As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The update preview states that we're going to have the new fairies added to the production pool after the maintenance, and then continuum Turbulence starts on the 12th.
    a login event in preparation for continuum turbulence.

Remember to complete your event dailies event dailies every day for the goodies. They tend to have lots of training data and even some 5* dolls and dorm furniture. Remember that the dorm furniture is part of an ongoing 5* furniture set, so stock up on as much as you can.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Ok,

My id is 967723, I'm Skorg in the game.

How do you know which 5* to focus on building up at the start? I've got a handful and I've not been spending cores on linking them since cores seem kinda slow to get.

So far I've picked up:

Vector
    AK-12
    Thompson
    SAT 8
    Grizzly
    64 Shiki
    QJY-88
    Carcano m1891
    100 Shiki
    K11

Vector seems like an improvement over Skorpion, so I've been using her and UMP-45 in my AR team. The others I can't tell if they're an improvement or not.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    The Girls' Frontline corner has a pretty good guide to which units to focus on: Doll analysis

But just looking over that list quickly, Vector, AK-12, SAT 8 (when you get enough MGs to make her useful) and Grizzly are all top notch units. Vector is near if not at the top of damage for an offtank SMG.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Vector is pretty much your go to Molotov SMG. You almost have the typical meta AR team that most run with. The setup is pretty much.

AN-94 Vector
    M4 UMP45
    ST AR15

You could probably get away with having Sopmod occupy position 7 until you either get AN-94 or Gr11. I'd have to look at four star options, but I think Gr36 is one. Gr41 is another option for that spot in starter squads.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Gr36 is generally considered rarer than most 5 star ARs, so she's not a good replacement for anything. Unless you've been lucky and got her, of course. She is absolutely worth using.

I think that outside the AR squad, 4 star ARs don't offer much.

• Options
    Yeah, forgot that I've been lucky in regards to pulling Gr36. Should have mentioned the whole "she's rare, but if you get her use her for spot 7. Could have sworn we had one or two 4* ARs that are worth using as stop gaps, but maybe not.

• Options
    I think there are some that are at least worth using as stop-gaps, but there are so many good 5 stars that you might as well just use them. Especially since 5 star ARs are the best resource investments early, since you'll be using them for a very long time. And the best ones are either useful for different things as you progress (FAL), or never really fall off (AN-94, G11).

Or at least, when they start to fall off, you're in a place where it doesn't matter, because you've got the replacements ready.

• Options
    Well IIRC all the good 5* ARs have low drop chances, so could be a bit.

I'm curious if we're just getting 3 digimind upgrades because we know what all three of them are at this point. I gather there are only 2 5* t-dolls on the old servers that got a digimind upgrade to 6*. If the silhouette didn't give things away, process of elimination would have, given that the one we're not getting has her mod tied to the story. If we get a forth one, curious to see if it'll be one of the good ones or a dud, that could potentially open up some new options for people just getting into the game because it could turn a stop gap into something you'd want to invest in anyways beyond stopgap needs.

If we only get the three, I guess that frees up combat report use for me because one of the mod options, while I have her, is no where near ready for modding and if they don't give us some freebie fire controls or whatever they are called, it's going to be a few months before anyone mods her, but pretty sure they'll be handing out some freebies.

I wasn't expecting CT on the 12th and I've be dawdling on leveling stuff, so if I have some more discretion with combat reports, could probably get Lee and IWS to where I need them. I've been trying to get Gr36 to 115 without burning combat reports because I might need those for other mods and given how I like to run 0-2, that has resulted in me holding off on those two. I want to run with at least two of the dolls being leveled, having tiles that buff the dps of my draggers.

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    The update preview states that we're going to have the new fairies added to the production pool after the maintenance, and then continuum Turbulence starts on the 12th.

