As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wolcen] Out of EA Today (2/13)! Servers online, but shakey.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Anybody else having real trouble looting things? My character just runs around instead of grabbing the thing I'm clicking on unless I hit Shift to attack in place, which makes her swing her sword angrily at the loot while she picks it up. I also can't attack bats normally to save my life, it's like they are one pixel sized and if I don't click on the exact pixel my character just runs around the bat. Other than that game is fun but those issues happen constantly, it's starting to gnaw at my fun a fair bit.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Several hours is some bad juju. Oh well. I won't be able to really dive into this until tomorrow anyways.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    Sounds like their marketing push of "get every YouTuber who cares about ARPGs to talk about our game" worked and now all of their servers are on fire.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Not the first time day 1 purchases has taken down an online game. Won't be the last. Anyone that has done any level of online integrated programming will know its not trivial to just add capacity.

At least they are being really communicative.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    How are the endgame rewards and/or progression metered out, do we know yet? I don't really have the same longing for long fights that a lot of folks seem to, so I'm curious how that plays into the endgame. If every fight is a 5-minute affair with constant dodging, repositioning, and swapping attacks to counter enemy weaknesses, and if every endgame mission therefore takes 30 minutes, it's probably not for me. I'm asking from a place of total ignorance, mind you.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    My archer does not want to hit some of the bats. Even with both of us standing still and making sure I have the bat highlighted (the cursor spot being below them on the ground), my arrows just fly by. Oh well.

A couple hours in and I am definitely enjoying it. Looks great and runs smoothly.

Anyone know if:

1) There's a key to keep my archer from moving forward when shooting? Having move and shoot on LMB often means I'm charging forward when I would rather not.

2) There's a key to highlight interactable objects/loot?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    In the prerelease beta the "rift" bosses went down quicker and quicker as I got more unique drops. I would wager this stays the same in the full game.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    It's either Ctrl or Shift that makes your character stand still while attacking.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    My archer does not want to hit some of the bats. Even with both of us standing still and making sure I have the bat highlighted (the cursor spot being below them on the ground), my arrows just fly by. Oh well.

A couple hours in and I am definitely enjoying it. Looks great and runs smoothly.

Anyone know if:

1) There's a key to keep my archer from moving forward when shooting? Having move and shoot on LMB often means I'm charging forward when I would rather not.

2) There's a key to highlight interactable objects/loot?

1 is LShift and 2 is LAlt - you can find all the keys in the Options/Controls. Using the Shift key makes killing the bats a lot easier too.

I'm getting the hang of this more now and while I'm still annoyed by the targeting issues I'm getting the muscle memory training to bypass most of them with Shift button. Had trouble finding any warrior skills early on but once I had enough cash to buy a few things got a lot more fun.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Well I’d been debating it but I finally decided to snag it this morning before the price went up.

Looks like it went up to $40 not $45 this afternoon so that’s nice for people who did wait.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    How are the endgame rewards and/or progression metered out, do we know yet? I don't really have the same longing for long fights that a lot of folks seem to, so I'm curious how that plays into the endgame. If every fight is a 5-minute affair with constant dodging, repositioning, and swapping attacks to counter enemy weaknesses, and if every endgame mission therefore takes 30 minutes, it's probably not for me. I'm asking from a place of total ignorance, mind you.

SkillUp mentioned there is some sort of city progression thing as the end game, and it takes quite a while to progress through. He said 100 hours if you want to unlock stuff, potential thousands of hours if you really get into it?

Sounds like each map takes 5-10 minutes and you have an option to progress further at the end. Progressing further is how you unlock starting at higher levels later. Not 100% sure how it works. He said the story took him 20ish hours to get through before he got to that.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Game is good and bright in a way Grimdawn isn't. However the targeting feels wonky. Is there anyway to just stand still and fire (particularly for mages). Hard to keep track of the cursor at 4K.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    hold shift to stay in place and fire at the cursor.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    hold shift to stay in place and fire at the cursor.

God mode activated.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Just saw the Skill Up review and decided to bite even with the potential issues.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QChrPRqP4gc

I had been playing Grim Dawn which is good but isn't grabbing me the way I thought it would considering how much time I spent in Titan Quest so I've been itching for a different ARPG to try. Wolcen looks to be a lot more engaging to play so I'm willing to plonk down some coin to give it a whirl!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    new update;

Status update: servers and server capacities are currently being deployed and will be fully functionnal in a few hours. We're also preparing a hotfix for progression reset issues. We will push that hotfix in a few hours as well.

edit: servers are up and seem to be good..for now

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I am tempted to buy it right now. I had no idea this existed, and this thread is getting me kinda excited. It having server issues sucks. haha.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Kinda fun so far, but gawd the female character model is awful. /sigh

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

They're both kind of ugly, and the hairstyles are rough. . .also the back pain on that young lady. Thankfully can just toss a sack and a bag over their head and body.

Also the servers are online. I repeat servers are online. ANDSv2 if anyone is looking to co-op.

• Options
    edited February 2020

Her head is so tiny and the rest of her is almost Bayonetta tier but not quite so it all just sits in this weird unsettling valley.

TOGSolid.8340 if anyone wants to add me as a friend and jump in!

@ED! What's your tag in Wolcen? ANDSv2 doesn't show up as anything.

EDIT: Hrm, seems that online isn't up to snuff just yet. I keep trying to make a private game and it keeps failing.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Her head is so tiny and the rest of her is almost Bayonetta tier but not quite so it all just sits in this weird unsettling valley.

EDIT: Hrm, seems that online isn't up to snuff just yet. I keep trying to make a private game and it keeps failing.

