As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Wrestling] WWE roster receives "quiet demotion" to developmental performance center

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    If you folks need a good pick me up this morning watch this and listen to Justin Roberts day Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzKgD89oOE

uyvfOQy.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The craziest thing about Moxley not getting attention over Seth or Roman is that WWE could have seen his potential if they paid any attention at all to their own developmental system. Seth's matches were great but his promos weren't that memorable and his feuds over the FCW 15 Championship all ran together. Roman's time in Florida was abysmal. Moxley however started with amazing promos, memorable feuds with Foley and Regal and he was usually the best part of the matches all three Shield guys had against each other. I think it's something they're still doing despite the fact that they're very much so positioning NXT against AEW.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

Nyla Rose gives no fucks and I love it.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Well I bought a ticket to AEW Double or Nothing so I guess I’m going to Vegas

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Those two are just leftovers from WWE. I have both Jesus and Scooby Doo in 2k19. They just beat Trump and Shrek last night in a real slobberknocker.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Those two are just leftovers from WWE. I have both Jesus and Scooby Doo in 2k19. They just beat Trump and Shrek last night in a real slobberknocker.

So it was a handicap match?

#gottem
    #blessed
    #uninvited

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    The craziest thing about Moxley not getting attention over Seth or Roman is that WWE could have seen his potential if they paid any attention at all to their own developmental system. Seth's matches were great but his promos weren't that memorable and his feuds over the FCW 15 Championship all ran together. Roman's time in Florida was abysmal. Moxley however started with amazing promos, memorable feuds with Foley and Regal and he was usually the best part of the matches all three Shield guys had against each other. I think it's something they're still doing despite the fact that they're very much so positioning NXT against AEW.

I'm not meaning this as a knock on Moxley, but for most of his tenure he was really lean. He only put on some muscle at the tail end when he had already been slotted as joke character by creative. Also, Roman is like ridiculously good-looking and photogenic. With time he can learn to wrestle, which he did. Moxley can't learn to be as good-looking.

• jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    I think Roman is the next guy in the line of Rock and Cena to be Hollywood bound and that is what WWE really wants to push. Dean is a better wrestler overall but Roman has more mainstream appeal.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    jonny439 wrote: »
    I think Roman is the next guy in the line of Rock and Cena to be Hollywood bound and that is what WWE really wants to push. Dean is a better wrestler overall but Roman has more mainstream appeal.

Yeah, but Dean has that rugged charm to him. Like a Steve Austin.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I still think that belt is too damn small and in Nyla's hands it's apparent.

I'm unsure of why they went with that design.

I would say it was a nod towards old school, smaller belt aesthetics, but they didn't do that with the men's titles, so it doesn't fit with the rest of the company.

Personally, my favorite title has always been the Big Gold Belt, so the small belts always look like they don't belong in a professional organization to me.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

I will say when I saw the belt I was more excited for Nyla to win it so it would look even smaller.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I would normally avoid linking anything that involves Corey Graves, but:

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    First Brookes, now Martina. I've heard all I need to. #FreeLariato

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

I will say when I saw the belt I was more excited for Nyla to win it so it would look even smaller.

If the belt's too small, could always wear it around your wrist or neck like an accessory.

The same way Kairi Sane wears it around her neck (though maybe thats a case of "too big").

Then theres the classic "over the shoulder". You don't wear the belt, the belt wears you.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• never dienever die Registered User regular

I mean, I agree that I feel overall WWE under-utilized Moxley, but they also pushed him at times? He was their top face through the latter half of 2014, feuding with Seth and Bray Wyatt in the main events of the last 3-4 PPVs. Granted, the booking wasn't great, but that wasn't unique to him. Then he would get marquee matches against Lesnar, and was considered important enough to be able to win some midcard belts. He was even the "champion" for awhile when be beat Seth in 2015. then he won money in the bank and cashed in to win the championship. Then flash forward to the build up for the brand split, the only time there was a triple threat match with the three SHIELD members, and Moxley was the one who won.

So while yeah, he wasn't their top guy all the time (and I think he easily could have been), but he also was often in the top of the card and even got some great highlight moments.

I'm unsure of why they went with that design.

I would say it was a nod towards old school, smaller belt aesthetics, but they didn't do that with the men's titles, so it doesn't fit with the rest of the company.

AEW's belt designs don't really have a consistent aesthetic in any way, so that's no real surprise.

