As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Fight the good fight, join the S-Team today!

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    I was having a lot of fun with The Messenger then it became a cryptic puzzle backtracking collectathon and fuck that

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    So Fanatical is running a great deal on Deep Silver games, but I think anyone who enjoys open world games needs this in particular: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/saints-row-iv-game-of-the-century-edition

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Thanks to @chuck steak and @Morkath for cooping some division 2 with me!

1 down, 1 to go, then eternal rest.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I was having a lot of fun with The Messenger then it became a cryptic puzzle backtracking collectathon and fuck that

It's a really strange turn to take. I was hoping it'd be like Metroid but the cryptic clues are absence of fun. I used a second monitor to have the wiki up

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    d0r3ochu2oh7.png

@Karoz did a thing.

That thing crashed Division 2, so I guess I'm done playing that for now. :lol:

Thanks, monster! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    signature.png
    I guess I'll make one for my goty too
    signature.png

New page new post

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Karoz is a monster. Don't believe @Pixelated Pixie's lies

eaxkABw.jpg

Thanks <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    I have X-com on GoG and it came up in conversation with my brother-in-law that Long War doesn't seem to like it for some reason. He's a big fan of Long War and is convinced I'd set a world record for the fastest game over, so he bought it for me.

ue778avb62dz.png

This 48 minutes represents at least 5 minutes of reading through second wave and starting location options and no more than 43 minutes of getting my save into a probably irretrievable condition (two full squads lost, third one doomed in the field because my attempt to shift gears has made things worse ("Mobility seems to be my core problem, I'll slap carbines on the whole team so they run faster," two minutes later: "What the fuck it takes three hits to kill a sectoid now!").

I am... not good at X-com.

Your brother-in-law is a very mean person for making you play Long War when you don't know how to play base XCOM in the first place.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I know how, I'm just not good, or more importantly patient enough. Things usually fall apart for me fairly late in the base game (earlier in EW than vanilla for reasons I've never really pinned down), I've got about 80 hours in it on GOG, zero of which was LW.

Hevach on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Thanks, @Karoz, for Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition!

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Was playing some Yakuza 0 Cabaret Club Tycoon, when I was rudely interrupted.

Eomk7Yl.png

Thanks @Karoz for Catherine! I'll need a new waifu now that I've finished Yakuza 0!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Speaking of finishing Yakuza 0. The absurdity of the game is bonkers. I enjoyed most of it. There's too many side things to do, but thankfully they're optional. Kiryu's Beast stance is hilariously overpowered, but fun! I didn't manage to max any skill trees out, it just takes too much money, but very doable if you just keep waiting for your business income to keep rolling in. That end sequence went too long without any way to save though. I went from being able to save pretty much anytime I wanted outside of boss fights, and having to do what felt like an hour and a half to do the ending, including the credits. It's a very fun game, with the only downside I found, was some technical issue with the game freezing every so often for a few seconds. It's an entertaining game, definitely worth playing through. Thanks again to @Orivon for the game!

Edit: The Cabaret Club Management was highly addictive. I've spent more time than I care to admit playing it lol.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    @Karoz gifted me one of the most beautiful cars ever made (Alpine A110):

Spoilered for photos (clickable thumbnails)
    DNFbnbwh.jpg
    a6SfAW2h.jpg

Unfortunately I dont drive so good...
    tszyf0Jh.jpg
    yVdIjpsh.jpg

I can fly okay though:
    hqNb4sph.jpg

Thanks again Karoz, this game is both super fun and incredibly frustrating!

emp123 on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    7iv83ijyjkd0.png

• Options
    It's Wolcen Day. Who's excited?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I'm cautiously anticipating a bait and switch with the product being worse than Sword of the Stars 2.

I hoped once.

It was awful.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

The EA build ran like shit on my PC but the launch day patch notes claim they've done optimizing work. I'm cautiously optimistic with a finger on the refund trigger.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I picked it up a while back, but with it being vday tomorrow prob won't get to play till saturday...might try to squeeze in a bit tonight though.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Speaking of finishing Yakuza 0. The absurdity of the game is bonkers. I enjoyed most of it. There's too many side things to do, but thankfully they're optional. Kiryu's Beast stance is hilariously overpowered, but fun! I didn't manage to max any skill trees out, it just takes too much money, but very doable if you just keep waiting for your business income to keep rolling in. That end sequence went too long without any way to save though. I went from being able to save pretty much anytime I wanted outside of boss fights, and having to do what felt like an hour and a half to do the ending, including the credits. It's a very fun game, with the only downside I found, was some technical issue with the game freezing every so often for a few seconds. It's an entertaining game, definitely worth playing through. Thanks again to Orivon for the game!

