As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Now Witness the Firepower of this Fully Armed and Operational Warmind!

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    I know I play Destiny a lot, but damn, people.
    Finally going to bed. Managed to hit 709900 resonance, and pulled my generated to find that all 71 slots in my inventory got full. I've had so much motivational help.

EQoo8EOX0AASyQ1?format=jpg&name=900x900

There is no way Bungie gave us some impossible community target. If people just keep turning in fractaline, we’re going to get it done eventually. I’m surprised at the amount of effort some people are putting into this.

we already have 5 out of 7 goals met so i've no doubt that it'll be done with time to spare. on the other hand, giving how slow the turn in process is i'm less sure that that player will have enough time to actually turn all that in. :P

Someone did a quick calculation, and it would take him about 6 hours to turn it all in.

It’s also 1613 completed timelost weapons.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Damn, I'm just at 26200 resonance. Dealing with all the crap you get from handing in is a hassle.

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    i am at 8000 and am struggling to do some more but I probably will, just keep pulling the lever on some bygones.

edited February 2020
    Woooooo they are going to be letting us change armor affinity!!!

Granted, having to repay the cost of the upgrades is going to suck total ass, but at least pulling the element you want from collections for exotics for cheap is possible.

I can finally have fusion ammo transversive steps!

Edit: also, pretty good change with the seasonal mod. Basically, the seasonal mod a lot will cover the season before and after the season it’s in. Undying armor will work with dawn, but not the upcoming [redeacted], dawn armor will work with undying, itself, and [redecated], and the new [redecated] season will work with dawn, [redecated], and [super redacted]

ronzo on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    After approximately 700 years of farming the phase 3 boss in Garden, I finally got a Sacred Provenance with Rapid Hit / Kill Clip.

The rest of the roll isn't perfect (I want Arrowhead Break/Ricochet/Range MW), but I have Extended/Fluted Barrel and Light Magazine with a Stability MW. It seems like it could be worse, but I figure I'll try it out for a while and see if it has the potential that people talk about it having.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I'll be curious to hear what you think about it because at least on console I don't like the aggressive pulses all that much in PvP. You pretty much have to two burst someone to make it worth it and that's really hard to consistently do, I can three tap people with my Bygones way more easily and I've done a lot better with it than my outlaw/kill clip Blast Furnace.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I'll be curious to hear what you think about it because at least on console I don't like the aggressive pulses all that much in PvP. You pretty much have to two burst someone to make it worth it and that's really hard to consistently do, I can three tap people with my Bygones way more easily and I've done a lot better with it than my outlaw/kill clip Blast Furnace.

I find the same thing on PC. My Bygones is just way more consistent at getting kills.

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I'm 100% certain Bygones remains one of, if not the best/most reliable Pulses in the game. For some reason I tend not to use it (probably some sorta Destiny hipster tendencies and I don't like the SFX), but I've been thinking of trying to get a god roll as prep for Trials. I tend to use my Jian when I need to favor reliability (Survival), but Jian is energy and sometimes I want to bend some minds.

I also realized that Redrix was inferior, but used it a lot even though I basically never got 2 bursts with it. And it was a PvE wonder.

I already have like 200 some kills on my previous Provenance for 6v6, so I'm used to the weapon, but we'll see if this one works better. It's fun in 6v6 for when you get Kill Clip and two burst people, and I also just prefer the visual look of it. It also gives me a pulse for PvE since Rapid Hit is more reliable in PvE than Outlaw.

Still yeah, I anticipate once Trials shows up, they'll have a new pulse to chase that ideally will be better than either Provenance or Bygones or Jian or anything else.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I have a Bygones with stability masterwork, arrowhead brake, AP rounds, outlaw, and a choice between kill clip and rampage.

It's criminally underused because I'm so tired of pulses after Y1 and the Redrix grind early Y2.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    I have a Bygones with stability masterwork, arrowhead brake, AP rounds, outlaw, and a choice between kill clip and rampage.

It's criminally underused because I'm so tired of pulses after Y1 and the Redrix grind early Y2.

Mine is literally my ideal roll for PC; Full Bore, Ricochet Rounds, Outlaw, Rampage, Range Masterwork.

