As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So I've kept my RW as Shadow for forever, but it's seem to have outlived its usefulness.

Kinda tempted to put in Rikku's "give me 2 SB bars" G+. Think people might have more fun with that?

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Personally, my friend list is 100% Divine Veil Grimoire. I could maybe see myself using Pecil's wall ultra in certain scenarios, now that most healers have a G+ that does pro/shell/hastega, but I can't be bothered to go find people with that RW. Or build a team to leverage it. Or repeatedly refresh my RWs until it comes up.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I'll use Rikku USB to autobattle event D180 and below with my magia team, and I still have a few Cloud USB1 RWs for when the boss is piercing and I don't need the DVG buffs.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I have a few alma usb1 or larsa aasb for astra

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e6c3se/mmastery_survey_6_magicite_dungeon_lightning/fgsfjbh/

I can basically replicate this, but I'm having a hard time actually executing it. Failed attempts waste so much time.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I haven't changed my RW in ages, and it's a weird one: Angeal USB.

Amazingly, I still get a couple of people who use it every day.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Man what a drought of banners. They debuted syncs before last fest and now we have to wait till next fest for more? I’m going to need a bigger mythril bin.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Man what a drought of banners. They debuted syncs before last fest and now we have to wait till next fest for more? I’m going to need a bigger mythril bin.

This healer draw isn't bad if you're looking for a solid healer AASB with a speedtrick USB to spam. They're all nonstandard, but work well with a support/bard based Elarra.

--

Farmed out my last Leviathan. Took two hours to get the remaining three clears (did it while stationary biking and took two damn days, so I know the time). Garnet drowned on literally all of them. One of them, Ashe finished as the only survivor. Yeesh.

E:
    ...Why the fuck do I have two identical generic defensive phoenixes? I also still have a Firemane for god only knows what reason. I really need to clear this mess out.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Daily Hit: Auron's blue Bracer thing. Maybe his BSB? 3rd one.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

We're almost at Tidus' sync banner, it seems pretty good to me but that might also be because it's somehow dupeless even though I already own a lot of other relics for these characters.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    edited February 2020
    Maytag wrote: »

We're almost at Tidus' sync banner, it seems pretty good to me but that might also be because it's somehow dupeless even though I already own a lot of other relics for these characters.

Yeah, that looks like a pretty good banner. I hope Ifrit drops before that event (or at least, before that event goes away) so I can figure out whether I want to draw there.

Tidus Sync
    Paine Awakening
    Jecht Awakening
    Rikku Awakening
    Paine AOSB
    Jecht AOSB
    Paine Chain
    Paine USB (row quickcast)
    Tidus G+
    Paine G+
    Rikku G+
    Rikku Glint
    Jecht Glint
    Rikku LMR (w-cast water)

There's nothing bad there. Dupes maybe, or you could get a glint/G+ for a character you have nothing for. I wouldn't be surprised if someone could go hard on this banner and get a team to beat Ifrit even without having finished any other 6* magicites.

Fry on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Maytag wrote: »

I was gonna do a waifu pull but that banner is really bad for me. Let's break it down:

Already got the following tech for FFX:
    Tidus Glint, USB1, CSB, AOSB, EnWater LMR.
    Rikku BSB1+2, AASB, CSB1+2
    Wakka USB1+2, BSB, AASB, EnWater LMR.

I mean I really don't need anymore tech there because I can Imperil and EnWater just fine. Now the banner itself:
    Paine AASB. Already got Rikku and Wakka's better AASB and they have better skills (no 5 hit Water Spellblade yet).
    Jecht AASB: Dark tech in general I feel I'm fine with Cloud and Seph. Fire tech, sure I could use one more AASB but in this Magicite 6* World, I don't have other EnFire sources for Jecht right now.
    Paine Chain: See above.
    Paine Ultra: I don't really see her bumping off Tyro from my Water Team.
    Tidus and Paine Glint+: IMHO, I really don't like 'em. It just feels like this is for whales who can sub 30 6* Magicites. I had a bad experience with Cloud's Glint+ running out during Titan and it just soured me on them.
    Rikku Glint +: now this is a solid relic if you ask me.

