As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    That aurora dress is a pretty amazing design.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Raybies666 wrote: »
    This is the sort of off topic conversation I can get behind.
    I'm behind you!
    Made you look!

It clearly says you're in a bedroom in Ireland

I'm right behind you!

After chili night? Poor Xaquin.

Poor, poor Xaquin.

EDIT to add:

I can't find the link, but apparently there is a big ass eshop sale starting at 2pm gmt tomorrow.

It's being billed as a blockbuster sale, 33% off Mario Maker and Fire Emblem
    plus up to 75% off other stuff.

Watch your local eshop folks! And maybe keep your ear to the ground for a surprise Direct, because this sale came out of nowhere and I think we're overdue.

Raybies666 on
    Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Vu9CIvKFpZY

Hmm Nintendo might be skipping E3 as well.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    that means just no booth right? Cause they've abandoned presentations a while ago

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I picked up Dragon's Dogma finally, thanks to the sale.

Also, my left joycon, which I had already sent in once to address drift, has started to drift again. I'll just have to suck it up a buy new joycons this time.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I grabbed TMS this weekend and it's translated quite well to Switch, I am pretty pleased. Still a really fun and challenging battle system, a rarity imo for the genre, and I am pretty fond of Touma and his sentai obsession.
    Still sorta baffled as to what Itsuki is even doing in the story with everyone else, two chapters in. He doesn't sing or dance or act but somehow has "performa" possessed exclusively by people who do those things and his role is basically to pat his pals on the back and say "you're cool".

Itsuki is there for all the women in the game to cream themselves over

I'm pretty sure that's his entire part of the story

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I played but I don't even remember that happening. Like that's what his role would be in a traditional harem game, but they set up the framework and then forgot to include that part. He's just kind of a clueless guy along for the ride I thought.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    It's been a while since I played but I don't even remember that happening. Like that's what his role would be in a traditional harem game, but they set up the framework and then forgot to include that part. He's just kind of a clueless guy along for the ride I thought.

Well I'm playing it right now and literally every woman character in the game is all about jumping his dick

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Come on... It's Itsuki. Who wouldn't? Am I right?

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    What's the word on Snack World? Seems like it would be right up my alley and Level-5 has made some of my favourite-ever games. The product tie-in stuff in Japan made me ignore it but it won't even have that stuff here.

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Well I'm playing it right now and literally every woman character in the game is all about jumping his dick
    There are only two or three women who would even do that, though. And I specifically remember Kiria being like a mentor to Tsubasa and basically not even considering Itsuki. I thought she very unsubtly tried to get him to realize Tsubasa liked him and he was just his usual dope self not getting it and she got exasperated. She don't want his dick.

Maiko gets drunk but isn't really after him. All I can think of is Tsubasa and Eleonora.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    that means just no booth right? Cause they've abandoned presentations a while ago

Didn't they still have a showtime on the schedule? I'd be real sad if we didn't get a Direct on E3.

• Options

There are only two or three women who would even do that, though. And I specifically remember Kiria being like a mentor to Tsubasa and basically not even considering Itsuki. I thought she very unsubtly tried to get him to realize Tsubasa liked him and he was just his usual dope self not getting it and she got exasperated. She don't want his dick.

Maiko gets drunk but isn't really after him. All I can think of is Tsubasa and Eleonora.
    Sorry, but you're wrong about literally all of this. Tharja makes multiple references about Kiria being into Itsuki, and Kiria blushes at them and stammers about how it's not like that. Maiko straight up propositions you multiple times during her side stories. Tsubasa is in love with Itsuki. Eleanora keeps trying to get Itsuki to take her out on dates....

6divrceedw5w.png

e9bpun38kqyl.png

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I remember that stuff and I interpreted it as teasing and nothing serious, mirages intentionally trying to embarrass their partner (that's Tharja's personality), etc.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I remember that stuff and I interpreted it as teasing and nothing serious, mirages intentionally trying to embarrass their partner (that's Tharja's personality), etc.

It's an anime game. You have to remember that. Those responses are very much anime responses of someone who is totally into that other person.

