As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Quick tips for PUG’ing legend sundial:

-Bring well of radiance, wars of dawn, or tether.
    -Make sure you have a solar and void weapons. There are a few arc shielded harpies at the end, but way more of the other two.
    -Try to check your fire team before flying in and switch to a unstoppable mod if no one else has one. Most people will have anti-barrier covered.
    -If you’re playing Titan or Hunter, try to have the unstoppable melee mod if you can too.
    -During the boss encounter, make sure all 3 of the plates are covered after you warp back.
    -With pugs, the last fight is going to be an endurance race, not a sprint, so don’t be afraid to hide, pop supers defensively, and pick people up the moment they can be revived.

ronzo on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    ronzo wrote: »

-Make sure you have a solar and void weapons. There are a few arc shielded harpies at the end, but way more of the other two.
    -Try to check your fire team before flying in and switch to a unstoppable mod if no one else has one. Most people will have anti-barrier covered.
    -If you’re playing Titan or Hunter, try to have the unstoppable melee mod if you can too.
    -During the boss encounter, make sure all 3 of the plates are covered after you warp back.
    -With pugs, the last fight is going to be an endurance race, not a sprint, so don’t be afraid to hide, pop supers defensively, and pick people up the moment they can be revived.

Supposedly that activity actually checks that the fireteam has both anti-barrier and anti-unstoppable weapons available. It's pretty snazzy actually. I'd still make sure to bring an unstoppable myself though. Barrier guys you can always just leave alone but Unstoppable will hunt your ass down.

Edit: Oh yeah and Bucketman I wouldn't hesitate to PUG the Sundial. The only bad part of it is Extinguish. For a decent fireteam that should not be an issue as it isn't super lethal or anything. If you have to be sure just play it safe and focus on rezz'ing the blueberries and not dying yourself.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Apparently the new hotfix is deleting materials again

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Down for emergency maintenance. It wasn't everyone, I saw my doodads there. 16k fractaline from the tower thing.

• twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Down for emergency maintenance. It wasn't everyone, I saw my doodads there. 16k fractaline from the tower thing.

yeah, I had all of my stuff as well...

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    No new triumphs for the Crimson Days event?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    While you wait for the servers to come up, the Bungie Store is having a sale, use code XIV for 14% any order except for bungie rewards

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Damn wonder what's causing all the rollbacks

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Those poor bastards.

Urf. Wonder what's going on in Division 2!

Oh, I can't do the new content because they uh, rotated it out.

Fuuuuuuuuck are you for real? *shakes fist at the sky* LIVE SERVICE GAAAAAAAMES!

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Can I interest y'all in a 68gb Modern Warfare patch? Ehhh? EHHHHH???

edited February 2020
    Damn wonder what's causing all the rollbacks

I’m guessing they didn’t incorporate the previous hotfix into whatever code branch the new hotfix was built on. I’d be willing to bet this is the exact same bug as last time.

Edit: this makes me seriously question the team size/resources they have maintaining D2. The majority of bugs are whatever, but managing to cause the same problem that requires a rollback twice in less than a month is pretty bad.

ronzo on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Is there a way to farm for weapons with anti-barrier or unstoppable? I have a couple but their not my favorites.

Bucketman wrote: »

Is there a way to farm for weapons with anti-barrier or unstoppable? I have a couple but their not my favorites.

The seasonal artifact's first row grants the ability to put a mod into any of certain classes of guns you'd like. Pulse/Scouts/Bows I think are the easy ones this season.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

The Anti-Barrier mod you get from the Artifact can go into Scouts, Pulses, and Bows.
    The Overload mod you get from the Artifact can go into SMGs and Autos.
    Then Unstoppable has separate mods for Scouts, Pulses, and Bows for some reason.

So it just depends on what you want to use and which archetype within a weapon class you're looking for.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL

The Anti-Barrier mod you get from the Artifact can go into Scouts, Pulses, and Bows.
    Then Unstoppable has separate mods for Scouts, Pulses, and Bows for some reason.

So it just depends on what you want to use and which archetype within a weapon class you're looking for.

I would recommend putting anti-barrier on either a fast-firing scout (black scorpion/patron of lost causes) or any of the good pulses. You can shoot through most everything with the mod on, just makes sense to have it on a good primary. Also, eriana’s vow is legit really good.