IMHO...this banner works in allowing you to shift Rikku into Wakka's spot (Imperil + AASB) due to Paine's CSB edit (chance on hit for Wakka vs guaranteed Imperil during AASB). But that's a lot of relics I would need to get to put Paine online for Ifrit (Glint+CSB+USB I'd say for speed tricks). And it could be a sidegrade at best. That been said, I do like Rikku's AASB a lot! That barrier was awesome for Fire Odin.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Hmm I don't think I have any of that either.
    Are we of the opinion that you can safely skip around 6 star magicite or do you need the one before it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

It helps a lot if you do them in order but if your tech is REAL good, you can start wherever. Ramuh seems to be the exception tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    If you ask me, I'm not that thrilled on doing any other 6* magicite besides Titan knowing that they don't interact with the new Historia system that comes into play later. I'm fine with waiting a year or so to get new tech before attempting them.

Are we of the opinion that you can safely skip around 6 star magicite or do you need the one before it?

Obviously it's better if you have the one before, but I think skipping around is viable. Having any ol' 6* magicite is sufficient for breaking several rage modes in the tougher parts of the fight (usually, start of phase 2 and start of phase 3).

One of the non-whale clears I've watched for Ifrit had someone using Ramuh as their active. Seems real weird to be able to get Ramuh and not Leviathan, maybe that's just how that person's relics worked out.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I haven’t even tried Titan yet, mostly due to being annoyed by having to wait and defend at the start. But also because I’m pretty sure that I’d need Zack’s chain to make headway, even with Cloud’s Awakening.

Enlong wrote: »
    I haven’t even tried Titan yet, mostly due to being annoyed by having to wait and defend at the start. But also because I’m pretty sure that I’d need Zack’s chain to make headway, even with Cloud’s Awakening.

You don't have to defend, it's just a strategy if you need to soak SB meter in phase 1 for a while to execute your strategy.

Hm. Ok.

Still probably screwed, but maybe I can try a time or two with Alphinaud as chain and Ignis to support Cloud.

I could see a team of Cloud, Alphinaud chain, Ignis BSB, (some sort of decent Wind phys character), (some sort of healer) downing Titan. The healing requirements aren't too bad, so you can have Ignis wrath/entrust to Cloud after giving Cloud the crit damage bonus and your other person the crit chance bonus.

edited February 2020
    Nice. The tricky bit is that I don’t have any other Wind awakenings. I otherwise have good Wind damage via Bartz (Choco Romp, BSB, USB1, OSB) or Luneth (Glint, USBs, OSB, Arcane). Fang or Zidane are options as well, if I want someone with access to long-term instantcasting, but I’d need to spend lenses on them.

And I guess there’s also Wedge; no way can he hit the same sort of highs as Bartz, and no OSB exists for him, but he can get Enwind and chase in one bar instead of two via his USB.

Edit:

After a test, I find that Bartz’s Damage output is much higher than I expected. The biggest wrinkle is that rage 3 is a major stonewall compared to Rage 2. Gonna need to commit to breaking that early once the actual damage starts.

Enlong on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Spreadsheet update: Fran's Awakening is more interesting than I thought.

Viera Shot Follow-up (chase after 2 ice attacks) includes a -70% DEF/RES/MND break for 8s, along with dispelling buffs, and is an ice/lit element attack. So it overwrites the giant buff 6* magicites give themselves.

Only primarily useful for Valefor, looks like, unfortunately. I don't think there's a decent way to get her to work for Leviathan - she CAN do lightning attacks, but she's only got 3* BLK, and there's no good ice/lit hybrid abilities in her suite, I don't think. Celerity is all Lit/Wind, Machinist gets no hybrid. Sharpshooter we get Trinity bullet though...wonder if this would end up being useful at all for Ifrit/Shiva. Probably less than other stuff, regardless, but that's interesting. Didn't realize I had a break for that buff set.

