As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hmmm hm hm. Tricky. I don’t have Faris’s Bubsy, so I can’t remove his last-phase buffs, but I can use debuffs in the other phases. I do have Ultimecia’s Bubsy, which can remove those same stats, but I’m not using her in a physical team, lol. Maybe if I had a true magic Wind Awakening instead of Terra’s Fire Awakening, id go that route.

On the other hand I actually do have Zidane’s Arcane, and his two USBs are available in the lens shop. So if nobody else works, I could snag those and his dualcast LMR and try to do that original strategy you based yours on. I don’t have the Zack chain either of you used, but I can lean on Ignis to try and make up the difference. I should use my Deadly Strikes Madsen, too.

Thanks for the info!

Enlong on
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Woohoo, the same dupes as in the last 2 pulls, except now both at once.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hmmm hm hm. Tricky. I don’t have Faris’s Bubsy, so I can’t remove his last-phase buffs, but I can use debuffs in the other phases. I do have Ultimecia’s Bubsy, which can remove those same stats, but I’m not using her in a physical team, lol. Maybe if I had a true magic Wind Awakening instead of Terra’s Fire Awakening, id go that route.

On the other hand I actually do have Zidane’s Arcane, and his two USBs are available in the lens shop. So if nobody else works, I could snag those and his dualcast LMR and try to do that original strategy you based yours on. I don’t have the Zack chain either of you used, but I can lean on Ignis to try and make up the difference. I should use my Deadly Strikes Madsen, too.

Thanks for the info!

I could never get the Phase skip thing with Titan. I tried a lot of configs. Faris BSB3, Barret USB (which is actually pretty cool to speed up Wind users and ups the chain count by a lot!), swapping Faris CSB for Zack's and so on. I'll only tell you that the timing is TIGHT to get:

-No rage on Titan.
    -Cloud going from Glint+ to AASB to AOSB (used both much sword LMR and EnWind LMR)
    -Getting Elarra's USB2 going
    -At least 4 Imperil Stacks between Faris/Zack/Zidane (pick your poison) and Syldra

If you're not online by say 18 - 20 secs, he will get a +1 Rage Level and just screw you over and end up somewhere in Phase 2. I do have Zidane's USB1+2, OSB and AOSB for this encounter and his AOSB was the thing I used the least when getting my Titans. His OSB with the SB buff is actually pretty cool to get over some walls.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Just saying, going slow and steady with Titan is fine. He doesn't deal that much damage; as long as you keep your head cool and deal with Wind Defussion and Walls, he isn't that terrifying. I feel he's basically designed to go slow during Phase 1 and 2 and just unload AASBs and AOSBs on Phase 3. Zidane just doing USB2 and OSBs was enough DPS to get to Phase 3 and then unload his AASB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I still think it's probably better to Cloud AOSB near the end of phase 2 to give yourself as much of a headstart on phase 3, because the damage reduction in phase 3 is even more obnoxious than elsewhere, and you're on a hard time limit where you just straight up lose to AOE Eject. The advantage of skipping phase 2 is missing a Wind Diffusion and two Earthen Walls, but IMO those are easier to deal with.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    FFBE collab banner info is out - Syncs and Awakenings for the main trio, and they're pretty good.

Rain goes dual element Fire/Earth SPB with a complicated Sync, Lasswell gets ice SAM stuff so Ayame doesn't feel alone, and Fina gets a WHT/Support setup that turns her into a better Rosa.

Yeah, I’m thinking of just doing that. Muddle thrihh phase 2 until I can hit that perfect Arcane drop. Zidane might be an option still, just to weaken Titan with Imperil.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, I’m thinking of just doing that. Muddle thrihh phase 2 until I can hit that perfect Arcane drop. Zidane might be an option still, just to weaken Titan with Imperil.

The main reason people tended to do the early Cloud AOSB is to skip one of the walls/I think you can skip one of the enWind dispels too? so both the others could be taken care of with summons. If you're saving it for later, you'll want to make sure you have a person with enElement who can OSB to get the third wall.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If you have the OSB charged and the character active I think you can OSB before he dispels enwind. I think its his second action on both P2 and P3? Its tight but you can do it with Zidane. If you are on a different character you run the risk of having your OSB plink off the wall.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »

The main reason people tended to do the early Cloud AOSB is to skip one of the walls/I think you can skip one of the enWind dispels too? so both the others could be taken care of with summons. If you're saving it for later, you'll want to make sure you have a person with enElement who can OSB to get the third wall.

I did it because it was REALLY finicky to be able to get into phase 2 to be able to actually set up a decent AOSB slam. He has rage jumps at 61% and 51%, but also spawns a wall at 56%, plus goes straight to rage 3 about about 15ish seconds in, which given that you're setting a bunch of shit up and have to knock down a wall, is almost guaranteed to be problematic, and hard to fully strip off without knocking him into phase 3.

