As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Gotta say, that ending of the adventure put a nice spin on 'year of the dragon', and I like it.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Are the new cards worth buying the expansion for? I haven't really seen anything pop up from them yet, but then again I haven't been playing a ton.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    If you like Quest Hunter, Mage or Palladin, then yes!

See my profile here!
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Or chonky druid.

• Options
    Also the roided up quests were worth about 2500 extra dust for me.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I like all three, and those are likely the next three golden hero portraits i'm going after. Guess I'm buying it!

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    forty wrote: »
    I think the gravy train Lunar Festival quests end tomorrow. :(

It was fun while it lasted.

Brawl is pick a class, get a deck where everything's half cost, but you can only play two cards a turn.

Coin + Deathwing on turn 4 is just mean.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    In this Brawl where you can only play 2 cards per turn, with Paladin decks you have Hidden Wisdom.

Hidden_Wisdom%2889448%29.png?version=0cc5bceb1c7bea5247a8d38ff9fe39b9

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    1: Fuck Embiggen Druid
    2: Who the fuck thought breath of dreams was okay to release at 2 mana.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    bUt iT hAs A dRaGoN cOnDiTiOnAl

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    1: Fuck Embiggen Druid
    2: Who the fuck thought breath of dreams was okay to release at 2 mana.

Play Quest Hunter and needle every taunt out of the way.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    This brawl is kinda bad. Either you get the 8/8 down first and auto-win or you don't and you lose.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    i SWEAR to fucking god every single fucking embiggen druid i've gone up against has the turn 1 Embiggen into Sidequest, or Embiggen into Breath

OR ALL THREE

HOW

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    i SWEAR to fucking god every single fucking embiggen druid i've gone up against has the turn 1 Embiggen into Sidequest, or Embiggen into Breath

OR ALL THREE

HOW

it's called being good at the game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    zepherin wrote: »
    Tirion is busted strong. I have had him 4 times and gotten top 4 every time and 1st place twice. Just ridiculous.

I think I would take Tirion over Nefarian.

I take Tirion over everything else because his HP is busted (+7/+7 a turn is really goddamn good!!) and has uncontested access to minions that no one else blinks an eye at.

Although sometimes you have Tirion runs like I just did when I didn't get offered a neutral minion for the first 5 turns.

Yeah, I placed 8th. It's virtually impossible at high MMRs to place anywhere close to the top 4 without getting value out of your hero power. Facing AFK right after her power spike didn't help.

Edit: And no, you can't just re-roll in early turns with Tirion. He needs to use pretty much every gold to buy and hero power, or else he falls behind and dies. So while he is super powerful when he gets what he needs, he can easily collapse with bad luck.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I am having fun with this deck, cards feeding into each other, but it needs a little more pepper. Suggestions?

# 1x (0) Elemental Evocation
    # 1x (1) Elemental Allies
    # 1x (1) Learn Draconic
    # 1x (1) Magic Trick
    # 1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple
    # 1x (1) Ray of Frost
    # 1x (1) Violet Spellwing
    # 1x (2) Licensed Adventurer
    # 1x (2) Mana Cyclone
    # 1x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 1x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (3) Arcane Amplifier
    # 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
    # 1x (3) Counterspell
    # 1x (3) Frost Nova
    # 1x (3) Ice Barrier
    # 1x (3) Spellbender
    # 1x (4) Cosmic Anomaly
    # 1x (4) Scorch
    # 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
    # 1x (4) Water Elemental
    # 1x (5) Bonfire Elemental
    # 1x (5) Cloud Prince
    # 1x (5) Rolling Fireball
    # 1x (6) Blizzard
    # 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
    # 1x (7) Animated Avalanche
    # 1x (7) Flamestrike
    # 1x (8) Mana Giant

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Well, Highlander Alex is some very good pepper for almost any Highlander deck. Do you not have her or did you just feel she was too slow for what you're trying to accomplish?

• Options
    Well, Highlander Alex is some very good pepper for almost any Highlander deck. Do you not have her or did you just feel she was too slow for what you're trying to accomplish?

I don't have that card but it's a safe craft.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

I don't have that card but it's a safe craft.
    Yeah it is. I have it in a few decks even a non highlander deck.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    In this Brawl where you can only play 2 cards per turn, with Paladin decks you have Hidden Wisdom.
    And Priests can get this bad boy:

200px-Dragon_Soul%2873322%29.png?version=a40019959db3da46ca66719c6e39181a

forty on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    randomly generated decks are random

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

OR ALL THREE

HOW
    You are suppose to mulligan all cards not
    Frizz embiggen strength of dreams or breath.
    Which is 7 cards out of 30. The odds are one of those cards start In your hand I think it’s like a 70 percent chance or something. Someone good with statistics will tell you. Then when you mulligan al of them you have another shot at it. I think with mulligan you work out to like a 88% chance of one of those cards.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    randomly generated decks are random

they're not.... entirely random, though, as i've found out

this is something they've started doing a while back with some tavern brawls; "random" deck brawls actually aren't 100% random (except for when they are, but... this ain't one of em). they usually follow a sort of theming or have guidelines which they go by. for example, in this brawl i noted things like "big/resurrect priest", "spell rogue" (yes it was awful, had dumb shit like violet spellsword and lilian voss), "dragon warrior", "demon warlock", "zoo warlock", etc etc etc

it is not coincidence that i queued as priest and it gave me Mass Resurrect, Diamond Spellstone, Lich King, Ysera, Onyx Bishop, etc etc. or that i queued as Warlock and got Skull, Mal'ganis, Jumbo Imp, Bloodreaver Gul'dan.

i don't think i really like this style though because it doesn't really feel... good? instead it feels like i'm playing a weird offshoot version of standard... i dunno, as much as the full random decks got complaints, i'm not sure this is a much better solution.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I am having fun with this deck, cards feeding into each other, but it needs a little more pepper. Suggestions?