Edit: The Cabaret Club Management was highly addictive. I've spent more time than I care to admit playing it lol.

I found Mr. Moneybags the quickest way to make money. If you can get pretty good at taking him down, he usually had 1-2 billion whenever I came across him. With the encounter finder (I think it's that one), you can even see him on your map. If you really want to game it, one of the abilities you buy for Kiryu from the shrine will make it so whenever he beats you and takes all of your money, when you next find him, he'll have 1.5x what he took from you. So you can basically lose->win->lose->win to grow your money very quickly.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular

I ended up getting it last minute. I’d heard about here and there over the years but didn’t pay much attention. Now that it’s coming out I’ve heard some good things.

I’m mostly excited to see how the weapon-based skills and multi-weapon stuff works, because that sounded like a great idea in the Diablo 4 barbarian announcement.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

You can pay the shopkeeper to put the next objective on your map.

The game's pacing is still better than Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    For anyone else doing the wolcen release, they suggest deleting the install and re-downloading it completely when it releases.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    For anyone else doing the wolcen release, they suggest deleting the install and re-downloading it completely when it releases.

Goddammit.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I'm now tempted to pick up Yakuza 0 on sale thanks to all the talk about the game here. It does have the Saga arcade in it where you can play videogames inside a videogame right?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I'm now tempted to pick up Yakuza 0 on sale thanks to all the talk about the game here. It does have the Saga arcade in it where you can play videogames inside a videogame right?

Yep! Outrun and Space Harrier and a couple other games.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Wolcen is out, restart steam and install it folks.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Wolcen is out, restart steam and install it folks.
    Instructions unclear: Re-installing steam.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

All you guys are all "Woo, Wolcen!" and I'm over here like, "Woo, Out Run in Yakuza 0!"

• Options

*sticks head from under huge backlog*

I don't even know what you're talking about!

*scurries back into his nest*

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Are you people still playing Monster Hunter? It came with ny GPU but I haven't fired it up yet.

Resident Evil 3 did as well. The last GPU came with Resident Evil 2, so I guess Capcom is in charge of my upgrade schedule now.

• Options
    Are you people still playing Monster Hunter? It came with ny GPU but I haven't fired it up yet.

Resident Evil 3 did as well. The last GPU came with Resident Evil 2, so I guess Capcom is in charge of my upgrade schedule now.

The Iceborne expansion got a lot of people playing again, I imagine it's doable to find people still playing.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

*sticks head from under huge backlog*

I don't even know what you're talking about!

*scurries back into his nest*

*looks up from his phone*

Wolcen? That a new Arknights unit?

*looks back at phone*

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Oh hey!

20XX is a pretty neat Megaman-style rougelite, although I did think it got kinda old and same-y before long. Still real fun though. Spritework and animations already seem way better.

Reposting from the PC game thread, IIRC some people here enjoyed 20XX as well.

People I will no longer @ for they are cruel.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Zxerol wrote: »
    Oh hey!

20XX is a pretty neat Megaman-style rougelite, although I did think it got kinda old and same-y before long. Still real fun though. Spritework and animations already seem way better.

Reposting from the PC game thread, IIRC some people here enjoyed 20XX as well.

People I will no longer @ for they are cruel.

I should play more 20XX. It pretty fun. But I am kinda burning out on rougelites.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    AssCreedOd Gold Edition for $25: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-gold-edition Almost sold out after the deal going live ~three hours ago.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

I shall deploy the carrier pigeons when I get home

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

Cool, those two games took so many of my quarters growing up.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I bought Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast on Steam before it was discontinued. It's such a fantastic game. I wish whatever caused it to be pulled would be resolved so it could return (rumor was that the Ferrari license was too expensive for Sega to renew).

I missed out on Sega Rally though.

Anyway, Outrun is pretty great.

This discussion has been closed.