I would love to equip it more, but at the moment I feel bad for ever taking Izanagi's out of my primary spot for anything else.

I kind of wish they would shift the sandbox a bit and let a power weapon take top dps spot again.

Dys wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »

Mine is literally my ideal roll for PC; Full Bore, Ricochet Rounds, Outlaw, Rampage, Range Masterwork.

I would love to equip it more, but at the moment I feel bad for ever taking Izanagi's out of my primary spot for anything else.

I kind of wish they would shift the sandbox a bit and let a power weapon take top dps spot again.

It’s already neck and neck with whisper+whispered breathing, at least on any fight long enough to empty your entire reserves. Downside is that it’s even more punishing if you miss a shot, as reprocing breathing takes awhile. If they nerf izanagis, that’s what everyone will likely change over to.

My Bygones is pretty off meta (chambered comp/hi-cal/slideshot/opening shot) but it's the most consistent pulse I've ever used, it feels like the crit box is navel to 8 inches above the head and I feel confident dueling anybody I come across, using pretty much anything.

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I've been going purely by stats and "suggested" perks on weapons. It sounds like that's not the best way to go about weapons? I've been proceeding with the assumption that bigger numbers are just always better.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I've been going purely by stats and "suggested" perks on weapons. It sounds like that's not the best way to go about weapons? I've been proceeding with the assumption that bigger numbers are just always better.

Destiny stats are obtuse af

https://youtu.be/a7BUhYnhGz0

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm 100% certain Bygones remains one of, if not the best/most reliable Pulses in the game. For some reason I tend not to use it (probably some sorta Destiny hipster tendencies and I don't like the SFX)

This a thousand times

Something about the sound just kills it for me

As a result, I greatly prefer Last Perdition, even if it probably kills like .07 seconds slower

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Y'all is crazy Bygones is perfect

For me, whether or not I like using the aggressive 450 pulses comes down to scopes.

Blast furnace with medium scope = decent
    Blast furnace with the short scope = hotness

• CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Christ I'm getting sick of Xur.

Stop giving me Bombadiers. I have FIVE of them now.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I've got a Rampage/Outlaw/Extended Mag/Stab MW Bygones, but I just prefer the overall archetype of my Rampage/Outlaw/Flared Magwell/Range MW Go Figure, got it on day 1 or 2 of Forsaken launch and I've had it ever since. More range than any other pulse I've ever seen, and almost as much stability as my Bygones with more damage per shot (though I am primarily a PvE player)

Aggressive frame pulses are great in pve, I probably have a million kills on my blast furnace.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Even by Destiny standards Bygone is a supremely easy gun to use. It's skill floor is lower than the earth's molten core and I absolutely adore it for that.
    I don't even have a very good roll on any of mine and I still break them out when I want to just chill in pvp but still be secure in the knowledge that I'll be able to hang.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    I have Full Auto on my Bygones and it feels like cheating to just lay on the trigger and aim center of mass for kills. It also has Kill Clip, which just makes it that much more smackin.

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I like Bygones, but have never found a better PR than my Blast Furnace (Drop Mag, Headseeker, Minor Spec). I guess if I got one that had the same but something better to replace Quickdraw, but I'll be honest it isn't worth the hassle of doing anything involving a Forge again.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/02/16/here-are-the-most-and-least-common-titles-in-destiny-2/

Looks like Harbinger has overtaken Reckoner as rarest title because people don't bother with solo content

The warmind.io lists only 4% of players having Unbroken, then why do I see full lobbies of them all the time brungley???

I don't have any of those, as far as I know.

It looks like they all take more dedication than I'm willing to devote to a purple tag on my name.

It looks like they all take more dedication than I'm willing to devote to a purple tag on my name.

Dredgen is super easy if you don't mind Gambit.

Sadly it's got PvP, so it's a no-go.

Anything even slightly competitive is usually something I avoid like the plague, mainly because of how most folks treat competition. Like, I'll play vs games with my family or close friends, but no one else, and then only if I know they can handle winning or losing. I mean, even I'm not the best winner or loser, but it becomes way easier to just enjoy a game if it's people I know vs people I don't, co-op or vs.

Thus I avoid PvP in multiplayer online games at pretty much all costs, and that includes Gambit.