Remember to complete your event dailies event dailies every day for the goodies. They tend to have lots of training data and even some 5* dolls and dorm furniture. Remember that the dorm furniture is part of an ongoing 5* furniture set, so stock up on as much as you can.

y45lws7hke1d.png

• Options
    edited February 2020
    whoops, good catch. I forgot that they start those earlier than the event themselves.
    Mill wrote: »

I wasn't expecting CT on the 12th and I've be dawdling on leveling stuff, so if I have some more discretion with combat reports, could probably get Lee and IWS to where I need them. I've been trying to get Gr36 to 115 without burning combat reports because I might need those for other mods and given how I like to run 0-2, that has resulted in me holding off on those two. I want to run with at least two of the dolls being leveled, having tiles that buff the dps of my draggers.
    Apparently I was overly hasty while I was reading the update preview while on the treadmill at the gym. It's just a login event for CT. IIRC those only precede the event for about a week or so.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Ok,

My id is 967723, I'm Skorg in the game.

How do you know which 5* to focus on building up at the start? I've got a handful and I've not been spending cores on linking them since cores seem kinda slow to get.

So far I've picked up:

Vector
    AK-12
    Thompson
    SAT 8
    Grizzly
    64 Shiki
    QJY-88
    Carcano m1891
    100 Shiki
    K11

Vector seems like an improvement over Skorpion, so I've been using her and UMP-45 in my AR team. The others I can't tell if they're an improvement or not.

I'd put priority on AK-12 since she's a very solid AR. One of the best really. Vector's one of the best offtanks and you nailed the assessment in that she's basically a better Skorpion. That said, in ranking events I deploy a lot of squads and I've deployed Skorpion in some of my squads even though I could have probably trained up duplicate Vectors. I haven't bothered investing in duplicate Vectors since Skorpion, despite being weaker than Vector, still hasn't disappointed me yet. There's also a lot of value in having an offtank that you can feasibly upgrade to 5x links without needing to spend a single core.

What I'm saying is that everything that you invest in Vector is worth it, but don't just mothball Skorpion. She's good enough to keep using in your other teams. Also I have her anniversary gown outfit, which is perfection.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I somehow almost have 3* for BGM and AGS but can't seem to get 2B14 fragments to save my life. Still stuck at 1.7, it's terrible.

Plus side I'm up to 6k mod fragments so NTW should be easy to upgrade.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    For getting S-Rank on most maps, you usually need 2 ARSMG teams. So even outside of ranking, there is value is having enough leveled, trained and linked units to have multiple teams. On that note, this is probably a good time to ask yourself if you want to dupe stuff or not. It's worth asking yourself now because if you think maybe or yes, you'll want to have an idea on what units to mothball because you're a ways out from being able to do it yet. If not, thing get a little easier on the linking front, since any dupe will be saving or getting you cores. Downside to no duping is you need to be aware of a larger list of viable units, since you don't have the option of sticking the same three handguns into all your echelons that need three. Though the compromise on duping that some do, is only handguns and some go as far as machine guns.

Hoping once Mica gets done with rifles. I think the consensus is some are worse now after the rebalance and some are still super useless. Plus, many don't care for the one fix to bamboos that makes them more a pain to use if you have movement or stuns. Anyways, hoping they take a look at all the handguns that are consider crap or mediocre and find a way too boost them. From what I've seen, duping doesn't result in an insurmountable age, think some no dupers go into the top 100. Just that it would be nice if more of the guns were even more viable, even if that comes at the expense of making having dupes less worthwhile. Granted, I'm the person that plans on collecting and leveling a copy of every t-doll. So some of that is a little self-serving, in that I'd like to see some solid returns on that little endeavor, rather than have numerous t-dolls that get leveled, linked and if things permit trained in skills, while essentially gathering dust in my command center afterwards.

Also after some thought and look at 4-4N, probably will hit that chapter up when I need night missions for intel quests or to finish up the two armor kill weekly quests. It's not close to be as efficient as 1-4N and it's not nearly as easy to drag low levels through for exp, while also not be great for high levels. Though I haven't pulled out the chart on diminishing returns, so maybe lvl 90s aren't hitting that there. It does have a decent enough amount of armor to make worth visiting if one doesn't have UMP5's SPEQ and at some point, given that she is supposed to be useful, it's probably worth hitting that map for a chance at it, while getting other stuff done. Plus, it's not terrible to full clear unlike 3-4N.