I have to agree with the criticism of the women's title, though. It's freaking tiny, and putting it in Nyla's hands makes that even more obvious. It'd be a good design if it wasn't so small.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »

I mean, I agree that I feel overall WWE under-utilized Moxley, but they also pushed him at times? He was their top face through the latter half of 2014, feuding with Seth and Bray Wyatt in the main events of the last 3-4 PPVs. Granted, the booking wasn't great, but that wasn't unique to him. Then he would get marquee matches against Lesnar, and was considered important enough to be able to win some midcard belts. He was even the "champion" for awhile when be beat Seth in 2015. then he won money in the bank and cashed in to win the championship. Then flash forward to the build up for the brand split, the only time there was a triple threat match with the three SHIELD members, and Moxley was the one who won.

So while yeah, he wasn't their top guy all the time (and I think he easily could have been), but he also was often in the top of the card and even got some great highlight moments.

I definitely wouldn't say his time in WWE was without great moments. His feud with AJ, for example, was brilliant. But things like the match with Brock only seemed to underscore that they saw him as a tier below the "real" stars.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I would normally avoid linking anything that involves Corey Graves, but:

That's actually really heartwarming.

BLM - ACAB
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2020

Man that's a yikes, I don't know this angle are Miz and Morrison the villains here? because that's fucking ice.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Man that's a yikes, I don't know this angle are Miz and Morrison the villains here? because that's fucking ice.

Yeah, Miz went heel again after he lost to Bray.

Sprout wrote: »

ok in that context the tweet makes sense in like heels are supposed to be bad people. Still kind of a like "Man I hope the Usos approved of that."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

I'm loving the motif of people retreating to a previous incarnation of their character after losing to Bray. Maybe we should have that Cena v Bray match so we can get Thugonomics Cena back full-time.

Or maybe Roman can lose to Bray and go back to wearing a nice suit.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Roman loses and completes his transformation into Sylvester the Cat.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • never dienever die Registered User regular

I'm loving the motif of people retreating to a previous incarnation of their character after losing to Bray. Maybe we should have that Cena v Bray match so we can get Thugonomics Cena back full-time.

Or maybe Roman can lose to Bray and go back to wearing a nice suit.

Or Big E loses and starts his five count again.

• SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It's really nice when WWE actively tells me not to watch Smackdown.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    lemme guess

love and brother

in that order

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    If there's any benevolent force in the world he'll say "get this mandible claw off me".

Except nobody will be able to understand him.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    He'll be discussing his economic anxiety I'm sure.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Look Bray, straight up abandoning your wife for Jojo is a super shitty thing...

but you're re-married to a black woman now. You spend child support money you owe your ex-wife on buying Jojo rings and ponies and shit...

The least you can do for her is to slap on the mandible claw, tear off Hogan's lower jaw and bring it home as a Valentine's Day gift so he can never say a slur again. I'm not asking for me. I'm saying it's the right thing to do in a karmic sense. Build this new marriage on a solid foundation of love and trust and Hulk Hogan's mental protuberance bone.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    He'll be discussing his economic anxiety I'm sure.

I'm sure there's loads of demand for racist 66 year old musical mediocrities cum soap opera stars who cuckold radio personalities, get cuckolded by underwear models, and have Trumpian behavioral tics towards their daughters.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Heh that Nightmare Family Foxhound shirt didn’t show up with the new AEW
    Shirts today it looks like

Wonder if someone at a legal department seen it and went nooooooope

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    In probably the most random news I'll read all year: Jungle Boys dad is Luke Perry?!

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    ED! wrote: »
    In probably the most random news I'll read all year: Jungle Boys dad is Luke Perry?!

That's been known for a while yeah. Here's him attending a match in support in early-2017 https://www.eonline.com/news/822564/luke-perry-supports-his-son-jungle-boy-nate-coy-at-a-wrestling-tournament

Here's Jungle Boy climbing to the top of Luke's Once Upon A Time In Hollywood billboard at the film's premiere a few months after Luke's passing

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Crippl3 on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Dustin Rhodes being a very good dude and also being able to put on amazing matches like this week's AEW one against Sammy makes me very happy

He got the crowd to go wild

I want that guy to do well

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Tam gave Kagetsu P-Chan at her retirement

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular

ok in that context the tweet makes sense in like heels are supposed to be bad people. Still kind of a like "Man I hope the Usos approved of that."

Given that they can't be there because of DUI's, I kind of don't care whether they approved or not. They deserve to be shamed for it.

This discussion has been closed.