Basically, if it can't be gotten doing Strikes, public events, story quests, and other solo content, It's doubtful I'll ever get a title.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm a few lucky drops away from getting like 3 extra titles. Right now my only one is Chronicler, which is apparently a rarer one, so that's nice.

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular

Sadly it's got PvP, so it's a no-go.

Anything even slightly competitive is usually something I avoid like the plague, mainly because of how most folks treat competition. Like, I'll play vs games with my family or close friends, but no one else, and then only if I know they can handle winning or losing. I mean, even I'm not the best winner or loser, but it becomes way easier to just enjoy a game if it's people I know vs people I don't, co-op or vs.

Thus I avoid PvP in multiplayer online games at pretty much all costs, and that includes Gambit.

Basically, if it can't be gotten doing Strikes, public events, story quests, and other solo content, It's doubtful I'll ever get a title.

So I'd been avoiding PvP too for similar reasons. Mostly because my days of being remotely competitive in PvP are long behind me. Like at least a decade Closer to 2 at this point. Also I only started playing in December, and this game has what, a 3 year meta at this point? 6 years if you count the first Destiny? The days of a game being a nice simple Quake style game of skill seem long past, and everything is about a constantly evolving meta.

Regardless, I donno if I stumbled across one of those meta combos, but I decided to do some rumble PvP matches this morning to tick the box on a quest from Warmind. Solar Titan with Cerberus+1 and some exotic chestpiece that constantly reloads your autorifle.

I fucking dominated so hard. Had a 4.0 k/d ratio one game, and over 2 the other. Just ran away with it constantly. All I had to do was point at the head and hold down the trigger. I rarely ever actually emptied a clip. My chest armor made fire control a thing of the past. Pay a little attention to my radar to find peeps and not get jumped and my trigger finger took care of the rest.

I have no idea how the matchmaking works in this game. I'm sure some confluence of coincidences occurred to deliver me such unprecedented matches 3 in a row. But I'll take it and enjoy it all the same.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Leaning hard on a particular playstyle can go far. By the time you meet people who can reliably crush it, you'll have learned more tricks.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    The latest rumor is that next season not only brings back Trials, but also Prison of Elders

yEeeeEessSs

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Those feel super unconnected. I'll take it and all but a weird pairing there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited February 2020

They both came out in the same expansion in D1, the second DLC, after Dark Below. Now Trials didn't start until part way through that season I think, but that was the update that added the Reef, which is where Vance was before everyone hated him

Local H Jay on

They both came out in the same expansion in D1, the second DLC, after Dark Below. Now Trials didn't start until part way through that season I think, but that was the update that added the Reef, which is where Vance was before everyone hated him

Where the original Vance was, before he was murdered by the Osiris stalker that is currently impersonating Vance.

I still have no idea what those writers were thinking with him, and why anyone okay’d that to go out to the public

ronzo wrote: »
    Where the original Vance was, before he was murdered by the Osiris stalker that is currently impersonating Vance.

I still have no idea what those writers were thinking with him, and why anyone okay’d that to go out to the public

. . . wait, what?

I feel a bit more than a bit behind.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

. . . wait, what?

Brother Vance, the vendor on Mercury, was also in Destiny 1. He was in charge of Trials of Osiris back then, and had a totally different personality and basically 0 dialog. People really really don't like him in Destiny 2, so @ronzo was just making a joke.

He had a lot of dialogue if you hung out around him, but he never had much to say. Seems it was better that way. The joke of Vance is that he's a follower of Osiris and he's also literally blind.

Crippl3 wrote: »

. . . wait, what?

Brother Vance, the vendor on Mercury, was also in Destiny 1. He was in charge of Trials of Osiris back then, and had a totally different personality and basically 0 dialog. People really really don't like him in Destiny 2, so @ronzo was just making a joke.

Ah!

I don't find Vance any more annoying than any other vendor in D2. I mean, he's got a serious fanatic feel to him, but in many ways so do some of the other guardians.

We had a pretty fun night in Elim, the true sweats weren't out so we almost ran the board.

My supremacy continues to be my favorite sniper, I was trying Revoker again but it feels bad in comparison. I had two double kills in our last game that I was legit proud of and I couldn't have made either with Revoker.