Being able to skip a wall also reserves an extra Fabula Mage for getting out of rage 3 in phase 3, which can be rough.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    edited February 2020
    Yeah that’s another problem, lol. Since I don’t have Zack’s chain, I’m using Ignis for crit shenanigans. Meaning Alphy is my chainer. Meaning no room on the team for Tyro or Dr Mog. Meaning no Mage; gotta use Guardian.

That’s part of why Fang is a tempting pick over Bartz; instant OSBs that don’t get screwed over by diffusion when phase 2 starts. Bartz is glorious when he’s on point, though.

Enlong on
    Titan is 100%* piercing after phase 1. If you can figure out a way to heal phase 1, you don't necessarily need wall. Or you could do something crazy like have Yshtola put up wall at the beginning and then switch to healing.

* technically, p2t15 is not piercing, but hopefully you aren't seeing it

edited February 2020
    Echhh. I could try. See if Ignis drops dead before I can get set up.

Edit:

Yep, I can swing that. Now I gotta work on timing everything just right.

Enlong on
    dgrv4eychh98.png

...and that's not including any character-specific abilities.

Shit.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ignorance is bliss. Just fabul all week, orb meadows nights and weekends, and hope we have enough crystals if I need to hone something.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm not a macro person, so I have never run Fabul. If it's required for progress, I'm done progressing. My phone would melt if it ran that much.

edited February 2020
    Okay, gonna do ONE MORE ticket draw before stockpiling them. XV for best odds on lightning chain.

1/11 1 disco
    Prompto fucking chain!

I now have a gen2 chain in every element!

Jragghen on
    I’m sure if you have good enough relics you can do everything with zero magia. The point of the game is to spend thousands on pixels not to farm magia. But since I’m short on $ farming it is. Also it’s much easier to farm it on an emulator on the computer.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I got a new phone recently, and I'm using the old phone for my magia macroing

Argh futzed around with that backgammon side quest in the most recent record dungeons. Finally beat it and it gave me expert. Grr.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Think I'm going to start dipping into Nightmare dungeons on the new account already. I'm thinking I might be able to knock out a few of them just through brute force already (trashed the easiest fight on Ultima pretty easily), and it should be easier that now I know what the hell I'm doing. Might need to hone a bit more, but at the very least knocking out one or three of them will give me some pretty kick-behind stuff.

As for the tougher ones, it's going to be a long while until I build up my supply of breaks and characters- I might just turn and burn all my souls and see how far I can get on them, and I'm hoarding up crystals and stuff...

Holy and Flare are both kicking all kinds of ass, still- I don't have a summoner with a lot of stuff just yet, so Tyro usually runs Bahamut for now. Penelo running Holy is some pretty decent DPS when I have a healer SB and MM ready to pop it and a spare Curaja if I need more healing.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    Valentine's login bonus is cute, but fire crystals is like the one type I don't need. Oh well

Ooh, new lightning Monk skill! Now I can finally use Prishe’s USB the way it might have been intended.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Huh. I hadn't realized that when the Torment 3.0 dungeons come out, ALL the Torment off-realm stuff was getting tweaked. One off-realm with no penalty, and if you bring all five on-realm, you get a 10% boost to all damage dealt, and a 10% reduction to all damage taken. So if you wait, they literally get a buttload easier, especially in the healer field.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Daily hit: Curilla "reduce delay 3" LMR. Not useless!

Fffffuck. I want very much to keep trying Titan, but boy is it disheartening to set up the perfect Cloud buffs, only for Titan to zip from no rage to 3 rage while Cloud is casting his Arcane.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I’m sure if you have good enough relics you can do everything with zero magia. The point of the game is to spend thousands on pixels not to farm magia. But since I’m short on $ farming it is. Also it’s much easier to farm it on an emulator on the computer.

Do people really need characters with 200 or 300 magia points to do the top stuff right now? I've been getting my elemental teams to 100 just through doing other stuff while farming other things. Arcana right now is my limiting resource for how quickly I progress from one magicite to the next. The next fest can't come soon enough with their arcana dungeons.

I'm with Silence, if I get to the point where I think that Fabul farming is a the best way to advance I think I'll end up taking a break again. When it became clear trust farming was the way to improve in FFBE that was when I was done with that game. Haven't really felt that about magia though, its nice to have, and is easy enough to accrue but crystal farming is keeping me busy.

There's been one or two points I got bored and ground magia for a bit while I was watching TV, but I haven't done any abject magia grinding outside of that. I've sub-30'd every Torment, and have a complete Titan, but have yet to properly tackle Ramuh or Leviathan (although yesterday's get is kinda making me want to take another look at some clears of THAT one). My potential Ramuh team is my crystal farming team, and I'm approaching 200 magia for them, though.

