As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Love] and the gentle person

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So I am trying everything I can to help the lady out while she's in school. Whenever I am able I check in on the dogs, little stuff like that, but today I got the message I was waiting for. She needs a logo for her interior design business to present projects in class. This is the highest pressure job I have ever been "hired" for.

Wish me luck, love thread.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I just found out I've been pronouncing Laprohoaig incredibly, incredibly wrong for years and I am suitably shamed.

I will retreat now into the mountains and live in a stump and do penance by eating moss.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It is in a different language, you are bound to pronounce it wrong.

• Options
    I am sorry I cannot hear you over the sound of my immense and well deserv'd shame.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Boy howdy guys are just bad and gross.

The woman that cuts my hair is getting a divorce and all of her interactions with guys, in general, just sounds so, so bad.

Do better, Men. Stop being bad and weird and awkward and skeevy. God it's not that hard.

Every once in awhile, as a dude with shit tons of anxiety and social awkwardness, will wonder in that thought of "am I one of those guys?" Except literally anytime I've heard any of my female friends talk about a weird or creepy dude they've interacted with its so much less "talked too much about inane thing" or "didn't understand a social cue and messed it up" and more of "and then he was grabbing my ass" or "wouldn't stop talking about all the sexual things he wanted to do to me, despite me not being cool with it." And I mentally nod and go "huh okay they don't mean someone like me." There's a big difference between the two and most women I've heard talk about that will differentiate the two pretty distinctly.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I just found out I've been pronouncing Laprohoaig incredibly, incredibly wrong for years and I am suitably shamed.

I will retreat now into the mountains and live in a stump and do penance by eating moss.

Leapfrog!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well I’m mostly over the flu so I was hoping to make it into work today but... it’s 3:30 AM, i haven’t been able to sleep yet, and I have to be up for work in 2 hours, so...

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I took advantage of some weird manic mood I was in yesterday and rode the weird wave pretty high

I'm profoundly exhausted today, but I feel pretty satisfied

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    The weird wave you say

poo
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Well if it's any consolation you're also spelling it wrong

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Derrick?

Derrick...

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

Leapfrog!

I'm pretty sure it's "la-froyg", no?

• Options

Well if it's any consolation you're also spelling it wrong

Goddammit

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

Leapfrog!

At first I thought it was one of those Irish words that's unpronounceable as written, like Caoimhe or Saoirse, so I just made a joke post.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

I want to know how you were pronouncing it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

It's pronounced "Wooster"

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Leapfrog!

At first I thought it was one of those Irish words that's unpronounceable as written, like Caoimhe or Saoirse, so I just made a joke post.

It's actually a Scottish word that's unpronounceable as written, and heaven help you if you make that mistake to the face of someone from either country.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Google says it's pronounced "La-froyg”*

*IANAS

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    El Skid wrote: »
    Google says it's pronounced "La-froyg”*

*IANAS
    No one truly is.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    wooooo valentines day in a couple days, which is also my SO's birthday...and then our daughters bday 2 days later. It will be a busy weekend and a delicate balance of making sure my SO doesn't feel like her bday is overshadowed by our almost 1 year old.

I've got some sweet presents lined up though, tickets to Italy, super fancy bathrobe that is monogrammed with 'Mommy', a bunch of bathtub oils and bubble stuff, some naughty stuff and then the standard chocolates, flowers and dinner.

My parents will watch our daughter friday night as well.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    wooooo valentines day in a couple days, which is also my SO's birthday

weird, mine too

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    tickets to Italy, dangggg

well I went to my local weedery to acquire goods and waiting before me was this Punk As Hell young lady and I was like "I dig your whole style" and she was like "I dig your Junji Ito hoodie" and I was like yes it has paid for itself already.
    so we talked about Gyo and how Uzumaki is getting an Adult Swim anime.
    she got called up and, window rapidly closing, I began to ask "so do you want to-" "no, sorry" "fair enough, had to give it a shot." damn

but then I came home to a message from my friend that I made it with (detailed in a previous post -editor). She wants to try an actual relationship, but to keep it on the DL when among our friends until we're sure it's gonna work out, which I think might make it sexier.

tl;dr I got shut down, which was mildly distressing, but then I got a girlfriend?

so pretty good day so far. Unless like, my car blows up or something, probably the best day I've had in a while.

• Options
    your Junji Ito hoodie

excuse me what

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    your Junji Ito hoodie

excuse me what

it's black and got Souichi from Souichi's etc. on it! I think I got it at Hot Topic, lol

I'll give Hot Topic this, they do indeed know what the hot topics are

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I took my van in for its MOT and service today. And it's made me really appreciate that I started using budget software a few years ago so that today I only want to sit in the dark and cry instead of throwing myself from a roof.

• Options
    I took my van in for its MOT and service today. And it's made me really appreciate that I started using budget software a few years ago so that today I only want to sit in the dark and cry instead of throwing myself from a roof.

...Your van is broken and only because of Quickbooks are you taking it so well?

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular

weird, mine too

Do you enjoy having it the same day or loathe it? My SO hates it

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Budgeting software helps you remember to put aside a little bit of money each month separate from your other expenses for vehicle maintenance and repairs.

I suspect Smof copped a nasty list of 'shit what needs fixin' but thankfully he's at least been putting some cash away for just that purpose.

• Options
    edited February 2020

weird, mine too

Do you enjoy having it the same day or loathe it? My SO hates it

it pretty much sucks for my SO too, yeah. but that's because he hates getting gifts and I love giving them do I crab at him twice as much in a shorter time frame

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Budgeting software helps you remember to put aside a little bit of money each month separate from your other expenses for vehicle maintenance and repairs.

I suspect Smof copped a nasty list of 'shit what needs fixin' but thankfully he's at least been putting some cash away for just that purpose.

Oh okay, that actually makes sense.

I read the post like 14 times and my brain refused to process it. Sorry!

El Skid on
  • Options

Oh okay, that actually makes sense.

I read the post like 14 times and my brain refused to process it. Sorry!

i read it the same way!

• Options
    I am a bad communicator.

The van failed its MOT within 10 minutes because they couldn't open the bonnet (hood?) to actually do the MOT, so I had to get a new bonnet lock and cable. A new personal record, I think.

• Options
    I think I caught Mori's flu.

Damn you to hell, Regular Human Father.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I have a date Saturday with the previously mentioned librarian. Excitement and anxiety have commenced!

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Make sure you're not late to avoid fees!!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Make sure you're not late to avoid fees!!

Shush.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm always late and that's how I get all the filles.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Messages on tinder and bumble aren't a concern because they only happen after a match and that never happens.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I've had some matches. Of late a surprising number, all of which seem to be timing out. Bots, maybe? But previously most led to at least some conversation, and a few dates. Still searching though...no one really feeling like a soulmate yet.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    I've had some matches. Of late a surprising number, all of which seem to be timing out. Bots, maybe? But previously most led to at least some conversation, and a few dates. Still searching though...no one really feeling like a soulmate yet.

I feel most are bots or dead accounts sadly

This discussion has been closed.