If there's the slightest chance the Amplifier will stick for two HPs, Jan'alai might be an option.

Haven't dropped it in yet, but this has been fun through two games. I did add the new Reno but he hasn't seen play in either.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options

# 1x (0) Elemental Evocation
    # 1x (1) Elemental Allies
    # 1x (1) Learn Draconic
    # 1x (1) Magic Trick
    # 1x (1) Raid the Sky Temple
    # 1x (1) Ray of Frost
    # 1x (1) Violet Spellwing
    # 1x (2) Licensed Adventurer
    # 1x (2) Mana Cyclone
    # 1x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 1x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 1x (3) Arcane Amplifier
    # 1x (3) Arcane Intellect
    # 1x (3) Counterspell
    # 1x (3) Frost Nova
    # 1x (3) Ice Barrier
    # 1x (3) Spellbender
    # 1x (4) Cosmic Anomaly
    # 1x (4) Scorch
    # 1x (4) Sky Gen'ral Kragg
    # 1x (4) Water Elemental
    # 1x (5) Bonfire Elemental
    # 1x (5) Cloud Prince
    # 1x (5) Rolling Fireball
    # 1x (6) Blizzard
    # 1x (6) Reno the Relicologist
    # 1x (7) Animated Avalanche
    # 1x (7) Flamestrike
    # 1x (8) Mana Giant

I switched out the Avalanche Twins for Siamat. The rush is more valuable.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Did I miss part of the story?
    Why does Rafaam kill Galakrond?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FyrflyFyrfly Registered User new member
    Is anyone going to PAX East 2020? It's not on the official schedule but I'm trying to find a group to play hearthstone during Pax.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »

I suspect that...
    ...the E.V.I.L. ending has us as the victim of an unreliable narrator in the form of Rafaam.

Rather than lose to Reno, he totally won, single-handedly crushed both the Horde and Alliance, then defeated the out-of-control Galakrond on his own. And then left on his own and totally not after being defeated or anything.

Dys on
  • Options
    A Warlock in the Brawl dropping two 4/4s for 1 mana on turn 1 is a pretty ridiculous start.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    If I was still playing, I'd totally be playing Mage for this sort of nonsense:

https://youtu.be/AwPonxEuS9E

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Rafaam ended up fighting his mom as the prime evil galakrond, and then he realized his mom was right and fought galakrond

zepherin on
  • Options
    Just a reminder that floating watcher got nerfed. It is now T4, up from T3. The patch is server side so you won’t download anything new.

This is gonna hurt demons a moderate amount. Players can still high roll them but with fewer watchers, it will be harder.

This might hurt AFKay the most though. Her demon start was often the strongest in the game (freeze a wrath weaver into floating).

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Oof, that really hurts Demons. They'll still work in a highroll game, but I think a lot of people will bust out trying to go for them and not getting any Watchers before it's too late.

Welp, back to spamming Cobalts, which are still T3! Also this might make going for Beasts not as much of a trap since they usually get their shit stomped by Demons but fare decently against Mechs and I think the Watcher nerf is going to push people back into the comforting arms of Cobalts.

forty on
  • Options

Ooh, now those are the kind of stats I wanted to see when they were posting the "% first place finishes" for various comps.

• Options

Ooh, now those are the kind of stats I wanted to see when they were posting the "% first place finishes" for various comps.

Definitely my experience too

I like the floating watcher nerf. It makes demons harder but there are still non-watcher comps that can place high. Juggler builds have a great mid game and place fine.

As you noted, beasts prob are the winner here. They were in a weird place before, with a worse endgame than murlocs and worse mid game than demons. So now they’re prob the mid game powerhouse who can knock demons down before they can get to watcher.

For example, I won a game with goldrinn and baron buffing a couple hydras and random beasts. It knocked the demon player too low to scale and killed the murlocs player before he could get divine shield/poisonous.

Beasts will still prob be a niche build but likely have a better chance to place in top 4 now.

• Options
    I like the Floating Watcher nerf too, but I think it actually means Mechs are the winner. Mechs were already performing really well before, Cobalt has been untouched, still is at Tier 3, so it stands to reason.......

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mechs were already what I was best at and offered the most consistently, so I guess I'll just keep going mechs most of the time.

edit: speaking of which, I cracked 6k tonight.
    jytd7msccxaf.jpgNot a big deal to most of you, I'm sure, but I don't play much. I played 3 games tonight and placed 2nd, 2nd, 2nd. Not bad!

Marty81 on
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Mechs were already what I was best at and offered the most consistently, so I guess I'll just keep going mechs most of the time.

edit: speaking of which, I cracked 6k tonight.
    jytd7msccxaf.jpgNot a big deal to most of you, I'm sure, but I don't play much. I played 3 games tonight and placed 2nd, 2nd, 2nd. Not bad!

Nah that's a big deal, you should be proud of that. I'm also a pretty casual BG player and I've only just gotten past 5.6k.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    Goofing around with highlander Reno dragon mage, and this druid keeps emoting after almost every play. I turn 9 Alexstraza him and hit him for 5. He completes quest and fills board with a big wall of taunts. I play Kalecgos and discover pyro for lethal, with a "Whoops". aks7l5z6p6j5.jpg
    Whoops.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Having an extremely normal one, I see