the Ring of Dominion. Seems like they would be great as rewards for a hard trial, definitely more impactful than a 5* trust moogle.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    5* MK ticket was Trance Terra #7.

Not sure why they are just giving us material for the Ring of Dominion. Seems like they would be great as rewards for a hard trial, definitely more impactful than a 5* trust moogle.

The usefulness of RoD on damage dealers is diminishing mostly due to it having no flat ATK/MAG for TDH/TDW to boost, and the fact that it's pretty easy for most damage dealers to reach the 400% stat cap. It's really nice for adding bulk to damage dealers though, and it's very nice for tanks/supports as well.

Oh yeah, RoD is still really nice. Just figured they could throw in the gems to add some motivation for harder bosses.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    First 5 star KM ticket gave me Ayaka #4. I guess it is a good stick.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.

Been waiting for #4 of her for years. My only hope at this point is GUMI takes pity and gives us 50% STMR moogles in the shop.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular

Been waiting for #4 of her for years. My only hope at this point is GUMI takes pity and gives us 50% STMR moogles in the shop.

I lost so many lapis chasing her back in the day, before CG Fina's banner. Then month's after pulling CG Fina, she randomly started appearing. If you were expecting her stmr then that means it is really good, that makes me feel better.

At least she wasn't lid #8, cg fina #7 or esther #8.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
    I'm looking forward to Esther#8, her STMR is pretty darn good. Stone/Machine Killer on an armor is very useful.

I lost so many lapis chasing her back in the day, before CG Fina's banner. Then month's after pulling CG Fina, she randomly started appearing. If you were expecting her stmr then that means it is really good, that makes me feel better.

At least she wasn't lid #8, cg fina #7 or esther #8.

Ayaka's STMR is still one of the best staff's in the game next to DW Lenna's. Ayaka's has a good balance of HP/MP vs Folka's is heavy MP.

I'm tempted to pull for the new Luka. She has a hell of a TMR.

Craigopogo wrote: »
    I'm tempted to pull for the new Luka. She has a hell of a TMR.
    It would be really good on my XWQL, but since she's not limited, I'm not pulling for her. I will probably off-banner her at some point.

Reminder: Maintenance in 8.5 hours!
    A good number of banners/events closing.
    Don't forget the Free Summons!

I'm getting close to the 60k reward because of using some NRG pots early on and a rank up. I think I might push through to see if it completes any STMRs to run through IW at the late minute.

edited February 2020

Reminder: Maintenance in 8.5 hours!
    A good number of banners/events closing.
    Don't forget the Free Summons!

I'm getting close to the 60k reward because of using some NRG pots early on and a rank up. I think I might push through to see if it completes any STMRs to run through IW at the late minute.

Remember that tomorrow there will be the one-time EX difficulty that gives 10,000 rank xp.
    Edit: Oh n/m, you wanted IW just in case. Yeah that'll be too late.

Lorek on
    edited February 2020
    Oh great, I got a rare on Elven Bow. That's 35% Mag and 35% Atk on a bow that needs Spr.

[edit] See, this is how I know the RNG is bullshit in this game. I dropped the rare on the bow and ran it through Item World again. Got the rare again.

This is pretty much how it goes with every weapon. You tend to get the same set of modifiers. You have to run it 20 times to get rare outliers, which tend to be only slightly better than the basic set. I don't even feel bad for passing on the rare again. I know that I'll keep getting it if I keep running the weapon. Same thing happened with those fist weapons a few item worlds ago. Got a rare that did absolutely nothing for me. Then got it again next run-through.

TeaSpoon on
    I don't remember the EX difficulty giving event points. I thought it just gave the MK currency. Oh well, either way. I'm getting it done tonight. My kids needs to summon some sweet rainbows for me in preparation for Valentine's Day!

edited February 2020
    Ran the bow another time. Guess fucking what? I got the rare. Again. Third time. Three runs, three rares. Look at this fucking bullshit.
    Screenshot-2020-02-12-22-31-53v2.png

TeaSpoon on
    Time to go get a lottery ticket. You can't lose!

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Time to go get a lottery ticket. You can't lose!

But only if you already won