• Options
    I decided to finally farm MP5's exo from 4-4N yesterday. Instead of a full clear, I just spawned squads at both helipads and then flung the northern squad straight at the Manticore due west of it. Then restart the mission once the manticore was defeated. Way faster than full clearing the map.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    unknown.png?width=909&height=570

nice, got Combo on my first batch of .5/2/2/1k recipes so i can drop back to .5k x4 to fish for a Twin

• Options
    No sign of the combo fairy for me, and my resources aren't in very hot shape right now. I did find a barrier fairy though. I'm probably going to need to postpone my fairy hunt until after CT.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Well IDW is the forth mod we're getting. I'll be getting all my guns modded if the option is available, when resources and time permit. I mean even the worse mods can be raised to 120 eventually for both logistics and expedition boosts and they might be worth using if they are advantaged in theatre when we get that.

I need to see what the consensus is on NTW since she might be worth raising. Though she isn't a priority given that I need other stuff up to par. Though with IDW being on the low scale, I might actually have enough reports to raise her if I need to. Just need to make sure I have enough to get UMP45 to mod one, enough to get SOPMOD to at least mod two. Mod three will happen, but UMP45's second skill is questionable on value, so if you have to triage, the biggest bang per buck with her mod is mod 1.

• Options
    My main thing is that I'm short on cores. I keep getting more cores, but I spend them on fairy crafting.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Looks like there's going to be another speed run event taking place during the story event. The participation prizes look pretty juicy. Gem prizes are handed out to the top 50. More details can be found on both the official GFL discord and the Girls Frontline Corner discord.

s68xdaypyquk.png

ecrpdf67gu2h.png

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GirlsFrontlineE/status/1227945967090974721

Oof, I should have followed my advice and saved up closer to my sample cap. HOC rate up next week. I got greedy and spent my samples in prep for CT since I assumed that we'd at least get a monthly roadmap's worth of forewarning.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    To be fair, they didn't even give us a week's worth of heads up. Guess I'll be spending some batteries on my storage, since I know my pure sample income will surpass my storage capacity within a two days and that's not counting bonus drops from the basecamp.

• Options
    I think that some of the level clear rewards in CT are supposed to be HOC data, so it may be prudent to try to rush those before the rate up period concludes.

I've been lucky enough for my AGS to rank up to 3*. I'm torn between trying to push BGM to 3* or AGS to 4*. I'm leaning towards BGM to 3* since I think that may be more realistic. Also I want the best antu-gundam firepower that I can get since my fairies still aren't 5*. I have a few 4* fairies though.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Currently, the freebie HOC is at 3*, and the other two are at 2*. If the HoC event goes good for me, might have some 4* HoCs for the ranking map. I'll have all three to at least lvl 60 before doing the ranking map. Just need to get three more levels on one. Then figure out which one I should take to 80 first, which is going to take a very long time. ><

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    About 50 tries and no combo fairy. Tis truly an unjust world.

Plenty of warrior and airstrike fairies so I guess I have that going for me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Continuum Turbulence starts tomorrow. Remember that you've got about a month to complete the event, so there's no rush to get it done right away. There's no need to grind out the limited drop dolls in one play session. Plenty of time to play through at your own pace and chip away at it a bit each day. Just make sure that you get your daily lootboxes each day since those are jam packed full of goodies and potentially some rare 5* dolls like AA-12 and Grape. My fingers are crossed that whoever doesn't have Grape manages to snag a copy or two from these boxes. For those who don't know, Carcano M91/38, aka "Grape" or "Purple", is one of the best rifles for defeating Elite non-boss enemies and is a centerpiece of many of teams that farm cores cheaply from 10-4E.

IMO, the only thing worth rushing for is if you intend to be super-serious about the ranking map. In that case you will bound to an extent by the regeneration rate of your fairy commands, so ranking earlier will give you a greater window to run the ranking map more often to try your luck for better scores.

