As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, where's the battle tower? I uh, beat the game a few weeks ago but I've just been tootling around filling out my Pokedex since.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Oh yeah, where's the battle tower? I uh, beat the game a few weeks ago but I've just been tootling around filling out my Pokedex since.

It's the tower there you fought Chairman Rose/Eternatus

Cruor on
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Nope, it's the tower where you fight his assistant before you go track down Rose.

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »

Nope, it's the tower where you fight his assistant before you go track down Rose.

Oh right yes, that's right, the G-max Garbodor fight. Anyway, it's the Wyndon Tower.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    when's g-max toxtricity

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    when's g-max toxtricity

Friday!

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    Gmax Toxtricity is out!

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Shiny gmax tox? Fuckin right I used my master ball.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Oh shit I haven't played since class started acouple weeks ago.i gotta get that. Is milcery still happening too?

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Yes it is. Got a few today.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Yo, it’s February. Why u no Pokemon Home, GameFreak?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Anyone with Shield wanna trade some Gigamax formes? I got a spare Grimmsnarl, Kingler and Amped Toxtricity, and would love an Orbeetle, Harterene and low key Toxtricity

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    From what I've heard, Pokémon Home is out on the Switch eShop

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    My babies!

• Options
    ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    The starter you choose for HOME has its Hidden Ability. Nice to have Raindish Blastoise available to me right away.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Great news, everyone! You can use Home to mass release things! You can release up to a box at a time.

Edit: You can release up to 100 Pokemon, at which point it will prompt you to back out and save. Then you can go back and release more.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Link for the iOS version of Home

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Haha, already up to 3500/6000. There's catching challenges for Galar and Kanto in the Pokedex. Catch is you have to catch the specific Pokemon in the specific game to complete it. That Pidgey you've been dragging along since gen 3 won't cut it.

• Options
    Home on my Switch has been downloading for over an hour and I am an angry.

• Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Home on my Switch has been downloading for over an hour and I am an angry.

Took me about 45 minutes

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oof, I must have gotten lucky, it took maybe a couple minutes to download it for me.

• Options
    ...and my 3DS Bank update is also taking forever. Why can’t mobile Home just log in to Bank?!

• Options
    Updated Pokemon Bank but can't even login and connect to the server to do any transfers.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Surprise trade has been kind, sending out tons of Squirtles and have gotten Bulbasaur and Litten in return so far.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I completed the Galar challenges in the Pokedex part of the switch side of home. Didn't seem to do anything.

• Options
    I thought I’d cleaned out all my games to Bank, but I know I had both Celebi and Shaymin but they’re not in Home. Weird.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Did they do the thing where Bank was free for a bit so people can transfer old stuff? Because I never really had Bank but I might hit it for a bit to get some of my old favorites back.

Also, do we know yet if Home in one switch with multiple profiles lets you move pokemon between those different profiles? Cause I'd love to be able to use it to give pokemon to my little sister.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Bank is free for the next month or so I believe.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Yay. Get to bring over my shiny Gengar, Onix, Pichu, Gyrados, and Braviary. And the crap ton of legendaries I gathered over the years of Gamestop giveaways. Shiny dogs!

I guess I now have some shiny stuff to trade for ones that I want. Do I keep breeding for a shiny Sylveon or try and trade for a HA one? AH!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I wasn't actively avoiding trading, but now I will for awhile. I haven't done surprise trades since before people started hacking stuff in. Guess we don't need to surprise trade right now with Home letting us transfer mons.

Is trading through Home OK?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    so, guys, can anyone hook me up with those Shield exclusive Gigantamax now? It's even easier with Home!

Here's my friend qrcode
    br9yptbyxzkx.png

jesus christ how do i resize images in the forum

Oh, and you can use the touch screen for almost all things in Home on the switch, like box selecting a bunch of mons. I always dreamed of doing that, so much faster.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    so, guys, can anyone hook me up with those Shield exclusive Gigantamax now? It's even easier with Home!

If you mean from this list:
    Anyone with Shield wanna trade some Gigamax formes? I got a spare Grimmsnarl, Kingler and Amped Toxtricity, and would love an Orbeetle, Harterene and low key Toxtricity

Only the Toxtricity is a Shield exclusive. The rest aren't.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I haven't done surprise trades since before people started hacking stuff in.

Pretty sure people were hacking day one

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Think I'll wait until Crown Tundra comes out to get Home. Then I'll be able to transfer all my legendaries over.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

No, this is not about regular version exclusives, this is Gigantamax Forme in Max Raid Dens. I mean the Toxtricity Low Key, Orbeetle and Hatterene Gigantamax formes can only be found in Shield, and the Toxtricity Amped, Grimmsnarl and Kingler Gigantamax formes can only be found in Sword. Everyone gets special Milceries that evolve into Gigantamax Alcremies and special sweets. This is the latest Wild Area News bulletin.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

No, this is not about regular version exclusives, this is Gigantamax Forme in Max Raid Dens. I mean the Toxtricity Low Key, Orbeetle and Hatterene Gigantamax formes can only be found in Shield, and the Toxtricity Amped, Grimmsnarl and Kingler Gigantamax formes can only be found in Sword. Everyone gets special Milceries that evolve into Gigantamax Alcremies and special sweets. This is the latest Wild Area News bulletin.

Those are the promoted pools. They're still available normally in the normal (rare) raid dens. eg GMax Orbeetle is in this den in both Sword and Shield.
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/den92.shtml

There's no difference between those and the ones in the promoted pool, except that the promoted pool ones spawn more frequently and at a lower difficulty level (so worse IVs too).

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    oooh, that's amazing, thanks!
    the way I play it's much easier to do a trade, though.

camo_sig2.png