So I'd say that top content doesn't NEED that much magia, but it sure doesn't hurt.

Bartz, in particular, benefits from a high magia count because you can reset him and reallocate when trying a different element - when I did Ice-weak Odin, having the extra 100 points in ice (which I had just because I used him enough I was over 200) definitely helped.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »

Do people really need characters with 200 or 300 magia points to do the top stuff right now? I've been getting my elemental teams to 100 just through doing other stuff while farming other things. Arcana right now is my limiting resource for how quickly I progress from one magicite to the next. The next fest can't come soon enough with their arcana dungeons.

I'm with Silence, if I get to the point where I think that Fabul farming is a the best way to advance I think I'll end up taking a break again. When it became clear trust farming was the way to improve in FFBE that was when I was done with that game. Haven't really felt that about magia though, its nice to have, and is easy enough to accrue but crystal farming is keeping me busy.

My worry is that eventually devs will design content with 4-500 Magia assumed.

Like how they designed 6 star Magicite with Glints specifically in mind.

edited February 2020
    I don't think they'd design for that, it doesn't make them $$

Did you read my post? It clearly says no you don't need magia. You need relics. Still +100 main stat for "free" is generous and its not like I have anything else to spend my stamina on. If I didn't have an emulator I'd never do it.

This reads angry to me and that’s not my intent.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Character boards include nodes worth a total of 400 magia XP, which is enough to go from 0 to 200.

The first 100 points is very useful. Anything after that is low value, BUT when you're riding that line of "I can almost take out this obnoxious super boss" then getting a few extra points of HP, DEF, RES, or element attack could make a difference.

Bluecyan wrote: »

My worry is that eventually devs will design content with 4-500 Magia assumed.

Like how they designed 6 star Magicite with Glints specifically in mind.

I used to think that, and well, my Titan clear was Glintless. It's more about with Infusion in mind than Glints.

Fffffuck. I want very much to keep trying Titan, but boy is it disheartening to set up the perfect Cloud buffs, only for Titan to zip from no rage to 3 rage while Cloud is casting his Arcane.

Also, I know how you feel @Enlong You have no idea how many hours I poured into that Cloud AOSB strat.

Gave magic Titan a shot for kicks.

Got to phase 3, but ran out of gas pretty badly. So either sitting on both my awakenings for a long-ass time to have a shot, or something else.

I also completely lack a magic wind imperil, which definitely makes things hard in phase 3.

Also, PSA I guess: if tetraflare expires while his Awakening is active, smart ether doesn't restore any hones for Alphinaud.

I guess that makes a kind of sense. The infinite jones make it impossible to alter the count in any way, whether as a cost or a bonus.

edited February 2020
    Picture from when my chain was expiring so I thought I was done:

n57pokcbn8d4.jpg

Picture after a QC new chain, and both my awakenings triplecast and one did it's chase:

tosck731ok4j.jpg

.....first person to beat a 6* in both physical and magical?

Also, halfway through the fight I realized I should have brought the 6* QC bard ability instead of curada WHOOPS

Jragghen on
    My favorite part of that fight: Tyro casting USB2 for a lack of anything better to do with his meter, to give the party pentabuff, and dealing 6 damage per hit, except when he crit, which dealt 9 damage.

edited February 2020
    Also, since magic isn't common, parts used:
    Everyone had two +wind, with Fujin not having an artifact, but having a 8* combined thrown thing.

Fujin: meltdown R5 tornado R5, USB (chase, enWind), CSB. Had AOSB and IC enWind SSB, but never used.
    Tyro: 6* dance, def/res dance, both R4. USB2, USB3, healing glint (used once, unnecessary). TBH, probably should have sent in OK with protect or she'll or something. LMR
    Alphinaud: dark Valefor and tiamat, both R5. BSB, USB, GSB, AASB.
    Elarra: mage bard and curada, both R5. USB2, AASB. LMR
    Ultimecia: chain tornado and tornado both R5. BSB (purchased) and AASB. enWind LMR

RW was fabula mage, summon was a maxed Titan, other magicite were the two wind ones and two madeens with magic and HP.

No real strategy beyond summoning to kill walls (and second magicite shortly before third wall), and having alph with an IC to do his Awakening right after phase 3 (and luckily had enough meter to glint for enfusion lv 2), and everyone else having meter to enWind, too. Otherwise, whole fight was just trying to deal damage most efficiently.

Jragghen on
    Oh, and since we were talking magia: alphinaud had 80, 30 of which I apparently put on res instead of mag WHOOPS. Fujin had 45 and ultimecia had 13.

Sorry, last post, I swear :p

Oooof.

I had like a perfect run on Ramuh going, but mis-timed an Aerith USB and she died.

DESPITE that, made it into phase 3 (completely unprepared thanks to Bartz quadcasting :p)