Some Bubsies can also break those stats.

Ultimecia (Hell’s Judgement) does it on entry, while Faris (Essence of Flame) does it on brave level 3.

Jragghen wrote: »
    Spreadsheet update: Fran's Awakening is more interesting than I thought.

Viera Shot Follow-up (chase after 2 ice attacks) includes a -70% DEF/RES/MND break for 8s, along with dispelling buffs, and is an ice/lit element attack. So it overwrites the giant buff 6* magicites give themselves.

Only primarily useful for Valefor, looks like, unfortunately. I don't think there's a decent way to get her to work for Leviathan - she CAN do lightning attacks, but she's only got 3* BLK, and there's no good ice/lit hybrid abilities in her suite, I don't think. Celerity is all Lit/Wind, Machinist gets no hybrid. Sharpshooter we get Trinity bullet though...wonder if this would end up being useful at all for Ifrit/Shiva. Probably less than other stuff, regardless, but that's interesting. Didn't realize I had a break for that buff set.

Leviathan isn't tanky enough to be worth it, and Fran lacks any enIce period even in Japan besides her AASB. Maybe there's a use case for it against Valefor with her being the CSB holder since she can imperil decently enough, but it seems iffy. Then again, you need to frontload your DPS to deal with Valefor's phase 2 bullshit, so it may be that turning off the phase 3 debuff is more important.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Lol, I accidentally went into the magic-vulnerable Titan fight, if Bartz doing nothing and Alphy hitting 9999s is any indication.

Kinda impressed by Cloud in that he occasionally punched above cap even with that restriction in place.

It’s something weird like rage mode not reducing damage further than the wrong type debuff

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited February 2020
    I went and lensed Fang’s USB, because I suddenly realized she’s probably my best bet despite never actively pulling for her. I have her Glint, LMR for Enwind, OSB, and Imperil BSB. And since her OSB is a Jump, that means instant rage break if her USB is active. She’s Wind Kain, basically.

Bartz is wonderful, but needing Enwind on a Pan-Elemental character is too slow.

Enlong on
    edited February 2020
    I went and lensed Fang’s USB, because I suddenly realized she’s probably my best bet despite never actively pulling for her. I have her Glint, LMR for Enwind, OSB, and Imperil BSB. And since her OSB is a Jump, that means instant rage break if her USB is active. She’s Wind Kain, basically.

Bartz is wonderful, but needing Enwind on a Pan-Elemental character is too slow.

For Titan ? I should probably try out Bartz one of these days. It isn't that bad that he has to use his BSB to be honest. He will need his OSB to be useful against the walls tho.

lionheart_m on
    edited February 2020
    Yeah everyone needs to use something dumb to en element. Bsb ssb usb doesn’t super matter.

When do mote dungeons get cheaper?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Ugh. The more I look at and think about Shiva, the less prepared I feel, and the worse I feel that the fest banner 3 I was pinning my hopes on is. Locke's sync would be great. Balthier's CSB would would be spectacular since he can actually contribute. His AASB is also solid, but I'm overstacked in FFXII and prefer to diversify. Everything else... I don't know. Noctis's sync is okay, but really wants his LMR or glint, preferably both, because if the battle lasts more than 25 seconds, he's kind of sunk otherwise. Even with his ATB shenanigans, Shiva is so fucking tanky that I've seen runs using both his and Locke's syncs that still resorted to him spamming his SSB for IC at the end because his enFire just plain ran out. Sephiroth is similar. Sabin is... fine, I guess. I wouldn't say no to it, but I've got jack shit for him.

I don't much like the alternatives either though. Fire fattie is mostly fringe characters. Zell would be nice, but... eh. Terra sync is good for her, but I really don't like those delayed enElement SBs (Edgar's stuff) and just plain don't like Cyan. Relm's AASB is also... not great, and I don't particularly want or need a second speedtrick medica for her. Gilgamesh's CSB is also pretty meh if I tried to go magic. Tidus Sync has Jecht as one of those delayed enFire things if I get stuck there for Ifrit reasons, but... eh. I've got enough water and next to no fire... or holy for that matter. Not sure what to do about holy either. May legit wait until the TGCid sync banner to try to fix that. Ugh.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Sephiroth at least has his old unique for Fire aura, if you need to have a long fight. And his OSB hits fire.