Yeah...they were up for like, 20 minutes before the hordes descended upon them again

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Managed to get on online game and join with my son then the game caused my computer to reboot. Mighta been too aggressive running 4k with ultra settings. Moved that down to High and then after a few attempts was able to get into a new game again with my son. We then were able to play up to poison boss on the battlefield protecting the lightning cannon. However after killing him it kicked us out of game before I was able to grab the loot. My son has school tomorrow so calling it a night in the game. Hopefully things will be running a bit more smoothly tomorrow.

Game seems like it's gonna be a whole lot of fun to play if they get past their release day problems.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    So I wanted to make a battlemage, but is there no way to generate Willpower except on Staves?
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Whoops. My username is actually ANDS! on Steam. In game it looks like its ands.5229.

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    So I wanted to make a battlemage, but is there no way to generate Willpower except on Staves?

There is a one handed magic weapon type called a catalyst that lets you cast spells and generate willpower, I believe.

I'm gonna be trying out daggers + catalyst to see if I can make some sort of stabby spellcaster.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Spending rage generates willpower and vice versa. Also, auto-attacking with a non-staff weapon generates rage at the cost of willpower. It's a constant tug-of-war, so if you want to make a battlemage you've got to find a weapon and skill setup that lets you generate rage so you can go into a spend rage->generate willpower->spend willpower->generate rage cycle. Also also, the game keeps you from just spamming a rage spender and a willpower spender by having lag time in the resource generation so you can't hyperspam spells/attacks at the same time.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    nm someone else got it.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I started off w/ a magic/rage mix..then I got tracker choice (throw a chain and pull all enemies it goes through to you) mixed with the whirlwind skill and jesus christ. Trackers choice is officially my favorite thing

taliosfalcon on
  • Options

There is a one handed magic weapon type called a catalyst that lets you cast spells and generate willpower, I believe.

I'm gonna be trying out daggers + catalyst to see if I can make some sort of stabby spellcaster.

Looks like the catalyst only lets you cast spells, doesn't generate Willpower.
    Spending rage generates willpower and vice versa. Also, auto-attacking with a non-staff weapon generates rage at the cost of willpower. It's a constant tug-of-war, so if you want to make a battlemage you've got to find a weapon and skill setup that lets you generate rage so you can go into a spend rage->generate willpower->spend willpower->generate rage cycle. Also also, the game keeps you from just spamming a rage spender and a willpower spender by having lag time in the resource generation so you can't hyperspam spells/attacks at the same time.

That's what I thought it was doing but I wasn't sure. Right now I only have the AoE free ability and it's on a cooldown. It's funny, offline these skill items were dropping like candy. I have only seen one since going online.

• Options

That's what I thought it was doing but I wasn't sure. Right now I only have the AoE free ability and it's on a cooldown. It's funny, offline these skill items were dropping like candy. I have only seen one since going online.

You can buy skills for 2k in town in case somebody missed the vendor. It's the one down and right from the town portal. Speaking of vendors, I'm super annoyed by how passive-aggressive they all are about browsing. If you spend 5 seconds without buying or selling something they start to loudly proclaim how you are wasting their time. Whoever designed that feature deserves to be slapped.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So there's apparently some progression issues, if you get to a part in Act 2 it'll reset your campaign progress back to the beginning, kind of annoying. They're apparently working on a patch to fix this this evening but I'd recommend not getting too far until they put it in.

Edit: Patch is now out! Update via Steam.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    So there's apparently some progression issues, if you get to a part in Act 2 it'll reset your campaign progress back to the beginning, kind of annoying. They're apparently working on a patch to fix this this evening but I'd recommend not getting too far until they put it in.

the in

Looks like the catalyst only lets you cast spells, doesn't generate Willpower.

The default/ left click (that you can't change, which is dumb) will *always* spend your willpower to generate rage, which threw me off for a bit

• Options
    Well that was six hours that sped by. Definitely want controller support for this bad boy. My fingers just aren't nimble enough anymore to handle clicking around the keyboard.

• Options
    Bah, my internet went down for a bit which halted the progress of my gigantic warhammer wielding angry marine. I took the opportunity to go offline and try magic out and hot damn, even the low level spells are a blast to use. The only other game I've played where being low level felt this good was Torchlight. Funnily enough, both involve special abilities involving giant fuck off magic hammers :D

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Well that was six hours that sped by. Definitely want controller support for this bad boy. My fingers just aren't nimble enough anymore to handle clicking around the keyboard.

I'm still miffed Blizzard never ported controller support to PC D3. They nailed it so well in the console versions, why not port it?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The console versions have different drop rates and inventory sizes, so the whole item management thing isn't compatible. But I'd still take controller even if it was only for combat.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Nice to hear Alix Wilton Regan playing an inquisitor again.

She was one of the voices for the Inquisitor in Dragon Age 3, and here she's Valeria.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I went from starting with a bow, to leaping around with a giant hammer, to bashing stuff sword and board ( pretty sweet shield animations! ), and rounded out the evening with staff w/ an icy meteor.

Went into warrior for health and a crit node, then rotated the middle a couple times to branch into warlock and start working towards a node that adds 30% damage to attacks after spells. Seems like a fun passive system for sure.

Only complaints so far are the slow trickle of skills to try ( which should get better with time ) and the targeting of certain enemies ( which stopped being an issue when I could right click a meteor on their heads ). So overall, I'm pretty well satisfied with it so far!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dots still do clown car damage

made an axe pistol bleed poison rail gun turret bladestorm jump chop shoot person taking nodes at random and it works very well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ph4gAqhdm0&feature=youtu.be

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I really want to respec but um, it wants 9k gold and i've never had more than 2k..urg. respec passive wants 500, i have 227, and i've *never* spent any of the purple crap it uses, been eating every duplicate skill drop i get to get it too