As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Big Preview Tomorrow!

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Lots of people are even expecting Russ returning as a new Primarch model, and despite my low opinion of Wolfy-wolf Wolves aesthetics, I've got to admit that would be pretty cool.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    If they do that I hope Ghaz is getting to primarch level, too.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ghaz we know is getting a new model. Hoping he gets a new sheet to go with it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    That would be pretty rad. Russ vs Beast-mode Ghaz?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    That would be pretty rad. Russ vs Beast-mode Ghaz?

As someone with an ork army and a newly acquired wolves army, this would please me greatly

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    Lots of people are even expecting Russ returning as a new Primarch model, and despite my low opinion of Wolfy-wolf Wolves aesthetics, I've got to admit that would be pretty cool.

I feel we are more likely to get either Jaghatai Khan or Vulkan because one is on a treasure hunt the other is in the webway somewhere.
    I feel Russ and Lion El'Jonson are linked in various ways. Still Leman would be cool to see since his lore is half truths and rumors since the heresy

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I feel we are more likely to get either Jaghatai Khan or Vulkan because one is on a treasure hunt the other is in the webway somewhere.
    I feel Russ and Lion El'Jonson are linked in various ways. Still Leman would be cool to see since his lore is half truths and rumors since the heresy

Russ went into the Eye and the Eye just busted open

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    PrimOrk sized Ghaz would be the thing that made me finally get serious about painting my Ork army.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular

One of the big tragedies that caused the Heresy is that Russ was never able to connect to several of his brothers, namely Angron, El'Johnson and Magnus, despite being very similar to them.

On models, his current FW model (remember that every Primarch has one) is still very decent:
    99560101535_LemanRuss01.jpg

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »

One of the big tragedies that caused the Heresy is that Russ was never able to connect to several of his brothers, namely Angron, El'Johnson and Magnus, despite being very similar to them.

On models, his current FW model (remember that every Primarch has one) is still very decent:
    99560101535_LemanRuss01.jpg

They're still missing two Primarch models, sadly: The Khan and The Lion. Which one looks better will absolutely decide which is going to be my second Loyalist legion.

Also, in Russ' defense, nobody could fucking connect to The Lion because he was secret-keeping goose who didn't connect with fucking anyone. I mean, fuck, Angron connected with Lorgar better than El'Johnson did.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Russ went into the Eye and the Eye just busted open

so did the khan!

also the lion is fully healed and just ready to wake up

edited February 2020
    wait, jaggatai went to commoragh didn't he?

EDIT: yeah, it was corrax that is in the warp hunting the traitor primarchs and is now a living shadow that can turn into a swarm of ravens that eat ceramite armor

PiptheFair on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anytime there is something involving Space Wolves people immediately start saying Russ is coming.

I'm pretty sure it will never happen.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    It would be funny if the Veiled Path whom help keep Vect in power and play other world breaking games get Jaggatai to follow them into the webway and release him to the imperium once more that and Vulkan being found I feel are where the psychic awakening is going in one story

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Anytime there is something involving Space Wolves people immediately start saying Russ is coming.

I'm going to be surprised if we don't eventually see all of the Primarchs in 40k, in one way or another. I'm actually a bit shocked we've not seen another one since Guilliman/Magnus/Mortarion.

zqkxrh9zyjab.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/11/enter-the-house-of-chainsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/
    Reading the article I feel sadly this is like when I last played 40k as you need to get the book even though you don't own the gang to make sure people are not meta gaming or cheating

Stragint wrote: »

I mean, nobody thought any of the traitors would get rules or models

and then rowboat also happened and basically kicked off Actual Story Progression

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Vulkan is still kicking around in the Beast arises series, which isn't too far back from modern 40k, so it wouldn't be a stretch for him to pop up.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    zqkxrh9zyjab.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/11/enter-the-house-of-chainsgw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-2/
    Reading the article I feel sadly this is like when I last played 40k as you need to get the book even though you don't own the gang to make sure people are not meta gaming or cheating

While I would never suggest that you pirate the books…

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Khraul wrote: »
    Vulkan is still kicking around in the Beast arises series, which isn't too far back from modern 40k, so it wouldn't be a stretch for him to pop up.

the lion is fully healed and just taking a power nap until dad tells him it's time for school
    russ is probably alive and with the 13th, and GW can't still nudge nudge wink winking about it
    corrax is a horrifying non-chaos crow daemon that might show up now that his shitty brothers are out of the eye
    the khan is doing sick bike jumps in the webway
    only dorn's hand was recovered and GW has made that also abundantly clear
    vulkan fucks off at the end of the Beast and promises to come back after he gets some smokes(it's a joke about absent fathers and also fire(did you know salamanders like fire????))
    mannus is very extremely dead, butt bile keeps cloning him cause fulgrim wants his bestest buddy to turn traitor

the lion makes the most sense to return, but many of them are possible

also lorgar or fulgrim are next to come back for chaos as they've both been very active and super salty that rowboat is back

Russ might be the new plastic sisters joke. Or that is still "plastic aspect warriors."