You can even go crazy pants and combo his USB with the fire Awakening just for BDL 9, not that I imagine you could get anywhere remotely near that.

Fry wrote: »
    Sephiroth at least has his old unique for Fire aura, if you need to have a long fight. And his OSB hits fire.

You can even go crazy pants and combo his USB with the fire Awakening just for BDL 9, not that I imagine you could get anywhere remotely near that.

Ugh. Don't remind me. I still would rather not have anything new for him. FF7 is another realm I'm overstacked in looking ahead to Historia stuff. I probably need to look at more Shiva clears and find the ones that seem most poverty, but even the ones using Noctis's sync look painful and ugly.

(Also, it's specific to phys dark attacks, so wouldn't work anyway.)

ztrEPtD.gif
    The reason to use Fang would be that her USB gives her instant jumps. And her OSB and USB are Jumps, as are Hurricane Bolt and Skyhigh. If her EX Mode is maintained, she can do everything instantly for the rest of the fight.

Meanwhile, Bartz needs help for speed if he’s focusing on his BSB and OSB, though he could potentially get an Entrust to get his USB Online.

I think the deciding factor for me is that I have Fang’s Glint and Enwind LMR, which are a godsend when dealing with Wind Diffusion.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    All these banners and I'm just saving up mythril for luckies and the like. Now that I went and used all the ones out there, are they resetting in March, or am I stuck to grinding 50 for more shots?

Also, please, FFRK, knock it off with the Type 0 banners/events, it's getting really damned annoying. We know we're getting this and then a load of VII for the FFVIIR release in April... maybe change it up a bit?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    All these banners and I'm just saving up mythril for luckies and the like. Now that I went and used all the ones out there, are they resetting in March, or am I stuck to grinding 50 for more shots?

Also, please, FFRK, knock it off with the Type 0 banners/events, it's getting really damned annoying. We know we're getting this and then a load of VII for the FFVIIR release in April... maybe change it up a bit?

There are other lucky draws you can save for in March, I wouldn't throw 50 at the realm/elemental draws ever, just tickets.

Also, completely separate, but FFBE collab banner coming to Japan, and it has zero 5* on it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/f369hv/ffbe_collab_banner/

edited February 2020
    Bleh. If I want to keep using Fang, I’m gonna have to get a lot of crystals. I may try Bartz in-between just while grinding.

Edit: relatedly, I went and spent my ticket on Wind, because my biggest upgrade for Lightning can be obtained with that Awakening selection. Got Cloud’s Wind Arcane, which is nice and relevant. And better for Cloud’s whole deal than his Dark Arcane, because it’s a 20+1 type. The ideal setup would be to fire it off with full USB1 power just before the final phase.

Enlong on
    It was a bad omen when the daily was a 1*.

So hello darkness, my old friend, 1/11 Tyro USB1 dupe.

I had 4 targets on the core banner when it first dropped. After I think 10 draws on it, I'm down to 3.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Bleh. If I want to keep using Fang, I’m gonna have to get a lot of crystals. I may try Bartz in-between just while grinding.

Edit: relatedly, I went and spent my ticket on Wind, because my biggest upgrade for Lightning can be obtained with that Awakening selection. Got Cloud’s Wind Arcane, which is nice and relevant. And better for Cloud’s whole deal than his Dark Arcane, because it’s a 20+1 type. The ideal setup would be to fire it off with full USB1 power just before the final phase.

Cloud USB1 + AOSB lets you skip most of the fight. The strategy I ended up using jumped from phase 1 directly to phase 3.

I’d like to hear that strategy, so I can steal what parts of it I can replicate.

@Enlong My clear here:

Clear I based my clear off of here.