As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Since HOME is out I'm wondering if I should send a Perfo IV Ditto I got from a very generous RockinX 6 years go to Sword. I kinda wanna keep it in X. How hard is it to get a perfect IV Ditto in Sword?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    4/5 IV Ditto's are easy enough to get in raids, 6IV would require some luck. However, high IVs are pretty easy to get from raids/brilliant aura Pokemon and then it's just a matter of breeding. A 6IV Ditto may speed things up a little, but 4/5 IV is perfectly fine.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    If anyone has a foreign 4/5 IV Ditto they don't want, I'll gladly relieve you of your gooey baby. It'd be so much easier for shiny chasing.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    From what I understand, the promoted pools are also easier to catch (for people joining in). The ones that appear in rare spawns are more difficult to catch unless you are the host, because... I don’t know why.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »
    From what I understand, the promoted pools are also easier to catch (for people joining in). The ones that appear in rare spawns are more difficult to catch unless you are the host, because... I don’t know why.

They may just be easier to catch because they also spawn at lower rarities than they do in the regular dens.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Hmmm...are Home GTS trades intentionally not evolving pokemon that normally do so?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Hmmm...are Home GTS trades intentionally not evolving pokemon that normally do so?

Did GTS trades used to evolve things? I never used it to trade for something that evolved through trade.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The GTS and Wonder Box are kind of annoying.

I spent a long time organizing all my boxes: the living dex is sorted by number, then I have boxes for Alola and Galar formes, alternate formes, Alcremie collection, Vivillon collection, surplus Vivillons and surplus legendaries for trading, etc. Then I have several boxes of trading fodder and junk.

When you go to the GTS or wonder box, you can't browse by box as far as I know. You just get all of your Pokemon presented to you in one big box. Yes you can sort by number and search for an individual, but I want to browse through my "extra mons" and "trade fodder" and "spare vivillon" boxes. Instead I have to sort by number and scroll down to see my doubles and then go to their summary to make sure I'm trading away one of my spares and not one I want to keep. Am I missing something? Is there an easier way?

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

That's super dumb if so! You could totally trade evolve with GTS previously. Listing a haunter for another haunter was good times!

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    How long is it taking you guys for your wonder boxes to trade through? Wonder trades in SwSh are almost instant, even if they are one at a time. Wonder box seems to take hours!

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    edited February 2020
    How long is it taking you guys for your wonder boxes to trade through? Wonder trades in SwSh are almost instant, even if they are one at a time. Wonder box seems to take hours!

Wonder Box takes hours. The Room Trades don't work. There's no way to filter your GTS trades beyond excluding mythical Pokemon (let me filter for trades where I have the asked for Pokemon, please! Let me filter out people asking for ultra beasts! Give me QoL features!) Friend Trades only being local is beyond bonkers.

If HOME is going to be the storage/GTS solution going forward, it needs a LOT of work.

Cruor on
    Cruor wrote: »

Wonder Box takes hours. The Room Trades don't work. There's no way to filter your GTS trades beyond excluding mythical Pokemon (let me filter for trades where I have the asked for Pokemon, please! Let me filter out people asking for ultra beasts! Give me QoL features!) Friend Trades only being local is beyond bonkers.

If HOME is going to be the storage/GTS solution going forward, it needs a LOT of work.

To be fair, outside of the Wonder Box, the rest of the issues you list have been endemic since the GTS was originally introduced back in... was it Black and White? It ain't ideal, but it's no worse than it has been in the past. I guess I've kinda normalized these limitations (even if they're still ass).

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular

also, it needs to show if a pokemon is gigantamax etc.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

To be fair, outside of the Wonder Box, the rest of the issues you list have been endemic since the GTS was originally introduced back in... was it Black and White? It ain't ideal, but it's no worse than it has been in the past. I guess I've kinda normalized these limitations (even if they're still ass).

'filter out asks for legendaries' was added at least by Gen 7; do they not have that anymore, or does it not cover ultra beasts?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

'filter out asks for legendaries' was added at least by Gen 7; do they not have that anymore, or does it not cover ultra beasts?

It only seems to filter out Mythical legendaries. It does not filter out Ultra Beasts.

Also, I could have sworn that you could filter the GTS better in some of of the game, at least filtering out results that you didn't have the asked for Pokemon. Maybe I am misremembering.

also, it needs to show if a pokemon is gigantamax etc.

Gigantamax status is hard enough to detect in actual Sword and Shield proper, I wouldn't expect it to be any easier in Home. At least you can see if a pokemon comes from SwSh when browsing, so you can sorta narrow it down that way, but that's no guarantee.

I wish you could browse for what people want. For example if I have a Poplio, I want to search for people who want a Poplio and see what they're offering.

I have to say though, it's fun browsing for Pokemon on my lunch break at work. I just got the green Deerling that I needed and got a shiny winter Sawsbuck for a Drizzile. I didn't know it was shiny, I just figured I could use an extra Sawsbuck for trading.

Hah, in browsing my pokes, I just saw that I apparently had caught a shiny Ghastly in Let's Go Pikachu and didn't even know it! neat!

