As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragalia Lost] Alliance vs Dragon Trials

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Got Sarisse with this mornings 10 pull from the free 1200 wyrmite this morning. I thought I wasnt going to get her. Got Fatalis early but no zerk or dk rath. And I am ok with that.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Was plinking singles into the first banner to build pity before a ten pull to try and nab Vanessa. Fatalis #5 for MUB and Cupid.

Fair enough game, I'll stop trying.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I should really stop farming this event. I'm already on blazon box 26 and there's still days to go. I also find it funny that they held back the Omega difficulty raid for so long, and it turned out to be a cakewalk compared to the Dreadking Trials that they already released.

Cururu on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Yeah I get that it's a limited time collab, and presumably the MH IP attracted some new players and they want the time to get them to catch up so they can try some of the harder parts of the event... but this event is what, like 18-20 days long? Way too long. I'm starting to consider skipping the 40 augments each day because the 2/day Trials are just such a hassle.

• Options
    I just jump into coop for those because those things are rare and 20 of two every day means a fully upgraded Adventurer or Wyrmprint every five days. Can't beat that!

Double stamina regeneration is over now at least though. Spent so much time autoing Rathalos

• Options
    I was just soloing the Trials with my fire team, for the most part, since they are almost at 30k might thanks to all of the Chimeratech gear. With the double stamina bonus going on it was a good way to spend some of that each day.

I'm hoping they release the next batch of Chimeratech weapons soon. It would be nice to not have to rely on my fire team as much.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Honestly at this point I am convinced the MH banners just hate me. I dunno how many times I have to pull on the first one and get absolute garbage. I spent the free 1200 they gave us on it, not even a 5* :/ The next pull is probably pity rated guaranteed 5* but watch it be something dumb. That's assuming I get enough for another 10 pull before it ends.

I just want Berserker :>-<

(I kinda want fancy Rathalos too but I care about the characters way more than the dragons and I already got Sarisse on that banner)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Same boat. The Sarisse banner went all the way to like 8% or something before I got a rainbow. Then today I scrounged back up to 1200 for another try. Between that and the free 1200 they just gave out, I got to 6.5% again before another Dreadking Rathanos. My water team sucks; Sarisse would have been really helpful :(

• Options
    Honestly I should just take my Vanessa and Sarisse and go home happy but I don't know if they are gonna rerun these in the future. They still haven't done the Fire Emblem one again :( (which I did get everyone on but I still feel bad for people who have been wanting characters from that). I have a feeling something amazing will come next and I'll just be sad :( (I'm assuming next one is something Valentine's)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Oooohhh my god this game loves to troll! Did a last desperation pull with the free wyrmite and had two rainbows. A katana and a bow! A BOW!

Dupe Victor and dupe Laranoa.

But then the gold bow at the end upgraded to Sarisse and I'm so happy!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Realized I had a summon ticket I didn't use yet (maintenence interrupted me last night) so threw it up there.. "Oh a rainbow!.... Well, it's a dragon... Ok, Fatalis would be fine... FUCK YOU CUPID I HATE YOU"

I give up. Screw you banner, you suck.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    I'm not getting Sarisse at this point, sadly.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For real though this has been the worst collaboration they've done because of the banner structure

Even if I eventually got SOME of what I wanted, fuck this event

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    what is the point of this mercurial dragon fight?

I can't tell if it's supposed to work like a gauntlet or just a random dps check loot spot but i've gone from lvl 1-8 so far on auto

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

I can't tell if it's supposed to work like a gauntlet or just a random dps check loot spot but i've gone from lvl 1-8 so far on auto

DPS Check Monthly Loot thing

• Options
    It doesn't look like there will be more free summons, so I used the free wyrmite as an excuse to pull again. Nothing from that pull, but the 5* rate was up to 6%, so I pulled again. Two rainbows this time, a dragon and a bow. The dragon was the DK Rathalos that I was looking for and the bow was ... a dupe Nepharia. The game likes to troll. Oh well, at least I got the dragon. It's not worth it to keep trying for Sarisse at this point, and my water team is already pretty good (Gala Elly, Lily, Fjorm, and Nurse Aeleen).

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Maddoc wrote: »

DPS Check Monthly Loot thing

Yeah. Try to get as far as you can and you get a bunch of free stuff each month the further you get. Nice thing is you only need to beat each round once and you're locked in - you don't have to keep doing it over every month. So if you just *barely* win Fire lvl 50 or something, you're always locked in as having gotten that far in Fire.

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Well, I found a very patient PUG group last weekend that helped me learn the master Brunhilda fight, allowing me to craft my first HDT2. I used that to brute force my way through enough Master Mids to get my second HDT2 today. Hopefully this weekend I can take Victor through Master Mercury and close the loop on a third.

Learning the master dragons and building the muscle memory is such a slog, especially without having an HDT2 to get you past might gates and into competent rooms. I haven’t even touched Expert Volk yet.

• Options
    Rolled for the new dragon, got the new dragon in two multis. I'm done, don't need anyone on this banner.

• Options
    Hey I just figured out dragons can eat dragons for xp... I had hit the inventory cap on them even with fairly active unbinding efforts

• Options
    You can also sell them for eldwater.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    @Russad umm, I 100% did not know that. This explains a lot......

