As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Coin Toss

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2020 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Coin Toss

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hey man. do you think the Lego masters is something you just do naturally? To cope with the pressure, Cocaine just ain't gonna cut it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    bsctgodbsctgod Registered User regular
    Beware, I live!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Hey man. do you think the Lego masters is something you just do naturally? To cope with the pressure, Cocaine just ain't gonna cut it.

tumblr_owk8gaMpnI1vmdu4uo1_400.jpg

• Options
    KagatoACKagatoAC Registered User regular
    Seriously me and my mom watched this together and she was totally freaked out by this creature.

• Options
    MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Registered User regular
    The concept for the show looked awesome, but something my gut was telling me to stay away from it for the first few episodes for some reason.

I guess I won't be hosting the show's premier in my den anytime soon.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I don't get the reference in the title here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Maybe it was a coin toss whether or not she actually was on bath salts or just nuts? Only thing I can think of.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Heads: Fight
    Tails: Flight

?

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I watched a little of the episode just to see what this was referencing.

"The bigger the hair, the closer to God."

Even the show's producers clearly wanted to lampshade that she was a little bit 'on bathsalts', else why choose that particular line to highlight? Big Oof.

I also don't know if I'm ready for a show hosted by Will Arnett, after the end of Bojack dropped about five hot minutes ago. I... I need some time.

Zomagic on
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Maybe it was a coin toss whether or not she actually was on bath salts or just nuts? Only thing I can think of.

At first glance of the title I thought it was another Witcher nod.

Based on the description of the woman they are referencing, it could still be a Witcher thing.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    dunnamudunnamu Registered User new member

Based on the description of the woman they are referencing, it could still be a Witcher thing.

It is a Witcher thing. Not everyone can challenge common sense. Takes a special kind of crazy. I admire it on the sly.
    You never know when you'll need to tap into your inner madness to excel. Hopefully, you never have to, ya know? Just keep things nice and easy. Smooth and fine.
    Everything's fine.

• Options
    ScottacusScottacus Registered User new member
    anyone have a link or video of the lady? I did a quick search but came up blank and thought this would be a good place to ask...

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

It is.
    The third panel originally had substantial percentage of Witcher references - nearly one hundred percent, by volume - but the final version of the strip leans more heavily into synthetic cathinones. But then the title stayed? I don’t know. I’m leaving it.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Scottacus wrote: »
    anyone have a link or video of the lady? I did a quick search but came up blank and thought this would be a good place to ask...
    I would also really appreciate a link. I'm missing vital context for this comic strip, it seems.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I think they are talking about this lady.

1n8ei935jqwk.jpeg

• Options
    LazDraconisLazDraconis Registered User new member
    As someone from Missouri, I knew exactly who and what she was the second I saw her.

And then we found out where she was from, and I was not wrong, and I was very very upset that this was the case.

• Options
    ZenigataZenigata Registered User regular
    Yeah, because the world needed yet another reality TV show...so glad I don't have cable anymore.

• Options
    SolventSolvent Econ-artist กรุงเทพมหานครRegistered User regular
    That second panel is terrifying.

I don't know where he got the scorpions, or how he got them into my mattress.

http://newnations.bandcamp.com
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Zenigata wrote: »
    Yeah, because the world needed yet another reality TV show...so glad I don't have cable anymore.

Enh, I feel it depends. Mostly, no. But I'm sure glad they made Strip Search.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I bet the director got hoarse screaming at the contestants for bigger reaction shots.
    Because I don't believe any human would intentionally stretch their face meats into such a contortionist rictus without substantial coaching from an external source.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

It is.
    The third panel originally had substantial percentage of Witcher references - nearly one hundred percent, by volume - but the final version of the strip leans more heavily into synthetic cathinones. But then the title stayed? I don’t know. I’m leaving it.

Okay, good. I'm not crazy. I came in expecting a Witcher comic and got this Lego one instead and was very confused.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm watching the first episode because of this comic, and frankly her smile is the least disturbing face she makes. Because she has the Crazy Eyes(tm), smiling tends to make her eyes less visible, while her other expressions use the wide eyed look.

xszraj6rveq0.png
    18cw2jbv7izc.png
    uc8kzw1hhgev.png
    4ud5502ebzd3.png

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    LieutenantDanLieutenantDan Registered User regular
    Testing my new user photo

• Options
    Giant SloarGiant Sloar Registered User regular
    She'll swallow your soul!

• Options
    DrunkjonDrunkjon Registered User new member
    I'm impressed that she managed to stand out in a show with a grown man in a preschool denim jumper and a flowered Mohawk braid.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Drunkjon wrote: »
    I'm impressed that she managed to stand out in a show with a grown man in a preschool denim jumper and a flowered Mohawk braid.

Pfft. That's old news.

Now show me a grown man with a preschooler in a flowered jumper tied into his braids and we can talk.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I watched the first episode today, and actually kind of enjoyed it. The lumberjack brothers look of "Oh we fucked up," when they realized they had to move their creation back to the starting position and it broke on the way.

Definitely a lot of the usual reality TV magic editing going on, which always kind of ruins the fun of these things for me. Crazy lady's team and one other were made to look like they were still in the planning stages more than half way through, but if you look at the other teams during that visit from the hosts, you'll see another team with nothing on their board either, then two minutes later the hosts are at their table and they've got a head-high mountain with a Lego Yggdrasil growing at its base as if those were just stock blocks you could pick out of the bins.