As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Even Worse Joke Thread

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Today's entry is competitive:
    I'm taking part in a stair climbing competition. Guess I better step up my game.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    They could try and cheat. Game the step up.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This morning, I thought of a great joke about my vacuum cleaner but after thinking about it all day I'll spare you. I

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    This morning, I thought of a great joke about my vacuum cleaner but after thinking about it all day I'll spare you. I

I could never tell a joke about a vacuum cleaner, I'd be too worried about it sucking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    My vaccuum cleaner is the worst

It just blows

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I’ve invented a true vacuum cleaner

The problem is, it’s going to take trillions of years to clean all the vacuum and by the time it’s finished it will be time to start over.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Wtf

I definitely wrote “it sucked” as the last sentence in my terrible joke.

Wtf?!

• Options
    Today's entry discusses the dangers of work:
    My boss is going to fire the employee with the worst posture. I have a hunch, it might be me.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Wtf

Wtf?!

Nature abhors a vacuum joke.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Wtf

Wtf?!
    Sabotaged by BIG VACUUM!?

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Wtf

Wtf?!
    Sabotaged by BIG VACUUM!?

Just let it die, son.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so a punk, a rabbi, and a tailor walk into a restaurant and they no i cant do this anymore its meaningless all of this is meaningless one day we stop one day everyone stops one day everything stops existence is a cruel joke perpetrated by a cruel and malevolent deity
    the aristocats

• Options
    so a punk, a rabbi, and a tailor walk into a restaurant and they no i cant do this anymore its meaningless all of this is meaningless one day we stop one day everyone stops one day everything stops existence is a cruel joke perpetrated by a cruel and malevolent deity
    the aristocats
    :question:

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Wtf

Wtf?!

Nature abhors a vacuum joke.

Nature sucks.

• Options
    Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Once upon a time in the first half of the twenty-naughts I had a blog of personal ramblings,
    taglined: Vacuum cleaners suck because they blow

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    a vacuum cleaner ate my dick

that's not a pun or joke or anything, I am just very irresponsible with vacuums

• Options

There are a number of vacuum models with shallow inlets that are...infamous, let's just say.

• Options
    It's a recurring plot point in Scary Movie!

It's a misdirect tho, the real mystery of Scary Movie is why you think it had a plot

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    yt2z035em2y1.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    They even got the theory right! Nice

• Options

There are a number of vacuum models with shallow inlets that are...infamous, let's just say.

As a photographer, I should reach out to one of these vacuum models.

• Options
    Today, a story of triumph:
    I was addicted to the hokey pokey...but thankfully I turned myself around.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular

Refresh my memory-- you can tell the key by looking at a half-note below the last sharp? (And D major would be a half note above the last sharp?)

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I wish I had any idea of what those words mean.

Have zero knowledge of music outside of that singing nanny.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    I wish I had any idea of what those words mean.

Have zero knowledge of music outside of that singing nanny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcPsgTE8ksg

I mean, if you've already experienced the absolute apex of human musicality, you don't really need to know more.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

Refresh my memory-- you can tell the key by looking at a half-note below the last sharp? (And D major would be a half note above the last sharp?)

Yeah each sharp adds a semitone under the first note of the scale, so the key of D adds C#.

Then you get to the relative minor by going three semitones down from the first note of the major scale, so

D -> C# -> C -> B

B minor is relative to D major.

For those who aren’t music theory dorks, B minor and D major are the same scales, but they start on different notes (B and D, respectively).

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    KtPnliF.jpg

I'll get the knots ready :twisted:

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Raytracing is the way and the light.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Raytracing is the way and the light.

The introduction of ambient occlusion effects in video games was pretty shady.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

That's for major keys, yes. Go down a whole step from the last sharp for minor. B is a whole step below the last sharp (C#).

For flats, the second to last one is the major key. The minor key is a major 3rd above the last flat or a minor third below the second to last flat. Unless there is only one flat in which case there is no second to last flat. I don't like either of the above methods because they don't teach you anything about the relationship between the keys. It's a shortcut.

A major key and it's relative natural minor both have the same key signature and consequently, the same scale. Better ways to figure out relative keys is counting to a different scale degree (6th of a major scale gives you the relative minor and 3rd of a minor scale gives you the relative major), or using the circle of 5ths (3 towards the sharp side tells you the relative minor and 3 to the flat side tells you the relative major). These methods help with understanding the circle of 5ths and scales. Much more useful.

SirToasty on
  • Options
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    What do you say when Hennessy's twitter starts posting memes?

Silence, brandy.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    When is Friday the 14th more scary than Friday the 13th?
    In February

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    vPlCH0p.png

• Options
    I would like to apologize, Home Depot guy. As someone who has worked retail, I should know better.

Me browsing the table of discounted house numbers, picking up an '9': "Say, do you have any sixes?"
    Home Depot Guy: "Hmm,, let me check..."
    Me flipping the 9 upside down: "Oh, never mind."
    HDG: "Ahhh!"

Poor guy did the got me! look and everything.

• Options
    So, a quick catch up from yesterday:
    On the other hand, you have different fingers.

And today's:
    Skunks love Valentine's Day because they are very scent-imental.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Lawyers recount their "best" pickup lines:
    Are you looking to tender some performance? Cause I’m ready, willing, and sufficient to satisfy.
    Hey girl, are you a bar review class? Because I would pay $3500 for you to talk to me for a short amount of time.
    Are your shareholders liable for your corporate debts? Because I’d like to pierce your veil.
    Are you intro to property law? Because I bet you can make me cry and waste countless hours of my life.
    Girl, I can sustain an objection for almost four hours.
    Westlaw and chill?
    Are you the country residence from Jacob & Youngs v. Kent? Cuz I’m tryna put a pipe in you.
    You must be a long arm statute cause you could grab me anywhere.
    Are you equity, cause I’ll make you come with clean hands.
    Oh baby, I’ll give you so much due process, standing will be the only issue.
    Are you the Court of Appeals because I’m tryna get overturned.
    I’m not in Big Law, but I got a big… Ego and Major Depression, please tell me I’m pretty.
    Is your name Lexis? Because you have everything I’ve been searching for.
    Are you confidential files? Because I’d like to examine you in camera.
    Girl, are you a burden shifting test? Cause what’s that butt for?
    Hi, are you my legal fees? Because you’re way too high and clearly taking advantage of me.
    Damn boy, is your ass Informal Rulemaking under the Administrative Procedure Act? Because I just had to Notice and Comment.
    Are you petitioning for cert? Because you’re appealing to me.
    If you’re Tompkins, I’m the Erie railroad cause I’m crushing on you.
    Something something dictum. Sleep with me.
    Are you a porter for Long Island Railroad? Cause you make my head spin.
    In my advisory opinion, after you see my dicta, you won’t have standing.
    Baby, if you were a contract, you’d be the fine print.

• Options
    This weekend's pun goes out to @Arch and @BugBoy -
    I hate insect puns, they really bug me.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    This weekend's pun goes out to Arch and BugBoy -
    I hate insect puns, they really bug me.

People who get etymology and entomology mixed up bug me in ways I can't put into words.

Edit: batsignals removed

jungleroomx on
This discussion has been closed.