As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Jeff Cobb is going to fight Jon Moxley on Dynamite next week!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Fuck yes Jeff Cobb

• SproutSprout Registered User regular

Sounds like it’s not a one-time thing.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    THE BIG BOY IS HERE

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    THE BIG BOY IS HERE

And he smells good!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ahahaha oh wow

Cobb being around makes Haggar and Wardlow basically irrelevant

No one is gonna be a better big man than Cobb

CYpGAPn.png
    Jesus MJF

You gotta get off camera and fix ur junk

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Jesus MJF

You gotta get off camera and fix ur junk

It’s not like Jungle Boy’s hog situation is less obscene right now.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Was spasming on JR’s word a day calendar?

edited February 2020
    Yo that Nightmare Family Foxhound shirt is MINE

bloodyroarxx on
    How WWE never quite got that Moxley was the real star out of the Shield, I don't know.

xderwsaxganu.png
    How WWE never quite got that Moxley was the real star out of the Shield, I don't know.

Four words

It’s such good shit

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Willing to say that's the best AEW ep yet

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    What's a good, free, Jeff Cobb match to show to a friend of mine who doesn't really know who he is?

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Not sure I've seen this specific match, but you cant go wrong with this matchup. Cobb vs Ishii

https://youtu.be/4MuP5snRqS0

Magell on
    edited February 2020
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    What's a good, free, Jeff Cobb match to show to a friend of mine who doesn't really know who he is?

The entirety of his Aztec Warfare 2 debut, just tell him it's this suplex monster but without all the monster gear and that he's hot actually
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJja5iCVTYs

Sweeney Tom on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh laud has there ever been a big meaty Hoss heel faction that plays rock paper sicciors to decide who gets to rumble that night with a white board tracking the wins

And then the faction explodes in a tournament of big meaty men with big egos wanting to prove they are the hossiest

Even sorta curve ball and fill it out with a smaller face who wins it all

/Fantasy book over

icGJy2C.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    This is the only time I'll buy into the dumb old wrestling logic of a smaller dude can't win only because it's a big bodies bodied each other off

icGJy2C.png
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular

I got back into wrestling in the lead up to wm30, with Bryan and the Shield being the main reasons. I was really high on the product and Ambrose specifically through the Shield breakup. As the Ambrose/Rollins feud wound down and they were clearly moving Ambrose aside in favor of the other two is when I became disillusioned with WWE. The early days of the brand split, with Ambrose as the kingpin of Smackdown got me excited again but obviously that didn't last either. In summation, Mox is best shield.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    Ryan Satin is saying the one source he had confirmed with said Cobb hasn't signed full time its only for a few dates, but honestly that's fine

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

I got back into wrestling in the lead up to wm30, with Bryan and the Shield being the main reasons. I was really high on the product and Ambrose specifically through the Shield breakup. As the Ambrose/Rollins feud wound down and they were clearly moving Ambrose aside in favor of the other two is when I became disillusioned with WWE. The early days of the brand split, with Ambrose as the kingpin of Smackdown got me excited again but obviously that didn't last either. In summation, Mox is best shield.

I'm the opposite. Came back in the lead up to mania 30. Loved the Shield, but felt Ambrose was the weak link. I didn't like his in ring style or look. I hate the "Whacky line" and the asylum thing after the breakup. I just had no real interest in the Ambrose character. Moxley's work since leaving has helped, but I could definitely see why they would focus on Reigns over Ambrose.

If you folks need a good pick me up this morning watch this and listen to Justin Roberts day Jesus

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Mox's character and ring style just works better in a non PG show. He comes off as dangerous, rather than wacky.

• jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    So Dynamite delivered another great show this week. Jeff Cobb is a great get. MJF and Jungleboy was a great match. Britt was a great face on the local scene here in the Burgh and she’s a genuine great person but it wasn’t connecting in AEW. She is really killing it in these interviews and being heel is the absolute correct call. Jericho kind of broke character for a moment when the fans were singing Judas and that was pretty cool to see.

NXT was the weaker show tonight as they were in their usual pre takeover holding pattern. The Riddle and Dunne skits had me dying when Riddle was freaked about being stopped by the cops. Not sure what NXT is doing with Kushida but I hope it they figure it out soon. The Velveteen Roddy stuff is not working for me. I know Dream is about mind games and I’m sure Roddy and Marina probably gave the OK but it’s messing with the heel/face dynamics.

Different week but same theme, both shows are extremely good and make what’s being put out on Monday and Friday nights look like garbage. Fuck Vince for putting them up head to head like this both shows would benefit from being separated. Watching 4 hours of wrestling even via DVR would get old but both shows are keeping me invested.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Mox's character and ring style just works better in a non PG show. He comes off as dangerous, rather than wacky.

Vince feeding you stale tough guy lines makes it really hard to come off as dangerous. Some guys just don't hit full potential until you take the leashes off.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

Vince feeding you stale tough guy lines makes it really hard to come off as dangerous. Some guys just don't hit full potential until you take the leashes off.

And you've just made me think back to the "You're just the guy who plays John Cena on TV" promo.

God, that whole run up to No Mercy 2016 had some fire in the promos.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Cedric Alexander is pissed about the fact that he hasn't won a match on TV since September and his appearance on Raw, where he was treated as an after thought as part of the Angel/Humberto fued, was the first time he had been on TV since December.

There are some other tweets, like RTing Matt Hardy's farewell among others, that show he ain't super pleased.

CYpGAPn.png
    Fuck! wanna hear this banter
    Sprout wrote: »
    They have to stop putting actual story content in the picture-in-picture segments. What is even the point of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq4MqgzCauo

I love Nyla complaining about the lack of applause and respect from the few people gathered to see her after her big win, and then Leva genuinely offers a high-five and gets left hanging

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I still think that belt is too damn small and in Nyla's hands it's apparent.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    yeah now it looks like a toy replica

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i started watching AEW this season, this is the first time i have ever watched a wrestling show, coming in completely uninitiated, i dont know who any of these people are except Kenny Omega, so i am only getting what the show is supplying to me in terms of context

but, armed with only this information, I can safely conclude that Britt Baker is the greatest

also i cannot wait for MJF to get dismantled.......... by anyone really, but I suppose it's going to be Cody isn't it

but what can you do with a character like MJF once he's gotten his ass handed to him?

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Cody isn't above being the fall guy to prop someone else up or push a storyline. The pop-off will be big if he beats MJF, but it could be bigger if MJF is a threat with a record and gets knocked down by someone else but I have no idea who if it isn't going to be Cody.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    So happy that someone in NJPW is finally smart enough to try to wrestle a technical match against Jon Moxley to neutralize his brawling/death match advantage.

Strong style is dead, long live Sabrism!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I still wish I could fin Mox interesting rather then boring and still goofy

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
    edited February 2020
    Chris Brookes is still the best

(The second tweet is in response to MrLariato, who always posts gifs from Japan and AEW shows etc, just having his tweets taken down and his account suspended due to FITE TV going after him for New Japan and AEW Dynamite gifs. AEW [Cody, Kenny and the Bucks specifically] has previously been publicly okay with gifs, and New Japan previously updated guidelines specifically so fans could share gifs on social media; this is entirely FITE's fucked-up decision. Thankfully AAW and other companies are publicly speaking out against it thus far today, saying gifs are a big reason they have increased their audience so much the last few years via social media)

Sweeney Tom on
This discussion has been closed.