As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    HX-2 and 3 stratstuff
    yeah I actually didn't place a single operator on the lower lane on HX-2

It's all about lining up slows and Arts damage along the route

HX-3 you can re-route the boss back through a maze a couple times (I also used Specter to sit there and not die for awhile, while he sat inside a kill box)
    Yeah, it's kind of WTF when he one-shots Cuora from full through her buffs.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Is FEater required or could Shaw send things into the box with her 2nd skill. Also what's this mastery thing? I have a feeling it relates to the training room doesn't it?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mill wrote: »
    Is FEater required or could Shaw send things into the box with her 2nd skill. Also what's this mastery thing? I have a feeling it relates to the training room doesn't it?

Purely in terms of pushing things, there's no real difference between Shaw and FEater (Well, aside from the fact that Shaw's animation is a bit quicker)

The real "must have" part of that trick is Angelina's E2

Maddoc on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Okay, breaking the AI seems like cheating.

And I don't have anyone E2 yet (SilverAsh E1 80 atm, so he's close), so... I'm a long ways off from clobbering stuff like these maps I think. I got the clear on HX-2, but didn't kill the boss. Need slows or something, and I'm not sure I feel like bothering to figure it out.

Yeah, you want slows.

Use a Support if you need to. They're there and these are one-time maps.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Huh, I forgot my second 6* from the newbie banner was Angelina. Guess I'll throw some EXP at her, though definitely not E2'ing at this point for any 6*.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Barely got HX-2. Had to do some early damage to the boss and redeploy a bit as he was about to hit the end.

I'll need more levels to do challenge mode with my team I think.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    HX-1 Challenge mode is about roster depth that you have enough Defenders, Vanguards, and Guards built up to limp along until you can get a single healer out.

HX-2 Challenge mode is mostly about placement, you don't need much of a change, you just need to understand the vastly increased DPS coming out from the drones and wolves and react accordingly.

HX-3 Challenge mode is basically the same, maybe adjust your opening Vanguard plays.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    cleared up to gt-hx-2 challenge mode, cleared gt-hx-3 but didn't have enough practice tickets to work on the challenge mode for that one. will finish up after reset, probably

edit: that's a wrap
    unknown.png?width=1062&height=467

initially funneling the enemies to take a longer path can be accomplished with a single roadblock carefully placed so you can centralize your team placements in the center of the map which has more ranged squares to utilize for murdering the giant waves of enemies

https://youtu.be/EEJtLsQt7pg

Orphane on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got the challenge versions done myself. Now that I knew what I was doing, it actually went smoother than my normal non-challenge clear of GT-XH-3.

Used this team:
    dlEOzxD.jpg

On the boss Croissant stunned him and the entire gigantic wave of enemies with him for 3 seconds, then after she took her noble sacrifice I had Cuora tank the rest of the boss till he was dead. Her skill let her take the hit, and Silence+Saria was enough to keep her topped off between hits. I didn't have to do any block re-pathing shenanigans for the boss.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Awwwww yeah, cleared the third event stage and got myself a Grani. She seems pretty useful?

My GT-HX-3 Challenge Mode:
    https://youtu.be/uJV-0xq4kZw

My casters are garbo so I don't have the DPS to kill Adam inside of Cuora's block, so I hedge by deploying down which makes it easier to bounce him after the melee are dead.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I cleared all the EX and HX maps except the challenge modes last night. I'll have to give those a try at some point. Though HX-2 and 3 were hard enough without added challenge to them :P I guess the only thing HX-3 adds is it makes it harder to cheese at the end, so maybe it's still doable. Honestly when I did it he didn't even make a full loop back around so there wasn't a whole lot of "cheese" other than the one time making Big Adam turn back around. I don't think a 15 cost block is really gonna ruin that...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    HX-3 Challenge is the only thing I have left. Blew my entire stash of plans, the daily allotment of stamina, and the free 200 figuring it out though.
    Have to try and tackle HX-3 Challenge tonight... shouldn't be too different from the original plan but the extra block cost is gonna mean having to figure out the beginning all over again since I did a lot of initial funneling.

Every example I've checked out so far just uses Texas' stun to buy time and I really don't want to have to stop event farming to E1 and promote my Texas yet.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I have an e1 Texas in my support box if you need to borrow one

I have an e1 Texas in my support box if you need to borrow one

God, auto deploy has got me forgetting this is even a thing that can be done XD

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    You all are going to end up shaming me into clearing these hard mode stages... I may need to borrow some casters from someone though for the boss... or just figure out better placements? Or upgrade that new Istina.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    What're you guys using to record your runs?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited February 2020
    Polaritie wrote: »
    You all are going to end up shaming me into clearing these hard mode stages... I may need to borrow some casters from someone though for the boss... or just figure out better placements? Or upgrade that new Istina.