You can take it however you want but that doesn't mean that the evidence isn't very much there.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Well this is not where I expected my comment on Itsuki to go.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Probably heard it elsewhere but, for posterity, Doug Bowser debunked this.

Although I wouldn't put reduced floor presence past them.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Looks like they'll be at E3 after all

https://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-returning-for-e3-2020/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Geoff Keighley to immediately reverse course and also show up now too

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I stole my name from a Dodgeball Legend.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Geoff Keighley to immediately reverse course and also show up now too

Maybe he'll finally win the best Geoff Keighley award this time?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular
    I stole my name from a Dodgeball Legend.

I thought you quit this thread yesterday?!
    I hope I'm referring to the right Costanza here

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
    Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I picked up Darksiders 1 and 2 on a whim cause they were on sale at Gamestop cause i had to get a stupid circus baby funko pop for my niece cause she left it on the floor and my dog ate it.

I think i'm almost done with the first game and i think if the 2nd is like the 1st i'm going to enjoy that one as well make's me want to pick up genesis the next time i get some money.

Also really sad that apparently 3s not on switch cause i don't have a console anymore.

• Options
    Zunde wrote: »
    I picked up Darksiders 1 and 2 on a whim cause they were on sale at Gamestop cause i had to get a stupid circus baby funko pop for my niece cause she left it on the floor and my dog ate it.

I think i'm almost done with the first game and i think if the 2nd is like the 1st i'm going to enjoy that one as well make's me want to pick up genesis the next time i get some money.

Also really sad that apparently 3s not on switch cause i don't have a console anymore.

Unfortunately 2 is not like 1. 1 is a Zelda clone and 2 is more of a Diablo/Action clone. Very little puzzles involved but lots of combat and loot.

I still enjoyed it, mind you, but if you wanted the Zelda experience it is definitely missing.

• Options
    Uh wow, I don't remember seeing this particular case before:

https://www.portableuniversalpower.com/nintendo-switch-case/

JOFdK95.png

3VXI8Vd.png

Of course so many cases pass through here that I might just be forgetting, in which case enjoy looking at this case again?!

Price is really not that bad IMO.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    What appears to be the last bit of Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC is out with the teenage mutant ninja house.

...it is the last bit of DLC, right? I got gifted the DLC from a friend that accidentally bought it twice, and since my backlog is big enough as it is I wanted to make sure all the DLC stuff is out before I start.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Seems like it should have some padding. Not sure how well that would protect from a drop.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Seems like it should have some padding. Not sure how well that would protect from a drop.

i'd be worried a bit about thermals with that thing, seems very snug.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

i'd be worried a bit about thermals with that thing, seems very snug.

They mention the speaker gaps allow for air flow, and maybe they're large enough to allow air intake? The hole for the exhaust seems fine. This was the thing I thought of too when I saw it. Looks beautiful though. Something about wood and brass just works well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    What do you need to worry about thermals for? You're not playing the Switch in that thing.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    What do you need to worry about thermals for? You're not playing the Switch in that thing.

but you're putting the switch in there after playing it.

• Options

How hot are your Switches after playing it???

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I'd like to think you're just being the devil's advocate syphon, but there are issues with Switches & heat, see all the issues with cracked backplates and what not. Some games really run the system hot.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    I'd like to think you're just being the devil's advocate syphon, but there are issues with Switches & heat, see all the issues with cracked backplates and what not. Sme games really run the system hot.

I'm not. I'm honestly confused. I always put my Switch right into its case after I'm done playing it (unless docked obviously). It has never been anywhere near hot enough to have to worry about.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    The only time I've read about heat issues personally are with fans going bad or when the switch is hacked to OC the CPU and GPU.

• Options
    The only time I've read about heat issues personally are with fans going bad or when the switch is hacked to OC the CPU and GPU.

Just from following the switch subreddit, some of it had to be bad batches of batteries that expanded over time as well. Don't think it's a widespread issue but I'd still be hesitant to use such a close fitting case.

• Options

Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now.jpg

This is the first time I'm wondering who those two people are behind Mugatu.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That looks like Gwen Stefani and the guy from Bush. lol.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular