As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

NiryaNirya Registered User regular
edited July 2021 in Social Entropy++
This NBA season has been, well, rather to form so far.

In the West, the Lakers got Anthony Davis, caused Dwight Howard to become sane, and have raced out to the best record in the conference. The Clippers have been similarly good, the Mavericks and Grizzlies have been pleasant surprises, and we are already wondering if the Warriors will prove that Andrew Wiggins is "actually good" (spoilers: he's not).

In the East, the Bucks have become even more terrifying, the Raptors have currently won 15 straight and look like title contenders after losing Kawhi, and the Sixers are doing Sixers things, which is as good or bad as you believe it to be.

It's about to be the All-Star break, which is changing the format to honor the recently-deceased Kobe Bryant, and features a ton of new young All-Stars like Luka Doncic, Trae Young, and Brandon Ingram. Also our lord and savior Dame Lillard will be there and will probably score 1000 points just because Russell Westbrook is in his immediate vicinity.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
3DS: 2981-5304-3227
Nirya on

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    There are too many teams with former Duke players on the roster

Please consolidate those players to two teams, NBA. One team for Zion and the Dallas Cowboys for the rest

Thanks in advance

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I still think the Hansbrough's all should have been merged years ago.

Too many of those giant, white dudes.

I still think the Hansbrough's all should have been merged years ago.

Too many of those giant, white dudes.

You wound me because I know you mean the Plumlees

Tyler Hansbrough is a treasure

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fuck! You're right!

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It’s both actually

Even if the Hansbroughs aren’t Dookies

Captain Inertia on
    I got my big, goofy, white guys confused.

The problem is their millennial names all run together

Miles, Mason, the other one, Tyler, etc

Ben Hansbrough is a 6' 3" guard

He is white as hell though

The third Plumlee is Murfreesboro

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Psycho T is absolutely the goofiest tho

https://youtu.be/EHNMPvm4WvQ

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

embiid ended marcus morris' life tonight

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    Re: Dwight Howard. Just saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpLpdT2xZNs

Its kinda funny.

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Doncic is a wizard

• Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    It still blows my mind the Mavericks got him from the #5 spot for one extra first rounder.

It still blows my mind the Mavericks got him from the #5 spot for one extra first rounder.

https://deadspin.com/kings-gm-vlade-divac-im-the-dumbest-shithead-in-the-n-1792561853

Old Deadspin article so go ahead and click

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I will forever be conflicted between Trae and Luka being Hawks

luka is better both ways imo (but literally every qualifying player in the nba is better defensively than young). but it's truly ridiculous that vlade still has a job after passing on doncic.

like, i'm a random moron and it was easy to me to see that his game would translate and that he was going to be good as hell.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Vivek is high on his own farts and Vlade doesn't question him.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    If it was for a different player I might get it, but passing on Luka for Bagley? Wow a non-center sized post scorer that doesn't pass or defend and whose shooting is average at best?

It was literally "Well he can jump more better, much more important than literally every other basketball skill or trait"

Randy Butternubbs on
    When was the last time any of you thought about Deandre Ayton before reading this post

When was the last time any of you thought about Deandre Ayton before reading this post

Actually earlier today! I was looking at some of my cards and came across one of his and remembered I got $50 for a rookie card of his early last year.

Not everyone is a fan of Luka.

Luke Walton to Luka Doncic - "Do me a favor, give a ref your autograph after the game. He's a fan"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZzM6IrmMuU

i mean that's a pretty good bit i enjoyed it

aeNqQM9.jpg

He's on my Young Guns (And Harrison Barnes) Sacramento team for one of my NBA Live 19 characters

He's at his best when the team outpaces him so he's drawn the poor center guarding him completely out of the play

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    So, obvs a bit early to speculate, but who do you guys think is a better prospect at this point, Luka or Zion?

burbo wrote: »
    So, obvs a bit early to speculate, but who do you guys think is a better prospect at this point, Luka or Zion?

