As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    My issue with him (i was playing ez) was that at one point he was hitting the whole wave with his autos. The projectile would spread after the first target and spread. Hitting me and minion waves in the back. It hurt like hell and slowed. There was no way to punish him for doing this.

The slow part was his Q with flame thrower and having Gravitum as the off hand.

The auto attack hitting main target and AOEing is the basic attack of the flame thrower. It hits the target you right click and then spreads. It is high damage if you're going to just stand in the wave.

To avoid it, do not stand in the minion wave, and take shots at him from the sides of it. It is not long range, and he has 0 mobility.

You're ez. You out range him by a mile (though he will shove you in for sure with it). You gotta poke him out there while he tries to wave clear, or you'll just sit under your tower until flame thrower is down, and then you can contest him more easily on the next wave. Depends on your support.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Ezreal is one of my (and my wife's) favorite champs to play, but the poor boy isn't in a great spot right now. I don't know that just a bit of a Mana buff is going to help him out an awful lot.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Play a couple games of Aphelios and it will be fine. I don't like complicated champions but he's fine to play because fundamentally he is an immobile adc.

My only problem with him is that while his little hp bar clearly shows what weapon he has equipped, it does not show his current backup weapon--when you are not playing as him, you can only read the backup weapon from his in-game model. That's SO DUMB. You could so easily have a second small icon or a ring of the second weapon's color--why do they not do this! (e.g., for when he has flamethrower active with chakram backup, show the blue flame icon and then surround it with a white circle. Probably make the graviton color a lighter purple for more distinct visual and the blue darker.)
    And it's not always the same backup gun for each primary gun cause you can hold on to any one gun forever--I often end up keeping the graviton on my offhand because I keep thinking I'm going to make bigbrain plays to set up ganks (...but I never do...)

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    As a wrestling fan it's pretty cool seeing sett in game and the casters calling his ultimate the RKO

• gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    On LEC:
    HOLY SMOKES! the G2 team fite/tower dive V. Vitality is ill. Minute 13 G2 V. ViT

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    On LEC:
    HOLY SMOKES! the G2 team fite/tower dive V. Vitality is ill. Minute 13 G2 V. ViT

Jankos goes over tha play in the postgame interview, worth listening to.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    On LEC:

Top lane Soraka is coming to ruin all of our solo queue games.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Jokes on them, most of my solo queue games are ruined already so a top lane Soraka is just icing on the cake really.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    RickRude wrote: »
    As a wrestling fan it's pretty cool seeing sett in game and the casters calling his ultimate the RKO

If they don't make a pro wrestling skin for Sett, it will be a crime.

Rengar top in lec. FNC vs Sk

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Rengar top in lec. FNC vs Sk

Bwipo just like Rengar top, he played it at worlds vs FPX.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I ran into my first Vayne top (with flash/heal) a couple days ago. I'm still playing below my elo so I did really well early, think I was 3-1 with all 3 being solo kills.

Then Vayne got cutlass and between her ult, slow, condemn and summoners I lost the next 1v1. Didn't even try to 1v1 after that because I knew she would just continue scaling.

So that was miserable. And since I bought tabis to try and keep my 1v1 advantage I got cc locked her in teamfights and we lost.

Ugh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    God help us!

H9f4bVe.png
    I want to clash but it never works out. Being a 1 trick probably wouldn't help the team much either .

Has top lane Soraka lost a game at all today?

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Soraka is so strong she can even carry CLG to a win.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    Has top lane Soraka lost a game at all today?

This may be the greatest of metas.

I’ve heard rumors that Sona top is legit right now too. I may... need to go test this.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    I mean, I heard a lot of top laners complaining that it felt like top had no impact on the game. The Sona/Soraka roam with the jungle strat sure as hell has some impact! Too bad Riot already has it on the chopping block.

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Top does feel like an island right now in the normal meta and could probably use some tweaking

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    So thankful for lcs and YouTube on my phone right now. At my in laws catching up. Between lcs and pot it's keeping me sane

edited February 2020
    So clash. I'm a karthus one trick in gold, top and mid. Also kind of know vlad, gangplank, gailo, and a few others. Would love to try clash and be on coms

RickRude on
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    qd0rc96tothk.jpg

FINALLY

thank you riot I have only been yelling about this since Aphelios was released
    champion is now fully readable

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    I'm sad C9 looks better without sneaky. I really like sneaky. He's not the greatest, he just seems like a really good guy who enjoys the game. And I'm not ashamed to admit it as a hetro dude, he looks hot in his cosplays.

C9 is looking fantastic, and yeah I'm sad to see Sneaky off the stage, but the couple of times I've tuned into his stream recently he looks like he's having a blast.