Here's a dump of the various loot that you may be able to get from CT. Of note, Groza is making a return with CT as a map limited drop. She's the highest DPS AR in night battles, so if you don't have a copy of her already then you may want to consider farming a copy of her over the course of the event.

zzflnnpanrz1.jpg

6z5j8liux7kj.jpg

53d1qeldcp45.jpg

i9ntt9pwydzi.jpg

zrc7tikuwnbp.jpg

sw5ga219dtqr.jpg

qs71g59s1mn8.jpg

ur2aj8ch8h58.jpg

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Here's hoping I get grape out of the boxes, since she doesn't want to get crafted. Also really glad that of the returning drops, I only need the AR. Downside is the design for that character is pretty cringe, but I'll deal since I'm trying to complete the pokedex. Though this invent will force me to by more roster space. I should have Lee 90 tomorrow. Not sure if I'll have to bust out report for IWS, assuming I need her for the ranking map. I'd probably have both to 90 at this point, but been busy with Arknights event.

• Options
    I've slowly leveled up a bunch of dolls for potential use in this event. There's a couple I'll need to drop reports on to get them ready, but I think I'll hold off on most for a week.

Specifically, I'll be dumping reports on Lee and Groza to be good to go.

• Options
    unknown.png?width=1062&height=555
    unknown.png?width=1062&height=551

finally under cap for neural frags since like december

• Options
    It sounds like they reworked how to earn crates, and you've gotta farm boss battles to do it. So you want to rush to that first boss battle at least. Gotta get those loot boxes.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Blah64Blah64 Registered User regular
    I forgot how events take so much dedicated focus time.. I can't just run it in the background like 0-2 grinding.

• Options
    Well you do get about a month to do it. So just try to rush far enough in the event to farm your daily chests, and then start chipping away at the content at a more comfortable pace.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Not really thrill with some of the design choices so far. I'd rather be allowed to just pick the quickest and/or cheapest stage for crate farming over having to farm a boss over and over again. Backtrack mechanic is just a dumb fucking mechanic that adds some needless confusion at the start. Couldn't the devs just been happy with a setup that forces me to go back to a previous stage and achieve the clear objective I didn't take the last time I ran it? Apparently, you have to hit the stupid backtrack bottom before doing that.

• Options
    I cleared my way to the first boss last night. The story is hitting me in the feels right now. Poor sopmod 2.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    The branching paths definitely adds to the story for me. I can feel Soppo's confusion over what is happening and what actions to take.

• Options
    I like that the backtrack mechanic is framed as the commander lying his ass off, then getting caught in it.

• Options
    Thoughts on Sopmod, it's pretty good for 0-2 farming. The 2nd skill at level one already gives a big boost in her dragging ability. Can't wait to see how quickly packs get cleared out when it's maxed.

That said, for some reason she is still stuck with her unmodded sprite, which is a travesty. M4 gets a new sprite, so she should as well.

Also IDW is terrible, I figured "hey, still leveling IWS and got Lee to 90. I'll put IDW in because that will get two damage buffers for my AR dragger." IDW doesn't provide damage, she just provides evasion . . .

• Options
    I kind of wonder if we'll eventually see enemies that target our back line like our rifles target theirs. That would give a bit more value to evasion boosting tiles.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i've been poking around at this game because i was looking for something to kill time with at work, and it seems ok, but i don't understand the event at all.

what am i supposed to do to get the supply crates the game yells at me about every time i login? it seems i'm supposed to kill... something? in the event missions but i can't figure out what.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i've been poking around at this game because i was looking for something to kill time with at work, and it seems ok, but i don't understand the event at all.

what am i supposed to do to get the supply crates the game yells at me about every time i login? it seems i'm supposed to kill... something? in the event missions but i can't figure out what.

Gotta kill bosses.
    Mill wrote: »
    Thoughts on Sopmod, it's pretty good for 0-2 farming. The 2nd skill at level one already gives a big boost in her dragging ability. Can't wait to see how quickly packs get cleared out when it's maxed.

That said, for some reason she is still stuck with her unmodded sprite, which is a travesty. M4 gets a new sprite, so she should as well.

Also IDW is terrible, I figured "hey, still leveling IWS and got Lee to 90. I'll put IDW in because that will get two damage buffers for my AR dragger." IDW doesn't provide damage, she just provides evasion . . .

I am working on an IDW mod just because of the memes.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    How do I tell what maps have bosses?

aeNqQM9.jpg