As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unread threads showing as having 1 new post

NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together.Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
yXkAvmq.png

Firefox 72.0.1 on Windows 10, unsure of precise patch version or where to easily look that up.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
Warframe/Steam: NFyt

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I just started seeing this in SE++ and D&D earlier this afternoon (about an hour ago or so). Every thread is showing the blue light as though I had at one time clicked on it (which I definitely haven't). I'm on a Win7 machine using Firefox 72.0.2 (32-bit).

[Edit]
    A quick check shows that all threads in G&T are doing this as well, but it's only nearly every thread in Moe's subforum. This forum (Tube's Circus) also only has most all threads marked as read, regardless of having clicked on them in the past.

LaOs on
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Also threads you've just posted in have the same issue.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Looks like everything got marked as read to me - same thing is happening to me.

I've done it accidentally before, marked a whole subforum as read. One thing of note that I'll point out - if you click into one of those threads that you've previously never read, it will likely just take you to the first post, and then from there on out you'll see the unread number as 2.1k new or whatever.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    did your accidental mark as read track number of new posts? This seems to very specifically show them as 1 new post even if board movement would dictate they've had more than one new post since The Event.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    filed a ticket

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Interestingly, I got this just now in G&T and SE++ but not D&D.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    filed a ticket

This is greatly appreciated!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    did your accidental mark as read track number of new posts? This seems to very specifically show them as 1 new post even if board movement would dictate they've had more than one new post since The Event.

i'm seeing 1 new post in threads i've never read and the, i assume because it's varied, correct number of new posts in threads i have read

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

Same.

But, you know, maybe don't fix this one. It's a really nice bit of micro-nostalgia for the rad post I just made.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Same.

But, you know, maybe don't fix this one. It's a really nice bit of micro-nostalgia for the rad post I just made.

Eh, it's making my bookmarks tab lie to me

My bookmarks tab doesn't deserve that

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    As a weird side note/addendum to this, ever since this started happening I've had the forums register my own posts as new posts.

Like, if I go into a thread, read it to the end, and click back out, it will be marked as read. But if I make a post at the end of that, when I go back to the main page the thread will be listed as having one new post.

I don't know if that's helpful information or anything, just something I noticed that seems to be related.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I came here to report the same (new) behavior that Straightzi did.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Same.

There's always some user with an edge case claiming a bug is a feature.
    :razz:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I’m now getting posts in read threads being always marked as unread.

Only affects recently created threads. On safari mobile

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I got the same problem but only with one thread. The marvel thread in se++. All other threads I read (which I think we're all older) behaved normally.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

I got the same problem but only with one thread. The marvel thread in se++. All other threads I read (which I think we're all older) behaved normally.

Now also happening in the new movies thread in D&D, created this morning.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular

Now also happening in the new movies thread in D&D, created this morning.

Additional info: I tried clearing my cookies & cache to resolve this issue, and it's still showing up for that thread (https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234730/tinker-tailor-soldier-movie). Feels like it's specific to new threads created after a certain point in time.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Right now I’m unable to click on a thread title and go to the newest unread post; it always kicks me to the OP

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Right now I’m unable to click on a thread title and go to the newest unread post; it always kicks me to the OP

Me too. But only on the new thread I have bookmarked. In my case, the new Star Wars discussion thread in D&D.

Other threads are ok, excepting that whenever I make post, its counted as a new, unread post for me. Which has been reported before, I believe.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    That's happening to me with the job thread.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Newer threads are performing like that (don't acknowledge being read) for me on Brave.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    For me this bug is manifesting itself as my own posts not being marked as read when I made them. For example, I make a post in the cars thread. I see the post in the thread. I navigate back to the forum list. I check the cars thread and it shows 1 unread message. I open the cars thread and the unread message is the post I just made. I jump back to the forum list and check the cars thread. It shows no unread messages.

It's the strangest thing.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm getting both the "Your own posts are marked as unread until you reopen the thread" as well as a couple of threads where all of the posts are permanently marked unread, no matter how many times I read the thread.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I'm getting both the "Your own posts are marked as unread until you reopen the thread" as well as a couple of threads where all of the posts are permanently marked unread, no matter how many times I read the thread.

This is my situation, as well.

• Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular

The only thread I'm seeing do the latter is the D&D Climate Change thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/224910/climate-change-where-every-storm-is-perfect#latest

If relevant: the #latest link takes me to the second post (first reply)
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40955019/#Comment_40955019

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

The only thread I'm seeing do the latter is the D&D Climate Change thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/224910/climate-change-where-every-storm-is-perfect#latest

If relevant: the #latest link takes me to the second post (first reply)
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40955019/#Comment_40955019

For me, it's affecting the D&D Star Wars thread:
    68j06z81y8yv.png

To be fair, there are worse things in life than constantly experiencing Han Solo. But, the #latest link always takes me to the bottom of the first post, and the whole thread remains marked as "unread."

• Options
    edited February 2020
    So, I've noticed that the three threads that regularly read that are permanently unread were all made recently
    February 11th https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234623/satisfactory-fps-factorio-coming-to-steam-soon/p1

February 18th https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234962/pc-games-lumote-taur-lair-of-the-clockwork-god-quantum-league-out-today#latest

February 21st https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/235087/in-which-we-ffwd-thru-the-talky-bits-of-the-movie-thread#latest

All of which were created after the initial posting issue outlined in this thread started. Could they be related?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Oh I guess my issue is captured here, for me it’s d&d chat that is perma unread

poo
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    So, I've noticed that the three threads that regularly read that are permanently unread were all made recently
    February 11th https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234623/satisfactory-fps-factorio-coming-to-steam-soon/p1

February 18th https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234962/pc-games-lumote-taur-lair-of-the-clockwork-god-quantum-league-out-today#latest

February 21st https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/235087/in-which-we-ffwd-thru-the-talky-bits-of-the-movie-thread#latest

All of which were created after the initial posting issue outlined in this thread started. Could they be related?

The Division 2 thread in G&T is doing it for me and that's from April 2019.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I've got the same issue for the bad food thread.

Permanently stuck at all posts unread

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't think the issue is with recently made threads. The movie thread in se++ isn't giving me that issue but I'm still having the problem with the PC and marvel threads.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah it's happening to the Stardew thread in SE++ for me right now. Driving me crazy - it doesn't even take me to the newest page anymore :/

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Yeah I don't think the issue is with recently made threads. The movie thread in se++ isn't giving me that issue but I'm still having the problem with the PC and marvel threads.

Meanwhile, it is doing it to me with the movie thread but no other thread I've been keeping up with (including the Marvel thread)

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    For me it's any thread I post in. My own posts are showing up as being new to me.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Meanwhile, it is doing it to me with the movie thread but no other thread I've been keeping up with (including the Marvel thread)

This just fixed for me. The movie thread was the only one I've experienced the issue with and it's working correctly now

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    This just resolved in the anime thread for me too. Huzzah!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    the SE Jobs thread is the only one I think I'm having problems with currently.

• Options
    It's still acting weird to me.

The affected threads still show up as completely unread, until I post in them at which point they become read... until someone else posts in them and it becomes 100% unread again.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    The Job thread in SE++ just got created, and is being weird with the count of read posts
    It now shows that all the posts are new, and clicking on the title to go to the latest, it goes to the first post in the thread. After clicking in and out a few times, it still shows as though all the posts are brand new and unread, even though there are no new posts.

• Options
    Wair, I think it's fixed. Aside from the one thread I can't think I'd anything to post in yet. It's still fully unread no matter how many times I read it.