Luka no question

For every “look at the names of players who have put up stats x,y,z by age 20” list Zion is on, Luka has created 10 more new lists that only have his name on them

Ringo wrote: »

He's on my Young Guns (And Harrison Barnes) Sacramento team for one of my NBA Live 19 characters

He's at his best when the team outpaces him so he's drawn the poor center guarding him completely out of the play

Ayton is actually pretty good!

But pretty good is still only 1/3 as good as Luka and 3/4 as good as Trae

But he’s missed a lot of games and is kind of a dipshit

I think the key will be which one can stay healthy.

I have to think that Luka's real skill focused game has the chance to just stay strong for 2 decades. Zion probably has more.room to grow, but the league has seen a lot of physical freaks over the years make a huge impact early and tail off (Blake, Amare, Shawn Kemp, even Westbrook). Lebron is the true freak who has been able to keep making an impact for a long time, but he also has unmatched instinct, vision, and durability. I'm not sure Zion has any of those things.

So I guess I choose Luka as the superior prospect, somehow.

Zion's defensive instincts were unreal at the college level, the ball just seemed to gravitate towards him

I hope that continues to be a mainstay in his arsenal

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    burbo wrote: »
    I have to think that Luka's real skill focused game has the chance to just stay strong for 2 decades. Zion probably has more.room to grow, but the league has seen a lot of physical freaks over the years make a huge impact early and tail off (Blake, Amare, Shawn Kemp, even Westbrook). Lebron is the true freak who has been able to keep making an impact for a long time, but he also has unmatched instinct, vision, and durability. I'm not sure Zion has any of those things.

So I guess I choose Luka as the superior prospect, somehow.

Also, environment. At the moment I don't put too much stock into him developing into a player that can be great for the next 2 decades, simply because of the franchise he is at. And I am saying that as a Hornets/Pelicans fan for nearly 30 years. Right now his ceiling is being on the highlight reel for a few years before he inevitably goes to another franchise, where he might or might not develop more.

Doncic might as well be the next Dirk in terms of longevity and staying with the same franchise.

Luka has a ton more potential for longevity.

Zion is a young man player. He plays with the athleticism of youth and as that starts to fade, whether from age or injury, it'll be interesting to see if his game can evolve or not.

edited February 2020
    Zion is already a better shooter than Lebron at this stage and I see him as a guy who will keep working and adding a new tool to his arsenal every year as Bron did too

Like Zion could be an all-timer but I think Luka has a chance at GOAT

Captain Inertia on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular

Please consolidate those players to two teams, NBA. One team for Zion and the Dallas Cowboys for the rest

Thanks in advance

The Pelicans could have an all Duke starting lineup.

Frank Jackson - PG
    JJ Reddick - SG
    Brandon Ingram - SF
    Zion Williamson - PF
    Jahlil Okafor - C

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Westbook tailed off when he slowed down because he's a bad shooter. Zion isn't and should evolve into a perennial All-Star at worst.

Ayton is actually pretty good!

But pretty good is still only 1/3 as good as Luka and 3/4 as good as Trae

But he’s missed a lot of games and is kind of a dipshit

Trae is a really really bad defender. Trae averages 10 more points and almost 5 more assists than Collin Sexton but the Hawks only have one more win than the Cavs who are truly awful.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Zion is shooting 36% from 3, not too bad, but only 1.1 attempts per game. So, he has shot 11 threes and made 4 of them in his career, all in his first game. Combined with his unusual form, and 64% FT, I'm not ready to call him a better shooter than Bron yet, but maybe he can be good. We'll see.

SirToasty wrote: »

Thanks in advance

The Pelicans could have an all Duke starting lineup.

Frank Jackson - PG
    JJ Reddick - SG
    Brandon Ingram - SF
    Zion Williamson - PF
    Jahlil Okafor - C

This is why the Pelicans should trade Zion for Seth Curry!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.