Unstoppable, you can use pulses or scouts, but it’s really good on bows. Bows get the effect instantly on a full draw, and it acts like a pseudo-explosive head perk. The rifles, you have to ads without firing for a second to load the “round” in, which always feels super clunky to me. Leviathans Breath also does pretty well for unstoppable duty in a pinch.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I would recommend putting anti-barrier on either a fast-firing scout (black scorpion/patron of lost causes) or any of the good pulses. You can shoot through most everything with the mod on, just makes sense to have it on a good primary. Also, eriana’s vow is legit really good.

Unstoppable, you can use pulses or scouts, but it’s really good on bows. Bows get the effect instantly on a full draw, and it acts like a pseudo-explosive head perk. The rifles, you have to ads without firing for a second to load the “round” in, which always feels super clunky to me. Leviathans Breath also does pretty well for unstoppable duty in a pinch.

Bonus: if you get the artifact's bow pull enhancer, it knocks arrows even faster, so that unstoppable shot is readied even quicker.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
    The awesome Carina Nebula ornament for Graviton lance is up for dust, if you're missing it. Woohaw.

Really in-depth explanation of what caused the bug/rollback today. Seems like they got caught in a clusterfuck of bugs and temp fixes that burned them really bad (like any major production system, nothing is ever just caused by one thing solo). Really neat to get a peak behind the scenes, and good on them for the transparency.

• TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    oh no, I have to make a friend for this event...

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The two person Nightfall bounty, is that meant to be an Ordeal or an old style? There's no way to prevent the game from giving you a third on a lower level Ordeal, is there?

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Two man fireteam + random maybe.

Saw something I hadn't seen before in Crucible last night, during Doubles. I went up against a pair of clanmates who ran laps around the maps. They didn't engage if it meant doubling back, it was sort of odd. It made it very easy to ambush them however. They would move in from the perimeter of the map to engage however, and then resume running around the outside of it after engagement.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    We didn't get credit for going in with 2 with matchmaking on, for the nightfall. We had to do an ordeal(820) with us both and it gave us credit.

We got the sparrow halves first thing and tried them out, you can't get close enough to line them up without bumping both of yourselves away. This was kind of poorly implemented.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
    There is something special about Crimson Doubles that always makes me excited to get some rounds in. Only got two last night but they were wildly divergent. Booker and I first matched up against a couple of people trying to use Bows (maybe the Vow) which god love them for trying. I think I'll do the same sometime, but we just rolled the hell out of these dudes, they probably got maybe 5-6 kills the whole match. Booker was grabbing Heavy so he could work on a Sword bounty, that's how calm this was.

The second match was nearly the inverse. Two sweaty Hunters mainlining Sniper/Thorn and Sniper/NF, one Blade Barrage, one Golden Gun. They obliterated us the first two rounds, preventing us from ever making approaches. Lag also was a factor where we'd land shots or grenades and they wouldn't take damage. But we got in a groove in round 3, eked out a win by a single kill when the clock ran out. Round 4 was similar, but we started smashing their morale and learning their tricks, and we all went into the tie breaker round with supers. I hurled shields to keep the blade barrage pinned down and the golden gun missed shots on Booker, and somehow we evaded the actual blade barrage like Jules in Pulp Fiction. We capped the flag and did respectful emoting and called it a night.

I've gotten about 15 Sacred Provenance rolls now and none with Rapid Hit (let alone Rapid Hit/Kill Clip). But I did get one that had Arrowhead Break, Ricochet Rounds, Range masterwork and Outlaw/Headseeker which seems solid for dueling. It may replace my existing Outlaw/Kill Clip at least for PVP, but I remain jealous of anyone who got the god-roll pulse seeing as I've killed this Harpy more than probably any other raid boss in Destiny.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    There is something special about Crimson Doubles that always makes me excited to get some rounds in. Only got two last night but they were wildly divergent. Booker and I first matched up against a couple of people trying to use Bows (maybe the Vow) which god love them for trying. I think I'll do the same sometime, but we just rolled the hell out of these dudes, they probably got maybe 5-6 kills the whole match. Booker was grabbing Heavy so he could work on a Sword bounty, that's how calm this was.