Now TL and Doublelift on the other hand...they have *got* to stop putting the poor guy on Senna. He has been very vocal about not liking the champ, and his performance on her shows it.

I managed to scrounge together the 2200 event tokens needed to get the Louis Vuitton Senna skin. I am overly pleased about this.

I super want that skin, but trying to figure out how to get it is about as clear as something super opaque.

I super want that skin, but trying to figure out how to get it is about as clear as something super opaque.

Ok, so you buy it with the 2020 Prestige Points (because a currency that expires each year is a great idea). You earn these points via the Event Pass. Through completing the pass missions you can get up to 25 2020 Prestige Points. With 2200 Event Tokens however, you can buy 100 2020 Prestige Points. That 100 points will get you the skin.

I'm torn on seeing karthus in the meta. On one hand I love seeing my main played, on the other , last time he saw play he got nerfed.

edited February 2020
    Sprout wrote: »

Ok, so you buy it with the 2020 Prestige Points (because a currency that expires each year is a great idea). You earn these points via the Event Pass. Through completing the pass missions you can get up to 25 2020 Prestige Points. With 2200 Event Tokens however, you can buy 100 2020 Prestige Points. That 100 points will get you the skin.

Why thank you, kind Sprout!

R-dem on
    Singed came out today too. Haven't seen him in forever .

The timing window makes this almost impossible but I was wondering today, does rift herald get baron buffed when you have it?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    The timing window makes this almost impossible but I was wondering today, does rift herald get baron buffed when you have it?

no.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Tcheldor wrote: »

no.

Damn. A Barron buffed rift herald sounded hilarious in my mind.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I was watching Riste play some Garen as part of a team in a few Twitch Rivals scrimmages and it was painful to watch. He was playing against a Fiora by some streamer named Adrien? I'm not familiar. Well, Garen is at a disadvantage already in the match up, and the Jungler on Riste's team (Marco1?) apparently just plays Teemo jungle which didn't seem to do them any favors. The really frustrating part was watching Riste just feed continuously. Like, I watch his solo-queue stream regularly and he doesn't do that. In fact he's usually overly cautious. I just can't imagine why he felt the need to make plays happen into a champ that snowballs as easily as Fiora does. The really heartbreaking part was how well the opposing team denied him the ability to farm: he didn't have an item completed at 20 minutes :(

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    So I guess clash is this weekend. I'd like to try it out, have the baby most of saturday, probably free saturday night (pacific time) Free all day sunday though as the gf is taking the baby out. I'm mostly a karthus one trick and probably won't be the best, not looking to win, just try it out and have some fun.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Man, I got flamed hard for two games in a row last night, and for the first time in a while it got to me. I think because I didn't even play poorly! People just were assholes. Sigh.

First game I was Fiora against Soraka top who had barrier/flash. Blew her sums several times but never got a solo kill due to their jungle being top a lot and her being, well, Soraka. I rushed executioners which in hindsight I think I should have saved it for after completing Trinity to have a better early power spike. Came out of lane 45ish CS up, but got flamed the rest of the game for "losing to a support".

Second game I got flamed for splitting while my team wanted to contest an early dragon (am I wrong in thinking that 2 towers is way better than an early ocean drake?). Karthus jungle decided to afk "split" the whole rest of the game while flaming me. I put "split" in quotes because he never took a tower...

Ugh

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    "Losing to a support" is pure trolling because anyone that knows anything about the current meta knows Soraka top is broken and nerfing her is the primary focus of the next patch.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    First game I was Fiora against Soraka top who had barrier/flash. Blew her sums several times but never got a solo kill due to their jungle being top a lot and her being, well, Soraka. I rushed executioners which in hindsight I think I should have saved it for after completing Trinity to have a better early power spike. Came out of lane 45ish CS up, but got flamed the rest of the game for "losing to a support".

Second game I got flamed for splitting while my team wanted to contest an early dragon (am I wrong in thinking that 2 towers is way better than an early ocean drake?). Karthus jungle decided to afk "split" the whole rest of the game while flaming me. I put "split" in quotes because he never took a tower...

Ugh

But...you didn't even lose to Soraka? (Yes, people are terrible sometimes.)

As much as giving up any drakes tilts me a little, I think you made the right call. Two towers should be worth any drake unless you're getting the soul, even if early Ocean helps a lot for laning. I suppose if you're running more of a siege comp and really need the regen it could be okay, but the gold / map control is something you need to have.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Pobelter finally getting to play...

But it's on CLG.

This is some serious Monkey's Paw nonsense here.

Once again leaving me unsure who to root for. It's like every player I care about has been sprinkled through each of the teams leaving me feeling just Ok about each team and no one to really root for.

There's like 3 different teams that if Pobelter went to it would all come together and finally help me pick.

But not CLG.