• Options
    edited February 2020
    With the Valintine's event comes the return of two of the most annoying limited endeavors:
    Defeat a Valentine's Slime
    Defeat a Choco Golem

For those of you who were not around the last time this event came up, both of those are enemies that appear at random, and the one you get depends on the difficulty level of the mission. The best way to get them is to keep re-running the wind elemental ruins (Expert for Choco Golem, Beginner for Valentine's Slime) until you run into them (they will be in the corridor between the two open fight areas). They are both always wind element, which is why I recommend the wind ruins since you'll be running a fire team. Alternatively, if you need to maximize stamina, you can run the mission until you get the corridor and then quit if you don't run into one.

Cururu on
  • Options
    If you're swimming in excess moonstones like I am, you can MUB an unneeded 4* dragon for extra water, too.

• Options
    I sure wish I had wyrmite to pull on this new banner :/

• Options
    edited February 2020
    The new Melody looks potentially useful. She has a non-standard co-ability for an axe user, which means you could potentially run two different axe users on your wind team without conflicting, which is nice. But I'm not sure I'm going to pull much on this banner after spending so much on the last two. I did one 10 pull, but didn't get anything, and I may just leave it at that.

Cururu on
  • Options
    My pity rate on the first MH banner got as high as 9.5% so I figured I'd pull one more time. Broke pity with a dupe Arctos.

Wat.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    My pity rate on the first MH banner got as high as 9.5% so I figured I'd pull one more time. Broke pity with a dupe Arctos.

Wat.

The Monster Hunter banners were some of the worst I think they've done. You shouldn't be mixing common ass shit with limited time units on the focus -_-

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Wat.

The Monster Hunter banners were some of the worst I think they've done. You shouldn't be mixing common ass shit with limited time units on the focus -_-

Yeah I’m ok with adding older units to the focus on standard banners. But not on Limited ones.

• Options

Wat.

Yeah I’m ok with adding older units to the focus on standard banners. But not on Limited ones.

Yeah that's the big issue. I mean, we have yet to see a repeat of the Fire Emblem banner and it's been like a year now (and that one WAS only Fire Emblem focus characters.. not to mention they ran a platinum showcase so you could get a guaranteed Fire Emblem character if you wanted to pay some money). Who knows when these are coming back, if ever. I wasted so much wyrmite trying to get the limited characters and ended up with a bazillion copies of Cupid. That's ridiculous.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    And splitting them between banners definitely didn't help with the rates either.

• Options
    Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I saw on reddit those units weren't competing with the MH units. Seems like the game rolls first to see if you got one of the limited units. If no, then it checked against the remainder of the pool. It just meant that if you didn't get the limited dragon, you were more likely to get Cupid than Poseidon.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Russad wrote: »
    Take it with a grain of salt, but from what I saw on reddit those units weren't competing with the MH units. Seems like the game rolls first to see if you got one of the limited units. If no, then it checked against the remainder of the pool. It just meant that if you didn't get the limited dragon, you were more likely to get Cupid than Poseidon.

Tell that to the six Cupids I pulled :/ I don't see any way this is true given my experience (and it sounds like a lot of other people had the same issue). I think I got two limited characters out of maybe 12 5*s or something across the two banners (I got a shit ton of non limited stuff... I don't even remember it all because most of them were dupe characters that just got melted into eldwater.. I know I at least pulled one or two Heinwalds...)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Russad wrote: »

Tell that to the six Cupids I pulled :/ I don't see any way this is true given my experience (and it sounds like a lot of other people had the same issue). I think I got two limited characters out of maybe 12 5*s or something across the two banners (I got a shit ton of non limited stuff... I don't even remember it all because most of them were dupe characters that just got melted into eldwater.. I know I at least pulled one or two Heinwalds...)

That just affirms the RNG though.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    How's Hunter Sarisse compare against Laranoa? I want to know if I should try for her or not when I already have Laranoa.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    How's Hunter Sarisse compare against Laranoa? I want to know if I should try for her or not when I already have Laranoa.

Top Water DPS by a country mile. Yes, even above Lily.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »

Top Water DPS by a country mile. Yes, even above Lily.

Also she's a very weird bow character. The way her force strikes charge and fire is completely different from anyone else, and it makes her a lot of fun to play.

• Options
    Oh woah I managed to beat the first tier of trial in the mh event and I got 2 5* weapons and one of them being the fire sword is a huge upgrade with me using the prince.

I feel like I picked a good time to start for new player experience heh

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i got V. Addis, who is super cool.

then i went another hundred pulls into the valentine's banner looking for the dragon, but got two dupe V.Hildegardes instead.
    i have given up on that dragon, he is dead to me. i'm going to run shinobi or marishiten instead, both of which i already have.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Bah, I spent my last 20 single tickets trying to up my rate for MH pt 2 to get Sarisse and then a 5* popped on the 20th one, which was V. Hildegarde (new, luckily) and then I realized after popping out of the summons thing I was on the Valentine's showcase, so I guess it worked out in the end sorta. Now to see how many pulls without single ticket prep I need to get Sarisse

This discussion has been closed.