The second match was nearly the inverse. Two sweaty Hunters mainlining Sniper/Thorn and Sniper/NF, one Blade Barrage, one Golden Gun. They obliterated us the first two rounds, preventing us from ever making approaches. Lag also was a factor where we'd land shots or grenades and they wouldn't take damage. But we got in a groove in round 3, eked out a win by a single kill when the clock ran out. Round 4 was similar, but we started smashing their morale and learning their tricks, and we all went into the tie breaker round with supers. I hurled shields to keep the blade barrage pinned down and the golden gun missed shots on Booker, and somehow we evaded the actual blade barrage like Jules in Pulp Fiction. We capped the flag and did respectful emoting and called it a night.

I've gotten about 15 Sacred Provenance rolls now and none with Rapid Hit (let alone Rapid Hit/Kill Clip). But I did get one that had Arrowhead Break, Ricochet Rounds, Range masterwork and Outlaw/Headseeker which seems solid for dueling. It may replace my existing Outlaw/Kill Clip at least for PVP, but I remain jealous of anyone who got the god-roll pulse seeing as I've killed this Harpy more than probably any other raid boss in Destiny.

Meanwhile I had the worst night of PVP in my whole Destiny career:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    It took me 3 Crimson Days matches to get put against an Unbroken using a 11,696 kill-tracker Beloved.

Yeah, we lost that round badly.

Decided to find some raid runs tonight, looking for 1KV and Anarchy. No luck on 1KV, but:

Got Anarchy on my 2nd run of the night as my hunter!

Then got it again on my titan while I was just helping the team get more clears!

ran it a 3rd time on my warlock that I cleared it on earlier. No on got anything. I felt so bad.

There goes my destiny raid luck for the rest of the year.

Did a tiny bit of Crimson Days.

https://youtu.be/3KquFZYi6L0

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Is this on any of the OSTs yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUA6d7dQU_Y

I know I play Destiny a lot, but damn, people.
    Finally going to bed. Managed to hit 709900 resonance, and pulled my generated to find that all 71 slots in my inventory got full. I've had so much motivational help.

EQoo8EOX0AASyQ1?format=jpg&name=900x900

There is no way Bungie gave us some impossible community target. If people just keep turning in fractaline, we’re going to get it done eventually. I’m surprised at the amount of effort some people are putting into this.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's making up for the fact I haven't done any of it yet. Trials will unlock itself, thanks to all the bored people grinding that out so I can rank up in Apex in the meantime.

cB557 wrote: »

I don't think so?
    I usually just stream that duder's channel if I want Destiny music during work, he does good compilations.
    I am struggling to find a video of a song that played I think during RoI where you have some slow build up chanting in the background and I just cannot for the life of me find it (there are plenty of slow build up chant songs, just not the right one I am looking for damnit and it is very distracting today.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

I don't think so?
    I usually just stream that duder's channel if I want Destiny music during work, he does good compilations.
    I am struggling to find a video of a song that played I think during RoI where you have some slow build up chanting in the background and I just cannot for the life of me find it (there are plenty of slow build up chant songs, just not the right one I am looking for damnit and it is very distracting today.
    Maybe this? Specifically around 2 minutes, 5 seconds in if the timestamp doesn't work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-g6cEXahY?t=2m5s

cB557 on

I don't think so?
    Maybe this? Specifically around 2 minutes, 5 seconds in if the timestamp doesn't work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf-g6cEXahY?t=2m5s

Yessss that was indeed it. I couldn't find the Promethean video that had this segment (still can't) but that's definitely the passage that was stuck in my head. Thanks dude.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Finally going to bed. Managed to hit 709900 resonance, and pulled my generated to find that all 71 slots in my inventory got full. I've had so much motivational help.

There is no way Bungie gave us some impossible community target. If people just keep turning in fractaline, we’re going to get it done eventually. I’m surprised at the amount of effort some people are putting into this.

we already have 5 out of 7 goals met so i've no doubt that it'll be done with time to spare. on the other hand, giving how slow the turn in process is i'm less sure that that player will have enough time to actually turn all that in. :P

With all these hotfixes you'd think they could cram in another option!

Or at least up the one option to 400 for those maxing out bounties.

Wraith260 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »

we already have 5 out of 7 goals met so i've no doubt that it'll be done with time to spare. on the other hand, giving how slow the turn in process is i'm less sure that that player will have enough time to actually turn all that in. :P

Someone did a quick calculation, and it would take him about 6 hours to turn it all in.

smCQ5WE.jpg
    We will probably finish, or get very close to finishing, right after reset next week. It’s the line where investing doesn’t get you any extra fractaline to donate, so everyone who has been leveling obelisks will suddenly switch to dumping to the foundation.