FWIW, I beat them all and my highest character is Siege at e1 55. Most of the others were e1 30-40 ish and I doubt I even needed them that high. They are totally doable with a lowbie team :3 IMO HX-2 is the only one that's particularly difficult in terms of needing raw stats (at least for a 3 star clear.. I think 2 star is pretty easy). HX-3 can be cheesed to high heaven to make it much more reasonable.

Warlock82 on
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    What're you guys to doing to record your runs?

My Note has built in recording software. I assume a lot of people's phones do.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

i use OBS since i play on emulator

edited February 2020

If you're on Android I've found AZ Screen Recorder a really great app for recording. Do note that because Android is dumb it won't record sound (it's an OS restriction because Google sucks). IIRC there's an option to record sound using your phone's microphone but obviously that sounds like absolute butts.

Edit: Example
    https://youtu.be/sNIC5Hl9IYI

Warlock82 on
    Huh, I can record sound just fine on Android.

edited February 2020
    Huh, I can record sound just fine on Android.

From google:
    Since Android 7.0 Nougat, Google disabled the ability for apps to record your internal audio, which means there's no base level method to record the sounds from your apps and games as you record the screen.

Maybe you're on an older OS.

Edit: Oh, Android 10.0 will add the capability back in. WTB naow plz. Looks like this is only on Google Pixel right now.

Warlock82 on
    Nah, I have a Note 9 on Android 9.0. I can manually upgrade to 10.0, but waiting on the OTA update atm. (It's out over the air on AT&T but not Verizon yet.)

Maybe mine works already because it's built in Samsung software.

Ah yeah, I vaguely recall reading that Samsung specifically had some weird workaround built into their phones.

Orphane wrote: »

i use OBS since i play on emulator

I usually play on phone or tablet but I swap to emu and use OBS when I record. I can record on tablet but I experience some pretty bad slowdown so it looks bad.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Decided I wanted Saria after seeing some videos of what she can pull off, so I threw a 10 pull ticket in and let the dice fall where they may.

PFsRURMl.jpg

*confused but happy screaming* Holy shit YES. The 6* I wanted above all else, Lord of EXUSPLOSION herself!

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I can also share my Texas.

Or if someone wants I can put Spectre in once I’ve got her at E1 and skill 7.

Madican wrote: »
    Decided I wanted Saria after seeing some videos of what she can pull off, so I threw a 10 pull ticket in and let the dice fall where they may.

PFsRURMl.jpg

*confused but happy screaming* Holy shit YES. The 6* I wanted above all else, Lord of EXUSPLOSION herself!

I got her as my guaranteed 5*+ on that same banner. I think she has a secret rate up.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Guiltily, I made an extra pull because I'm jealous. Was so excited as I opened the bag to...

Beagle.

What is this I don't even.
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I have poor impulse control, so gave it a yolo 10 pull, and got Sora. Who I haven no idea how/what she is does, but also I have too many healers now...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »
    I have poor impulse control, so gave it a yolo 10 pull, and got Sora. Who I haven no idea how/what she is does, but also I have too many healers now...

She can heal or buff everyones ATK. And she's cheap as all hell to deploy; only 5 deployment.

E1 Sora buffs your allies attack by a flat value based upon her own attack.

She scales extremely well in buffing any unit with fast attack speed. Like our 6* Sharpshooter or Beehunter for example.

Lorek wrote: »

She can heal or buff everyones ATK. And she's cheap as all hell to deploy; only 5 deployment.

Oh damn, I got one of her too in the multi and forgot to even look at what she did. That sounds amazing!

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I need to start keeping track of who I have at what levels...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Well, Cuora E1 50, skill level 7 and Istina E1 30 skill 4 now. Should be able to figure something out for getting that last star on HX-2 now... although... do the challenge modes offer anything but the 1 orig prime and bragging rights?

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Sora is great. I use her all the time and she does real dumb shit. Love her.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited February 2020
    Beat HX-3 challenge map. Honestly not particularly harder except the first couple minutes. It was mostly a matter of stalling with Fang until I could get my second block down. Timing was a little tight (kept having issues of guys slipping through Siege/Texas blockade until I switched Texas back to her stun skill... which of course then made the timing even tighter), but at least managed to do it. Not like I need an auto deploy for the thing or anything :P One win is enough :3

Now I'll have to do the other two. Figured I'd start with HX-3 since I did it last and it was a little more fresh in my mind :P

Also went ahead and beat 4-8 and 4-9. 4-8 was only a 2* (one dumb guy slipped through) so I need to go back and redo it, but got my extra Amiya merge so yay. I really hate those guys that stun you and leech your life away.

Warlock82 on
    I think this is the best pull video I've ever seen

https://youtu.be/bmQSw4vc1f0