Hmm... I just got a shiny Nidoqueen with perfect stats in my wonder box... that's... suspicious. It better not crash anything.

By the by, did you guys notice that there are a handful of pokemon that can go to SwSh that aren't on the Galar pokedex?

All of the SuMo starters can go to Galar, as can the Kanto ones (not just Charmander). Plus a few legendaries, like MewTwo, Mew and the Gen V legendary dogs (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo)

Here's a list of all transfer only Pokemon in SwSh:
    https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I’m frustrated by the UI differences between switch and mobile versions.

On mobile I can set labels, but I can’t see them/filter for them on switch. I can’t change markings on mobile, but I can’t on switch.

I have no way to *really* organize things that’s unified across mobile/switch Home/Sword.

Anyway, if you’re not squeamish about such things, I have a number of 6IV shiny foreign Dittos of... Dubious provenence. Free to good homes. (I did not hack/gen them, I got them from trades)

My Home friend thingie is BETTXESRBAAW

Add me!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »
    I’m frustrated by the UI differences between switch and mobile versions.

On mobile I can set labels, but I can’t see them/filter for them on switch. I can’t change markings on mobile, but I can’t on switch.

I have no way to *really* organize things that’s unified across mobile/switch Home/Sword.

Anyway, if you’re not squeamish about such things, I have a number of 6IV shiny foreign Dittos of... Dubious provenence. Free to good homes. (I did not hack/gen them, I got them from trades)

My Home friend thingie is BETTXESRBAAW

Add me!

Ha, I read your friend code quick as "Better ESRB, Aww"

Anyways, mine is ZEWNXCWKYYKH

or "Zen Cow Kashyyk"

My HOME code is JSRAZHTTVZDP

Sounds like a Twitch Plays Pokemon name.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I may be dumb but i can't figure out how to access the GTS and such.

edited February 2020
    Zunde wrote: »
    I may be dumb but i can't figure out how to access the GTS and such.

You can only access them from the mobile App. The Switch App doesn't have any of the trading stuff included. Another frankly baffling decision.

Cruor on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    That's dumb.

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    zm7mxmlufyes.jpg

First time to ever complete a dex!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I want to trade from PoGo to Home, but apparently I never got done with Silph Co in Let's Go Eevee. Looks like it won't be too hard after that though. Still debating if it's worth paying for Home. It doesn't seem all the way "there" yet.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Got my ghost birb and Moonbat back so I'm happy

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    I can’t connect Pokémon Go to Pokémon Let’s Go because apparently my phone isn’t supported. I have a Samsung Galaxy phone, it has Bluetooth, and it’s not some obscure brand or a flip phone or anything so I don’t know why it’s not supported.

I wanted to try and get Meltan and apparently connecting to Let’s Go is a faster way to do it.

Looks like room trades are working now for Home. Got a shiny Geodude and a shiny Zekrom today, so that's pretty great! Gonna transfer Zekrom over to Sword and use him in raids.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Well great. Now my lack of Zeraora is super obvious. That's not going to bother me. I'm not going to stare at that one gap in my pokedex every time I look at it.

Looks like room trades are working now for Home. Got a shiny Geodude and a shiny Zekrom today, so that's pretty great! Gonna transfer Zekrom over to Sword and use him in raids.

Are you doing random rooms? Because I go in those, and mostly people just flex shinies or legendaries before putting up a karp at the last second, or just quitting entirely.

People suck.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    No joke, so far I have all 10 slots in my wonderbox filled and its been about 20 hours, still no trade...

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I love that trading is done on the phone
    and I find home to be super worth the price

tech issues will get fixed, sooner or later

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    At least Pokémon Home is much more functional than Pokémon Go was when that first came out.

akjak wrote: »

Are you doing random rooms? Because I go in those, and mostly people just flex shinies or legendaries before putting up a karp at the last second, or just quitting entirely.

People suck.

Random rooms, yeah, I'm using the free stuff. The shiny Zekrom came from a room where the Pokemon was hidden completely. I've seen a lot of people just flexing shinies in rooms where you can see stuff before the trade, however.
    I love that trading is done on the phone
    and I find home to be super worth the price

tech issues will get fixed, sooner or later

Trading on the mobile app is fine, mostly. I'd love it if you could do friend trades without being in local proximity to each other, but I guess private room trades can mostly make up for that now that room trades seem to be working. I'd just also like an option of using GTS on the Switch version of the app, or the ability to throw things into the Wonder Box without touching my phone. It's not a deal breaker for me, but then again, I'm not too broken up about the little annoying things of a service I'm not even paying for.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Anyone have a justify Lucario I could borrow to start a breeding program? Spawn rates for the Shield Max Raid are tiiiiiny.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    Durinia wrote: »
    Anyone have a justify Lucario I could borrow to start a breeding program? Spawn rates for the Shield Max Raid are tiiiiiny.

I have a prankster Riolu, would that do in a pinch?

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Durinia wrote: »

I got two, but they're on home, you want one?

My discord tag is taco543#7723 at me and I'll be quicker to respond

My buddy and I kept trying to trade and we kept getting disconnect errors and it wasnt working, but we tried a trade room and that worked

taco543 on