Also I am still edging on Daemon Primarch Russ. Because that would be perfect to me.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    My bet is he'll absolutely be a daemon primarch, but none of the spacewolves will bat an eye. That's just his wolfy nature! What are you talking about mutations? ppffft, get outa here, he was always hairy!

website_header.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    If they go any further with imperial demons we're likely to see an inperial demon prince primarch and russ isnt a bad option.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    4 virtues to rival the flavors of chaos? Russ could be the heroic counter to Angron (fighting spirit?), what would some others be?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    If they go any further with imperial demons we're likely to see an inperial demon prince primarch and russ isnt a bad option.

Sanguinius feels like the obvious candidate there.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with my Space Wolves falling to Chaos. Don't really having anything painted except for the set if Space Marines Heroes series 1 models I have and the models that came painted from the big ass lot I bought. Not many were painted.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Imperial daemons should be just as evil as chaos daemons.

website_header.jpg
    4 virtues to rival the flavors of chaos? Russ could be the heroic counter to Angron (fighting spirit?), what would some others be?

If I had to bet money, I think the four classic founding chapters - Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves - will be the first to get their primarchs. They've always been the most well supported marine factions and I don't see why that isn't going to extend to primarchs, barring the minor wrinkle of Sanguinius' death being a major plot point for the setting.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Sanguinius feels like the obvious candidate there.

Let Space Jesus be dead. If they just bring him back, that's really gonna chap my ass since his willing sacrifice is really played up in the 30k lore. Like, knowing he's gonna die and just be dead and going through with it anyway is pretty admirable and moving and if they bring him back it's just like, "Welp, that didn't fucking matter!"

If I had to bet money, I think the four classic founding chapters - Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves - will be the first to get their primarchs. They've always been the most well supported marine factions and I don't see why that isn't going to extend to primarchs, barring the minor wrinkle of Sanguinius' death being a major plot point for the setting.

I am just not sure about BA. I mean the Sanguinor is basically Imperial Daemon Sanguinius already just not at primarch stats,

DA and SW make sense. I think Khan might be up there as well.

Also for Chaos we know that the last two gods primarchs are just kind of waiting. Fulgrim has been seen and pops up in a lot of current lore. Angron is basically a bloodthirster anyway so he can pop up places as well.

Though I would actually like Portubo more than Angron. I think he would be more interesting. Or Logar. I bet you could do a Logar using Morathi style rules. Starts as kind of a humble priest and then blows up into a primarch prince of chaos undivided. That would be neat.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Model greater imperial demons on sanguinus and leave the guy himself dead

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    sanguinius is incredibly dead

he is not coming back

also, celestine is essentially an imperial daemon

Mazzyx wrote: »

I am just not sure about BA. I mean the Sanguinor is basically Imperial Daemon Sanguinius already just not at primarch stats,

DA and SW make sense. I think Khan might be up there as well.

Also for Chaos we know that the last two gods primarchs are just kind of waiting. Fulgrim has been seen and pops up in a lot of current lore. Angron is basically a bloodthirster anyway so he can pop up places as well.

Though I would actually like Portubo more than Angron. I think he would be more interesting. Or Logar. I bet you could do a Logar using Morathi style rules. Starts as kind of a humble priest and then blows up into a primarch prince of chaos undivided. That would be neat.

If we're going with the 4 opposing Primarchs theory, I'd go with The Lion (foil to Angron with nobility), The Khan (to fight Fulgrim with meth speed), Girlyman (as a counter to Mortarion, what with his optimism and all that), and Dorn (to counter Magnus because Dorn doesn't change for shit) as the Big 4.

That being said, I don't think the Imperium lends itself to being broken into neat little pieces like Chaos has been since there's only one God Emperor and he was kind of a dick.

PiptheFair wrote: »

he is not coming back

I think shes more like a super psyker? She doesnt disappear when the Cadian pylons turn on, she just loses her powers.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

he is not coming back

I think shes more like a super psyker? She doesnt disappear when the Cadian pylons turn on, she just loses her powers.

she has died multiple times and just kinda shows back up later

he is not coming back

she has died multiple times and just kinda shows back up later

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They'll probably clear this up in the next 20-30 years

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Gathering Storm had a little segment from her Point of View chilling in the warp in between battles. She lives in the warp and is summoned by Imperial prayers, as a big fan of Celestine I have no problem saying she's an Imperial Daemon Prince and only wish GW would make generic Daemon Princes Living Saints an HQ option for Sisters.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    ...the Silent King, though......:(

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    ...the Silent King, though......:(

you mean sanduinius' second biggest fan???

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Gathering Storm had a little segment from her Point of View chilling in the warp in between battles. She lives in the warp and is summoned by Imperial prayers, as a big fan of Celestine I have no problem saying she's an Imperial Daemon Prince and only wish GW would make generic Daemon Princes Living Saints an HQ option for Sisters.

She straight up has the deamon keyword doesn’t she?

Norgoth on